• Wayne Kerr

Homie

• Members
  • Australia
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Calculated the (2D) size of the landmass area:

Excellent.  Thank you.  :cookie:

Add in the remaining scattered islands & I suppose we could round it up to 18 sq miles.

• hasselstrom likes this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Im from now staying only in this thread. People are posting stupid threads about the map everywhere.

lxr
  • lxr

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by lxr, 10 September 2013 - 01:08 PM.

So... I'd say the biggest surprise is the lack of surprises. Even the military base looks exactly like we had imagined it.

There's a river in the Rockford Hills, a long tunnel northwest of the Alamo Sea, a strange pier by the power station. But other than that... wow, we had pretty much figured it out.

Still, there's a lot of stuff that we know exists that is not marked on the map... so I'd say it's well worth to keep searching.

AtQMaHv.png

Edit: Uh, okay... make that strange pier the border between Los Santos and Blaine County ;)

Jonny04
  • Jonny04

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Long time reader, first time poster...and I apologise if this has already been speculated on, but I reckon the supposed properties to buy on the map, is more likely to be the businesses to purchase.... seeing as one is right in the middle of the oil fields....who would live there? Surely not even Trevor...
Anyway my thoughts are that this one map in the brady guide so potentially there's another one just pointing out things like house to buy... I'd also reckon there'd be houses to buy in the flashy vinewood hills (albeit michael starts in one) and one right on the alamo sea so we'd be able to take a boat out immediately from a pad and nail it out at full speed across the lake to the rivers and to the oceans!
Thoughts?

The number 20 is an important spot you've made, as that's an achievement I believe regarding purchasing 20 businesses, or 20 stores or something. People were supposedly disappointed by this, however its more than enough when you think of the scale of everything you can do in this game, let alone the maps size.

You may be right. Also check for a house in the marina, as one of them is listed in gameplay video. I'll research that soon.

Prywante
  • Prywante

:)

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Soy0Cm8.jpg

e9ysi229a6xt_t.jpg

Here i give better quality :p.

GTAV92
  • GTAV92

Gamemaster

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Looks like a quarry east of the prison?

a0lTJL8.jpg

It's hard to tell what that place is called, I don't think the word Quarry is their - But it dam looks like a Quarry

Let's just hope it is 

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:00 PM Edited by zombie elvis, 10 September 2013 - 01:02 PM.

^ Some of that quarry can be seen in the Jeep skydiving scene in Trailer 2.

So... I'd say the biggest surprise is the lack of surprises. Even the military base looks exactly like we had imagined it.

There's a river in the Rockford Hills, a long tunnel northwest of the Alamo Sea, a strange pier by the power station. But other than that... wow, we had pretty much figured it out.

Still, there's a lot of stuff that we know exists that is not marked on the map... so I'd say it's well worth to keep searching.

+That brown line in Grapeseed may be a little airstrip, but I don't know.

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

I see roughly

20 available safehouses. 

10 ammu-nations

14 clothes stores

3 cinemas

8 police stations

7 barbers

6 pay n spray/mechanics

How can you say that? There is some kind of legend or other stuff I didn't see yet, I guess. Someone can link it here?

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Seems like you can purchase the lighthouse in the northwest of the map :D

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hey, wasn't there at least 2 civilian airports in Blaine County? I ony see Fort Zancudo (Military base) and Sandy Shores Airport.

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

I just wanna say (tho i have been looking at this thread before my membership) major props to those here that have been working on the GTAForums map from the start, top work gentleman.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

99% accurate

davegrimes96
  • davegrimes96

One man army

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

I see roughly

20 available safehouses. 

10 ammu-nations

14 clothes stores

3 cinemas

8 police stations

7 barbers

6 pay n spray/mechanics

They aren't safehouses they are businesses.

Ignaz
  • Ignaz

Zipflklatscher

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

^ Some of that quarry can be seen in the Jeep skydiving scene in Trailer 2.

thx @ lxr now i found the dock for the achivement at the powerstation.

Maybe the thicker street on top of san cranak mountain range is a small strip to.

kion
  • kion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

i re-post my thoughts about it:

actually, it is big but not enough, i mean, basically we have 2 airports (third one is military stuff), they're quite close too, what's the point of having jets in there?

thus, 3 very small towns and two of them are basically one for how close they are.

again, the map is big but, at the moment without having tried it, it doesn't seem to be well organized.

last but not least, what's the point of having (probably) north yankton as a "teleport" place? wasn't it possible to have it inside the same map or a little outside as a smaller island?

