Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,152 replies to this topic
omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

^^^
Just look at the rocks and it's shape. It's clear. The bad thing Rockstar cut this screenshot scene just near that frame that looks like a small bridge so we still did not know what is that.
nvm, thank you jonnie123.

jonnie123
  • jonnie123

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:45 PM Edited by jonnie123, 13 May 2013 - 07:48 PM.

QUOTE (Jarda605 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 19:44)
OMG! Good work, man!  icon14.gif   icon14.gif   icon14.gif

Thanks, glad to add a little to this amazing thread but it just seemed obvious. Props to omawnakw who put them together first.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 16:51)
Is there a reason why the area left of the highway running north-east out of Los Santos is bright green?

Fido you should update the colours in the legend, they don't fit the map colours anymore.

Damn I just saw that !
It's a mistake of course, it should be the same color as the rest.
Will correct it tomorrow.

And good point about the legend, totally forgot about it ! icon14.gif

And about the lighthouse area, they are the same location, no doubt about it wink.gif

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

"The King Has Risen!" - MJ

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by Jamie Smith, 13 May 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Is there any place in the "Port of Los Angeles" that has Razor Wire fences?. I Tried looking on-line for it but can't find anywhere around PoLA. Maybe it's a Navy Shipyard or something? Can someone help?.
user posted image

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

pfft, knew it was the same place the moment pic came... didn't post cus i knew i'd be ignored anyway

orientation is the key

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Monday, May 13 2013, 21:07)
pfft, knew it was the same place the moment pic came... didn't post cus i knew i'd be ignored anyway

orientation is the key

Yeah, me too. Has that not been posted yet here? I'm not good enough to contribute, so I just check in occasionally wink.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:30 AM Edited by canttakemyid, 14 May 2013 - 12:32 AM.

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 06:25)
-------------------------
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, May 13 2013, 07:35)
Los Puerta Freeway

Didn't they changed it to La Puerta?

Damn you got a good eye. icon14.gif I just scoped it out too. It appears to be just to the right hand side of the location @ 00:31-00:33 on trailer one as well.
user posted image
There appears to be sail boats or power lines just behind the Freeway.
user posted image

May have been foun already but a few frames later...
user posted image
user posted image

Same location.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

La Puerta near the car shop was found a few dozens pages ago. As the change of "los" to "la". Not sure about Vapid, do not saw if it was found. So, icon14.gif .

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (jonnie123 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 12:41)
Same place...

user posted image

He's right. It took me a while to see it, just follow the lines. The pictures are taken at different angles of the same location.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Monday, May 13 2013, 19:44)
La Puerta near the car shop was found a few dozens pages ago. As the change of "los" to "la". Not sure about Vapid, do not saw if it was found. So, icon14.gif .

The shot appears to be in the southeast part of LS.

EinsZweiDrei
  • EinsZweiDrei

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

Didn't expect such a mistake from Rockstar. confused.gif Anyway, it's good they have it corrected.

omawnakw
  • omawnakw

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:07 AM Edited by omawnakw, 14 May 2013 - 01:10 AM.

QUOTE (SocalZHP @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 00:47)
QUOTE (jonnie123 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 12:41)
Same place...
http://i.imgur.com/mk3ZOIZ.jpg

He's right. It took me a while to see it, just follow the lines. The pictures are taken at different angles of the same location.

Huh, my fail that i did not see GTAKiwi's new map with locations (see 1st page). He has already noticed that they are the same.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 00:44)

Thanks I'd been looking for where I saw that, was beginning to think I'd dreamt it.

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Sockpuppet @ Monday, May 13 2013, 01:51)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Monday, May 13 2013, 06:22)

Y'all would be more appropriate because all deviating map theories are in the same boat?

S'what I'm saying, yes.

Disparaging the LP theory by grouping it with the baseless LV, SF, Bay City theories?

Right where it belongs, until we see some proof.

There have been many detailed posts that support the theories of Los Puerta much more than those of LV and SF.  Anyone who knows a thing or two about video editing and/film knows that content is never irrelevant when centered on the screen as "Los Puerta" was 00:31 to 00:33 in trailer one.  This is especially the case when the camera continuously zooms onto that content as it did in that trailer.  This supports LP's significance and that it isn't "some Spanish written on a sign".

LOL. Are you trolling?

It says "Los Puerta Fwy". As in freeway. As in, "Los Puerta" is the name of the freeway. Not a city. If there is a city called Los Puerta, we don't have even a shred of evidence for its existence.

Going on about rhetorical techniques and cinematic interpretations but your theory is the same old baseless bullsh*t... yeah, you have to be trolling. Or a dumbass. Do us a favor and let us know which.

