Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,288 replies to this topic
Ignaz
  • Ignaz

Zipflklatscher

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 18:50)
QUOTE (Ignaz @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 18:42)
QUOTE (Gifbrah @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 18:26)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 18:17)
Alamo sea is the south east of the map according to Rockstar,  according to CVG.

*___*

Huh?

From the newest vidīs from CVG. Nr 28/29 they talk about the presentaition in Polen and they said the AlamoSea is located more in the SE of the map.
Rockstar confirmed that.
Also they said the freefall from a jump out of a plane takes more then 2-3 minutes. The Freefall!!! Not with an opened parachute. So you can imagine how high planes can go and also that the map and the details what we got at this time can grow up the thinking about the maps what are build at this time in this forum.
Maybe there is something true about the thinkings the map is used and printed bothsided.

do you have no common sense? they said from the time they jumped out of the plane to the time they landed took around 3 minutes. they didnt say from the time they jumped to the time they splattered on the ground. for f*cks sake, they even talked about looking around the map as they parachuted down. a parachute was involved. if rockstar only knew how idiotic a lot of people were here on gta forums they would word sh*t more carefully, as would the people that saw the previews.

Thanks for your nice defamation and the thing calling me an idiot.

And also when there would be involved a parachute, who sayīs they jumped out from the highest level that they could go whit the plane?

I know one thing. With every new GTA R* breaks the rules in the genere. Also they are allways very spare with informations and fakts about the games that are in progress.

And all picīs, vidīs and statemantes shows only 3 locations from diffrent angles and a big clowdy nothing in the background. So i am maybe an idiot but at this time 60% are speculations, 10% leaked/confirmed and 30% hope and imagination.

About the statement that the CVG-Map is pretty like the same about the map where the people build here. Are you sure that R* present the whole mapview in a presentation 5 month befor the release? Ok now i knows fore myself whos the idiot.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

I occasionally make maps.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 15:13)
No way the Alamo Sea is SE of the map.
Unless the map is gigantic and expand way way north so as to make the Alamo Sea appear SE of the map.
That would make LS SW of the map, even more south than the Alamo Sea.
These CVC guys don't have a clue about anything.
They just like the exposure.

SE of the map is water, even in reality... Except if the map is rotated vertically, but it would be stupid.
BTW, your map is great! colgate.gif

iTz i Makez HD
  • iTz i Makez HD

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 21:09)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 12:17)
Alamo sea is the south east of the map according to Rockstar,  according to CVG.

*___*

I think the only way for that to be possible is if the map looks something like this:

user posted image

DAFUQ

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Ignaz @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 20:17)

*___*

Huh?

From the newest vidīs from CVG. Nr 28/29 they talk about the presentaition in Polen and they said the AlamoSea is located more in the SE of the map.
Rockstar confirmed that.
Also they said the freefall from a jump out of a plane takes more then 2-3 minutes. The Freefall!!! Not with an opened parachute. So you can imagine how high planes can go and also that the map and the details what we got at this time can grow up the thinking about the maps what are build at this time in this forum.
Maybe there is something true about the thinkings the map is used and printed bothsided.

do you have no common sense? they said from the time they jumped out of the plane to the time they landed took around 3 minutes. they didnt say from the time they jumped to the time they splattered on the ground. for f*cks sake, they even talked about looking around the map as they parachuted down. a parachute was involved. if rockstar only knew how idiotic a lot of people were here on gta forums they would word sh*t more carefully, as would the people that saw the previews.

And also when there would be involved a parachute, who sayīs they jumped out from the highest level that they could go whit the plane?

I know one thing. With every new GTA R* breaks the rules in the genere. Also they are allways very spare with informations and fakts about the games that are in progress.

And all picīs, vidīs and statemantes shows only 3 locations from diffrent angles and a big clowdy nothing in the background. So i am maybe an idiot but at this time 60% are speculations, 10% leaked/confirmed and 30% hope and imagination.

About the statement that the CVG-Map is pretty like the same about the map where the people build here. Are you sure that R* present the whole mapview in a presentation 5 month befor the release? Ok now i knows fore myself whos the idiot.

Can you guys either sneak off and start making out or just shut the hell up? This is an epic thread and it doesn't need you two waving your online junk in each others faces.

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:13)
Unless the map is gigantic and expand way way north so as to make the Alamo Sea appear SE of the map.

