Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,185 replies to this topic
lxr
  • lxr

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:43 PM Edited by lxr, 11 September 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Um... that doesn't read PALETO BAY, does it? Wouldn't make any sense, would it?

QysMVWh.jpg

Edit: As imgur keeps re-encoding large images as JPG, here's a PNG:

ZbzLVQP.png

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:45 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 11 September 2013 - 12:46 PM.

I don't get the "hunting" icon.

There's only one spot on the map where you can hunt animals?

What about the rest of the map?

I mean there are so many mountains...

You don't have to enter the icon/start a hunting mission the animals spawn in the world the same as NPC's do (Like in RDR) where you can hunt them wherever they are.

I'm presuming the hunting icon is a hunting shop?

I think the Hunting icon will move around.

Its bounty place with the fat woman. Or maybe place where you sell scalps and dead animals. 

You can hunt animals anywhere.

philphan25
  • philphan25

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:48 PM Edited by philphan25, 11 September 2013 - 12:52 PM.

X14Es41.jpg

This doesn't look quite right. Now it could be a picture/scanning issue, but the shadows behind some icons are not there, while others just look inconsistent. Also, are there no Pay 'n Sprays?

EDIT: Nevermind. The actual picture from the magazine a few pages back looks better.

Cuban800
  • Cuban800

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:49 PM Edited by Cuban800, 11 September 2013 - 12:57 PM.

-snip-

Why wouldn't it make sense?

@philpan25, you spray your vehicle in the automotive shops, i would assume.

philphan25
  • philphan25

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:51 PM Edited by philphan25, 11 September 2013 - 12:52 PM.

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Where's NORTH YANKTON THEN? Come one... nice work.. BUT where is it? I don't see any sign of it on the north side of the map and I can't see any snow. Weird.

It's mission-specific or a cutscene most likely.

Who says North Yankton isn't a place you can travel to. There is an airport and it looks like it can be entered. So as a passenger, you can fly to North Yankton, go skiing, snowboarding, etc.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

is it me or am i just crazy but it seems like theres just few house you can buy.

19 houses is "few" for you?

Well... compared to TDU2, yeah, it's only few houses... but compared to another GTA it's a properties paradise!

TestDrive2+2012-01-08+20-56-37-42.jpg

It is good that this map is here. In comparison there may be something to mention. There is a race that takes place in TDU that is also on this map ( Atari is a F- junk ) that takes 49 minutes with a GTR Mercedes Benz.  Every try, every win, 49 minutes. Just as a comparison in how long it may take drive the circumference of GTA V's map.  

lxr
  • lxr

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Don't know, but... being able to travel the full map by bus? I guess the overall expectation is that the buses stay within the limits of Los Santos. But yeah, it looks like P_L_T_ ___ to me.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Don't know, but... being able to travel the full map by bus? I guess the overall expectation is that the buses stay within the limits of Los Santos. But yeah, it looks like P_L_T_ ___ to me.

I guess we also can use trains and/or taxis again. Like in GTA IV with no waitin time.

Ignaz
  • Ignaz

Zipflklatscher

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:03 PM Edited by Ignaz, 11 September 2013 - 01:05 PM.

Achievementlist & propertybindings:

- Stick Up Kid
you held up all 20 stores.

- Waste Management
you purchesed the old dock and collected all nuclear waste.

- TP Industries Arms Race
you purchased McKenzies Field Hangar and won the arms race

- you purchased downtown cab co. and completed a prvate fare.

So what we know is that we can get 20 propertys to make money with and there are 20 $signs on the map.

3 are discoverd by the list above.

1 icon in the oilfield. Some Workshop?

So, there are many things can be happen.

GshezUG.jpg

Angelon
  • Angelon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

X14Es41.jpg

This doesn't look quite right. Now it could be a picture/scanning issue, but the shadows behind some icons are not there, while others just look inconsistent. Also, are there no Pay 'n Sprays?

EDIT: Nevermind. The actual picture from the magazine a few pages back looks better.

i find it strange that below Local Services, there is no Fire Department? Hospital/Police Station/Car Wash?...

• Josh410 likes this

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

is it me or am i just crazy but it seems like theres just few house you can buy.

Well... compared to TDU2, yeah, it's only few houses... but compared to another GTA it's a properties paradise!

TestDrive2+2012-01-08+20-56-37-42.jpg

It is good that this map is here. In comparison there may be something to mention. There is a race that takes place in TDU that is also on this map ( Atari is a F- junk ) that takes 49 minutes with a GTR Mercedes Benz.  Every try, every win, 49 minutes. Just as a comparison in how long it may take drive the circumference of GTA V's map.  

Well, this map that I'll post it's from TDU2, look the distance to race around ibiza... Modafoking 150 KM! I can't believe that V will have this distance to run around the map... =[

tips-route-Race-around-Ibiza-a01-l.png

Ignaz
  • Ignaz

Zipflklatscher

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:09 PM Edited by Ignaz, 11 September 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Well, this map that I'll post it's from TDU2, look the distance to race around ibiza... Modafoking 150 KM! I can't believe that V will have this distance to run around the map... =[

Earth to Moon!!! Helloooooooo the properties are businessprops and no savehouses or owned houses with garages.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

By the way... for everyone who are so excited with V... try to get TDU 2 and "free run" around the map... it's... well.. a therapy!

lxr
  • lxr

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:17 PM Edited by lxr, 11 September 2013 - 01:19 PM.

TDU may not be the best comparison. It's so large, see below, that you can hardly make out GTA V. (I also assume that most of its territory is just decoration, not a world in the sense of GTA.) So... no, driving around the map in GTA V will not take that long.

