Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,172 replies to this topic
tdavies457
  • tdavies457

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (vwnut13 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:08)
If North Yankton wasn't in Los Santos/Blaine County, why would their be a postcard of North Yankton in a collage of Los Santos/Blaine County postcards on what is essentially a Los Santos/Blaine County travel site?

Exactly, it's all very strange, we'll just have to wait 16 days and 4 hours to find out I guess notify.gif

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 15:22)
QUOTE (gwaha @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 15:20)
QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 17:10)
Yo have ADHD? I have been using evidence. You're just to stubborn to look at it.

It's obvious North Yankton isn't in Blaine County, how is that so hard to understand? whatsthat.gif

Again, this is a Mapping Thread.

You don't understand people do you? It is again the words you hate: "reading comprehension". You don't seem to comprehend what people tell you.

You haven't shown any evidence. Evidence are screenshots, photos, screencaptures or the trailer and you have shown none of that. You have a name, a postcard which shows a completely unidentifiable road and a vague idea of North Yankton being somewhere in Canada. How is that evidence for the mapping thread? You can't map a name.

But people are going for the conclusion that it doesn't even exist anymore. suicidal.gif Just because it was mentioned to be in Canada.

what i mean is san andreas was very big imo and if you look at that picture it looks small. You imagine how big gta v is. And that's what he meant also.

user posted image
user posted image
See the difference?

Yes there is a huge difference, however, that fan made map is not even 70% correct yet, i assume if Rockstar ever releases full blue print or detailed map we could compare them. Also, LS Bank is closer than the one shows on fan made map. Use screenshots to make it up right.

GTAfan4life12
  • GTAfan4life12

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by GTAfan4life12, 31 August 2013 - 07:29 PM.

QUOTE (gwaha @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 16:44)
@_Kindled_

The screencapture you had to show again about "evidence" of another island is bogus. I have already told you and the person who posted that before that in the next frame of the exact same scene it no longer shows anything out there. If there was actually an island in that direction it would show up in the next frame as well but the pixels in the background don't look the same. It is rather silly to try to see something in one frame of the gameplay trailer when another frame doesn't show something. Not to mention it is all kinds of stupid to try to see something in a hazy background.

The other screenshot of the plane doesn't seem to show anything either. Again a really low resolution and someone decided there is something to see.

@Choco Taco

Great map. That is all the map of North Yankton that we have currently.  sly.gif

More proof in the existence of North Yankton then proving it does not exist. Stop living in your fantasy world where the earth is flat. It time for exploration and to reach for the sky or North Yankton in this case.

Ignaz
  • Ignaz

Zipflklatscher

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hey Mod´s can you just install a anti kindled func in this thread? I mean something like a button with hide comments/posts by Kindled?

Please this will be the same like i get GTAV tomorrow.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Ignaz @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:25)
Hey Mod´s can you just install a anti kindled func in this thread? I mean something like a button with hide comments/posts by Kindled?

Please this will be the same like i get GTAV tomorrow.

It already ended hours ago, dammit. Use your head. dozingoff.gif
  • Smaher. likes this

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

THANK YOU
I was hoping for a full San Andreas birds eye view type picture for ages

Look how small it now looks.
GTA V will completely dwarf it!!!

Perspective is a powerful thing

gwaha
  • gwaha

Homie

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan4life12 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 21:21)
More proof in the existence of North Yankton then proving it does not exist. Stop living in your fantasy world where the earth is flat. It time for exploration and to reach for the sky or North Yankton in this case.

Does nobody on this forum know how to read? There is no VISUAL evidence of North Yankton to actually map it. Nobody, including me have ever stated that North Yankton doesn't exist.

The location of North Yankton being in Canada was completely fabricated by zombie elvis first as far as I recall and then Negan ran with it as a joke. Now the people who can't stop jabbering on about believe it is completely true.

And seriously, Kindled and others how did Rockstar tease us with North Yankton? That postcard isn't even visible without checking the background image. For something to be a tease it first needs to be actually visible if you simply visit the site and it just isn't that visible at all.

