|QUOTE (Wayne Kerr @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 03:26)|
|QUOTE (GTA_REEFER @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 03:15)|
| Can anyone take the 184.5 meters from the creator tools shown in the online gameplay and compare the radar with a radar from los santos gameplay so we can get an idea how many mile wide los santos is? |
If you go to page 961, a discussion starts around there.
Scan through the next few pages after that. I'm not sure if we came to a conclusion or not.
There were a few questions about what the correct distances are etc.
Edit. zombie elvis, lxr & TheTruthOnly are probably the best guys to answer.
The reason I stopped bothering was that these distances can have so many different meanings (some of which are obviously wrong):
- Sum of the distances of straight lines between the dots
- Sum of the distances, starting at the flag, ignoring the white dot
- Same as above, but including the distance from the last to the first point
- Like above, but with the white dot as start and the flag as finish
- Like above, but following a somewhat curved path for the last segment (*)
- Any of the above, but on a slightly tilted radar map
(*) Putting waypoints on a highway will give you the actual driving distance, not a straight line; and even off-road, the game will have preferred routes for vehicles (to simulate traffic) that are not necessarily straight.
Long story short, I think that measuring an object in the satellite/transition animation
is more promising.
But zombie elvis may have more clues about the above.