2m4ifJ0.jpg

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:56 PM Edited by LaDispute, 11 September 2013 - 01:59 PM.

So the legend confirms the property for sale, with that we can work out that unless this doesn't show all property for sale.

We cannot buy anything in Malibu.

One thing to note is 115 Bay City Avenue, described as overlooking the marina.

Someone reckoned the helipad and bar was only for sale down there, so in the marina area I see no property.

Either way I don't care this game is the most ambitious GTA ever, biggest list of features in a GTA game.

The properties for sale will probably just be businesses - houses are done via the internet?!

Ahh i don't know where you get that idea, it clearly says property, the guide is showing the locations of the buyable houses via internet, they aren't businesses, there are 21, buyable and enterable properties, that's a lot! ahah.

Edit: Second thought i notice a few things missing on the map, but im pretty sure if they were going about businesses it would be called purchasable business and wouldn't have a house with a cash sign on it, which kind of gives me the idea they are houses or property and houses go hand in hand.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by esato, 11 September 2013 - 02:06 PM.

TDU may not be the best comparison. It's so large, see below, that you can hardly make out GTA V. (I also assume that most of its territory is just decoration, not a world in the sense of GTA.) So... no, driving around the map in GTA V will not take that long.

2m4ifJ0.jpg

In TDU2 (I've not played the TDU1) yeah, the most of territory is for decoration but, you can drive almost all territory, except that your car can't climb, like some mountains and water... otherwise, you can drive in or offroad (really offroad, out of the pre defined lines).

BTW, this comparison that you make is correct? WTF! Now I know why I've never unlocked all ways in TDU2.

Fishman92
  • Fishman92

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Anyone else think that the map shape looks like a head because it's supposed to represent the face on a US Banknote? Considering the whole theme is money, and so on?

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

guys, remember: GTA is not only about drinving like TDU! Theres is much more to calculate for the consoles then just a (more or less) none interactive map, cars and drinving physics!!!

ZuParadox
  • ZuParadox

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

So the legend confirms the property for sale, with that we can work out that unless this doesn't show all property for sale.

Someone reckoned the helipad and bar was only for sale down there, so in the marina area I see no property.

Either way I don't care this game is the most ambitious GTA ever, biggest list of features in a GTA game.

The properties for sale will probably just be businesses - houses are done via the internet?!

Ahh i don't know where you get that idea, it clearly says property, the guide is showing the locations of the buyable houses via internet, they aren't businesses, there are 21, buyable and enterable properties, that's a lot! ahah.

Edit: Second thought i notice a few things missing on the map, but im pretty sure if they were going about businesses it would be called purchasable business and wouldn't have a house with a cash sign on it, which kind of gives me the idea they are houses or property and houses go hand in hand.

Yes a property is a building that you own........

It doesn't say "safe house" - which will be the houses you can buy via the internet, which we have already seen in the gameplay trailer

Chinese Takeout
  • Chinese Takeout

"Do, or do not. There is no try." <(-_-)>

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

@philpan25, you spray your vehicle in the automotive shops, i would assume.

Correct. This was confirmed some time ago...at least as far back as the big Game Informer reveal. Here are a couple support links...

http://www.gameinfor...tomization.aspx

http://www.game-deba...o More In GTA V

Ignaz
  • Ignaz

Zipflklatscher

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

The $ signs on this businessproperties are on it, because you spend $ to make $$$. And the spots where are the properties shows places like a helipad a shop next to the beach and i´ll also pretty sure nobody wants to buy a house in the oilfields. BTW go and count again its 20 like the achievemet hold all 20 properties.

• Sleepless1100 likes this

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by LaDispute, 11 September 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Yes a property is a building that you own........

It doesn't say "safe house" - which will be the houses you can buy via the internet, which we have already seen in the gameplay trailer

It would only be common sense for the guide to label them regardless of the fact you can use the internet to buy them.

It is a guide after all, maybe safe houses, large property and business are all labelled under that legend, but we will just have to wait. 

edit: @Ignaz yea it seems you may be right, either way i was just theorising is all :)

cousinletsgobowling
  • cousinletsgobowling

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Just wanted to congratulate everyone who managed to get the mapping spot on. Pretty remarkable how the actual map looked similar to the rough map. Only downside to it would be that I wished the desert would be a little larger.  And that they would have included a smaller city. But otherwise no complaints. Not long to wait now. Sept 17 is so close now!

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:36 PM Edited by nickstemoeilijk, 11 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

The $ signs on this businessproperties are on it, because you spend $ to make $$$. And the spots where are the properties shows places like a helipad a shop next to the beach and i´ll also pretty sure nobody wants to buy a house in the oilfields. BTW go and count again its 20 like the achievemet hold all 20 properties.

Don't you think "Hold up 20 stores" means "rob 20 (liquor & 24/7) stores"? I don't think it means "own 20 properties" ...

Also the achievement is called "stick-up" kid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stickup).

mutschu
  • mutschu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

ku-xlarge.gif

• Dwayne Phoenix, strakan7, Hbkares and 3 others like this

Dwayne Phoenix
  • Dwayne Phoenix

has managed to avoid drowning!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

snip

Still not big enough. Where's North Yankton?

OverTheTop
  • OverTheTop

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Maybe that icon is an area where hunting is legally permitted?  That wouldn't stop you from hunting elsewhere illegally. 

staticguy
  • staticguy

★ Watch out for ur stop!We go deep into the ghetto!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

ku-xlarge.gif

support...

ZuParadox
  • ZuParadox

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Maybe that icon is an area where hunting is legally permitted?  That wouldn't stop you from hunting elsewhere illegally. 

It does if there are no animals anywhere else, to hunt....

• Nikobellic303 likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users