Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,189 replies to this topic
SirJohnnyStark
  • SirJohnnyStark

Apt.31, Eclipse Towers, South Mo Milton Drive, West Vinewood, LS

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 20:21)
QUOTE (J-B @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:18)
QUOTE (kesta195 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 12:16)

So what you are effectively doing is going by the last line of that description, and ignoring the rest.

He's effectively being a trolling c*nt, nothing more.

You're an idiot. You guys aren't making this thread any better.

so why dont you be more mature, and stop, if we are the idiots?? suicidal.gif

ist not acceptable how you offend People in here... btw: kindled and digital31 reported!! hope they ban you for lifetime!

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Faran95 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:18)
QUOTE (digital31 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 17:29)

Thats your opinion.

Okaaaaaaaaayyyy we get it dude.

That's our opinion. Your opinion is that San Diego could be in the game.

OK. We get it. We understood. That's your opinion, this is theirs. Same thing you said.

10-4, roger, whatever. We get your point. Just stop repeating yourself.

You keep speculating what you want and so will everyone else. Stop jamming your opinion down on everyone.

Goood work BTW everyone. Been viewing this thread since around page 200 or so.

Just responding dude, just responding, sounds more like every one else is jamming the opinion down that its not there. Just expressing my opinion. Got a problem with it, don't read it .

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Are you guys seriously having the same argument? I left for over 12 hours and I skipped 5 pages and its the exact same crap. Take it to PM before you guys get banned.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Trevor_Phillips @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:28)
QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 20:21)

So what you are effectively doing is going by the last line of that description, and ignoring the rest.

You're an idiot. You guys aren't making this thread any better.

so why dont you be more mature, and stop, if we are the idiots?? suicidal.gif

ist not acceptable how you offend People in here... btw: kindled and digital31 reported!! hope they ban you for lifetime!

How was I offending anyone? He called me a troll. confused.gif

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:33)
Are you guys seriously having the same argument? I left for over 12 hours and I skipped 5 pages and its the exact same crap. Take it to PM before you guys get banned.

No argument here, I stated an opinion, and everybody wants to argue with me about it. People aren't going to hush others here with different opinions. If you don't agree with what I said.. no problem. I haven't responded negatively to anyone that has simply said... I don't agree with that, theres not enough evidence to support it. I only respond to those who want to hush others with different opinions up by spewing negative rhetoric about how someone is foolish or stupid for thinking differently

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (_Kindled_ @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 13:21)

You're very ignorant. You guys aren't making this thread any better.

Love to lurk but sometimes you gotta stand... sarcasm.gif

The last 10 pages have been awful to read, not that it was hard because the only vocabulary present was c*nt, f*ck off, troll, mad, sensitive.... Repeating over and over again... barf8bd.gif

This is truly sad to see such a wonderful thread bashed by annoying people who thinks they are actually doing something useful for this cause when, in fact, all they do is crying and bitching....

J'espère pour toi, Fido... and I also hope for all the other mappers (sorry can't think of other names than Fido) that I carefully followed throughout this crazy journey, that this thread will come back to its real purpose: MAPPING (and a little bit of fun tounge2.gif )

Thank you again for your work and, for those concerned, there is PM for bitching... icon14.gif

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

That's enough arguing. Take it to PM or everyone involved will get a 24 hour temp ban to cool off. This is a great topic about mapping out real life locations in Los Santos. Don't ruin it.

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:47)
That's enough arguing. Take it to PM or everyone involved will get a 24 hour temp ban to cool off. This is a great topic about mapping out real life locations in Los Santos. Don't ruin it.

I agree with the MOD, theres no use to argue about opinions, they are just opinions. Take them and move on

PaxPsychosis
  • PaxPsychosis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (digital31 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:44)
Are you guys seriously having the same argument?  I left for over 12 hours and I skipped 5 pages and its the exact same crap.  Take it to PM before you guys get banned.

No argument here, I stated an opinion, and everybody wants to argue with me about it. People aren't going to hush others here with different opinions. If you don't agree with what I said.. no problem. I haven't responded negatively to anyone that has simply said... I don't agree with that, theres not enough evidence to support it. I only respond to those who want to hush others with different opinions up by spewing negative rhetoric about how someone is foolish or stupid for thinking differently

I've been lurking on this thread for months... found it really interesting up until today when you people derailed it. suicidal.gif You keep saying the same thing over and over and over, and now you're wondering why everyone's getting annoyed, so you're now posting the same rebuttal over and over and over.

