» «
Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,074 replies to this topic
omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:46 AM Edited by omawnakw, 16 June 2013 - 11:52 AM.

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:18)
QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:13)
By the way, does anybody know on what real life prison is the on in V based on?

There was many variants and even a separate thread, you could search for it yourself because I did not saved a link and too lazy to do it now. There many similar prisons all around so-cal.

I've found the link! Here is my post:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062372909

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:46)
QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:18)

There was many variants and even a separate thread, you could search for it yourself because I did not saved a link and too lazy to do it now. There many similar prisons all around so-cal.

I've found the link! Here is my post:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062372909

Thanks!

Here's an updated version of the dividing area:
user posted image

JForce06
  • JForce06

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (rafi_rvayy @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:21)
by the way is the los santos and blaine county is the whole map? or it is only partially of the whole map?

unconfirmed. Some think it is, some think it isn't.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

Is it possible that we can map a portion of Blaine county quite accurately with the new crop duster screenshot?

I can paint quite a good mental picture of what's just behind los Santos but I don't have the tools to map it out.

NickRooz
  • NickRooz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (artificialguy @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 10:21)
QUOTE (GeckIXProductions @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 04:50)
Has the Los Angeles Convention Center been located?

I made a topc but no one replied, so I thought I'd ask it here.  smile.gif

I think we haven't seen it yet, but there is a chance it's somewhere south of the Downtown.

A lot of iconic buildings will probably not be there, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dodger Stadium, we still haven't seen Union Station.

Union Station should be in, even SA had it. Otherwise I'm disappointed.

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:38)

Cool man icon14.gif

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (JForce06 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 08:37)
by the way is the los santos and blaine county is the whole map?  or it is only partially of the whole map?

NO, it is confirmed by rockstar themselves. It's just people think their will be something else. ( probably other towns, beaches and what not)

NickRooz
  • NickRooz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:01 PM Edited by NickRooz, 16 June 2013 - 04:07 PM.

QUOTE (dxbrandon @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 15:45)
QUOTE (JForce06 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 08:37)
by the way is the los santos and blaine county is the whole map?  or it is only partially of the whole map?

NO, it is confirmed by rockstar themselves. It's just people think their will be something else. ( probably other towns, beaches and what not)

Do you want to play GTA, since your advertising Watch Dogs ,even saying it will be GOTY?

Aqsin
  • Aqsin

gta-five.pl

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Easy, dxbrandon is kid and troll

PUSClFER
  • PUSClFER

D♥B

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

I haven't seen these two pictures together before in this thread, but forgive me if this is already known.
user posted image

Isn't this the same mountain, just that it's taken from two slightly different angles?

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Aqsin @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 12:40)
Easy, dxbrandon is kid and troll

Kid?Troll? Lmao what a fanboy. Calm down.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:50 PM Edited by omawnakw, 16 June 2013 - 05:58 PM.

^^ @PUSClFER Yep, this was identified long time ago here and the new shot released in PlayStation blog and then by R* just confirmed it.
The mountain you marked is known as Alamo here, because it is located to the north near the Alamo sea. You can see it in the Fido's and GTAKiwi's maps in the 1st post of this thread (scroll down, it's large). Also check out the links to the other important information in this thread http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062637126

@dxbrandon theirs posts are dumb nonsense and off topic, as well as your last one. If you think it is off topic just click "report post" and write a comment to moderator. Or pm that ignoramuses, and say what you think that way.

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

I honestly don't like Lucky Charms.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

I think it's the Lancaster Prison in Lancaster, California. http://www.cdcr.ca.g...ts/LAC_8x10.jpg

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 13:50)
^^ @PUSClFER Yep, this was identified long time ago here and the new shot released in PlayStation blog and then by R* just confirmed it.
The mountain you marked is known as Alamo here, because it is located to the north near the Alamo sea. You can see it in the Fido's and GTAKiwi's maps in the 1st post of this thread. Also check out the links to the other important information in this thread http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062637126

@dxbrandon theirs posts are dumb nonsense and off topic, as well as your last one. If you think it is off topic just click "report post" and write a comment to moderator. Or pm that ignoramuses, and say what you think that way.

