Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,288 replies to this topic
kibbutz1
  • kibbutz1

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (WolfbackGames @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 00:51)
Again, I made another comparison with my model to an existing screenshot.

user posted image

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Some of the mountains could use tweaking in height, (the one outlined in lime green), but for the most part, it's spot on.

Hi WolfbackGames. You may have seen a number of pages back that I started modelling the buildings in LS. If you'd like, I can send you my .blend file and you can transfer them over into your map? Save you a bit of time maybe.

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 11:50)
QUOTE (WolfbackGames @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 00:51)
Again, I made another comparison with my model to an existing screenshot.

http://i41.tinypic.com/jrsmtg.png
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Some of the mountains could use tweaking in height, (the one outlined in lime green), but for the most part, it's spot on.

I think you've wrongly connected different mountains with one pink line in the screenshot. I've had the same error, check out here http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062649580
So you've marked the mountain adjacent to the Salvation Mountain ('H' in GTAKiwi's), mountain 'F' in GTAKiwi's notation and maybe some mountain between H and L-E we maybe haven't seen yet.
EDIT: Your purple line is just an X hill//mountain and not the whole northeast descent of Zancudo. And I very doubt about your yellow line. This screenshot is a really hard task smile.gif
EDIT2: And your green marking is totally wrong, that hills are really very low. You can see all of that by my link above.

Yeah, I've had some trouble with mapping this screenshot. In most other angles, the mountains work and line up. I have a feeling there is another mountain located somewhere in there which we haven't got a good enough view of yet, hence not knowing it's exact existence other than this screenshot.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Afrojacked @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:41)
I got some new info from this just leaked image
user posted image

not leaked, its on Rockstars website

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (WolfbackGames @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:33)
Yeah, I've had some trouble with mapping this screenshot. In most other angles, the mountains work and line up. I have a feeling there is another mountain located somewhere in there which we haven't got a good enough view of yet, hence not knowing it's exact existence other than this screenshot.

Yep, maybe I'm wrong about Y in the runway panorama and this is really not Y
user posted image

but your yellow marking ('N?' in GTAKiwi's)
user posted image

1PunchKnockOut
  • 1PunchKnockOut

I'd shag your mum on the 1st day

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Afrojacked @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:41)
I got some new info from this just leaked image
user posted image

Well..........Aint you gonna let us in on your little secret ?

trevors685
  • trevors685

poo poo head

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:51)
Hey Taco, GTFO.

Your map sucks and we're all tired of your stupid bullsh*t.

If the game is the size of IV, SA and RDR, Los Santos will be AT LEAST as big as LC. You're such an idiot...

smh

GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS
  • GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS

$High Roller$

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Some nice info today, do any of us think that the info we have had has changed the mapping that has been done so far?

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (GTAV-NEEDS-KRATOS @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 20:15)
Some nice info today, do any of us think that the info we have had has changed the mapping that has been done so far?

What information was given which would change anything?

Miami-Florida.
  • Miami-Florida.

Grande Italia

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (MightyMax @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:29)
QUOTE (Miami-Florida. @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:12)
Could someone show me on one of these GTA V maps where is:

1. Hollywood Boulevard
2. Santa Monica Boulevard
3. Fountain Boulevard
4. West Sunset Boulevard

Thanks in advance  cookie.gif .

Sunset Boulevard there will be Bel Air and Beverly Hills! icon14.gif

Sorry?. I Couldn't understand a word of that confused.gif
Could someone with good english reply to me cookie.gif

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Danny Longlegs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Made a panorama of the plane scene in Trevor's trailer, if anyone wants it: http://i.imgur.com/qzSl9ve.jpg

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

Chun do slainte mo chairde!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Miami-Florida. @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:12)
Could someone show me on one of these GTA V maps where is:

1. Hollywood Boulevard
2. Santa Monica Boulevard
3. Fountain Boulevard
4. West Sunset Boulevard

Thanks in advance cookie.gif .

W. Sunset Blvd., as I mentioned earlier is probably the first road you'll see coming in to Los Santos from the Pacific Coast Highway equivalent in this image user posted image. Like the real W. Sunset it probably curves up then straight down, eventually being the larger road that's just north of the golf course, runs by the Sunset Tower Hotel and bends into Vinewood, until it likely ends at the Los Santos river. Someone who actually has editing tools could probably note the road better.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (The Leprechaun @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 14:54)
W. Sunset Blvd., as I mentioned earlier is probably the first road you'll see coming in to Los Santos from the Pacific Coast Highway equivalent in this image . Like the real W. Sunset it probably curves up then straight down, eventually being the larger road that's just north of the golf course, runs by the Sunset Tower Hotel and bends into Vinewood, until it likely ends at the Los Santos river. Someone who actually has editing tools could probably note the road better.

Is this the road you mean ? Sorry about the bad highlight job, I used imgur's photo editor as I didn't feel like launching PS.

user posted image

LackedMushroom0
  • LackedMushroom0

Steenster Spellen

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by LackedMushroom0, 02 July 2013 - 09:43 PM.

