Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

25,982 replies to this topic
WertyRO
  • WertyRO

Roleplayer : Cop and G'

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Hope it helps you a bit.
In the new screen, the Verdant Bluffs observatory from GTA SA can be spotted.

user posted image

GTA SAN ANDREAS Verdant Bluffs Mansion :

user posted image

Don't know if it was known yet biggrin.gif

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:38 AM Edited by KidAmnesiac42, 14 June 2013 - 08:53 AM.

QUOTE (Kaster @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 23:01)
user posted image

This bridge is based off of the Bridge to Nowhere which can be found in Azusa Canyon, Los Angeles, Ca.

user posted image
application screenshot

This bridge is literally a bridge to nowhere:user posted image
It's apart of the San Gabriel Mountains, which we all know the majority of the mountain ranges are based on.

user posted image
prntscr
user posted image
screenshot app

Random side note: I honestly believe the Alamo sea is also based off of the San Gabriel Reservoir as much as it based off of the Salton Sea. This could explain that new screenshot of the Alamo see and the "supposed" aqueduct at the western end.

user posted image
screenshot tool

user posted image
how to screenshot on windows
This part of the reservoir resembles the waterfalls we see under the bridges west of the Alamo sea: user posted image
screen capture

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

As i have told gtav map is small.smaller that san andreas.even if we included explorable interior and water areas.we can see the sea sky limit.there is nothing beyond the mountain range.very liitle space in north of the map.we are all fooled.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Smaller than GTA SA ?
Seriously, I'm saving your post to bring it back come September 17th.

Maybe it's smaller than you thought but I can assure you it is way bigger than San Andreas wink.gif

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (sats @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 08:43)
As i have told gtav map is small.smaller that san andreas.even if we included explorable interior and water areas.we can see the sea sky limit.there is nothing beyond the mountain range.very liitle space in north of the map.we are all fooled.

They have stated several times that the draw distance has been greatly improved.

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (KidAmnesiac42 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 08:55)

They have stated several times that the draw distance has been greatly improved.

but we can see no land behind mountain range north of alamo sea.we can see only the sea.the countryside is very smaller.

LTA1992
  • LTA1992

The Fanged Brave, KyoryuRed

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

The V map can't be smaller than SA. Los Sandos is the same size as Liberty City and that was about 3/4 the size of SA.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:35 AM Edited by omawnakw, 14 June 2013 - 09:39 AM.

@Kaster
"this bridge is not in the end of map because is not at sea level"
I've already said about stupid manner of not verifying your thoughts. This bridge was discussed hunderds pages ago, and it's assumed that its real-life prototype is Bixby Creek Bridge. So your though is meaningless. Even if it is not Bixby.

@esato
Why-why-why. I want to be angry too. When I joined this thread it was about 250 pages here, and I've reviewed all of them before posting. Maybe I didn't got something but at least I've got an overall view about things spotted.
All the monkey noobs came here didn't even try to read the current page before to post those stupid wishFOOL thinking comments.
@esato, @alastor_91, @KawakSallas shame on you guys. I've already asked here to look at the maps pinned in the first page and to review Fido's flickr album. That's not a river, that is Hollywood Reservoir.

@USAPatriot, @Sockpuppet, I believe the Bay City exists because there is a screen shot with Trevor in a small town where drugstore sign says 'Bay ...'. That was discussed a long time ago.

@lazloisdavrock, cool, thank you!

@TheKrigeron, maybe because of awful moderation, a quarter of comments is a noobs speculation and another quarter is children's whining about the city size. I think that people should be banned once and for all.

@zeq2mapper, the most stupid thoughts about fake ever.

I'm tired of that.

The Leprechaun
  • The Leprechaun

I honestly don't like Lucky Charms.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

You should pick up SA again and compare it to V, like Santa Maria Beach has twelve houses (though some are smaller than a Helo) in SA. Now take V, as in Micheal's trailer you can count as much, if not more, and they are bigger, taller, and there is a parking lot larger than the one in SA. Muscle Beach is smaller, by I eyeball estimate, half. 'Long Beach' is about twice the size with twice as many roads, and three ships instead of one. The Los Santos River is probably at least 60% longer. SA Downtown takes up about twice as much as V's, but with roughly the same buildings within. And there about the same amount of blocks in the hood as SA, but it doesn't take up a third of Los Santos. The moved Griffith Park out of Los Santos proper and added a Reservoir and small community. Mulholland and Richaman seem to have grown by half, and Vinewood isn't a measly 4-6 blocks. Marina (likely Marina Del Sol), has added a few docks and a man made looking bay to the strip it used to be. Throughout Los Santos, I can't see a single thing that has shrunken from screenshots, and the Blueprint map, and that is just Los Santos. Just look at the previews. The Zancudo River Valley is huge, as is Blaine County (before the Alamo Sea), an the Alamo Sea itself has to be at least as big as Algonquin. If this map isn't as big as R* says, I'll be quite surprised (and this doesn't include underground, underwater, or under a roof).