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

I think I see 6 different places to play tennis O_o

Mason GTA
  • Mason GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

So, im pretty sure that the red line going from chilliad is a cable car ?

You are probably right. Cable car or chair lift

http://i.imgur.com/SdeQavb.png

SdeQavb.png

johntheguy
  • johntheguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

So, I wasn't aware that there would be a "Los Santos County".  Though, going off the map, it looks like there are no suburban or populated areas?  Seems strange when compared with the real LA/San Fernando Valley.

Jonny04
  • Jonny04

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:11 PM Edited by Jonny04, 10 September 2013 - 01:17 PM.

One thing I have noticed and may give hope for you guys wanting to buy a house in Chumash, ie Malibu is the icon we all think is for buying houses, or could it be properties?

Looking at the Airstip near Sandy Shores there appears to be no purple icon, which would indicate maybe these icons don't indicate property buying for houses or business.

We know for sure that we can purchase the
Spoiler
(apologies that's from memory, name may differ slightly) which is definitely located on that airfield. Why? Well its not gonna be on Fort Zancudo, there's no icons confirming that, and not at LSX, as there's also no obvious icons.

My theory: We don't truly know yet, and I find it hard to believe you wouldn't be able to buy a beach house in Malibu / Chumash, I also find it hard to work out what the icons are due to the fact we know we can buy that hangar.

EDIT: Someone also mentioned lookout points, and an icon for them being like a magnifying glass I think it looks like, its green anyway.

If that were true why do we not have one at the Griffith Observatory? Like all Brady Guides, and the GTA IV one, it had multiple pages with the same map over and over, only with different locations/pickups/ to help.

This will be no different, so there's still a lot to see for folk who are a little anxious. Also check out the Canyons just West of the Kortz Center (Getty), near the Great Ocean Highway (PCH). Should be pretty cool this game.

Thanks, any thoughts?

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

actually, it is big but not enough, i mean, basically we have 2 airports (third one is military stuff), they're quite close too, what's the point of having jets in there?

thus, 3 very small towns and two of them are basically one for how close they are.

again, the map is big but, at the moment without having tried it, it doesn't seem to be well organized.

last but not least, what's the point of having (probably) north yankton as a "teleport" place? wasn't it possible to have it inside the same map or a little outside as a smaller island?

Jets will fly around like in GTA 4. North Yankton is like an easter egg of Liberty City in GTA:SA

GTADKNUT
  • GTADKNUT

Stowaway

• Members

Awesome! We were soooo close it's incredible :D 

I still think we will see more airstrips than the 3. Those are the airports. Smaller strips will not be marked on a map like this.

Makes no sense to place all airports from the middle of the map and below, but none north. 

Also, I think the Bi plane screen and the newer screens from the green area around a smaller river is somewhere in the Tongva Valley area.

I see loads of places we have not seen in detail.

Also the vinyard area looks bigger than expected. 

Have we seen any screens from the Palomino Highlands area?

RadioActiveLobster
  • RadioActiveLobster

PC Master Race

• Members
  • United-States

That means your opinions means nothing.

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

17.4  sq miles of land. Thats just over 4 by 4 miles !...hardly bigger than SA. Just an opinion.

lxr
  • lxr

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by lxr, 10 September 2013 - 01:19 PM.

Uh, that's true. The shot below isn't really conclusive, but... it might be just long enough for a crop duster.

kmhNqqX.png

dAJzo4j.png

Wayne Kerr
  • Wayne Kerr

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

e9ysi229a6xt_t.jpg

Here i give better quality :p.

Cheers mate.  :^:

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

NORTH YANKTON ?

kion
  • kion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

That means your opinions means nothing.

that was just a sign of honesty in my sentence, guess why?

easy, because that means the opinion of EACH ONE OF US means nothing, so? should everyone quit the forum?

for what i see NOW, these are my opinions, will i change them? could be.

Siddo_10
  • Siddo_10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Alot of info seems to be missing off the leaked map!!

kion
  • kion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Jets will fly around like in GTA 4. North Yankton is like an easter egg of Liberty City in GTA:SA

sure, but in gta IV they said map was too small for adding planes, here we have a pretty big map, why put airports so close?

falcomilvus
  • falcomilvus

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Is this a skydiving airstrip in grapeseed..

grapestrip.jpg

Note to the north east what seems to be some kind of prachuting/paragliding/skydiving icon? Or not.. just a guess.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users