Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,030 replies to this topic
Jonny04
  • Jonny04

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (GourangaMaster @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 02:32)
QUOTE (johnnyftlent @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 02:26)
http://img560.images...0/4250/nhgq.png

THis other city is directly on the other side of the mountain that is near the alamo sea. Im a bit disappointed if this is the northern most part of the map it proves it is really not that big. Hence why rockstar keeps showing the same locations over and over. Because there are not many locations left to show. I am not a complainer i am going to play the Sh*t out of this game. Just wish there was a bit more. I want another airport. Not a landing strip. AN airport. to land my planes. ANd now i am so doubtful there will be one. THis disappoints me.

Yeah i kind of regret following this mapping thread so closely because the tremendous work done here has really given a clear idea of the map now. I feel i know a good 70% of the map composition already and that dissapoints me a bit because i really thought R* would keep a lot more hidden this time. They may have tried to do that with clever shots of the same area from different perspectives but i guess they underestimated the skills of the mappers in this thread. im still super hyped to played it just as you are but definetly much of the mystery of the map is virtually gone for me now.

However well they've mapped it, you still are gonna be blown away by this game I'd reckon. Not attacking you btw, just saying, as its hard sometimes on forums to tell if someone is trying to insult or not.

Yeah my point being though is seeing how much stuff is actually down there at street level, how many roads there are, as the blueprint map etc doesn't do the city justice thankfully.

I still think we'll have a big town size of Bohan somewhere in the Northwest and a good view other maps, we still have the extreme East to find out.

I personally just wanna see another gameplay video, showing multiplayer and more of the areas we've seen, let us keep guessing about the Northwest and the East etc.

Anyway great topic as usual, not too much to confirm really from the gameplay apart from the new industrial town up North.

Jonny04
  • Jonny04

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Sept17th2013 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 03:19)
I want to believe that still 30+ % of the map hasn't been shown. Look at that. LS is maybe as big as Broker, and the map in total accounts for probably less than San Andreas. Where's the IV + RDR part? Interiors and underwater that account for IV + RDR size? whatsthat.gif dontgetit.gif

WHAT?

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by zombie elvis, 12 July 2013 - 07:54 PM.

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 18:58)
Hi everyone.  Here is version two of my map.  I am so impressed with the work of everyone else, and my map isn't as specific as others, but it does have a different perspective on where I think things are.  So i hope you enjoy my latest map.  My old version (yikes it's old) is here

The map is still a work in progress and I didn't add "Fake" towns I think will be there.  So the map is pretty basic right now.  Certainly the game will have more places to see.  I focused on major roads and towns, and roughly did landscapes.  I think the desert area of Blaine County will extend further southeast, but that would also bloat the map, which I didn't do.  I tried to limit the creative process in this map.  Feel free to give feedback, I would appreciate it.  I plan to add a legend and more landmarks later.

As always, to view the new map larger, click here.

http://imageshack.us...7/8738/khu9.png

Looks nice, I think using that shape from the Poleto board is definitely the way to go.

Your route 68 is wrong though, it definitely runs south of the airport parallel to the one you marked. (Route 68 sign can be seen when it shifts to Trevor)

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (NoxiousWR @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 17:13)
QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 07:31)
edit: updated,  Click for full size.
user posted image

Based closely on the shape spotted top left of the poleto mission map.  I think the resemblance to a head is deliberate but we'll see.

This looks just about right smile.gif Maybe the top half you've done might be a tad bit bigger (like less than a cm wider/higher) but yeh looks really good

I'm happy with this as the map - can't wait till September! biggrin.gif

This looks great - The New town to the north fits well at that angle. I still think that the map may have something to the east - another
small town. 2x freeways head off that way so they should lead somewhere - Fingers crossed. I think the west freeway is designed to get to Poleto.
The train tracks should run from the docks - up the centre of the map - round the west of Alimo and out to Poleto's west side.
Then not to shore if they will carry on in a loop around the map (we have seen trains going in both directions on a single track - but also 2x tracks in and out of the city).

Lets hope we get a few more areas in the Multi Payer Video that help a bit more.

GREAT WORK cookie.gif

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

I actually thinks that the interior and underwater counts on the ''big than sa, iv and rdr'' talk

Stakoman
  • Stakoman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Emmi @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 15:16)
QUOTE (Stakoman @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 15:12)
So I was watching all the screencaptures once again (I just can't stop haha) but then I realized that in this part of the map I saw something:

I really don't know why and how i got there but I made this
what do you guys think?