Trolling or a dumb ass because I disagreeing with you without resulting to name calling? It must be that time of the month for you. Your logic is all over the place right now. This is the kind of middle school sh*t that made me take a brake from the V section until more info came out. lol.gif

San Diego Freeway
user posted image
Los Puerta Freeway
user posted image

If it's not in the game, then so be it. But it's a far from baseless theory. Especially considering that out of 100+ screens and multiple trailers, R* just so happens to not show what's directly E or SE of Los Santos. We've seen no land, no water, no nothing from that region. That just so happens to be the direction of the LP Freeway, its real life counterpart (San Diego Freeway), and the city of San Diego IRL. Just a coincidence right?

...and don't give me that "R* said" bullsh*t because R* has contradicted themselves time and time again. Don't give me that "entire city...fitting on the map" BS either because if R* can get away with making LS 1/8 of the map then they could fit a smaller city easily. Not 100% expecting it, but it's a possibility.

TELL EM!!! I've been saying San Diego is in the game for a while.

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

"The King Has Risen!" - MJ

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (KidAmnesiac42 @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 02:16)

Y'all would be more appropriate because all deviating map theories are in the same boat?

S'what I'm saying, yes.

Disparaging the LP theory by grouping it with the baseless LV, SF, Bay City theories?

There have been many detailed posts that support the theories of Los Puerta much more than those of LV and SF.  Anyone who knows a thing or two about video editing and/film knows that content is never irrelevant when centered on the screen as "Los Puerta" was 00:31 to 00:33 in trailer one.  This is especially the case when the camera continuously zooms onto that content as it did in that trailer.  This supports LP's significance and that it isn't "some Spanish written on a sign".

LOL. Are you trolling?

It says "Los Puerta Fwy". As in freeway. As in, "Los Puerta" is the name of the freeway. Not a city. If there is a city called Los Puerta, we don't have even a shred of evidence for its existence.

Going on about rhetorical techniques and cinematic interpretations but your theory is the same old baseless bullsh*t... yeah, you have to be trolling. Or a dumbass. Do us a favor and let us know which.

Trolling or a dumb ass because I disagreeing with you without resulting to name calling? It must be that time of the month for you. Your logic is all over the place right now. This is the kind of middle school sh*t that made me take a brake from the V section until more info came out. lol.gif

San Diego Freeway
user posted image
Los Puerta Freeway
user posted image

If it's not in the game, then so be it. But it's a far from baseless theory. Especially considering that out of 100+ screens and multiple trailers, R* just so happens to not show what's directly E or SE of Los Santos. We've seen no land, no water, no nothing from that region. That just so happens to be the direction of the LP Freeway, its real life counterpart (San Diego Freeway), and the city of San Diego IRL. Just a coincidence right?

...and don't give me that "R* said" bullsh*t because R* has contradicted themselves time and time again. Don't give me that "entire city...fitting on the map" BS either because if R* can get away with making LS 1/8 of the map then they could fit a smaller city easily. Not 100% expecting it, but it's a possibility.

Damn!. Now i know why we never seen Anything to the Right of Los Santos. smile.gif )

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Jamie Smith @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 02:36)
If it's not in the game, then so be it. But it's a far from baseless theory. Especially considering that out of 100+ screens and multiple trailers, R* just so happens to not show what's directly E or SE of Los Santos. We've seen no land, no water, no nothing from that region.

Lack of evidence to disprove a theory does not validate said theory. Right now objectively looking at what R* HAS SHOWN and not the subjective interpretations of what people THINK THEY SEE shows very little evidence to the existence of san diego in V. I'll happily admit if im wrong but i think realistically the people who are so adamant about san diego should temper their enthusiasm or prepare themselves for bitter dissapointment.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (KidAmnesiac42 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 20:16)

From the CVG preview:

thousands of feet above the mountain ridges that divide Los Santos from the countryside of Blaine County...

The freefall opens up our field of view: the game world is an island, hemmed in by an ocean beyond the city, and by a massive stretch of water - the Alamo Sea - behind us, to the north. Immediately to our right, on the west of the island, is a military base.

Where would San Diego be located?

Troll Proof
  • Troll Proof

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

Technically the San Diego Freeway as its named runs in the OC/Los Angeles region. The 5 is not called the San Diego freeway in San Diego itself.

