Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

25,914 replies to this topic
The True
  • The True

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

It took me three weeks to look at all the pages of this thread.

And you've heard it but ... Congratulations for the brilliant work!

For anyone who wants to contradict something that is being talked about
or post something "new" that you saw in the pictures, look at the work done before and maybe
you do not feel embarrassed ... like me on a few pages ago. It is time consuming but worth it!
I found several things that I thought only I had seen (ridiculous) and also many amazing things that I would never see myself.

As I said, these guys are brilliant and crazy! I'm crazy about GTA but it's hard to compete with you.

I would take the time to ask a question.

The blueprint map we can see a checkered marking type in the area of the race track and
the same type of marking is seen in the right coast of the map and the "islands" also.
What kind of land is this? Sand, forests, rocks?
You can identify accurately comparing some pictures? Or whatever resources you have.

I hope it is not so obvious that only I have not identified. :-)

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Lunatic100
  • Lunatic100

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (The True @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:06)

or post something "new" that you saw in the pictures, look at the work done before and maybe
you do not feel embarrassed ... like me on a few pages ago. It is time consuming but worth it!
I found several things that I thought only I had seen (ridiculous) and also many amazing things that I would never see myself.

As I said, these guys are brilliant and crazy! I'm crazy about GTA but it's hard to compete with you.

The blueprint map we can see a checkered marking type in the area of the race track and
the same type of marking is seen in the right coast of the map and the "islands" also.
You can identify accurately comparing some pictures? Or whatever resources you have.

I cant stand when you foreigners say that sh*t, you wrote complete paragraphs and didn`t spell anything wrong or misinterpret any words but you still say excuse my bad english. I think you guys say that for sympathy, because you obviously know english

Trevor_Phillips
  • Trevor_Phillips

Welcome to Sandy Shores

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (PoliceFarm @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 15:31)
QUOTE (Smaher @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 15:25)
QUOTE (Fail_At_GTA @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 15:21)

You are contradicting yourself.  You say its not south east of the map but you agree with CVG that it is, but then you agree that its north of Los Santos, which clearly makes it more of the centre/north east part of the map.  Can you make up your mind?

I don't think you understand. Alamo sea is the south east of the map according to Rockstar, according to CVG. The Alamo sea with logic is north of LS but along with LS is SE of the map. CVG said that the Rockstar PR guys were directing them and told them where they were.

They must have made a mistake, either from what they heard or maybe they were at the beach area we can see SE of Los Santos on the map, but they mistakenly thought it was Alamo.

well, in the demo, all the magazines who saw it, said they went scuba diving with Trevor... they talked also about ship wrecks and sharks...
so if CVG had seen the same themo (what I think it was) they never ever were on alamo sea... because there are no ship wrecks and sharks in it!!
so yes... they were maybe on SE of map on the beach, wnd were diving in the sea, not in alamo lake...

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Actually some of the stuff isn't really good.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by omawnakw, 23 June 2013 - 05:31 PM.

You are contradicting yourself.  You say its not south east of the map but you agree with CVG that it is, but then you agree that its north of Los Santos, which clearly makes it more of the centre/north east part of the map.  Can you make up your mind?

I don't think you understand. Alamo sea is the south east of the map according to Rockstar, according to CVG. The Alamo sea with logic is north of LS but along with LS is SE of the map. CVG said that the Rockstar PR guys were directing them and told them where they were.

Stop saying this. Did you ever watch the CVG's video or just heard that from somebody else? CVG said, that Rockstar said it is SE of the map, but they think that it makes more sense if R* employee was mistaken and he meant it's southeast of the Alamo Sea. There a lot of other inconsistencies (check out Trevor_Phillips's post one post above) in what CVG said they saw as well as other journalists saw in that demos.
And it is not a strange thing. The work we are involved in this thread looks like a military stuff from the WWII times when you have a ground level photo of the area, maybe some old or new photos taken from the plane or even haven't them and need to make the map of that. Nothing surprising that the guys who see the half of an hour demo (which is not the same thing you hold a controller in your own hands and play a real game - R* cut every common movements between the action and the cutscenes to reveal less and save the time) knows much less than the other guys who have a dozens of screenshots and hundreds of frames extracted from the trailer videos to analyze.

