26,189 replies to this topic
s1xty7
  • s1xty7

Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

You guys do some excellent work!

One thing though, and I don't know if this has been pointed out, when looking at the image of the map in the pre-order details screen, it appears the map is folded and then rolled. You can see blue on both sides of the roll with what looks to be a white backing folded in between.

Again, I don't know if you have already taken that into consideration.

Full image; look at the edge of the rolled blueprint: http://www.rockstarg...ectors-full.jpg

Keep up the good work.

Apfeltasche
  • Apfeltasche

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:57 PM Edited by Apfeltasche, 25 May 2013 - 12:00 AM.

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Friday, May 24 2013, 10:07)
QUOTE (Argon @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:27)
QUOTE (Warmaster666 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:55)
user posted image

Why have we never seen this map of Blaine county before? It looks beautiful, although I think it has quite a bit of speculation. It seems to fit almost perfect, so I'm wondering if it was made AFTER the release of the blueprint map (seems like an impossible mission, time-wise)? Since it has never been posted here, I would like to see the full map of this version, with LS?

I'm bummed that R* did not show the entire map. But on the other hand, I'm surprised they even showed a part of it, in full detail. They have a weird way of keeping things secret and then all of a sudden release information like they don't care..

Fido, just out of curiosity, why do you want to start all over? I mean the LS roads are mapped now tounge.gif Or do you want to mark each building on the blue print like in your map?

I made it. I've been creating for a while. I was working on the roads when they released the map section, so i've now had to rework a few roads... Well, and the map shape now too. Here's the whole map.

user posted image

You have made it? Is this map fake too or real? The upper part looks exactly like yours and the lower part like the map we know from the collectors edition:

user posted image
Source: http://gtagames.hu/g...es-gta-5-terkep (via gtaplanet.de Forum)

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Friday, May 24 2013, 06:07)
I made it. I've been creating for a while. I was working on the roads when they released the map section, so i've now had to rework a few roads... Well, and the map shape now too. Here's the whole map.

user posted image

Props to you DuPz0r...That looks reeally good. Can definitely see the map being close to that. icon14.gif icon14.gif

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (LackedMushroom0 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 22:22)
QUOTE (bakerach @ Friday, May 24 2013, 22:45)
QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:43)
What is this?

user posted image

Good catch-- could be the monorail from the Max Payne vehicles list.

I think it's a hair that fell on the blueprint biggrin.gif :D:D:D:D

Subway. C'mon people, its not so mysterious. (I guess LOL)

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (poncratias @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:52)
so, what about rockstar saying that the map is 3,5x the size of RDR?

is this true with all your (unbelieveable good) calculations?

(btw.: this thread should get hired by CSI )

If you look at a lazy calculation (1 square grid on blueprint is 1 km˛), then you get about a 61.25 km˛ map or 23.65 square miles.
I think the playable area of RDR is about 6 square miles, maybe less.
So yeah, that statement fits.

Amazingly good looking fan made maps btw. Love seeing those! icon14.gif

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Holy crap some of you guys have A LOT of time on your hands..

I mean who seriously cares about the size of a video game THAT MUCH? Is it going to make any difference knowing the map's 28.7 sq miles instead of 26.3 sq miles?

What exactly is it going to change knowing the size of the map other than having it be already spoiled for you? So much hard work being put in just for something that results in overall less excitement in the game. Seems like a bad tradeoff kinda..

Just find it funny you guys have small and large los santos groups and teams for protags you haven't even played yet.. lol this forum's so silly

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Apfeltasche @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:57)
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Friday, May 24 2013, 10:07)
QUOTE (Argon @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 16:27)
QUOTE (Warmaster666 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 15:55)
http://i.imgur.com/THcO4cO.jpg

Why have we never seen this map of Blaine county before? It looks beautiful, although I think it has quite a bit of speculation. It seems to fit almost perfect, so I'm wondering if it was made AFTER the release of the blueprint map (seems like an impossible mission, time-wise)? Since it has never been posted here, I would like to see the full map of this version, with LS?

I'm bummed that R* did not show the entire map. But on the other hand, I'm surprised they even showed a part of it, in full detail. They have a weird way of keeping things secret and then all of a sudden release information like they don't care..