Sorry about that. icon14.gif

PUSClFER
  • PUSClFER

D♥B

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 18:50)
^^ @PUSClFER  Yep, this was identified long time ago here and the new shot released in PlayStation blog and then by R* just confirmed it.
The mountain you marked is known as Alamo here, because it is located to the north near the Alamo sea. You can see it in the Fido's and GTAKiwi's maps in the 1st post of this thread. Also check out the links to the other important information in this thread http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062637126

Typical. biggrin.gif

You don't happen to have the source of Rockstar confirming it?

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by omawnakw, 16 June 2013 - 09:50 PM.

QUOTE (PUSClFER @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 17:58)
QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 18:50)
^^ @PUSClFER  Yep, this was identified long time ago here and the new shot released in PlayStation blog and then by R* just confirmed it.

Typical. biggrin.gif

You don't happen to have the source of Rockstar confirming it?

Confirming what? I do not think Rockstar have a time or interest in confirming the correctness of the maps created here. The only name of mountain confirmed by R* via press-people is Josiah which is likely the mountain known as Zancudo here, because, like in the Alamo case, it is located near the Zancudo river. The name of the Alamo Sea is also confirmed. GTAKiwi's map was confirmed by CVG guys like a sufficiently accurate but now we know that guys know even less than we here.

UPD: the only thing I know R* confirmed about the screen shots is that they did not cut that mountain with hikers in the 1st trailer, which is likely the north face of Alamo mt.
maybe my sentence about screen shot and confirmation was not clear. I meant that it was confirmed by the screen shot that was released by Sony after E3 press-conference and than released by Rockstar
via the V's official site and newswire.

UPDATE2: Here I made 2 panoramas of the desert area, it is all clear about the first one, but the questions rises again and again about the airstrip so I made this pan and marked peaks, lettering is the same as in GTAKiwi's map.
Click on image for full-res.
user posted image

So we have Vinewood hills to the left and Zancudo mountain to the right:
user posted image

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

Don't let this fall down to the 2nd page.

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by lightningun, 17 June 2013 - 12:14 AM.

QUOTE (PUSClFER @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 17:43)
I haven't seen these two pictures together before in this thread, but forgive me if this is already known.
http://i.imgur.com/YPoTedU.jpg

Isn't this the same mountain, just that it's taken from two slightly different angles?

If that is correct, then the placement of the Alamo sea and sandy shores need to be updated on the op
user posted image
user posted image

I know the prison and satellite dishes are place correctly based on the skydive picture, and the helicopter near the vinewood sign, this means that the areas that have been marked in the above pictures are either facing a different direction or in a different location altogether

sorry for the bad scribbling, using ms paint, too lazy to do some real editing

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:14 AM Edited by luceberg, 17 June 2013 - 12:18 AM.

@omawnakw, you deserve a medal for all the effort you put in to keep some sense in this topic, really well done. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

@lightningun , completely wrong. That is already shown on the map. It is the inlet on the east coast.

lightningun
  • lightningun

...Rage...

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (luceberg @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 00:14)
@omawnakw, you deserve a medal for all the effort you put in to keep some sense in this topic, really well done. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

@lightningun , completely wrong. That is already shown on the map. It is the inlet on the east coast.

look at the direction the camera is facing in both shots, it looks like the same place but from farther away and lower to the ground, but you might be correct because now that im looking at it, the big mountain looks a bit angled. thanks for the clarification anyways icon14.gif

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (lightningun @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 00:10)

If that is correct

It's more like this:
user posted image

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

Do you all think that there is a river on the far right side of this screenshot

user posted image

and that this river leads to the ocean in this screenshot

user posted image

and also that a stream branches off the river, flows through Grapeseed and into the Alamo Sea

If you don't believe there is a river in first screenshot, then where does the river we see in the second screenshot come from?

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:07)

and also that a stream branches off the river, flows through Grapeseed and into the Alamo Sea

I don't understand that part, the river is coming from the Alamo Sea and flows through Grapeseed..

user posted image

I'm seeing road, river and rail.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

user posted image

I have a couple questions on the above screenshot and 5:01-5:08 of trailer above

1. At 5:08 in trailer, is the mountain seen at very top right, the large mountain near Alamo Sea?

2. When Trevor is on the train, he is heading anti clockwise around the map because the ocean is on his right, is this right?