QUOTE (Rockstar Cake @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 21:26)
Made a panorama of the plane scene in Trevor's trailer, if anyone wants it: http://i.imgur.com/qzSl9ve.jpg

Nice one!
cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

user posted image
Edit: Resized the picture a bit :$

mrjinx
  • mrjinx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Cake @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 20:26)

That's great! I didn't catch all that when watching the trailers. Does anyone know what that is to the left of the image? Is it a small airport where the cropduster takes off from, or could it be part of a military base? Also, it looks like the fields on the right are the ones from the first trailer. I haven't seen anyone mention where it was located yet (that I can recall).

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

This is fantastic! monocle.gif icon14.gif

rean2
  • rean2

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

most beautiful screen yet! This got my hype up again. Look at the farms on the hill and the road. biggrin.gif

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:55 AM Edited by WolfbackGames, 03 July 2013 - 02:58 AM.

Think I figured out the mountains in the bridge comparison I did, so I decided to redo it with a new mountain range added.

user posted image

It's really hard to match up the cameras due to FOV differences, and general placement issues. For the most part, you should be able to see the similarities.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

mnkymanfoo
  • mnkymanfoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

I hate to be that guy but there was a stitch of the plane scene from Trevor's trailer done (not by me) right after the trailer was released that had less apparent seams...user posted image

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (mnkymanfoo @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 23:03)
I hate to be that guy but there was a stitch of the plane scene from Trevor's trailer done (not by me) right after the trailer was released that had less apparent seams...user posted image

This looks way better. icon14.gif

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

That valley is so beautiful. The countryside will be so great.

rafi_rvayy
  • rafi_rvayy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

is this the same dam?
user posted image

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (rafi_rvayy @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 21:36)
is this the same dam?
http://imageshack.us...8/9282/j02k.png

nope

dumbassbuffet
  • dumbassbuffet

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

I've been away for a while, so I'm not sure, but I don't think these have been posted. Here are some panoramas from action scenes in the trailers, I don't know if they'll help with anything, but they won't hurt.
These Images appear to be mostly seamless, but since they were automatically stitched, some errors and blurring might be present. Enjoy

Trailer 2
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Franklin Trailer
user posted image
user posted image

Trevor Trailer
user posted image

Michael Trailer
user posted image

I mean, the trailers are pretty much all out of secrets, but you never know... It might be easier to visualize like this.

Matthew_rocz
  • Matthew_rocz

Mz8691

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

These are Fantastic!

dumbassbuffet
  • dumbassbuffet

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (Matthew_rocz @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 01:04)
These are Fantastic!

Thanks, I really just went over the trailers, marked the times of the scenes with lots of camera panning, ran them through ICE, and here we are. the foreground objects often repeat, but the backgrounds seem to be properly connected, and that's what I wanted.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:02 AM Edited by omawnakw, 03 July 2013 - 08:48 AM.

QUOTE (mrjinx @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 23:55)

That's great! I didn't catch all that when watching the trailers. Does anyone know what that is to the left of the image? Is it a small airport where the cropduster takes off from, or could it be part of a military base? Also, it looks like the fields on the right are the ones from the first trailer. I haven't seen anyone mention where it was located yet (that I can recall).

That's supposed to be a military base but it is the only evidence of it and we have no any other proof.
QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 23:24)
Military base seems to be a good fit for Naval Base Ventura County/ Point Mugu.
user posted image

The Zancudo river looks like it's heading into a wetlands area with the little shallow pools alongside the river in the Trevor trailer.

@WolfbackGames, it's better now, but I think you're wrong about the green line again. Look at my enhanced picture more carefully. Here is how I see it:
user posted image

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (J-B @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 21:25)
W. Sunset Blvd., as I mentioned earlier is probably the first road you'll see coming in to Los Santos from the Pacific Coast Highway equivalent in this image . Like the real W. Sunset it probably curves up then straight down, eventually being the larger road that's just north of the golf course, runs by the Sunset Tower Hotel and bends into Vinewood, until it likely ends at the Los Santos river. Someone who actually has editing tools could probably note the road better.

Is this the road you mean ? Sorry about the bad highlight job, I used imgur's photo editor as I didn't feel like launching PS.

user posted image

Yeah that's what I believe to be W. Eclipse Blvd. (W. Sunset Blvd. IRL).

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 01:17)
Good work, wolfbackgames.

Have we seen this mountain range in any other screenshots? Its been a while since I looked through the screenshots and this screen here makes me realise the sheer scale of GTAV.
user posted image

I believe this screenshot:
user posted image
screenshot program
Is the back of the mountain that we see around the Alamo sea.

user posted image
photo hosting sites

So we can confirm the rocky like mountain is the other side of Mt. Alamo.

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (The Leprechaun @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 10:03)
QUOTE (J-B @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 21:25)

user posted image

Yeah that's what I believe to be W. Eclipse Blvd. (W. Sunset Blvd. IRL).

I also matches fairly close in design to the real thing. user posted image
Also, after seeing the Cuban panorama, I think I get why Wolf and Fido have their placement of Alamo and Zancudo the way they do.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (mnkymanfoo @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 03:03)

this looks fantastic! Can't wait to explore this landscape with different vehicles inlove.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google