Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

^ This brilliant fanmade map has been posted a lot of times already. tounge.gif

Oh and welcome to the forums. icon14.gif

Miami-Florida.
  • Miami-Florida.

Grande Italia

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

RMS Queen Mary?. It looks like a huge ship just like Queen Mary is. & it is in the same place in real life.
user posted image
user posted image

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

love this thread guys. I think a lot people could use your help piecing cases together for the FBI. Seriously guys good job!

ShadyGreenPie
  • ShadyGreenPie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 23:42)
^ This brilliant fanmade map has been posted a lot of times already. tounge.gif

Oh and welcome to the forums.  icon14.gif

Cheers biggrin.gif I've followed these forums for a long time, I just never tend to make accounts. I just stick with making youtube videos rather than discussions.

I guess I didn't look at this map close enough. The placement of the logo covers up where the rest of the city
hasn't yet been revealed, roads tend to just disappear (as do the contour lines), and you can still see the reflection
from the rolled up blueprint image on the lower right. It's actually a very good photoshop and had me believing it.
Let's just hope that we get the image of the full map, prior to E3. Rockstar are very clever with their marketing
and would know that would build up lots of hype. However they do love to keep things secret and let us find out
for ourselves. Only time will tell. smile.gif

Rykane
  • Rykane

Member Since 03 Jul 2005

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:22 AM Edited by [email protected], 26 May 2013 - 12:25 AM.

Lets take a minute and think about the collectors edition map announcement and the pictures. I believe that the map has two sides, the first side is a closed in/zoomed in view of the city which allows for viewing of streets and other small buildings, landmarks to be seen easily, roads etc. In one of the images in the collectors edition announcement there is a seal that says 'City of Los Santos, which leaves me to believe that there are two sides. The other side of the map show the full area of GTAV allowing you to view Los Santos and Blaine county and with Los Santos not being as detailed as the other side of the poster. The poster also has the same colour/style on both sides which i think means there are two sides, usually the back of posters are blank to save ink/cost.

In the image below the seal says 'City of Los Santos, Founded 17-- (year is illegible)'

user posted image

Now, if the side shown was the full map it would of said 'City of Los Santos and Blaine County' or 'State of San Andreas' or something similar to this. This leads me to believe that the side shown is a enlarged area of the city and not the full map. This may have been talked about previously so sorry in advance but i think it really does have two sides . If anyone has other evidence to disprove these findings then i welcome them to do so.

Lugermorph
  • Lugermorph

Start a Fight Club, Brad reputation.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE ([email protected] @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 20:22)
Lets take a minute and think about the collectors edition map announcement and the pictures. I believe that the map is has two sides, the first side is a closed in/zoomed in view of the city which allows for viewing of streets and other small buildings, landmarks to be seen easily, roads etc. In one of the images in the collectors edition announcement there is a seal that says 'City of Los Santos, which leaves me to believe that there are two sides. The other side of the map show the full area of GTAV allowing you to view Los Santos and Blaine county and with Los Santos not being as detailed as the other side of the poster.  The poster also has the same colour/style on both sides which i think means there are two sides, usually the back of posters are blank to save ink/cost.

In the image below the seal says 'City of Los Santos, Founded 1--- (year is illegible)'

user posted image

Now, if the side shown was the full map it would of said 'City of Los Santos and Blaine County' or 'State of San Andreas' or something similar to this. This leads me to believe that the side shown is a enlarged area of the city and not the full map. This may have been talked about previously so sorry in advance but i think it really does have two sides. If anyone has other evidence to disprove these findings then i welcome them to do so.

It looks like it says Founded 1781. Can't really tell though.

Rykane
  • Rykane

Member Since 03 Jul 2005

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Lugermorph @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 00:25)
Lets take a minute and think about the collectors edition map announcement and the pictures. I believe that the map is has two sides, the first side is a closed in/zoomed in view of the city which allows for viewing of streets and other small buildings, landmarks to be seen easily, roads etc. In one of the images in the collectors edition announcement there is a seal that says 'City of Los Santos, which leaves me to believe that there are two sides. The other side of the map show the full area of GTAV allowing you to view Los Santos and Blaine county and with Los Santos not being as detailed as the other side of the poster.  The poster also has the same colour/style on both sides which i think means there are two sides, usually the back of posters are blank to save ink/cost.

In the image below the seal says 'City of Los Santos, Founded 1--- (year is illegible)'

Now, if the side shown was the full map it would of said 'City of Los Santos and Blaine County' or 'State of San Andreas' or something similar to this. This leads me to believe that the side shown is a enlarged area of the city and not the full map. This may have been talked about previously so sorry in advance but i think it really does have two sides. If anyone has other evidence to disprove these findings then i welcome them to do so.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure i see 17 as the first two digits but i can't tell what the last two are.

