Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,071 replies to this topic
Noodleman
  • Noodleman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Looks like im losing this battle, I'll succumb to the majority vote cryani.gif

Just gagging for some fresh info, rainy day here so can't help but checking the forums all the time

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Noodleman @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 21:54)
I think they're trees growing on the close bank (their height makes them look like they're in the middle) plus wouldn't think cars would spawn that far away

Yeah, I see trees grow along the line but still do not think it is a river, but is an illusion of a river smile.gif
If it is a river that hill reflected should be very flat and should repeat river's bending.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:01)
QUOTE (Noodleman @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 21:54)
I think they're trees growing on the close bank (their height makes them look like they're in the middle) plus wouldn't think cars would spawn that far away

Yeah, I see trees grow along the line but still do not think it is a river, but is an illusion of a river smile.gif
If it is a river that hill reflected should be very flat and should repeat river's bending.

Just dirt between a divided highway I think.

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (xerodas @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 09:57)
QUOTE (Sockpuppet @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 02:48)
Hey guys, so I was thinking about the map and I'm pretty sure it looks like this:

user posted image

I don't have any evidence, except that one of the signs said something about balls and there was a screenshot where the clouds kinda looked like this, only upside down, but gosh, the more I think about how many cities I want to be in the game, the more I think R* was sending us secret messages and it probably has to be 100% true!

What do you think?  monocle.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif   monocle.gif   biggrin.gif

Tokyo seems more like italy biggrin.gif

Oh my god im so sad most people dont get this. Im f*cking dying, especially that the bay cities and the mars LOL.

Definitely legit, whoever doesnt believe this map probably has down syndrome.

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

SO ALAMO SEA IS A DEAD SEA??

WOW CAN'TT BELIVE THIS.... I THINK THAT TE MAP WILL BE HUGE, I DON'T LIKE THAT SEA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAP.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Kaster @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 01:19)

WOW CAN'TT BELIVE THIS.... I THINK THAT TE MAP WILL BE HUGE, I DON'T LIKE THAT SEA IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAP.

The Salton Sea in real life is 'dead' as the salt-level is too high for both humans and animals, ergo the place is filled with dead fish and other desolate scenes.

Interesting 6-minute video to get you into the vibe of the place, and the vibe it'll have in GTA V.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Ne0nLiteZ @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:16)
Hey guys, so I was thinking about the map and I'm pretty sure it looks like this:

user posted image

I don't have any evidence, except that one of the signs said something about balls and there was a screenshot where the clouds kinda looked like this, only upside down, but gosh, the more I think about how many cities I want to be in the game, the more I think R* was sending us secret messages and it probably has to be 100% true!

What do you think?  monocle.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif   monocle.gif   biggrin.gif

Oh my god im so sad most people dont get this. Im f*cking dying, especially that the bay cities and the mars LOL.

I have also noticed that liberty city looks like a fist with the middle finger up.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:38)

The Salton Sea in real life is 'dead' as the salt-level is too high for both humans and animals, ergo the place is filled with dead fish and other desolate scenes.

Interesting 6-minute video to get you into the vibe of the place, and the vibe it'll have in GTA V.

And it seems not to be dead in the game because if so, all rivers flows from it should be 'dead'. And the vegetation channel we see in the recent shot with yellow cropduster will be misconception too.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 01:47)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:38)

And it seems not to be dead in the game because if so, all rivers flows from it should be dead too. And the vegetation channel we see in the shot with yellow cropduster will be misconception too.

No but I'm sure there will be another reason given in the narrative why such a rundown post-apocalyptic area is adjacent to such a beautiful body of water. I'm really interested to see how they thought this out.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Haha, yeah, would be fun if they put a Sprunk factory on the shore and gigantic mutant fish in the Sea.

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

Girly boy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by flyboy7, 16 June 2013 - 01:03 AM.

