» «
Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,075 replies to this topic
The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

I honestly don't like Lucky Charms.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:42 AM Edited by The Leprechaun, 19 June 2013 - 03:55 AM.

QUOTE (jbte @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 19:28)
This is my map according to areas which is well known and speculative...

user posted image

In green, 100% accurate
In light green 75%
In yellow 50%
In orange 25%
In red, 0%, totally speculative

My question about your map is where does user posted image fit in, because in user posted image and user posted image show Mt. Zancudo's Alamo Sea Village being connected to a small village on the southwestern side of the Alamo Sea via a railway bridge on above a vehicular bridge below, you can even make out road which ends up connecting to the bridge in the North Alamo River. Kind of like the real Salton Sea user posted image only the east has the farmland and the west has two wildly different types of rivers to bring variety to the map. The mountain range you've got along the Alamo Sea, I think is slightly south of the southwest Alamo village and east of the bridges to the Zancudo River. I think there is more evidence showing 3 of the 4 major rivers flowing from the Alamo Sea (the exception being the Los Santos River), though I do believe there are a few creeks not easily found.

Again I love your take on the the southeast, mostly whenever I see the car driving by the wind farm image http://media.gtanet....e/V-77-1280.jpg, I believe there has to be more in that direction.
Also, sorry for the pic vomit.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

also... how would the dam work on your map? you cant have a dam of the ocean... the land is above sea level so how does this work?

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:06 AM Edited by The Leprechaun, 19 June 2013 - 04:37 AM.

QUOTE (kjacked @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 03:54)
also... how would the dam work on your map? you cant have a dam of the ocean... the land is above sea level so how does this work?

if you're talking about jbte's map, his Pacoima dam is located in the mountain just northeast of Los Santos in the green, not connected to the Zancudo River. Also, does anyone think that there is a creek between the two mountains on the right in this user posted image. The Quad bike and having fun at the Zancudo River images seem to show a mouth spilling into the Alamo Sea from these two peaks.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:21 AM Edited by omawnakw, 19 June 2013 - 04:30 AM.

^no, that is a road, just look at the GTAKiwi's, map, it was discussed many times, river is to the right of this view.

@GrandMaster Smith Screenshot with Griffith Observatory is pretty clear but if you have particular question please ask. We do not have any closer shots of that suburbs. Location of the second screen shot with Franklin was not identified, nobody knows where it is but is supposed to be in Malibu if i can remember properly.
I do not think it is at that peninsula in the Hollywood reservoir.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

how would the dam work if its not connected to a river or lake? it has to have a source

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:51 AM Edited by The Leprechaun, 19 June 2013 - 05:13 AM.

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:21)
^no, that is a road, just look at the GTAKiwi's, map, it was discussed many times, river is to the right of this view.

@GrandMaster Smith Screenshot with Griffith Observatory is pretty clear but if you have particular question please ask. We do not have any closer shots of that suburbs. Location of the second screen shot with Franklin was not identified, nobody knows where it is but is supposed to be in Malibu if i can remember properly.

I know the Alamo river is to the right of this, I am talking about a creek that feeds into the Alamo Sea. There even appears to be a bridge in the rough area of http://blog-imgs-55....st/photo001.jpg and in the above image, plus the road that goes up the smaller peak seems to be right of this view as well. I think it's coming down from both those peaks, I could be wrong, but it looks like a more 'natural' flow, like how water would come down in between two mountain. Kind of like this user posted image.

how would the dam work if its not connected to a river or lake? it has to have a source

It's connected to a reservoir, there a a few of them in the LA area, Hollywood, Pacioma, and San Gabriel are just a few that fit the profile of where the dam is. LA, for a city plagued by little water and rain, actually seems to have a pretty significant mountain based flood control system, probably because they could easily suffer flash floods from the mountains. Like the LA River flooding of 2005.

St.Marks
  • St.Marks

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 23:54)

in real life the Salton sea is below sea level, there's a difference of about 9 meters from the surface of the lake to the surface of the ocean and if it wasn't for a slight ridge created by silt deposits from the colorado river the entire valley would be part of the gulf. Before the sea's creation it was called the salton sink, similar to near by death valley. the salton sea also has no outflow, so the rivers in gta that leadto the alamo sea might not actually flow to the ocean

RandyChimp
  • RandyChimp

Agent Of Chaos

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Finally signed up after lurking for quite some time, just thought I'd say that everyone here's doing a really good job. This is one thread I check on a daily basis. Love seeing what people think the map's going to look like.

nujee
  • nujee

GTA Jedi- don't screw with the force!!!

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (The Leprechaun @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 04:51)

I know the Alamo river is to the right of this, I am talking about a creek that feeds into the Alamo Sea. There even appears to be a bridge in the rough area of http://blog-imgs-55....st/photo001.jpg and in the above image, plus the road that goes up the smaller peak seems to be right of this view as well. I think it's coming down from both those peaks, I could be wrong, but it looks like a more 'natural' flow, like how water would come down in between two mountain. Kind of like this user posted image.

It's connected to a reservoir, there a a few of them in the LA area, Hollywood, Pacioma, and San Gabriel are just a few that fit the profile of where the dam is. LA, for a city plagued by little water and rain, actually seems to have a pretty significant mountain based flood control system, probably because they could easily suffer flash floods from the mountains. Like the LA River flooding of 2005.

Yup I see what you mean. There is something there that doesn't go in a line like a road.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

There could be a road and river running parallel.