There's a difference between evidence for something existing, and stating something exists. Likewise for evidence of something not existing, and stating it does not exist. This thread is for mapping based on evidence... not on speculation, ideas, probability, or suggestion (even in official screenshots). San Diego may or may not be in the game... there's currently no concrete evidence, so it can't be mapped, so it shouldn't be discussed here. There's nothing to discuss.

With that said, hats off to all the mappers... it's been fascinating (mostly tounge.gif ).

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (PaxPsychosis @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:51)
QUOTE (digital31 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:44)
Are you guys seriously having the same argument?  I left for over 12 hours and I skipped 5 pages and its the exact same crap.  Take it to PM before you guys get banned.

I've been lurking on this thread for months... found it really interesting up until today when you people derailed it. suicidal.gif You keep saying the same thing over and over and over, and now you're wondering why everyone's getting annoyed, so you're now posting the same rebuttal over and over and over.

There's a difference between evidence for something existing, and stating something exists. Likewise for evidence of something not existing, and stating it does not exist. This thread is for mapping based on evidence... not on speculation, ideas, probability, or suggestion (even in official screenshots). San Diego may or may not be in the game... there's currently no concrete evidence, so it can't be mapped, so it shouldn't be discussed here. There's nothing to discuss.

With that said, hats off to all the mappers... it's been fascinating (mostly tounge.gif ).

I believe that it is a valid topic for the thread, but like Kirsty said, theres no reason to argue. PM me instead if you want to have an intelligent conversation about why I believe San Diego is there. Thanks for your viewpoint.

PaxPsychosis
  • PaxPsychosis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (digital31 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 18:55)
PM me instead if you want to have an intelligent conversation about why I believe San Diego is there.  Thanks for your viewpoint.

Aggh, the point is I don't!! None of us do!! Unbelievable!! suicidal.gif Anyway, I've just seen that mod post so I won't mention this anymore.

On topic, I believe there is a cloud on the horizon of this shot, making it seem like there is a land mass:

user posted image

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (PaxPsychosis @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:03)
PM me instead if you want to have an intelligent conversation about why I believe San Diego is there.  Thanks for your viewpoint.

Aggh, the point is I don't!! None of us do!! Unbelievable!! suicidal.gif Anyway, I've just seen that mod post so I won't mention this anymore.

On topic, I believe there is a cloud on the horizon of this shot, making it seem like there is a land mass:

user posted image

That "cloud" is too close to the ground. And why would it need to be cut and blurred partially?

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

I don't think its a cloud. I believe the map extends a little bit more south-east of the windfarms, and that's possibly what we see. I may be wrong, though.

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

user posted image

Its think its definitely more land mass, probably an extension of the Los Santos city or suburbs

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (digital31 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:06)

user posted image

Its think its definitely more land mass, probably an extension of the Los Santos city or suburbs

I think we've seen mainly all of Los Santos now.

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Los Santos is far more spread out. I think we've seen the main part of Los Santos, the land behind the mountains will probably be suburbs or surrounding urban area, like Riverside or something

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (digital31 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:09)
Los Santos is far more spread out. I think we've seen the main part of Los Santos, the land behind the mountains will probably be suburbs or surrounding urban area, like Riverside or something

There is no land behind the mountains, just ocean, look at the blueprint map.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

This a somewhat educated post.
user posted image
It doesn't blend in with the clouds.

user posted image
The scale and the directions of land is pretty legit to me. ph34r.gif

TheFallGuy
  • TheFallGuy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

I think R* are keeping something back from us that is huge, and I mean really HUGE.

Anyway, heres something I found. I'm not sure this place has been positioned on the map yet, but I think the plane picture was taken 500 to 1000 feet to the left of the quad picture.

user posted image-------------------------------------------------user posted image
user posted image

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (TheFallGuy @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:15)
I think R* are keeping something back from us that is huge, and I mean really HUGE.