QUOTE (Kaster @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 16:09)
QUOTE (flyboy7 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 15:16)
QUOTE (flyboy7 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 06:08)
user posted image

My apologies if this has been pointed out before. I just realized that the mountain in the first trailer could be the back side of this mountain north of Alamo Sea, seen from a different angle. Correct me if I'm wrong but up until now this mountain in the first trailer has not been able to be placed on the map.

Great Scott! !! That's brilliant!

Maybe not, there is no curve in the second shot

IT'S clearly indicated and it is a well known fact that it's the same mountain. The only thing left to speculation is whether the hiking scene is at the back of that mountain North of Alamo

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:13 AM Edited by RockStarNiko, 16 June 2013 - 01:28 AM.

QUOTE (Noodleman @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 20:40)
Has anyone placed this river yet?...

user posted image

I think it could be a river.

The source could be somewhere on the other side of the large mountain.

So it flows ~E and then turns S (the part we can see), then it may split into river and smaller stream/tributary.

The stream flows through grapeseed into the Alamo Sea and the river flows out towards the ocean, seen here

user posted image

Then from the Alamo Sea it flows out of Alamo Sea those mountains on left of screenshot (where we see parachute and train etc)

As for the Zancudo River, does it flow towards the Alamo Sea or is it another outflow?

I am not sure but it could be another inflow and the source of that river is somewhere on Zancudo mountain

So, there would be a river and a stream that flow into the Alamo Sea and an outlet that flows ~NW through the parachute mountains

I think the Zancudo River is flowing into the Alamo Sea, because not only does it appear that the land and river are going downhill away from us in this screenshot

user posted image

Also it would make more sense to have a river and stream as inflow and a large river as outflow

In this screenshot I always thought this river was flowing INTO the Alamo Sea because it was so wide and normally rivers widen as they go.

user posted image

But if this river is the one and only outflow for Alamo Sea it would explain why it is so wide

Finally if you look at that screenshot still of hikers looking at huge mountain, if it is the other side of Alamo, then the river might originate on top of the rocks that stick out behind trees on left and then flow downhill via waterfalls

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

If pause trailer at ~2:18, is the large mountain behind Trevor's hand the large Alamo Sea mountain?

It has two nobbles, one higher than the other and in trailer is the smaller nobble to the left and so this mean we are ~NW of Alamo sea mountain?

This would mean NW of Alamo sea mountain there is a decent sized desert area

Also, on the right there seems to be some structure, could this be the military base?

If we are NW of Alamo sea mountain then that structure would be on the west of the map, it make sense if military base was in desert region too

GeckIXProductions
  • GeckIXProductions

IX

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:50 AM

Has the Los Angeles Convention Center been located?

I made a topc but no one replied, so I thought I'd ask it here. smile.gif

C4RR4NZ4
  • C4RR4NZ4

Peerless

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:46)

user posted image

I have also noticed that liberty city looks like a fist with the middle finger up.

Shouldn't this be in the news section? I mean its too legit, how did you get your hands on the official map OP? icon14.gif

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

I honestly don't like Lucky Charms.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:52 AM Edited by The Leprechaun, 16 June 2013 - 07:46 AM.

Fido, I think you should add a dirt road heading west on the south side of the north Alamo river, because you can see it in these images http://media.gtanet....ullsize/271.jpg and http://media.gtanet....e/V-79-1280.jpg . which you can see a similar slope from the north side of Zancudo Mountain (Josiah) south of the bridge, just before it becomes almost a straight shot to that community. The other thing is I believe that dirt road leads to the one seen on the south side of the north Alamo river in the parachuting screenshots, as it seems to be dipping, and as GTA 5o'clock mentioned, snaking by the river. This eventually leads to being under the 'Bixby Bridge' as seen in one of the trailers of Franklin Sanchez racing, probably along the north side of Zancudo Mountain. In addition as others have pointed out the 'Lost MC' trailer park is most likely located on the east side of the Zancudo Mountain (Josiah), with fencing (my guess due to the scene where Trevor is beating a guy with a baseball bat in his trailer). Somewhat small modifications, but I feel strongly that what I am saying isn't very speculative.