Also, this thread is about mapping what can actually be seen and not about mapping a name. People who can't stop talking about North Yankton should just talk about it elsewhere and let the mappers map what can be mapped.

cradical
  • cradical

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (gwaha @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:42)

Does nobody on this forum know how to read? There is no VISUAL evidence of North Yankton to actually map it. Nobody, including me have ever stated that North Yankton doesn't exist.

The location of North Yankton being in Canada was completely fabricated by zombie elvis first as far as I recall and then Negan ran with it as a joke. Now the people who can't stop jabbering on about believe it is completely true.

And seriously, Kindled and others how did Rockstar tease us with North Yankton? That postcard isn't even visible without checking the background image. For something to be a tease it first needs to be actually visible if you simply visit the site and it just isn't that visible at all.

Also, this thread is about mapping what can actually be seen and not about mapping a name. People who can't stop talking about North Yankton should just talk about it elsewhere and let the mappers map what can be mapped.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (tdavies457 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 18:56)
QUOTE (The Dark Passenger @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 17:58)
I've tried getting my theory about North Yankton across once, I'll try again.

I think we'll see it first-thing when we start a new game of GTA V, NOT as a mission but as a cut-scene, showing Michael's last big job before retirement - which would have been "over a decade ago" I suspect. It will be the opening, introductory cut-scene I think. Not, I repeat, not a mission and therefore, probably not an accessible portion of the map either. One last time..North Yankton, Canada, will possibly be the setting for the unplayable opening cut-scene showing Michael's last job before retirement.

Phew. I think I got my message across this time!

Just a cut-scene? sad.gif I'd be very disappointed if that were the case, and pretty misleading of R* to showcase NY as a location in the game on that postcard montage. Surely it's going to be some mission-specific location like Liberty City in SA..?

Even the one-off mission specific location is frustrating, in an open world game, in my opinion.

I was really frustrated in GTA SA that we got to go back to Liberty City and then could not leave that cafe. mad.gif

GTAfan4life12
  • GTAfan4life12

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

We have plenty of Visual evidence of the existence, such as random screenshot, the tourism advertisement and here is a map
user posted image

I thought this was a thread about mapping the unknown and this is the last unknown. Have faith and let us push forward into the unknown.

For North Yankton!!!!!!

user posted image

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:58)
QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 17:30)
QUOTE (omawnakw @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:26)
Uhm, leave that North Yankton thingie alone. There was some guess from zombie elvis if I can remember, or maybe someone else and then it spread like it's the fact all over the forums.
Whether this 'Ten' building has been identified or not?
http://img5.imagesha...5/4646/aqtm.png
And that arch under the triangular roof canopy - could that be another Railyard entrance, like the one seen in 2nd trailer.
Was the real-life counterpart of that arch found or not?

The Ten building is the Million Dollar Theater (brown on my map).
I looked around for that archway thing but without sucess.

I though the same, but then I looked at this old screen (below one), remember the old discussion and guess maybe not? I had to look at this one first (above one).

user posted image

Edit
I've posted this in the Business thread already: so that could be Ten Million Dollar theater, or Ten Dollar theater (would be fun) in the game.

Hmmm, I don't know what to think now that MrThingus has found the 2nd street jazz building.
Cladding is identical to 2nd st jazz on the older screens but on the newer ones, it is clearly the Million Dollar theater.
So I'm confused.
And I'm sure they are the same building cause the other one never appears in the screens.
So either they changed its look in the later stages of development or it's a draw distance issue.
A mysterious one that is.

And about the Rosslyn Hotel, personally I think you're right omawnakw.
I don't see another building in LA with sucha huge sign.
We just need a closer look at the facade to be sure.

Now good night gentlemen.
  • gwaha likes this

ComradVladimir
  • ComradVladimir

Partying hard Kremlin style

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:48 PM Edited by ComradVladimir, 31 August 2013 - 10:35 PM.

