Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Amazing 3D map!

Great work, everyone. icon14.gif

Solarcellular
  • Solarcellular

Phill

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Whole Map is in the top left of the emblem, on the digitally enhanced, rolled up blueprint. shhh....

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:43 PM Edited by omawnakw, 01 July 2013 - 05:01 PM.

QUOTE (Solarcellular @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 16:06)
Whole Map is in the top left of the emblem, on the digitally enhanced, rolled up blueprint. shhh....

What do you mean? Here is an emblem:
user posted image
I see a bear, a flag, an owl, a Sasquatch and, by the way, @zombie elvis where does your version came from, there should be a beaver instead of a bear.
And what is that thingie where is the scales in zombie elvis's version, a flowers?
Edit: @Solarcellular I hope you did not confused a beaver with the map biggrin.gif

Solarcellular
  • Solarcellular

Phill

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 16:43)
QUOTE (Solarcellular @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 16:06)

What do you mean? Here is an emblem:
user posted image
I see a bear, a flag, an owl, a Sasquatch and, by the way, @zombie elvis where is your version came from, there should be a beaver instead of a bear.
And what is that thingie where is the scales in zombie elvis's version, a flowers?
Edit: @Solarcellular I hope you did not confused a beaver with the map biggrin.gif

Top left of the 2nd image pal! smile.gif

Tho, It might be a beaver.. balls. sad.gif

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

it's a pussy bruh

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 16:00)
QUOTE (kjacked @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:57)
Damn that makes liberty city look tiny. Los Santos appears to be muuuuch larger

According to the estimates counted in this thread, LS itself should be as big as LC (without Alderney) at least and slighly smaller than the whole GTA IV map.

One of the previews said los Santos definitely voters more square footage than liberty city. Looks to be the truth. Los Santos dwarfs liberty city

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 12:07)

According to the estimates counted in this thread, LS itself should be as big as LC (without Alderney) at least and slighly smaller than the whole GTA IV map.

One of the previews said los Santos definitely voters more square footage than liberty city. Looks to be the truth. Los Santos dwarfs liberty city

Lets not get carried away...

LS seems to be alittle bit smaller than LC, but not by much considering LC was divided by rivers.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (iiConTr0v3rSYx @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 17:12)

LS seems to be alittle bit smaller than LC, but not by much considering LC was divided by rivers.

I disagree. The rock star q and a in game informer clearly stated that los Santos was bigger. I'm not debating anything. I'm saying what they stated as fact is backed up by this picture. Los Santos is definitely bigger

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:14)

I disagree. The rock star q and a in game informer clearly stated that los Santos was bigger. I'm not debating anything. I'm saying what they stated as fact is backed up by this picture. Los Santos is definitely bigger

Rockstar and game informer said more things that turned out to be erroneous. So I would take those statements with a grain of salt. Also don't forget that one can perceive something differently than something actually is. Something that appears bigger can be much smaller in reality and vice versa.

OT: @omawnakw I also think it's a beaver, but it might also correspond with the footprint of Los Santos but that's highly unlikely.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

And I think the fact people continue to ignore is that the GTA IV map consists of two cities LC and Alderney City and they even are in different states: the State of Alderney and the State of Liberty.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 17:17)
QUOTE (kjacked @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:14)

Rockstar and game informer said more things that turned out to be erroneous. So I would take those statements with a grain of salt. Also don't forget that one can perceive something differently than something actually is. Something that appears bigger can be much smaller in reality and vice versa.

OT: @omawnakw I also think it's a beaver, but it might also correspond with the footprint of Los Santos but that's highly unlikely.

listen buddy, i think los Santos is bigger. it looks bigger. Its been said to be bigger in game informer. You think whatever you want til the game comes out and then we will see

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:31 PM Edited by Argon, 01 July 2013 - 05:34 PM.

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 14:58)
QUOTE (nwbpro @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:19)
QUOTE (WolfbackGames @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 07:49)
Here's my attempt at trying to line up the major mountains:

AMAZING WORK

Well done!