Also, sorry for being verbose, but I don't have any good visual editing programs.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

The dirt road south of the Alamo River is already on my map. It's maybe a bit hard to see though wink.gif

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:09 AM Edited by The Leprechaun, 16 June 2013 - 08:16 AM.

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 08:06)
The dirt road south of the Alamo River is already on my map. It's maybe a bit hard to see though wink.gif

The one that runs the length of the Alamo river? Also, good job on the map.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (C4RR4NZ4 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 05:40)
QUOTE (Red XIII @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:46)

user posted image

Shouldn't this be in the news section? I mean its too legit, how did you get your hands on the official map OP? icon14.gif

5 years wait and we get 1 city and some country...

now THIS (^^^) is the kinda map we deserve!!! even if it does look like swearing, ball n dick, a leg and mars (mars looks like its being held by hands 'cupping it'). I like it icon14.gif D Houser should take note of this. LOOK AT THAT LAND MASS!!!!! inlove.gif

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Nevermind I see it.

hachiroku
  • hachiroku

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hey guys, Have you noticed this?

Yeah, ok, no more cities, but, there is 250km from L.A. Downtown to Salto Sea. And 290km from Las Vegas to Salton Sea. Itīs only about 40-50km of diference., LV could be in the north extreme perfectly.

And the big mountain (sorry, I didnīt study the name) in the north of Alamo Sea itīs hidding the city. Of course, itīs not because the freaks of the forums, itīs beacuse we could see LS from LV, and this could be a little stupid.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Tremendous job so far, Fido ! icon14.gif icon14.gif

So, is Bay city supossed to be a copy of the city or it's a rough guess that it's in? And is it as big?

If only that was the actual map ... inlove.gif

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:51 AM Edited by omawnakw, 16 June 2013 - 09:09 AM.

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 02:01)

If pause trailer at ~2:18, is the large mountain behind Trevor's hand the large Alamo Sea mountain?

It has two nobbles, one higher than the other and in trailer is the smaller nobble to the left and so this mean we are ~NW of Alamo sea mountain?

This would mean NW of Alamo sea mountain there is a decent sized desert area

Also, on the right there seems to be some structure, could this be the military base?

If we are NW of Alamo sea mountain then that structure would be on the west of the map, it make sense if military base was in desert region too

The runway you pointing to is near the satellite dishes, we even have numbered them so you can assume how this runway placed relatively:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062481994 dishes and runway w. illustation 2
http://www.gtaforums...entry1062466701 dishes and runway w. illistration
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062466316 dishes and runway the idea
user posted image

UPD: or if you pointing to the small triangular mountain behind Trevor, I think it is located not so far from there. Same mountain (you can even see the same wiring in the background of the 1st shot):
user posted image
user posted image

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

By the looks of it, this is the border that separates the desert from the verdant areas:

user posted image

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

^Looks like the green zone raises above the rest of land there.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 09:36)
^Looks like the green zone raises above the rest of land there.

Seems like it.

artificialguy
  • artificialguy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (GeckIXProductions @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 04:50)
Has the Los Angeles Convention Center been located?

I made a topc but no one replied, so I thought I'd ask it here.  smile.gif

I think we haven't seen it yet, but there is a chance it's somewhere south of the Downtown.

A lot of iconic buildings will probably not be there, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dodger Stadium, we still haven't seen Union Station.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

By the way, does anybody know on what real life prison is the on in V based on?

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by omawnakw, 16 June 2013 - 11:23 AM.

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 11:13)
By the way, does anybody know on what real life prison is the on in V based on?

There was many variants and even a separate thread, you could search for it yourself because I did not saved a link and too lazy to do it now. There many similar prisons all around so-cal.

rafi_rvayy
  • rafi_rvayy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

by the way is the los santos and blaine county is the whole map? or it is only partially of the whole map?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users