EDIT: I also think that place they saw just was not Alamo Sea and it was an ocean - check out their previews on the site - they say it is an ocean there when saying about scuba diving smile.gif

Smaher
  • Smaher

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:24)

Stop saying this. Did you ever watch the CVG's video or just heard that from somebody else? CVG said, that Rockstar said it is SE of the map, but they think that it makes more sense if R* employee was mistaken and he meant it's southeast of the Alamo Sea. There a lot of other inconsistencies (check out Trevor_Phillips's post one post above) in what CVG said they saw as well as other journalists saw in that demos.
And it is not a strange thing. The work we are involved in this thread looks like a military stuff from the WWII times when you have a ground level photo of the area, maybe some old or new photos taken from the plane or even haven't them and need to make the map of that. Nothing surprising that the guys who see the half of an hour demo (which is not the same thing you hold a controller in your own hands and play a real game - R* cut every common movements between the action and the cutscenes to reveal less and save the time) knows much less than the other guys who have a dozens of screenshots and hundreds of frames extracted from the trailer videos to analyze.

Nope, that's what they said stop switching sh*t.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Oh yeah, I understand. Your "Nope" is for 'No, I did not watched'. biggrin.gif

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

700 motherf*cking pages!!

lerche88
  • lerche88

Enemy reinforcements falling, roger, roger.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Will we get to 1000 before September 17? I'm not too sure...

YouthGamer
  • YouthGamer

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (lerche88 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:41)

Well it took 3 months for 300 pages from page 400-700

So im betting in the next three months we'll get another 300 pages. It also depends on how much more will Rockstar give us, there will be a trailer released soon and website map so yeah more pages will come.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (lerche88 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:41)

@lerche88, We will if we continue to discuss what Dan and Tim from CVG saw and how it fits the real things or another noob-zombie map size riot will start.
Just a nice picture taken near the Victorville to make this post less off topic and more sensible.
user posted image

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Certainly the setup Rockstar has is a bit unique for the locations, but I really don't think the hundreds of hours people have spent trying to decide where stuff is, is completely wrong. I know some stuff may be off kilter, but overall I'd say there is a lot of accurate deductions here.

The True
  • The True

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Lunatic100 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:10)
[/QUOTE]
I cant stand when you foreigners say that sh*t, you wrote complete paragraphs and didn`t spell anything wrong or misinterpret any words but you still say excuse my bad english. I think you guys say that for sympathy, because you obviously know english

I answer for me and for many. Many of us we know only a few words
and phrases and use the google translator because we want to participate in the debate
since this site is responsible for several discoveries that we see only reported by someone
on youtube or elsewhere after many days.
When we apologize for our bad English is because we are not sure if the translation was well done.
But we know that google translator is not faithful to the different types of expressions of our countries.
So it's not a matter of sympathy but doubt.
Although sympathy does not hurt anyone.

Smaher
  • Smaher

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:33)
Oh yeah, I understand. Your "Nope" is for 'No, I did not watched'. biggrin.gif

Well I'm not really lying, but I'm trying to prove that the map is bigger than people think its. I thought someone could make a map from what i've found out from there own perspective.

Like this for example
user posted image
monocle.gif

And if any one has anything on that highway like road leading down...?

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Smaher @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:53)
Oh yeah, I understand. Your "Nope" is for 'No, I did not watched'.  biggrin.gif

Well I'm not really lying, but I'm trying to prove that the map is bigger than people think its. I thought someone could make a map from what i've found out from there own perspective.

Like this for example
user posted image
monocle.gif

Seriously? Everybody expecting such a map will get disappointed anyway.

Smaher
  • Smaher

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by Smaher, 23 June 2013 - 06:23 PM.

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:11)
QUOTE (Smaher @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:53)
Oh yeah, I understand. Your "Nope" is for 'No, I did not watched'.  biggrin.gif

Like this for example
http://s23.postimg.o...emmwbbf/map.jpg
monocle.gif

Seriously? Everybody expecting such a map will get disappointed anyway.

That's why there are planes and jets. biggrin.gif

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:21 PM Edited by omawnakw, 23 June 2013 - 06:25 PM.

Similar area (photo by Michael Jiroch - Sites along Interstate 15):
user posted image
user posted image

^Smaher, so we have the city, the county and a couple of large blue senescence on the map.

Smaher
  • Smaher

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:21)
user posted image
user posted image

Nice, where's the location or where is it near?

esato
  • esato

Peon

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Lunatic100 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:10)
QUOTE (The True @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:06)

Hahahahaha

Some foreigners know more english than others...

but just in case, some of us apologize in advance for any errors that we've not identified.

it happens with me when I'll comment on issues that use very specific terms, which I can come with the wrong placement of words.

Smaher
  • Smaher

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Smaher @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:24)
QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 18:21)
user posted image
user posted image

Nice, where's the location or where is it near?

Never mind, I found it, it's near Victorville. Close to Nevada.

iTz i Makez HD
  • iTz i Makez HD

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

We need the map shape which we will probably get when the official website is revealed, the shape will help us

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:26 PM Edited by omawnakw, 23 June 2013 - 07:30 PM.