Very good work, but I hope your map is completely wrong. I hope for it, because that map seems even smaller than the 2D ones (even the same map layer you have used in 2D seems being bigger). This map would really be a disappointment for me. Every time someone is making a more detailed map the map is going to be smaller and smaller. Have a look several pages back and you will see what I mean.
Anyway, that's nothing you can do for getting a bigger map. You did an amazing job here.
Could you put in the LC map next to V for comparison, please?

That's impossible. He used Fido's 2d map, made it a texture and build the 3d models on top of it. He did not change the scale, so the 3d map is exactly the same as the 2d one, ofcourse. It just has another dimension. It might look shorter (North-South), due to the viewing angle and therefore perspective. Hell, your comment even proves that something viewed from an angle appears to be small, when in fact (when viewed from topdown) it is much larger. This is what people have been stating in this thread for ages to the people claiming it's 'tiny'.
I'm not sure what you mean by saying that the maps are getting smaller and smaller. Fido's and Kiwi's (and Choco's and others) are the result of a 700+ page community project, and chances of their maps being completely wrong are very small. I've not seen any (worthy) map shrink in size, because most of the areas mapped are the ones that are actually shown on screens (from multiple angles). There are always optimists who claim that we have only seen 25%, but that's often based on nothing.

EDIT: and wow with the attitude, dude. This is not a thread for those kind of opinions. If you want to contribute, you have to start throwing some numbers and comparisons, otherwise you're just trying to do what hundreds of posts have tried.

@WolfbackGames, incredible work! Although I might suggest putting Fido's name somewhere in released screens of your work, because chances are these new 3d images are going around the internet and it would be nice to see the original 2d deserve it's credits. Although that's something between you and Fido and I shouldn't interfere tounge.gif
I'm studying for my last exam this week, but I would love to help out with the 3d modeling, but I understand if you don't want to divide the work too much.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 12:28)
And I think the fact people continue to ignore is that the GTA IV map consists of two cities LC and Alderney City and they even are in different states: the State of Alderney and the State of Liberty.

It's unknown whether or not Rockstar is talking about the whole map of LC. If they are, than yes, LC is bigger than LS. If not, than LS is bigger than LC.

Even so, the city of LS will offer more than the city of LC did.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Bel Air can be in GTA V on district Richman or other to LOS SANTOS?

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by omawnakw, 01 July 2013 - 05:51 PM.

@Argon Yep, I think @WolfbackGames should put Fido's name, his name and this link 'http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=491242' into the pictures, otherwise we should start to wait here for dozens of lunatics coming from all around this great forums and for new members who sign up to ask about where it come from.
Edit:
@MightyMax you have to take an anti-jamming-looping pill.Yeah, maybe would be cool to have Bel Air, but why to ask about it at the every new page?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Where about is this place? has their been any other screenshots that show where about this area is?

user posted image

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'll say to the North-East of LS?

Here's other screenshots showing the wind farm.

user posted image

user posted image

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

^Yep, he also should check out the maps in the 1st post. Wind farm is marked in Fido's and A2, V4 scenes in GTAKiwi's are related. Also this should be helpful http://i.imgur.com/6TXFz.jpg and this is related too:
(click on image)
user posted image

bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

Rockstar and game informer said more things that turned out to be erroneous.

Such as... what exactly? You can doubt then all you want, but I'll take the word of professional game journalists who've seen the game (as well as the people who actually created it) over the "analyses" of the "experts" in this forum.

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:22 PM Edited by WolfbackGames, 01 July 2013 - 06:28 PM.

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 17:44)
@Argon Yep, I think @WolfbackGames should put Fido's name, his name and this link 'http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=491242' into the pictures, otherwise we should start to wait here for dozens of lunatics coming from all around this great forums and for new members who sign up to ask about where it come from.
Edit:
@MightyMax you have to take an anti-jamming-looping pill.Yeah, maybe would be cool to have Bel Air, but why to ask about it at the every new page?