Fido, just out of curiosity, why do you want to start all over? I mean the LS roads are mapped now tounge.gif Or do you want to mark each building on the blue print like in your map?

http://i.imgur.com/dsCeyVO.jpg

You have made it? Is this map fake too or real? The upper part looks exactly like yours and the lower part like the map we know from the collectors edition:

http://www.abload.de...map-fux1upr.jpg
Source: http://gtagames.hu/g...es-gta-5-terkep (via gtaplanet.de Forum)

Combined map you talking about (DuPz0r + scpecial edition map) created by Noeks in this thread http://www.gtaforums...highlite=DuPz0r

mnkymanfoo
  • mnkymanfoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

No need to be offensive.

CF22
  • CF22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

I find it weird that the rolled poster image has the seal of the 'City of Los Santos' next to the Malibu-like area while the flat image shows a north arrow. I know these are just marketing images but that's weird nonetheless.

CasperRDG
  • CasperRDG

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

user posted image

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

That would look better Casper if the two Copy/Pasted parts in the Upper Right portion weren't exactly the same.

See if you can get the roads to blend better too. The North portion of the Rockstar Provided map stops too abruptly and is replaced with that other part...and the Copy/Pasted parts clash too dramatically with that other part.

CasperRDG
  • CasperRDG

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 01:42)
That would look better Casper if the two Copy/Pasted parts in the Upper Right portion weren't exactly the same.

See if you can get the roads to blend better too. The North portion of the Rockstar Provided map stops too abruptly and is replaced with that other part...and the Copy/Pasted parts clash too dramatically with that other part.

Yeah I got mad bored its like hundreds of layers in photoshop and it was too much in the end for me! Gives some idea of scale and stuff thought that would be kinda useful...

Might improve it if I'm ever feeling super creative again

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

It does look really good though.

That one, Dupzors, and the one by deffpony.

Good stuff. Everyone else too, but particularly those ones.

AleX AciD
  • AleX AciD

Toxicated

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

My version of map:
user posted image

Found two metro tracks while creating it:
user posted image

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

I hope we have some nice long expanses of highway to blast down.

Loved going on epic road trips on my motorcycle back in SA (blasting Dust the whole way)

J-B
  • J-B

Two Faced

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

I like that the few country roads we can see in that partial map are nice and curvy. Good curves are part of what made long drives in the countryside so much fun in SA.

polvofiloso
  • polvofiloso

Old Dude

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by polvofiloso, 25 May 2013 - 02:20 AM.

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 00:07)
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Friday, May 24 2013, 06:07)

user posted image

Props to you DuPz0r...That looks reeally good. Can definitely see the map being close to that. icon14.gif icon14.gif

Awesome map but I've got a question that pertains to this and a few of the other fan maps in this thread. Why do the two lakes only have outlet streams/rivers and no inlets? They all flow to the ocean meaning they are all outlets. IRL, inlet streams would flow into the lake from a source at higher elevations, like somewhere in the mountains, and none are depicted on these maps. Some of the streams in the game should probably be like this, unless Rockstar has suspended that part of reality. Also it's very rare IRL (I know of none) where a natural lake has more than one outflow. It's even more odd in the case of the man-made reservoir where one of the outflows is through a dam. I know the Alamo Sea creates a quandary being based on the Salton Sea, which is actually below sea level and has no outlets to the ocean, IRL. Mapmakers, is this something you've considered when making your maps? Is there evidence for multiple out flowing streams but none inflowing? Not trying to nitpick, just wondering if I've missed something because I've followed this thread pretty closely since its inception. Despite that one curiosity I think you guys are doing an awesome job that only fuels my excitement for the game even more.

AleX AciD
  • AleX AciD

Toxicated

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

user posted image

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (polvofiloso @ Friday, May 24 2013, 20:17)
Awesome map but I've got a question that pertains to this and a few of the other fan maps in this thread. Why do the two lakes only have outlet streams/rivers and no inlets? They all flow to the ocean meaning they are all outlets. IRL, inlet streams would flow into the lake from a source at higher elevations, like somewhere in the mountains, and none are depicted on these maps. Some of the streams in the game should probably be like this, unless Rockstar has suspended that part of reality. Also it's very rare IRL (I know of none) where a natural lake has more than one outflow. It's even more odd in the case of the man-made reservoir where one of the outflows is through a dam. I know the Alamo Sea creates a quandary being based on the Salton Sea, which is actually below sea level and has no outlets to the ocean, IRL. Mapmakers, is this something you've considered when making your maps? Is there evidence for multiple out flowing streams but none inflowing? Not trying to nitpick, just wondering if I've missed something because I've followed this thread pretty closely since its inception. Despite that one curiosity I think you guys are doing an awesome job that only fuels my excitement for the game even more.

user posted image

"A" appears to flow out of the Alamo Sea since there isn't any evidence of a different source for it.