Lugermorph
  • Lugermorph

Start a Fight Club, Brad reputation.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE ([email protected] @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 20:28)
QUOTE (Lugermorph @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 00:25)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure i see 17 as the first two digits but i can't tell what the last two are.

Now that I look like it more it looks like 1751 or 1761...

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:30 AM Edited by Mr. Darko, 26 May 2013 - 12:35 AM.

Interesting. Los Santos founded in future San Andreas during a time when in our world we were still fighting the Revolutionary War (or even before)?

EDIT: Apparently so, Los Angeles in the real world was founded in 1781 as well.
http://en.wikipedia...._de_Los_Angeles

Rykane
  • Rykane

Member Since 03 Jul 2005

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:33 AM Edited by [email protected], 26 May 2013 - 12:35 AM.

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 00:30)
Interesting. Los Santos founded in future San Andreas during a time when in our world we were still fighting the Revolutionary War (or even before)?

Also going off topic slightly but that's a good point, I doubt though that they would make it before the Declaration was signed so its probably after that. So possibly could be 1781/91.

*EDIT* I should learn to wiki things, yeah you're right so it probably 1781 then.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

How big are we thinking the city is now?

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Mrthingus @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 07:39)
QUOTE (lerche88 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 20:27)
Is this convincing? It seems real...

user posted image

You know it's a successful topic when people think a fanmade map from 20 pages ago is the official map.

I thought the Vice City font was a dead giveaway that this is a fake... god damn it people.

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Miami-Florida. @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 00:42)
RMS Queen Mary?. It looks like a huge ship just like Queen Mary is. & it is in the same place in real life.

I really hope so, I remember wondering if this would make it into the game. IRL it's a Hotel isn't it? Perhaps it could become a rentable safehouse in the game? Perhaps even a purchasable property? hehe

Thecrazypolak
  • Thecrazypolak

Future Nobody

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 03:33)
QUOTE (Mrthingus @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 07:39)
QUOTE (lerche88 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 20:27)
Is this convincing? It seems real...

user posted image

You know it's a successful topic when people think a fanmade map from 20 pages ago is the official map.

I thought the Vice City font was a dead giveaway that this is a fake... god damn it people.

EDIT: good map.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:05 AM Edited by omawnakw, 27 May 2013 - 08:30 PM.

Blitz party mission from Michael trailer
click to enlarge
user posted image
upd: That screenshot below actually is number 471 where Trevor climbs the Vinewood sign (http://www.rockstargames.com/V/screenshots/screenshot/471/1280.jpg).
upd2: http://www.rockstarg...ot/811/1280.jpg the same place, look at the shot marked with yellow circle above. There are more screenshots of this mission with this location released, so i think we could put some buildings from them onto the map.
http://www.rockstarg...ot/801/1280.jpg - equal to the shot marked with orange circle.
http://www.rockstarg...t/1021/1280.jpg - orange circle.
Not sure if below was already spotted:
same place in this three:
http://img51.imagesh...49/00003003.png
http://www.rockstarg...ot/821/1280.jpg
http://www.rockstarg...t/1001/1280.jpg
same area:
http://www.rockstarg...ot/211/1280.jpg
http://img706.images...82/tr2f2385.png

We all know it is located to the east or northeast of Vernon water tower and the same "Casey's" truck used in the Blitz party mission.

Trachta10
  • Trachta10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE ([email protected] @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 00:22)
Lets take a minute and think about the collectors edition map announcement and the pictures. I believe that the map has two sides, the first side is a closed in/zoomed in view of the city which allows for viewing of streets and other small buildings, landmarks to be seen easily, roads etc. In one of the images in the collectors edition announcement there is a seal that says 'City of Los Santos, which leaves me to believe that there are two sides. The other side of the map show the full area of GTAV allowing you to view Los Santos and Blaine county and with Los Santos not being as detailed as the other side of the poster. The poster also has the same colour/style on both sides which i think means there are two sides, usually the back of posters are blank to save ink/cost.

In the image below the seal says 'City of Los Santos, Founded 17-- (year is illegible)'

user posted image

Now, if the side shown was the full map it would of said 'City of Los Santos and Blaine County' or 'State of San Andreas' or something similar to this. This leads me to believe that the side shown is a enlarged area of the city and not the full map. This may have been talked about previously so sorry in advance but i think it really does have two sides . If anyone has other evidence to disprove these findings then i welcome them to do so.

http://i.imgur.com/PHYUQCQ.jpg?1?7137

Tradan
  • Tradan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:25 AM Edited by Tradan, 26 May 2013 - 06:01 AM.