R* said it was SE of the map they are just repeating the info from R*. Its strange? Yes.

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Why is it so hard to believe Rockstar is making a gigantic game? whatsthat.gif

This is the question that haunts me daily.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:40)
Why is it so hard to believe Rockstar is making a gigantic game? whatsthat.gif

This is the question that haunts me daily.

Better question is, why would they tell us they are if they are not, they are not going to lie to their customer base over something that critical

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

So do we have a full estimate of what we think the map will be?

PTG_
  • PTG_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

For anyone who hasn't seen the (45 minute) CVG video.

The guys at CVG posted a video yesterday and at the 12:17 mark on the video they say that Rockstar told them that the place where Trevor woke up (near the Alamo Sea) is in the southeast part of the map. Here's the video:

user posted image

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (PTG_ @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 14:56)
For anyone who hasn't seen the (45 minute) CVG video.

The guys at CVG posted a video yesterday and at the 12:17 mark on the video they say that Rockstar told them that the place where Trevor woke up (near the Alamo Sea) is in the southeast part of the map. Here's the video:

user posted image

Isn't that pic from the first demo, not the second?

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by Von_Von, 20 June 2013 - 08:12 PM.

R* and Sony are playing hard with GTA5, probably the game will make the passage from PS3 to PS4, I dont quite understand the strategy but could be a very important moment to video gaming world, a "1989 Game Boy" moment. I just hope you understand.

And, now Im going to write something very controversial, PS4 GTA5 map could be different from PS3 GTA5 map. Bloggers and media people, some times dont catch wath they are seeing. This is my opinion, and you can crucify me.

The blueprint... Wait for reality.

bobqwerty
  • bobqwerty

Long time guest

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

North doesn't have to be upper side. In fact, I've been looking at the position of the sun and North could be at the left of the blueprint/map. Alamo Sea would be at the exact same place. It's difficult to predict something, but I think they've added seasons to the game. If you compare the images you might see the sun heading different directions I assume. dozingoff.gif

Anyway, Rockstar could be referring to its position when Franklin hangs out of the plane.

Ignaz
  • Ignaz

Zipflklatscher

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:33)
QUOTE (Ignaz @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 20:17)

*___*

Huh?

Rockstar confirmed that.

Can you guys either sneak off and start making out or just shut the hell up? This is an epic thread and it doesn't need you two waving your online junk in each others faces.

And the oscar goes 2 you for the needlessed comment in this conversation.

icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Ignaz
  • Ignaz

Zipflklatscher

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Von_Von @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 20:04)
R* and Sony are playing hard with GTA5, probably the game will make the passage from PS3 to PS4, I dont quite understand the strategy but could be a very important moment to video gaming world, a "1989 Game Boy" moment. I just hope you understand.

And, now Im going to write something very controversial, PS4 GTA5 map could be different from PS3 GTA5 map. Bloggers and media people, some times dont catch wath they are seeing. This is my opinion, and you can crucify me.

No more comment needit.

bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (bobqwerty @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 20:27)
North doesn't have to be upper side. In fact, I've been looking at the position of the sun and North could be at the left of the blueprint/map. Alamo Sea would be at the exact same place. It's difficult to predict something, but I think they've added seasons to the game. If you compare the images you might see the sun heading different directions I assume. dozingoff.gif

Anyway, Rockstar could be referring to its position when Franklin hangs out of the plane.

The blueprint has a north arrow showing us the orientation of the city-- unless the blueprint was meant to throw everyone off, which I highly doubt, the current maps are correct.

Ignaz
  • Ignaz

Zipflklatscher

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (bakerach @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 20:38)
North doesn't have to be upper side. In fact, I've been looking at the position of the sun and North could be at the left of the blueprint/map. Alamo Sea would be at the exact same place. It's difficult to predict something, but I think they've added seasons to the game. If you compare the images you might see the sun heading different directions I assume.  dozingoff.gif

The blueprint has a north arrow showing us the orientation of the city-- unless the blueprint was meant to throw everyone off, which I highly doubt, the current maps are correct.

When the blueprint is correct and comparable to the rality, where are the marks for the announced jobs, sparemissions and goodies?

I canīt noticed something on the prints what looks like that.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Von_Von @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 15:04)

What?