"B" is definitely flowing out of the Alamo Sea since you can see the direction of the waterfall.

"C" is unclear. I think it's located where I have it, but it's possible that it's in a different location. Even if the location is right, it might not even be connected to the Alamo Sea. I'm guessing it is.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:59 AM Edited by zombie elvis, 25 May 2013 - 06:03 AM.

QUOTE (polvofiloso @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 02:17)

Awesome map but I've got a question that pertains to this and a few of the other fan maps in this thread.  Why do the two lakes only have outlet streams/rivers and no inlets?  They all flow to the ocean meaning they are all outlets.  IRL, inlet streams would flow into the lake from a source at higher elevations, like somewhere in the mountains, and none are depicted on these maps.  Some of the streams in the game should probably be like this, unless Rockstar has suspended that part of reality.  Also it's very rare IRL (I know of none) where a natural lake has more than one outflow.  It's even more odd in the case of the man-made reservoir where one of the outflows is through a dam.  I know the Alamo Sea creates a quandary being based on the Salton Sea, which is actually below sea level and has no outlets to the ocean, IRL.  Mapmakers, is this something you've considered when making your maps?  Is there evidence for multiple out flowing streams but none inflowing?  Not trying to nitpick, just wondering if I've missed something because I've followed this thread pretty closely since its inception.  Despite that one curiosity I think you guys are doing an awesome job that only fuels my excitement for the game even more.

It's a step up from San Andreas, where all 'rivers' were just sea water inlets, and the dam went straight into the sea.

There may be an inlet flowing down from the mountains but it looks like we haven't seen it yet.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

I've held a theory that the Alamo river flows into the Alamo Sea, and also into the ocean. This waterfall...

user posted image

is falling towards the ocean here:

user posted image

and this waterfall (top left)

user posted image

is falling towards the Alamo sea here:

user posted image

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Can't see that happening, those two bridges are quite close together, you'd need a bit between them where the water is a lot higher and falls down at both sides.

I've no idea where that biplane shot is to be honest. Maybe further out towards the ocean.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (GTAKiwi @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:45)
Big update to Los Santos on my map, it is now very accurate. I have based
Los Santos on the blueprint map.

I'm not sure if Los Santos is the correct scale to the countryside or not,
because the city is based on the blueprint map, while the countryside is
based on what I can see in the pictures and the trailers.

Please remember that my map still isn't perfect, and that there are still
plenty of small errors, and possibly even some larger errors. But everything
on the map should roughly be placed in their correct locations.

Fido, Could you please update my map in the OP with the map below, Thanks.

Click on the map below for the huge version.
user posted image

EDITED TO FIX MAP.

Great work, but if you could change the color of the roads - this red color scheme gives me headache I'm afraid - please change.

GTAKiwi
  • GTAKiwi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Now that I've added the actual Los Santos city layout to my map, you can clearly see that the big pointy mountain in picture (S7) on my map is Mount Alamo(A).
Compare Picture (S7) to my map and you'll see the sightline points to it. And even Mount Zancudo(Z) on my map is pretty much exactly where it is in picture S7.

user posted image

gtamodeller
  • gtamodeller

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

Some weeks back i blocked out this 3D peace, showing the river area.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

And thats the top view from the whole peace
(the green things are cameras with attached screenshots)

user posted image

GTAKiwi
  • GTAKiwi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Is this better Emmi?

user posted image

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (GTAKiwi @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 08:16)
Is this better Emmi?

user posted image

Way better, yes thanks!

VLongo92
  • VLongo92

California Love. Show it.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

Anyone else find it strange rockstar gave us SUPER exact measurements about the size of the blueprint map? Maybe as teaser so we find out the scale?

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (VLongo92 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 08:19)
Anyone else find it strange rockstar gave us SUPER exact measurements about the size of the blueprint map? Maybe as teaser so we find out the scale?

I don't think it has anything to do with it - I think Rockstar just wanted to let us know how big the additional map will be.

esvi
  • esvi

End Of The Line

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (CasperRDG @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 01:29)
user posted image

perfect man
well done
mercie_blink.gif

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users