Will do. Fido does deserve credit, 85% of the map is basically his, with only a few changes.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:25 PM Edited by Raavi, 01 July 2013 - 06:28 PM.

QUOTE (bakerach @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:08)

Such as... what exactly? You can doubt then all you want, but I'll take the word of professional game journalists who've seen the game (as well as the people who actually created it) over the "analyses" of the "experts" in this forum.

Well this for example and car customization etc. Not to mention 'Professional Game Journalist' his word is just as valid as the one of a seasoned gamer. After all they're also just basing it of what they see, just like us. Besides games aren't exactly rocket science.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 17:44)
Edit:

sorry if i ask always Bel Air but me like how GTA V have LOS SANTOS be LOS ANGELES and i have think Bel Air be for force in the game from hills and road luxury house

bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:25)

Well this for example and car customization etc. Not to mention 'Professional Game Journalist' his word is just as valid as the one of a seasoned gamer. After all they're also just basing it of what they see, just like us. Besides games aren't exactly rocket science.

A. Those statements aren't true now, but you don't know they were erroneous at the time of publication.
B. Don't kid yourself, playing lots of games doesn't make you a journalist, nor does it make you an expert. These people are hired for reasons beyond "I play lots of COD durrr."
C. "Just like us" --except they haven't seen Los Santos "just like us," they've seen it "for real," a claim that can't be made by a single person in this thread.

Convince yourself of whatever you want if you want to keep bitching about a game nobody's played, but I'm fine with trusting the REAL experts until September.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 09:37)
^Here is LC from a much closer distance (do not remember who posted this but it was posted in this thread):

Edit: maybe not so much but closer than in above WolfbackGames's picture.

It was me. Here is a better one:

user posted image

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 09:57)

If you saw Los Santos from the same height and angle, it would look small.

The east/west distance of Los Santos is probably only this far across:

user posted image

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hey Taco, GTFO.

Your map sucks and we're all tired of your stupid bullsh*t.

If the game is the size of IV, SA and RDR, Los Santos will be AT LEAST as big as LC. You're such an idiot...

bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

^lol, truth. Taco spews pollution in these threads.

renourish
  • renourish

New account: Valwin

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (suicidehummer @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:51)
Hey Taco, GTFO.

Your map sucks and we're all tired of your stupid bullsh*t.

If the game is the size of IV, SA and RDR, Los Santos will be AT LEAST as big as LC. You're such an idiot...

Alright, good luck trying to make a better one all by yourself.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by omawnakw, 01 July 2013 - 07:03 PM.

QUOTE (bakerach @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:37)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:25)

A. Those statements aren't true now, but you don't know they were erroneous at the time of publication.
B. Don't kid yourself, playing lots of games doesn't make you a journalist, nor does it make you an expert. These people are hired for reasons beyond "I play lots of COD durrr."
C. "Just like us" --except they haven't seen Los Santos "just like us," they've seen it "for real," a claim that can't be made by a single person in this thread.

Convince yourself of whatever you want if you want to keep bitching about a game nobody's played, but I'm fine with trusting the REAL experts until September.

Huh, you now talking like you never saw CVG's map. They can't even copy-paste the map from this thread properly and understanding what they do and why. And as I said here:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062648271
and here http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062643858
and maybe here http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062616220
all that journalists saw much much less than we saw and learn here if they did not analyze all the screenshots and trailers in-depth.
and another nice post of mine http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062665699
I think this words of Dan Dawkins could be a good red line below everything I said and Raavi said above: "Unfortunatly my brain isn't a working videocamera so I can't go, like you know with, back and say exactly things are certain right." http://www.youtube.c...Fvp_zSMA#t=413s

@suicidehummer, maybe Choco Taco's map is not so pretty and even if it don't looks like a map but like a taco I can't say he told something bad or wrong.

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I don't because I have a life, and I know I couldn't do better than Fido. Taco's map looks like it was drawn by a taco. With down syndrome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users