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:13)

I just don't get why they've got it stuck in their heads that the Alamo sea has choppy seas, wrecks of cargo ships and big sharks. 'They' have drawn it as a lake, not some coastal bay. Why can't they realise they were wrong when they thought it was the Alamo sea?

SeaFoam
  • SeaFoam

I'm pretty average for this town.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Besides the screenshot showing what's behind the Vinewood sign, is there any other evidence of the Alamo Sea being north of Los Santos?

And in that screenshot specifically, this is 100% without a doubt the Alamo Sea?

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

XDBX

• Members
  • France
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (SeaFoam @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 22:28)
Besides the screenshot showing what's behind the Vinewood sign, is there any other evidence of the Alamo Sea being north of Los Santos?

And in that screenshot specifically, this is 100% without a doubt the Alamo Sea?

Yes, it is 100% sure.

SeaFoam
  • SeaFoam

I'm pretty average for this town.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by SeaFoam, 20 June 2013 - 09:56 PM.

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 21:40)
QUOTE (SeaFoam @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 22:28)

Yes, it is 100% sure.

Besides that specific screenshot, are there any other shots or screen-caps from any of the trailers that show the Alamo Sea being north?

I just find it bizarre R* would decide to locate it there.

EDIT: Was editing the contrast of that image and I can clearly see the water now. That's what I presume it to be anyway.

Supercrammer
  • Supercrammer

'Merica

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Isn't this bottom part circled in red a lake? If so, that is probably what CVG is talking about. If you look closely, the water extends to the East through a strip around the mountain. So I think there is that lake in LS and the Alamo Sea up North still.

user posted image

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

Tokyo Drift Through The Hills

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Supercrammer @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 22:03)
Isn't this bottom part circled in red a lake? If so, that is probably what CVG is talking about. If you look closely, the water extends to the East through a strip around the mountain. So I think there is that lake in LS and the Alamo Sea up North still.

user posted image

its oil fields

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

Đ

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Why wouldn't they have made trevor live on the complete opposite side of the map from Los Santos?

Would atleast give us a fast travel/destination for crossing the map..

Supercrammer
  • Supercrammer

'Merica

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

its oil fields

That's a giant oil field. I thought that part of the map was never revealed though.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Stop listening to CVG. suicidal.gif

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 22:15)
Why wouldn't they have made trevor live on the complete opposite side of the map from Los Santos?

Would atleast give us a fast travel/destination for crossing the map..

There is nothing suggesting it's where he 'lives'. It could even be the first time Trevor is introduced in the game, it's not clear at the moment.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

I don't doubt that he was on the SE coast, but CVG were one of the few to mention the Alamo Sea. Most just said the ocean.

bobqwerty
  • bobqwerty

Long time guest

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (bakerach @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 20:38)
North doesn't have to be upper side. In fact, I've been looking at the position of the sun and North could be at the left of the blueprint/map. Alamo Sea would be at the exact same place. It's difficult to predict something, but I think they've added seasons to the game. If you compare the images you might see the sun heading different directions I assume.  dozingoff.gif

Yeah. I've seen it, but in some screens "North seems to be in the North-Est/Est" according to the sun.

You know. Seasons are the result from earth's axis being tilted. North is always...North. The position of the sun varies. That's what I meant. From the Devs point of view they wouldn't rotate the entire game world, they would change the sun position only.

bakerach
  • bakerach

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (bobqwerty @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 01:34)
Yeah. I've seen it, but in some screens "North seems to be in the North-Est/Est" according to the sun.

You know. Seasons are the result from earth's axis being tilted. North is always...North. The position of the sun varies. That's what I meant. From the  Devs point of view they wouldn't rotate the entire game world, they would change the sun position only.

Which screens are you referring to? The sun always rises in the east and sets in the west, it just goes higher in the sky during the summer and lower in the winter. I haven't seen anything that would seem to contradict the compass arrow on the blueprint, but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough.

A general rule of drafting/architecture is that every blueprint have a north arrow, so I can't imagine why Rockstar would put it there if it was incorrect.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (bakerach @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 21:08)
I haven't seen anything that would seem to contradict the compass arrow on the blueprint, but maybe I haven't been looking hard enough.

This one would:

user posted image

That would put the Alamo Sea in the east. That picture is still most likely looking north though. They probably just put the sun there to make the picture look better.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users