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

Girly boy

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (zeq2mapper @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 04:49)
QUOTE (lazloisdavrock @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 00:16)
Have fun guys.

user posted image

"There is a new picture being circulated and its entirely fake. By zooming in on the background you can see that the buildings and the mountain ranges are placed in there to simulate GTA 5's map. Whoever made it thaught that by blurring the image it wouldnt be noticable. http://s10.postimg.o...new_screen.jpg"

Apparently it's fake.

actually this guy who said it was fake was probably a fake person. Probably joined a few days ago just to gain attention. bravo.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:14 AM Edited by GTAaLEX117, 14 June 2013 - 11:17 AM.

How exactly do you know this? I'm sorry but you have no valid evidence whatsoever that we are "fooled".
Secondly, Los Santos alone is about 1/3 of the SA map, so even if it's 1/4 or 1/6 of the map, the whole map will be easily bigger than SA.

but we can see no land behind mountain range north of alamo sea.we can see only the sea.the countryside is very smaller.

We can't see land because the mountain is blocking our view...therefore there is no land? And you haven't even seen the whole countryside...

SergioBel
  • SergioBel

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

City small. The picture is made above the city. From the satellite the city will look absolutely small. Dont stupid.
The area from different height, distances
user posted image

user posted image

Boss7dm
  • Boss7dm

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (LTA1992 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 09:09)

The V map can't be smaller than SA. Los Sandos is the same size as Liberty City and that was about 3/4 the size of SA.

GTA San Andreas is 2x bigger than GTA IV.

And yes, this map looks really smaller than i expected, but it's ok, all i want is a good vibe in the game ,with a lot things to do, interiors, etc

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (SergioBel @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 11:34)
City small. The picture is made above the city. From the satellite the city will look absolutely small. Dont stupid.
The area from different height, distances
http://i.minus.com/jbaQngl2yT7K6E.jpg
http://i.minus.com/j3AZRYNRxcXlm.jpg

That kind of proves the contrary. The huge beach area in the first screenshot looks very small from the helicopter view which is only a couple of hundred meters away...

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

The blindfanboys of rockstar should stop blindly defending rockstar.rockstar is not hiding anything to the west east or south of los santos.there is an empty mountain range and an empty saltwater lake with small farmfield to its right and an empty desert below it with some houses.nothing else.the map is too small.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (sats @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 11:41)
The blindfanboys of rockstar should stop blindly defending rockstar.rockstar is not hiding anything to the west east or south of los santos.there is an empty mountain range and an empty saltwater lake with small farmfield to its right and an empty desert below it with some houses.nothing else.the map is too small.

You trolls are so annoying. The simple fact is that you haven't even seen the map and yet you try to pass on your assumptions as facts. The sad part is you expect people to believe you and you call them fanboys if they don't.
Honestly, I think I'll listen to Rockstar, CVG and the other companies that have seen the game and say that the map is massive, rather than a troll.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:48 AM Edited by GourangaMaster, 14 June 2013 - 11:57 AM.

Please stop poisoning this thread with map size quarrels. Take that toxic dead end argument elsewhere. This is a mapping thread and im sick of seeing it being constantly derailed by these vapid back and forths.

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 11:46)

You trolls are so annoying. The simple fact is that you haven't even seen the map and yet you try to pass on your assumptions as facts. The sad part is you expect people to believe you and you call them fanboys if they don't.
Honestly, I think I'll listen to Rockstar, CVG and the other companies that have seen the game and say that the map is massive, rather than a troll.

Rockstar said red dead redemption is twice bigger than san andreas.but san andreas map was twice bigger than red dead redemptions map.kepp believing Rockstar.they only want ur money.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (sats @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 11:49)

Rockstar said red dead redemption is twice bigger than san andreas.but san andreas map was twice bigger than red dead redemptions map.kepp believing Rockstar.they only want ur money.

I've seen arguments on that topic for years, and I haven't seen any definitive answer because the games are just way too different to be compared.
"Ur" on a forum about one of their products, if you don't believe them or if you don't believe the game is going to be good why are you even here?