@kindled and all the others hoping that R* is keeping something secret, whether it is a decent sized island or more major cities:

R* is sincerely one of the companies with the greatest track record I know of. But that's simply what they are, a company. Any extra content like a major new landmass or extra major cities would be an excellent marketing point, especcialy after the outcry when R* confirmed it would only be Los Santos this time around. Also, according to Magic_Al's estimates, the current fanmade maps are in fact the predicted 3.5x RDR with room to spare or IV, SA and RDR combined. This means there really is no room for another major island. Also, can we please bring back the principle where we mapped based on screens and sufficient evidence, not because of texture blobs and the likes? Y'know, that would be great...

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (ComradVladimir @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 21:48)
@kindled and all the others hoping that R* is keeping something secret, whether it is a decent sized island or more cities:

R* is sincerely one of the companies with the greatest track record I know of. But that's simply what they are, a company. Any extra content like a major new landmass or extra cities would be an excellent marketing point, especcialy after the outcry when R* confirmed it would only be Los Santos this time around. Also, according to Magic_Al's estimates, the current fanmade maps are in fact the predicted 3.5x RDR with room to spare or IV, SA and RDR combined. This means there really is no room for another major island. Also, can we please bring back the principle where we mapped based on screens and sufficient evidence, not because of texture blobs and the likes? Y'know, that would be great...

NA, there one huge city only Los Santos and number of towns and villages

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan4life12 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 21:29)

We have plenty of Visual evidence of the existence, such as random screenshot, the tourism advertisement and here is a map
user posted image

I thought this was a thread about mapping the unknown and this is the last unknown. Have faith and let us push forward into the unknown.

For North Yankton!!!!!!

user posted image

That is Red Dead Redemption map....

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

http://media.gtanet....e/V-78-1280.jpg

I know its old screen, but does anyone know location?

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Powner811 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 22:37)
http://media.gtanet....e/V-78-1280.jpg

I know its old screen, but does anyone know location?

Middle of the map - looking east I think.

Just south of Alamo sea - in the desert.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (ComradVladimir @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 15:48)
Also, according to Magic_Al's estimates, the current fanmade maps are in fact the predicted 3.5x RDR with room to spare or IV, SA and RDR combined. This means there really is no room for another major island.

Using the 3.5 x RDR statement, the map should be around 20 square miles. An error of only 5% would leave 1 square mile unaccounted for. The orange box below is 1 square mile.

user posted image

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Yodeling Hip Hop lmao...

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (JonRenemy @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:39)
Perspective is a powerful thing

This.

Rockstar got it in SA and nailed in RDR. They'll do a fantastic job with V I'm sure.

ComradVladimir
  • ComradVladimir

Partying hard Kremlin style

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 01:00)
QUOTE (ComradVladimir @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 15:48)
Also, according to Magic_Al's estimates, the current fanmade maps are in fact the predicted 3.5x RDR with room to spare or IV, SA and RDR combined. This means there really is no room for another major island.

Using the 3.5 x RDR statement, the map should be around 20 square miles. An error of only 5% would leave 1 square mile unaccounted for. The orange box below is 1 square mile.

user posted image

Updated size estimate. The higher resolution improved alignment to the blueprint (which is in scale to the other maps) and, yes, it got a little bigger: 20.6 square miles (landmass outline) up from 20.0 in previous estimate.
So if I may believe Magic_Al, with the hi-res outline the map size would be 20.6 sq. miles with a margin of error of 5% (although I couldn't find a recent source for him saying this), which equates to 1.03 sq. miles. The accessible area of RDR is 5.75 sq. miles, which times 3.5 is 20.125 sq. miles. This means that in case of the margin of error is 2.3% or over to the smaller side we would need some extra landmass. This, however, does not justify the rumors of extra major cities or decent sized islands, because this is pretty insignificant when we're talking about a main landmass of around 20 sq. miles. Add a couple of small islands and you've got yourself 3.5x RDR with room to spare.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

Seeing San Andreas like that gives a wonderful sense of scale. The picture makes San Andreas look very small, but to anyone who has played it, they know its actually massive, and knowing that GTA 5 is around 1.5x the size, its going to be great.

Anyway, stop talking about North Yankton until we get more evidence of it. We have the one picture. We don't know the location or have the slightest idea of where it is. Drop it for now.