@Smaher. Mojave desert, Interstate 15 is the Mojave Freeway in that part. Here is the source link http://www.panoramio.../photo/67876561.
Another thing - there are a few of CEMEX's cement facilities near the Victorville and that construction to the right of Trevor in PSX Magazine screen could be inspired by one of them. One facility even powered by huge wind turbines, like the ones in Palm Springs (San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm) or Tehachapi Pass Wind Farm but not so many there. Goldstone Deep Space Communication Complex is not so far from there. There is also a prison in Vitorville and an airport. I do not think it is a kind of exact match of the location but a one of the places R* was inspired by.
user posted image
user posted image

Bell mountain, Apple Valley. Click on image for a hi-res.
user posted image
user posted image

And a couple of questions. Does this formation in this shot looks like a building to you guys or like a this kind of rock in the photo (looks more like a building to me but not sure):
user posted image
user posted image

Whether it makes sense to consider the benches as a reliable reference? Are they an authentic stuff? biggrin.gif I asked because I think it is very speculative, but we have no additional clues about the shot below. If somebody think yes, so maybe you know about similar benches near the main road in some small town near the bay around Los Angeles or maybe along the whole so-Cal coastline?

user posted image

@iTz i Makez HD, you're right - In Shape We Trust .

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

We will just get the entire map on the launch day. The blue print is only a part of the entire thing, my opinion.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Archangel-Game @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 17:32)
Any idea of where these buildings are situated ?

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

So far... nowhere.
We haven't seen any of those in the screenshots released so far.
The Biltmore Hotel is in though but not the iconic tower (weird).
No Union Station is bugging me...

Smaher
  • Smaher

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 19:26)
@Smaher. Mojave desert, Interstate 15 is the Mojave Freeway in that part. Here is the source link http://www.panoramio.../photo/67876561.
Another thing - there are a few of CEMEX's cement facilities near the Victorville and that construction to the right of Trevor in PSX Magazine screen could be inspired by one of them. One facility even powered by huge wind turbines, like the ones in Palm Springs (San Gorgonio Pass Wind Farm) or Tehachapi Pass Wind Farm but not so many there. Goldstone Deep Space Communication Complex is not so far from there. There is also a prison in Vitorville and an airport. I do not think it is a kind of exact match of the location but a one of the places R* was inspired by.
user posted image
user posted image

Bell mountain, Apple Valley. Click on image for a hi-res.
user posted image
user posted image

And a couple of questions. Does this formation in this shot looks like a building to you guys or like a this kind of rock in the photo (looks more like a building to me but not sure):
user posted image
user posted image

Whether it makes sense to consider the benches as a reliable reference? Are they an authentic stuff? biggrin.gif I asked because I think it is very speculative, but we have no additional clues about the shot below. If somebody think yes, so maybe you know about similar benches near the main road in some small town near the bay around Los Angeles or maybe along the whole so-Cal coastline?

user posted image

@iTz i Makez HD, you're right - In Shape We Trust .

It looks to shaped to be a rocky mountain.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

user posted image

Where is this from again? I've forgotten. Looks like a rocky cliff with a building on top.

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Smaher @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 16:41)
QUOTE (skillz7855 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 16:39)
QUOTE (Smaher @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 16:32)
Here the alamo sea is clearly behind the Vinewood Hills

user posted image

You can barely make out where the sea even is in this picture

Yeah but you see water though, right? Looks like the Alamo sea is facing NE to me, but that area is kinda foggy.

That could be the Zancudo River. The Alamo Sea seems wider than this body of water in all the screenshots we have seen of the lake.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:33 PM Edited by omawnakw, 23 June 2013 - 09:48 PM.

^^ @zombie elvis, from this shot released by Sony:

user posted image

And the photo with rocks I've posted above taken on Google Street view in Victorvile, a view in the direction of Mojave Narrows from D street http://goo.gl/maps/Tdnzj
@Smaher maybe you're right.
But please do not quote so large posts such as this my one entirely with all the pictures.

Another nice photo of Apple Valley, the fog just like in the game smile.gif
user posted image

EDIT @countrymike84 it is definitely the Alamo Sea, it was proofed many times and so there is no doubt about it now and it could not be the Zancudo river. And it is facing east or east-southeast because Vinewood hill is rotated clockwise relative to the city (and so the Vinewood sign facing southwest).

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:26)
user posted image
[/URL]

Looks like a building on a small rocky cliff to me.

Smaher
  • Smaher

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:46)

user posted image

Where is this from again? I've forgotten. Looks like a rocky cliff with a building on top.

Sony Bundle Screenshots.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users