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 11:53)
QUOTE (sats @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 11:49)

I've seen arguments on that topic for years, and I haven't seen any definitive answer because the games are just way too different to be compared.
"Ur" on a forum about one of their products, if you don't believe them or if you don't believe the game is going to be good why are you even here?

I am here to warn the customers.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (sats @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 12:01)

Oh well isn't that nice...
Btw, how much are trolls payed these days?

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Reminder: This is an analysis topic for mapping out the GTA:V map. It's not the place to whine about the size of the map unless you've got some of your own observations to share that backs this up.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 12:05)
QUOTE (sats @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 12:01)

Oh well isn't that nice...
Btw, how much are trolls payed these days?

Very sorry for the off-topic post, but what if he is not a troll but a Mini-Me of Jack Thomson?

user posted image

@Barguast, thank you.

Poole1994
  • Poole1994

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

I don't know if this has been covered yet, but I think I've located the Alamo Sea region in one of the earlier screenshots
user posted image

The green arrow shows the shore on the far side, the the red arrow shows where I believe to be the main body of water.

You can compare the mountain in the background to one in one of the E3 screens

user posted image

Its either that or the Zancudo river?

Just my thoughts, sorry if this has been covered before or has made no sense.

NetXSR
  • NetXSR

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (WertyRO @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 08:31)
Hope it helps you a bit.

user posted image

user posted image

Don't know if it was known yet biggrin.gif

Trollolol?

This is not a "mansion". This is the Griffith observatory.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (NetXSR @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 14:16)
QUOTE (WertyRO @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 08:31)
Hope it helps you a bit.

user posted image

user posted image

Don't know if it was known yet  biggrin.gif

Trollolol?

This is not a "mansion". This is the Griffith observatory.

In SA it was a mansion, in V it will be an observatory.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by omawnakw, 14 June 2013 - 01:39 PM.

QUOTE (Poole1994 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 13:08)
I don't know if this has been covered yet, but I think I've located the Alamo Sea region in one of the earlier screenshots
http://i.imgur.com/Am5S7hO.jpg

The green arrow shows the shore on the far side, the the red arrow shows where I believe to be the main body of water.

http://www.rockstarg...t/1201/1280.jpg

Yes, that is Alamo Sea, Zancudo is to the left and is not visible in this shot.
Also I recommend you to familiarize yourself with this posts:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062632361
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062633149
The maps on the first page:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060828934 1st page
Old posts around this page http://www.gtaforums...=491242&st=5320
And the Grand Unified Theory:
http://i.imgur.com/6TXFz.jpg

UPDATE: maybe the last image is a bit old, did not verify it in depth. Pay particular attention to the GTAKiwi's map, because he marked all peaks and put the marks into screen shots for clarity.

Poole1994
  • Poole1994

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 13:31)
QUOTE (Poole1994 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 13:08)
http://i.imgur.com/Am5S7hO.jpg

http://www.rockstarg...t/1201/1280.jpg

Yes, that is Alamo Sea, Zancudo is to the left and is not visible in this shot.
Also I recommend you to familiarize yourself with this posts:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062632361
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1062633149
The maps on the first page:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060828934 1st page
Old posts around this page http://www.gtaforums...=491242&st=5320
And the Grand Unified Theory:
http://i.imgur.com/6TXFz.jpg

Ahh ok thankyou! Haven't really looked at this topic much, the prospect of looking through over 600 pages was rather daunting. This makes a lot more sense now, thanks again smile.gif

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Honestly I think Sandy Shores in this map is not positioned correctly:
http://farm8.staticf...8ede6ae8c_c.jpg

I think sandy shores is closer to mount Zancudo:
user posted image

The reason I am saying this is because if you look at the recent screenshots, Grapeseed is positioned at the foothills of the Alamo mountain:
http://www.igta5.com...crop-duster.jpg

Which in this photo is around here:
user posted image

Therefore I think Sandy Shores is located around this area:
user posted image

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:50 PM Edited by omawnakw, 14 June 2013 - 01:58 PM.

^Strange thoughts, how this shot with Trevor is connected to the Sandy Shores?

UPDATE:
Which in this photo is around here:

Zancudo mountain is not visible in the photo you point to.
UPDATE2: how Grapeseed is connected to the Sandy shores and why do you think it is at the foothills of the Alamo mountain? Do you looked at the arrows in the shots you put in your post? And do you know what they mean?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users