Wow guys !!!
All those buildings you found today that's amazing !!!!
I saved all of them on Google Earth but I still need to add them to my map.
By the way, I'm starting to wonder if it's still worth doing ?
Maybe I should start working on something else, like a database of IDed buildings.
Kind of like on iGTA5 with their landmark page.
I was thinking of doing all that on the GTA Wiki. That way, we could all participate in
the creation of that database.
Tell me what you guys think.
Yes, you're right. If we wanted to do it, we could definitely make the most comprehensive map of LS/BC, with links to images/maps/streetview for all landmarks.
Whatever it's going to be, I think it should be based on R*s satellite map. It's one of the best official game maps I've ever seen.
I can make a sketch of how that could work, once I'm a bit less busy with that game...
Okay, just found some time to put together a small demo of how that could work (link
). It may have bugs, won't work in Internet Explorer, and doesn't have more than 3 landmarks yet, but it's probably good enough to get the idea.
What we'd need for every landmark is:
- its name in the game (of course, some buildings may not have one)
- a screenshot (Rockstar, Imgur, whatever)
- its location on the game map, between 0,0 and 12000,12000 (easy, just look at the URL in the browser)
- its name or address in real life (basically something that you can type into Google Maps to get there)
- an image taken in real life (Wikipedia, Google Images, etc)
Those could be collected in a text file or spreadsheet, or, ideally, I'd make an interface to add places.
Let me know what you think...