Seems to be a road bridge here that could go over a river outlet.
user posted image

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 12:16)

user posted image

That definetly looks like a bridge. Never even noticed that in the original, nice colour manipulation.

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (GourangaMaster @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:41)
QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 12:16)

user posted image

That definetly looks like a bridge. Never even noticed that in the original, nice colour manipulation.

Man,...imagine standing there, looking up the mountains,... It will be so huge!!!!

aqwaqwaqw8
  • aqwaqwaqw8

I guess it was the weather..

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:52 PM Edited by aqwaqwaqw8, 19 June 2013 - 01:55 PM.

sorry posted on wrong thread

OUPS
  • OUPS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hello smile.gif

Bridge: Red
water: blue

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

rafi_rvayy
  • rafi_rvayy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (OUPS @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:19)
Hello smile.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

nice find.. icon14.gif

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (rafi_rvayy @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:38)
Hello smile.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

nice find.. icon14.gif

We already know this.

OUPS
  • OUPS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 17:21)
QUOTE (rafi_rvayy @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:38)
Hello smile.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

nice find.. icon14.gif

We already know this.

Maybe, but the river is not on the maps of fido, gtakiwi, jtbe and other (translated by google)

Peut etre mais la rivière n'est pas sur les maps de fido, gtakiwi, jtbe et autre

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

^Because this was discussed and it was concluded that the gray stripe is not a river but a road. The bridge also was spotted a long time ago when this screenshot released, bridge does not require a river, it could be over the little bay or just a ditch. If it is a river then the part of dirt road under the 'at' in viewfinder shot looks levitating above it.

PTG_
  • PTG_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

The guys at CVG just posted a video and at the 12 minute mark they say that Rockstar said the place where Trevor woke up (near the Alamo Sea) is in the southeast part of the map. http://youtu.be/Xiax89PO7_U?t=12m17s

user posted image

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

My guess is they were always wrong about it being the Alamo sea. The part with sharks and crashed ships was obviously in the ocean anyway.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Strange..... what if the Alamo Sea is more southeast then we think? Or unlike us, all the game reviewers are horrible at their job and get directions and names wrong.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

lol i get how the dam works in real life! im asking how does the dam on his map work if it has no source?

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:11)
Strange..... what if the Alamo Sea is more southeast then we think?  Or unlike us, all the game reviewers are horrible at their job and get directions and names wrong.

If it was the Alamo sea, which I don't think it was, they never talked about Trevor travelling down a river to get to the shark infested waters, they just said he travelled down the coast, which makes no sense if he was in a lake.

In their map they drew the source of the large dam as being the ocean, in other words the sea level would be around the height of the sky scrapers. It's best not to take anything they say seriously, they do have some good info but when it gets combined with guesswork it ruins it.

webbo254
  • webbo254

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:34)
Strange..... what if the Alamo Sea is more southeast then we think?  Or unlike us, all the game reviewers are horrible at their job and get directions and names wrong.

If it was the Alamo sea, which I don't think it was, they never talked about Trevor travelling down a river to get to the shark infested waters, they just said he travelled down the coast, which makes no sense if he was in a lake.

In their map they drew the source of the large dam as being the ocean, in other words the sea level would be around the height of the sky scrapers. It's best not to take anything they say seriously, they do have some good info but when it gets combined with guesswork it ruins it.

Its hard to tell how confident they were but they said that the R* rep said they were in the south east area of the map when they were with Trevor.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by zombie elvis, 19 June 2013 - 09:56 PM.

QUOTE (webbo254 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:40)

Its hard to tell how confident they were but they said that the R* rep said they were in the south east area of the map when they were with Trevor.

I can believe that part, but they say 'we sort of felt it was on the edge of the Alamo Sea', it doesn't sound like anyone told them that. All the other previews just say Trevor wakes up on a beach.

webbo254
  • webbo254

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:53)
QUOTE (webbo254 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:40)

I can believe that part, but they say 'we sort of felt it was on the edge of the Alamo Sea', it doesn't sound like anyone told them that. All the other previews just say Trevor wakes up on a beach.

Yeah I suppose its easy to assume that it is where the screenshot is taken of Trevor on the beach holding the gun with the dead body, kind of looks like a lake rather than out at sea but like you say we don't know if its the same location or not.

SeaFoam
  • SeaFoam

I'm pretty average for this town.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Could be totally unrelated but, wouldn't that presentation of Trevor waking up around the bodies make more sense being around the Alamo Sea? Taking into consideration that's Trevor's 'area' for the lack of a better word.

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 21:26)

lol i get how the dam works in real life! im asking how does the dam on his map work if it has no source?

I see it as collecting water from the small surrounding hills. Mountain lakes are quite common as there tends to be higher rainfall at higher altitudes.

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (kjacked @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 19:26)

Although I agree with this, I prefer not to think scientifically about it. How can we have Sherman Dam in GTASA's Tierra Robada? In the desert, no high mountain to provide snow, very low occurency of rain? biggrin.gif

MAP: http://media.gtanet..../images/map.gif

webbo254
  • webbo254

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (SeaFoam @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 22:37)
Could be totally unrelated but, wouldn't that presentation of Trevor waking up around the bodies make more sense being around the Alamo Sea? Taking into consideration that's Trevor's 'area' for the lack of a better word.

Thats what I assumed that he was by the Alamo sea but R* told the CVG guys that when they woke up as Trevor they were in the south east area of the island. That would mean that Alamo sea is in the south east area of the map.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users