QUOTE (Trachta10 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 22:58)

NVM

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Tradan @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 22:25)
QUOTE (Trachta10 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 22:58)

So it's a blueprint stolen from the LSPD? Wonder if it will tie into a mission.

Wow, really?

It's the city seal.

Tradan
  • Tradan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:04 AM Edited by Tradan, 26 May 2013 - 06:12 AM.

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 23:43)
Wow, really?

It's the city seal.

Yeah big derp. confused.gif

polvofiloso
  • polvofiloso

Old Dude

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE ([email protected] @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 00:33)
QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 00:30)

Also going off topic slightly but that's a good point, I doubt though that they would make it before the Declaration was signed so its probably after that. So possibly could be 1781/91.

*EDIT* I should learn to wiki things, yeah you're right so it probably 1781 then.

The US Declaration of Independence and Revolution had no bearing on the founding of LA. California was governed by Spain at the time. Los Angeles was founded by Spanish missionaries and explorers.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:59 AM Edited by Werebot85, 26 May 2013 - 07:26 AM.

QUOTE (GuilTymAutoFive @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 01:40)
QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 20:25)
So... Map experts tounge.gif ... Where exactly is this:

Was just wondering! Also, is that the golf course at the very right of this screenshot? Or not really...

Dont you think this scene could take place in this zone?
user posted image

That's what I thought! The reason why I posted the picture was because I thought that's the golf course to the right. And if you look at the screenshot, that little green to the right could be part of that very dense white area on your map (at your green circle), which should then be behind the quad bike and hidden behind the hill. So if the quad and hill wasn't there, the golf course could've been right there. I thought that very white area on the map is the golf course.

But someone said the golf course is to the north west (so I guess they already found its location)... And that this scene takes place right next to the race track...

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

I think the white area is going to be a dirt bike and quad bike race track in GTA Online.

ACUK82
  • ACUK82

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

That white are is around a third of the length of the city. I doubt its a trailer park or dirt bike track.

I really have no idea what it could be though.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (ACUK82 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 09:28)
That white are is around a third of the length of the city. I doubt its a trailer park or dirt bike track.

Some say it's a golf course, some say it's where the oil drills are, others say it's farmlands (like in the first trailer)... Or a mine or quarry of some sort... I say it could be a zoo or theme park tounge.gif

koeklin
  • koeklin

aka Master Nawak

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (GuilTymAutoFive @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 01:40)
Dont you think this scene could take place in this zone?
user posted image

Not exactly. Closer to the race track.
caption : Hollywood Boulevard (green)

user posted image

Threepwood
  • Threepwood

Calm like a bomb.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 07:34)
QUOTE (ACUK82 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 09:28)

Some say it's a golf course, some say it's where the oil drills are, others say it's farmlands (like in the first trailer)... Or a mine or quarry of some sort... I say it could be a zoo or theme park tounge.gif

The only thing I can imagine having that size is a graveyard. Hence the well arranged part (military/unknown soldier) and unarranged/scattered part (private graves).

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 07:34)

It's definitely where the oil drills are, but there might be landfill, quarries and other industrial buildings up there too.

timoti111
  • timoti111

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:28 AM Edited by timoti111, 26 May 2013 - 08:42 AM.

I dont know if it was mentioned before but I found that map is rolled and as you can see top of the map ends somewhere over Vinewood. Here is proof:
user posted image .
I reconstructed it and used GTAKiwi's map as you can see there is something under Los Santos. It dont fits perfectly but I think front page would look like this. The map is 21,5x26,75 .
user posted image

It will possibly be this:
user posted image

So I think there should be some truth on this:
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 00:22)
Lets take a minute and think about the collectors edition map announcement and the pictures. I believe that the map has two sides, the first side is a closed in/zoomed in view of the city which allows for viewing of streets and other small buildings, landmarks to be seen easily, roads etc. In one of the images in the collectors edition announcement there is a seal that says 'City of Los Santos, which leaves me to believe that there are two sides. The other side of the map show the full area of GTAV allowing you to view Los Santos and Blaine county and with Los Santos not being as detailed as the other side of the poster.  The poster also has the same colour/style on both sides which i think means there are two sides, usually the back of posters are blank to save ink/cost.

user posted image

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:32 AM Edited by zombie elvis, 26 May 2013 - 08:37 AM.

The thing is, the rolled up map looks like it was made in photoshop, they've probably not printed any yet.

The streets don't curve along the tube at all. It would be easy to curve it in photoshop but it looks like they didn't bother.
Not saying you're wrong, but I think it's unreliable to assume it's correctly placed.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

^

very good question. considering that pic, all the countryside is at the bottom and the map all guys are posting is flipped. los santos is at the top and Countryside on the bottom

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users