Excellent work there, that's about 100% accurate! icon14.gif

QUOTE (normal42 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 15:41)
Excellent find Stakoman. Agree 100%

Thanks guys but the first image helped me a lot so props to user: dumbassbuffet for that awesome panorama colgate.gif

user posted image

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 15:22)
That seems to be one of the bigger unidentified buildings, to the right of the two little green ones.
http://farm9.staticf...2cd434703_o.jpg

Anyone else thinks the same dontgetit.gif anyone ? biggrin.gif

I just found another thing

user posted image

user posted image

What do you think?

mawerick_mc
  • mawerick_mc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 19:35)
Congrats guys, the topic is now PINNED!

yay!
it was a shame not to have pinned the biggest thread around this forum

doubled
  • doubled

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

WE STICKY THREAD NAO

about time

jonstunt
  • jonstunt

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

At last! It's pinned!!

Good thread all contributors biggrin.gif

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Bout time this got pinned
Sorry i have nothing to contribute right now

BennyBlunts4
  • BennyBlunts4

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

WOW! They finally pinned this topic. About 2 years too late...

BennyBlunts4
  • BennyBlunts4

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 20:02)
I actually thinks that the interior and underwater counts on the ''big than sa, iv and rdr'' talk

It is.

BennyBlunts4
  • BennyBlunts4

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Huehue @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 18:11)
user posted image
time: 00:18 video: gameplay

WOW!

How has this not been spotted yet?

iTz i Makez HD
  • iTz i Makez HD

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (BennyBlunts4 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 23:09)
QUOTE (Huehue @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 18:11)
user posted image
time: 00:18 video: gameplay

WOW!

How has this not been spotted yet?

dafuq is it?

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 19:51)
QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 18:58)
Hi everyone.  Here is version two of my map.  I am so impressed with the work of everyone else, and my map isn't as specific as others, but it does have a different perspective on where I think things are.  So i hope you enjoy my latest map.  My old version (yikes it's old) is here

The map is still a work in progress and I didn't add "Fake" towns I think will be there.  So the map is pretty basic right now.  Certainly the game will have more places to see.  I focused on major roads and towns, and roughly did landscapes.  I think the desert area of Blaine County will extend further southeast, but that would also bloat the map, which I didn't do.  I tried to limit the creative process in this map.  Feel free to give feedback, I would appreciate it.  I plan to add a legend and more landmarks later.

As always, to view the new map larger, click here.

user posted image

Looks nice, I think using that shape from the Poleto board is definitely the way to go.

Your route 68 is wrong though, it definitely runs south of the airport parallel to the one you marked. (Route 68 sign can be seen when it shifts to Trevor)

Thank you! You're map is really good and probably my favorite up to this point Zombie Elvis. I really like how you have Paleto placed. The reason I didn't place Paleto exactly north, is because I think that point of land is the northeast point. We will find out eventually. I also think there is a sizable town on the eastern coast, because there is a FREEWAY that heads that way from Los Santos. But where that freeway connects to Interstate 5 is unknown... unless it downgrades to a highway at some point which I reflect on my map.

As well, I have noted what you said and my next version will reflect those changes.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Finally pinned?

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

I found this this thing in the mountains,looks like a little town or the military base
user posted image

sesamtamam
  • sesamtamam

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

^ -- Yea, where the heck is the military base? CVG said in their recent video that it should be around the new discovered town we saw?! How does that make any sense? Also I believe that the above is more of the town itself than the military base.

cheritto
  • cheritto

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:41 PM Edited by cheritto, 12 July 2013 - 09:52 PM.

looks like a town!!! good dam find!!!
the red line guides the way to the village or base or whatever

Blitzkriegboom2
  • Blitzkriegboom2

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

OMG hes right

normal42
  • normal42

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by normal42, 12 July 2013 - 10:00 PM.

I think it would be really helpful to have a reference of image locations. Once it is determined where an image is taken from, it can be pinned to a map for all others to see. Only a couple problems with this idea. I am not sure the best method for doing it and it is a huge job and I don't know if I have the time. So here is my best shot at starting it. This is several screenshots from the Vespucci Beach area. You can see that this method would be unsustainable on a large scale though.
user posted image
BTW Anyone know where 14 should go?

I had a thought of maybe an archive of carefully numbered images stored somewhere everyone could acess them. Then the map could be marked with just arrows and numbers.

GTAV92
  • GTAV92

Gamemaster

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (lightningun @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 21:26)
I found this this thing in the mountains,looks like a little town or the military base
user posted image

GOOD find looks like we no the location of the military base

user posted image

panthermodels
  • panthermodels

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

@Zombie Elvis - Nice map, think you've pretty much nailed it right there.

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:17 PM Edited by digital31, 12 July 2013 - 11:23 PM.