Anyway, heres something I found. I'm not sure this place has been positioned on the map yet, but I think the plane picture was taken 500 to 1000 feet to the left of the quad picture.

user posted image-------------------------------------------------user posted image
user posted image

Makes sense. icon14.gif

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:14)
Los Santos is far more spread out.  I think we've seen the main part of Los Santos,  the land behind the mountains will probably be suburbs or surrounding urban area, like Riverside or something

Yeah, i think the side of the blueprint map that we saw is an up close pov of the los santos city. I think theres actually more land behind mountains. I can understand where youre coming from though. We'll have to wait and see.

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (digital31 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:18)
Los Santos is far more spread out.  I think we've seen the main part of Los Santos,  the land behind the mountains will probably be suburbs or surrounding urban area, like Riverside or something

Yeah, i think the side of the blueprint map that we saw is an up close pov of the los santos city. I think theres actually more land behind mountains. I can understand where youre coming from though. We'll have to wait and see.

The blueprint map didn't even show all the roads of Los Santos. It was as if Rockstar just drew it.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

I admit that the blueprint map is hard to read and there is some confusion about the highway that leads south out of the city, but there are quite a few screenshots and screencaps of the same area looking south over the city and this new one is the only one that shows anything that looks like landmass on the horizon. If there was another city, I would place it in the east part of the map, the area were we know to be a lot of unmapped landmass.

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:21)

I admit that the blueprint map is hard to read and there is some confusion about the highway that leads south out of the city, but there are quite a few screenshots and screencaps of the same area looking south over the city and this new one is the only one that shows anything that looks like landmass on the horizon. If there was another city, I would place it in the east part of the map, the area were we know to be a lot of unmapped landmass.

I don't think its another city per se , I think more of like an extenston of the urban area, just in lower population density. Yeah I think Rockstar is doing an awesome job of keeping its map under wraps. I think they are purposely selecting screen shots in which they blur out the horizon. Sneaky little devils

Nun0567
  • Nun0567

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yeah I also think they are hiding something big but not a city. Their biggest game world yet and they would just show us everything before release? And what hapenned to the map being 8/9x the size of LS

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

And just going back to the multiple cities and san diego thing for a quick second... Someone tell me if I'm wrong... but isn't from LA to San Diego on the coast... Isn't that almost like one big wide urban area... I mean can you really tell where the urban area of LA ends and where the urban area of San Diego begins if traveling on Interstate 5? .... Because thats what rockstar could also mean by focusing on one city and doing it right. Just a thought. Because I live here in Miami, and I know when traveling on I95 , Once you get to West Palm Beach...its urban area for 70 miles, all the way to Miami..... Someone who lives in LA or SD, verify that for me please.

PaxPsychosis
  • PaxPsychosis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (digital31 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:26)

I don't think its another city per se , I think more of like an extenston of the urban area, just in lower population density. Yeah I think Rockstar is doing an awesome job of keeping its map under wraps. I think they are purposely selecting screen shots in which they blur out the horizon. Sneaky little devils

I have to agree, it does look a little like it's been purposely blurred. Maybe it's an odd looking cloud in the distance, or maybe it's a vapour trail from the plane. It could be that r* have blurred out something though, but that something would have to be an island or a ship. Following the horizon from right to left leads to the top of that supposed "land mass", so I'm convinced it's not a land mass... the horizon doesn't make sense if it is.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (digital31 @ Wednesday, Jul 31 2013, 19:26)

Well, now that you mention it, some played around with the display settings on this screenshot and there was obvious blur on the horizon to the south west. Some people thought this could be Santa Catalina island. Who knows.

SirJohnnyStark
  • SirJohnnyStark

Apt.31, Eclipse Towers, South Mo Milton Drive, West Vinewood, LS

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

well the first time somebody pointed out about that landmass on that screen,
I checked it for myself, and it just looked, as somebody drew after screen capturing, a blurred line with photoshop along the horizon, but left out the left piece lol...
but fact is, that R* is hiding something on the east...

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

I really believe Santa Catalina (sorry if i spelled it wrong) Island is on the game. But there have been no screenshots to support that really. I just don't believe Rockstar will leave that out, unless they deem it "no very fun to play in" like they did with Staten Island in GTA IV lol

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users