3. Is Trevor heading North along East coast, heading West, along North coast or heading South along West coast?

4. How long is Trevor on the train would you guess? From the moment we see him at 5:01, to the moment he jumps off at 5:08. He has moved towards the front of the train in between the edit, but not that much.

5. Which direction is the train heading when he jumps off?

I have a few more questions but they escape me at the moment, might add them once remember them

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:24)
QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:07)

I don't understand that part, the river is coming from the Alamo Sea and flows through Grapeseed..

user posted image

I'm seeing road, river and rail.

Ok, so the river in second screenshot comes from the stream/river that flows out of Alamo Sea and through Grapeseed?

So, do you think we will have 3 rivers that flow out of the Alamo Sea and head towards the ocean and that there will be no rivers that flow into the Alamo Sea?

The Alamo Sea is the source of all the rivers? And no rivers originate on mountains?

If that is how it is, do you wish that it was not true and that instead we had mountain rivers and waterfalls?

Example a river flowing from N side of Alamo mountain and into Alamo Sea and another river flowing from Zancudo mountain also into Alamo Sea and then a river leading out of Alamo Sea through the parachute/train valley out to ocean

I would prefer rivers flowing in and out of Alamo, coming from mountains, not just rivers flowing out of Alamo

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:38)
So, do you think we will have 3 rivers that flow out of the Alamo Sea and head towards the ocean and that there will be no rivers that flow into the Alamo Sea?

The Alamo Sea is the source of all the rivers? And no rivers originate on mountains?

If that is how it is, do you wish that it was not true and that instead we had mountain rivers and waterfalls?

Example a river flowing from N side of Alamo mountain and into Alamo Sea and another river flowing from Zancudo mountain also into Alamo Sea and then a river leading out of Alamo Sea through the parachute/train valley out to ocean

I would prefer rivers flowing in and out of Alamo, coming from mountains, not just rivers flowing out of Alamo

I think there'll be a river going into the Alamo somewhere under the biplane's propeller.

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 01:30)

user posted image

I have a couple questions on the above screenshot and 5:01-5:08 of trailer above

1. At 5:08 in trailer, is the mountain seen at very top right, the large mountain near Alamo Sea?

2. When Trevor is on the train, he is heading anti clockwise around the map because the ocean is on his right, is this right?

3. Is Trevor heading North along East coast, heading West, along North coast or heading South along West coast?

4. How long is Trevor on the train would you guess? From the moment we see him at 5:01, to the moment he jumps off at 5:08. He has moved towards the front of the train in between the edit, but not that much.

I have a few more questions but they escape me at the moment, might add them once remember them

im not sure why but i always assumed this plane was headed north up the east coast. i have absolutely nothing to back that up, thats just where my brain placed it in my head when i first saw it. the thing i love about that screen is how you can see lots of things beneath the surface of the water to explore. cant wait to go treasure hunting or shoot a shark

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:47)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:38)
QUOTE (Kaster @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 01:19)
SO ALAMO SEA IS A DEAD SEA??

WOW CAN'TT BELIVE THIS.... I THINK THAT TE MAP WILL BE HUGE, I DON'T LIKE THAT SEA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAP.

The Salton Sea in real life is 'dead' as the salt-level is too high for both humans and animals, ergo the place is filled with dead fish and other desolate scenes.

Interesting 6-minute video to get you into the vibe of the place, and the vibe it'll have in GTA V.

And it seems not to be dead in the game because if so, all rivers flows from it should be 'dead'. And the vegetation channel we see in the recent shot with yellow cropduster will be misconception too.

I believe the Alamo sea is a mixture of the Salton Sea and the San Gabriel Reservoir....

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:02 AM Edited by zombie elvis, 17 June 2013 - 02:20 AM.

No, it's the other big one.

Yes.

You first see him going west along the North coast, alongside the road, it looks like this is near the N-E corner of the map.

Guessing he has gone along 75% of the North coast once he gets to the bridge, but hard to say.

His train is going south-ish. The trains are probably only supposed to go clockwise, and his is going the wrong direction.

Wreak Havoc in Los Santos
  • Wreak Havoc in Los Santos

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

map is small as hell

damn

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users