Just a local's perspective.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

San Diego isn't in the game. Los Puerta is the GTA world equivalent of San Diego and they put the "Los Puerta" freeway sign in the game for authenticity. Since that section of interstate 5 is designated as the San Diego freeway. It skits rockstar a insane attention to detail and nothing else.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (omawnakw @ Monday, May 13 2013, 12:21)
QUOTE (DaWiesel @ Monday @ Apr 22 2013, 14:44)

The rock to the right in the lighthouse scene is the same as the big one on the coast road scene, if anyone hadn't noticed. At least I thought so, now I'm not so sure.

It was found when the epsilon screensaver released. It seems to have forgotten to mention, maybe it is too obvious, but now, when this screenshot released, we can say for sure that is the same place.
user posted image

It's so barren. Why are there just a few trees? Such a shame that current console technology is holding back what Rockstar can truly unleash.

To help stay ontopic, has anything come up about the possibilty of a Long Beach like city as seen in trailer 2? I sure hope so because according to GI or CVG
From what you saw, did Los Santos, the city itself (not including mountains/countryside/etc.) appear bigger than GTA IV’s Liberty City?

Los Santos definitely covers more square footage, just as the sprawling Los Angeles metro area does compared to New York City. But just like the real cities, if you’re wondering about the density of the downtown area, Los Santos proper is smaller than Liberty City.

Los Santos is actually starting to look really small, which is such a shame. I was hoping that the city itself would be bigger than IV.

Von_Von
  • Von_Von

Vercetti lives!

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

S'what I'm saying, yes.

LOL. Are you trolling?

San Diego Freeway
user posted image
Los Puerta Freeway
user posted image

Damn!. Now i know why we never seen Anything to the Right of Los Santos. smile.gif )

Los Puerta, in english "The door" ... Make sense a "door" to México ... But North?

VATG
  • VATG

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 00:30)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 06:25)
-------------------------
Los Puerta Freeway

Didn't they changed it to La Puerta?

Damn you got a good eye. icon14.gif I just scoped it out too. It appears to be just to the right hand side of the location @ 00:31-00:33 on trailer one as well.
user posted image
There appears to be sail boats or power lines just behind the Freeway.
user posted image

May have been foun already but a few frames later...
user posted image
user posted image

Same location.

icon14.gif http://www.gtaforums...entry1062438200

proud2bsikh
  • proud2bsikh

Raaj karega Khalsa

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

http://postimg.org/image/r8v2h3lgl/

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (proud2bsikh @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 11:35)
http://postimg.org/image/r8v2h3lgl/

Could be Mt Corona.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:02 PM Edited by gtamann123, 14 May 2013 - 12:06 PM.

QUOTE (Von_Von @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 10:55)

S'what I'm saying, yes.

LOL. Are you trolling?

San Diego Freeway
user posted image
Los Puerta Freeway
user posted image

Los Puerta, in english "The door" ... Make sense a "door" to México ... But North?

:facepalm: nooooo interstate 5 only has southbound lanes and its impossible to travel north on it..... suicidal.gif

Los Santos is actually starting to look really small, which is such a shame. I was hoping that the city itself would be bigger than IV.

He just said that LS covers more square footage than liberty city did in IV..... So therefore it's larger than In IV

bobqwerty
  • bobqwerty

Long time guest

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 12:02)
QUOTE (Von_Von @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 10:55)

He just said that LS covers more square footage than liberty city did in IV..... So therefore it's larger than In IV

Please, don't go offtopic.

Imagine GTAIV islands glued together, that would make a really big city. Then imagine if the water in IV was filled with more urban area, now that would be a huge city. Finally, imagine it a tad bit bigger than that. Yeah! That's roughtly 2.3 times bigger than Liberty City, and that's ONLY Los Santos. The map is insanely GRAND. There are THIEFs and there are more AUTOs than ever. What more can I say? lol.gif

Remember the maps in this thread are based on what has been shown, they may not represent the game in faithfullness. They serve their purpose, to give a rought idea of the map with its cities. Then again, due to software limitations (Paint shadedshu) the roads are generally bigger than they really are, giving you a false idea of the proportion of cities.

GlamFM
  • GlamFM

Overall best member of the GTAForums.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Monday, May 13 2013, 15:43)
QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 17:19)
Since we're all updating our maps, here's my latest :

user posted image

Changed the layout of the Alamo Sea a bit, added Sandy Shores.

Beautifully done

So much space for stuff we don´t know about yet.

I´m hoping for one long road that goes around the entire island, and maybe a small village here and there.

Mother Licker
  • Mother Licker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'll just leave this here.

user posted image

GlamFM
  • GlamFM

Overall best member of the GTAForums.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Mother Licker @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 13:48)
I'll just leave this here.

user posted image

You are my hero.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

^ I can't view the pictures.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users