QUOTE (GourangaMaster @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 05:03)
QUOTE (digital31 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 03:28)
Half of LS, 2 towns, a lake, and a few mountains...

The Blueprint released is easily shows 70-80% of LS, claiming we have seen half is incorrect. That lake is not a mear lake it is the alamo sea, which is a very large body of water. As for the mountains yes they are a few but they are also enormous and take up large portions of the map. Anyone who has followed this thread closely and taken a look at fido or kiwi's map and the way it is all broken down would easily come to the conclusion we have seen at least 2/3 of the total land area. That is not being a pessimist, just being realistic and logical in ones expectations.

Ok my darlings, let me drop a little geography lesson on yall. Look, this is why I say I believe only "Half of LS" has been seen.

http://s23.postimg.o...mpv4r/LS_LA.jpg

user posted image

This is a map of LA County. Now I said before, Rockstar isn't specifically following a real life map of LA,
but I'm saying that in respect to landmarks being in their exact specific places.
Just like starting with Vice City, and all the GTA's that followed, Rockstar does try to come as close as it can to keeping regions and counties ,etc. as realistically as their real life counterparts.
Example, Vice City, You had South Beach and then over the Bridges were Downtown Miami...Very similar to how Miami is laid out in real life. As with GTA IV, All the sections (Broker, Dukes, Algonquin etc.),
They were laid out just the way the boroughs of New York are really laid out in real life. So keeping this in mind, take a look at the map.
Now I know LA, i studied enough of it. I've outlined the section of LA, or Los Santos, in red that I think we have seen in the previews and gameplay.
There You can see downtown LA is included along with Santa Monica, Along with the port (which i still think we haven't seen the rest of the port),
Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and a few of the ghettos which i suspect is in relation to Compton.

Do you people realize that the city of LA extends out way into the EAST? East LA is the biggest section of LA.... The areas that are in Purple and Blue... Thats ALL Los Angeles too...
Thats going out by Anaheim, Rancho Cucamonga, Pasadena, Pomona , Covina, All those places are detrimental to LA. How about going more down south... LBC???
Cmon Snoop would be pissed if GTA didn't put LBC in there. How about behind the Hollywood sign? Oh cmon now, I know you guys don't thing Rockstar is going to do the same thing they did in San Andreas?
just make it all country side behind the Hollywood Hills? Theres still city behind there too guys. I think you all forget how big and a spread out LA actually is...
LA is not a city like the ones people in the East are accustomed to. Its not like New York, all dense... LA is SPREAAADDD out. Now again focus on what i circled in Red on the map...
Now how much of LA is that actually... Probably just 1/4 to 1/3 of the city. Now of course i dont think Rockstar is going to include EVERY part of LA in Los Santos...
But what you guys see on the blueprint map, and what you guys have mapped out so far... I think Rockstar has you guys a bit fooled.
I'm not saying this is definite, but just something to think about while youre creating maps.

P.S. Let not forget about the Santa Catalina Islands either

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Thread Is un-pinned? The mods be trolling us?!

The_Majestic
  • The_Majestic

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (dewan2000 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 23:23)
Thread Is un-pinned? The mods be trolling us?!

Nope it's still pinned...

Mnxanr
  • Mnxanr

Michael

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (digital31 @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 23:17)
*Lots of gibberish*

The full official Los Santos map has already been released, we've seen all there is to see in regards to Los Santos.

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Mnxanr @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 00:08)
*Lots of gibberish*

The full official Los Santos map has already been released, we've seen all there is to see in regards to Los Santos.

Did Rockstar say that? ... No ? Okay,

Did they deliver a full map to your mailbox for being a valued customer? No? Okay

So your logic is just speculation... just like mine .

Mnxanr
  • Mnxanr

Michael

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (digital31 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 00:13)
*Lots of gibberish*

Did they deliver a full map to your mailbox for being a valued customer? No? Okay

Only going to reply to you for your sake, so you don't continue to make a fool out of yourself.

Rockstar's announcement in regards to pre-orders: http://www.rockstarg...pecial-full.jpg

When pieced together:
user posted image

All of the maps on the first page have taken this official 'snippet' of the map into account.

digital31
  • digital31

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Mnxanr @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 01:10)
QUOTE (digital31 @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 00:13)
*Lots of gibberish*

Only going to reply to you for your sake, so you don't continue to make a fool out of yourself.

Rockstar's announcement in regards to pre-orders: http://www.rockstarg...pecial-full.jpg

When pieced together:
user posted image

All of the maps on the first page have taken this official 'snippet' of the map into account.

"Displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County" .... Did you see all of Blaine County there? ... Did you see the whole blueprint map?
... No you did not... Wrong again...Nice try and but thanks for playing.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users