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (tdavies457 @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 05:26)
I've tried getting my theory about North Yankton across once, I'll try again.

I think we'll see it first-thing when we start a new game of GTA V, NOT as a mission but as a cut-scene, showing Michael's last big job before retirement - which would have been "over a decade ago" I suspect. It will be the opening, introductory cut-scene I think. Not, I repeat, not a mission and therefore, probably not an accessible portion of the map either. One last time..North Yankton, Canada, will possibly be the setting for the unplayable opening cut-scene showing Michael's last job before retirement.

Phew. I think I got my message across this time!

Just a cut-scene? sad.gif I'd be very disappointed if that were the case, and pretty misleading of R* to showcase NY as a location in the game on that postcard montage. Surely it's going to be some mission-specific location like Liberty City in SA..?

Just remember the opening cut-scene of GTA III. That was an unplayable location.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

I've said this a few times now but is it not possible that North Yankton is some tiny hamlet atop a mountain?

boinaguaxy
  • boinaguaxy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Can someone explain me how did you guys figured out that Alamo Sea its actually there? Ive been looking through all the screenshots and found nothing that proves the existence of Alamo Sea.

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (boinaguaxy @ Sunday, Sep 1 2013, 00:02)
Can someone explain me how did you guys figured out that Alamo Sea its actually there? Ive been looking through all the screenshots and found nothing that proves the existence of Alamo Sea.

Alamo Sea:
user posted image

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (rader1 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 05:26)
North Yanktown IS in the game, but where it is located i'm not sure. My hunch is that it is located outside the map and only available through a plane ride or something similar in nature. I'm not sure it's even available in free roam but I feel like R* wouldn't make and release postcards about it wasn't, not only that but the time required to develop all the geography, buildings, peds and vehicles to populate it would be basically wasted.

Exactly. Why the hell is it in the "Los Santos and Blaine County" postcards? Every postcard in that background is in the game. Why would they make one postcard not in the game. R* wanted to put snow in GTA IV but didn't have enough time. Lastly, no one has seen the map nor the game yet. I don't understand why people say it isn't in the game because they haven't even played it. Even if it isn't and it is just a cutscene, I still hope snow will be in GTAV.

panthermodels
  • panthermodels

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

Seriously?

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (Josh410 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:08)
QUOTE (rader1 @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 05:26)
North Yanktown IS in the game, but where it is located i'm not sure. My hunch is that it is located outside the map and only available through a plane ride or something similar in nature. I'm not sure it's even available in free roam but I feel like R* wouldn't make and release postcards about it wasn't, not only that but the time required to develop all the geography, buildings, peds and vehicles to populate it would be basically wasted.

Exactly. Why the hell is it in the "Los Santos and Blaine County" postcards? Every postcard in that background is in the game. Why would they make one postcard not in the game. R* wanted to put snow in GTA IV but didn't have enough time. Lastly, no one has seen the map nor the game yet. I don't understand why people say it isn't in the game because they haven't even played it. Even if it isn't and it is just a cutscene, I still hope snow will be in GTAV.

Why do people such as yourself always say we haven't seen the map? The outline and the fanmade maps were 99% the same general shape. We pretty much know where every single thing is (excluding the possibilities of islands) so we already know its either hidden extremely well (which I doubt since we have seen almost all areas from many angles) or its not a part of the main landmass.

Basilica
  • Basilica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by Basilica, 01 September 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Alamo Sea:
http://www.rockstarg...ot/820-1280.jpg

And there are dozens more:

http://www.rockstarg...ot/858-1280.jpg

http://www.rockstarg...ot/745-1280.jpg

http://www.rockstarg...ot/301-1280.jpg

http://www.rockstarg...ot/321-1280.jpg

AzEdit: Please re-size large images before posting, or post them as links. smile.gif

Edit: Sowwy!

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

That theory is kind of stupid. Do you really think Rockstar would tease us about a place named North Yankton where it snows, then just turn it around and make it an unplayable cutscene location. That would be the dumbest move. Why would they even bother teasing North Yankton with snow on the website then? You gotta' think. Rockstar would get some hate if they did that.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users