Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

25,516 replies to this topic
Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (UnderWeb @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 00:40)
CVG guys who saw the demo said this map is quite similar to the game's one.

user posted image

Yet , CVG are the guys who claimed the city of Los Santos is 1/8th to 1/10th of the map.

Hmm...

lxr
  • lxr

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Is Danny's Venice a match?

user posted image

lxr
  • lxr

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 11:23)
I have a new theory about the mountains and the Alamo sea:

Directly north of Vinewood lies Mt Zancudo, the huge triangular one seen here. You can see a smaller looking mountain to the left (west) of it. I believe this to be Mt Alamo, due to it's slightly less pointy peak. The alamo sea lies north of Mt Zancudo and spans south-north, rather than west-east. Mt Zancudo lies on its south shores, roughly spanning west - east. Mt Alamo lies on the seas west shores, NW of Mt Zancudo, spanning north - south. This means that this screen is actually facing south, and LS would lie far behind the pointy mountain on the left (Mt Zancudo). This would explain the 'string of mountains' that CVG said separated LS county from Blaine County (the string would be Zancudo mainly).

What's good about that theory:

- Matches with the "string of mountains" quote, correctly taking into account that by "string of mountains", CVG mean "single mountain"

What's not so good:

- Contradicts every other observation regarding Blaine County made in the last months

QUOTE (Versous @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 11:33)
Yet , CVG are the guys who claimed the city of Los Santos is 1/8th to 1/10th of the map.

Hmm...

And one more time: CVG are probably wrong. Also, that map has "!!!UNKNOWN AREA!!!" written all around it, about 25 times.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (lxr @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:33)
Is Danny's Venice a match?

Yes.
We saw a very small glimpse of it back in 2011 but this is confirmation.
It's definitely it icon14.gif

Basically, the whole Vespucci area is a carbon copy of Venice. That's awesome.

lxr
  • lxr

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Also, this one may help with Fido's "21 Venice" screen. (The satellite image is facing south, and Franklin's car is at "Hostel", in "Venice Beach Hostel".)

user posted image

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

@lxr

This is all getting to confusing for me. I hope the map will leak @ some Point.

I mean speculation and mapping may be fun, but yeah time to See the real thing.

Do not expect something huge, expect something big!

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

Girly boy

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

In case you missed it... similar jumpsuit with parachute detached on the guy on the bike.

user posted image

lxr
  • lxr

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hm, still no luck with that terraced building on the right. The one below is vaguely similar, and kind of nearby, but it's probably not good enough.

user posted image

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

Girly boy

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Please do help me out on this one.

user posted image

This is definitely the same store VANGELICO and the same store referred to in the plans. Same store logo, same door handles, same credit card stickers on the glass doors, same flooring, same display cases.
Questions:

Are these the same heist done in different ways?
Did they use a different entrance?
Different crew? Different gears & suits?

I can't place the layout of the store versus the layout on the blueprint.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 11:23)
I have a new theory about the mountains and the Alamo sea:

Directly north of Vinewood lies Mt Zancudo, the huge triangular one seen here. You can see a smaller looking mountain to the left (west) of it. I believe this to be Mt Alamo, due to it's slightly less pointy peak. The alamo sea lies north of Mt Zancudo and spans south-north, rather than west-east. Mt Zancudo lies on its south shores, roughly spanning west - east. Mt Alamo lies on the seas west shores, NW of Mt Zancudo, spanning north - south. This means that this screen is actually facing south, and LS would lie far behind the pointy mountain on the left (Mt Zancudo). This would explain the 'string of mountains' that CVG said separated LS county from Blaine County (the string would be Zancudo mainly).

My theory is kind of similar

user posted image

In the screenshot above I think that the triangular mountain, seen in distance near the top left, is the same large triangular mountain we see North of Vinewood and Griffith.

So the Alamo Sea is much further North and beyond the Alamo Sea there is a large mountain range. You can see two of the mountains in foreground of above screenshot.

THUNDER-TRUMP
  • THUNDER-TRUMP

Black Country Crew - Sole Member

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (flyboy7 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:29)

user posted image

This is definitely the same store VANGELICO and the same store referred to in the plans. Same store logo, same door handles, same credit card stickers on the glass doors, same flooring, same display cases.
Questions:

With the previews saying we can plan and carry out missions in different ways, I think that the 'Suits' way is the guns blazing in and out 5 star wanted level way.
Whilst the 'Bugstarz' way is how you carry the same mission out with the meticulous planning and precision carried out prior (getaway cars and that)

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:40 PM Edited by ChillyPhilly, 04 May 2013 - 12:49 PM.

QUOTE (lxr @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 22:51)
Hm, still no luck with that terraced building on the right. The one below is vaguely similar, and kind of nearby, but it's probably not good enough.

[image]

Could it be this?

The building is the Pacific Commerce Bank.

user posted image

https://maps.google....002642&t=k&z=19

Xx-Homer26-xX
  • Xx-Homer26-xX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hello, I'm new on this forums, these two mountain surrounded might be the same notify.gif

user posted image

user posted image

mawerick_mc
  • mawerick_mc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

^ apparently you can choose not only the masks and weapons, but also the foot with which you kick the front door biggrin.gif

oh and btw, if only anyone from inside could see them coming through that transparent glass... they seem like any regular clients, so no f*cks given by than lady

lxr
  • lxr

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

What's interesting here are the logos/signs: The "X", the red/blue rim, and the red/green (gas station?) design. I'm pretty sure they're going to turn up eventually.

user posted image

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 04 May 2013 - 12:52 PM.

user posted image

Questions:

Don't think it is same place, first picture on left side have windows, while second picture on right side have a door.
And stickers on doors are on other side.
And isn't last picture reversed? "VANGELICO" should be reversed if we would look from behind.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (lxr @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 07:47)
What's interesting here are the logos/signs: The "X", the red/blue rim, and the red/green (gas station?) design. I'm pretty sure they're going to turn up eventually.

user posted image

Xoomer. it was confirmed ages ago.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (lxr @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:47)
user posted image

1145 North Mission Road (found by iGTA5).
user posted image

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

Girly boy

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:47)

user posted image

Questions:

Don't think it is same place, first picture on left side have windows, while second picture on right side have a door.
And isn't last picture reversed?

Its definitely the same place, unless they have other branches of this store.

The image is not reversed. if you flip it, then the words on the other store's windows outside would be reversed, too.

GtaVComments
  • GtaVComments

MUFC Champions 2012/13!!!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (flyboy7 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:29)

user posted image

Questions:

It's because you can customise the mission in your own way.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (flyboy7 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:53)

user posted image

Questions:

The image is not reversed. if you flip it, then the words on the other store's windows outside would be reversed, too.

So then it isnt VANGELICO, but OCILEGNAV?

lxr
  • lxr

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:55 PM Edited by lxr, 04 May 2013 - 12:59 PM.

QUOTE (MinnieMan121249 @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:49)
Xoomer. it was confirmed ages ago.

Ah! Is it in any other shot?

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:53)
North Mission Road (found by iGTA5).

Oh wow!

CrisFormageKIFFLOM
  • CrisFormageKIFFLOM

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

user posted image

Questions:

Its the same place....

You can tell from the plans they are coming in from the left as there is a display case in the centre of the floor.

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

Girly boy

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:55)

user posted image

Questions:

not even R* would use OCILEGNAV. Besides, it wouldn't make any sense for FLEECA to be reverse because its not see through.
and the letters "L" and "S" outside would be reversed too and italicized the wrong way (leaning to the left)

lxr
  • lxr

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 12:55)

It would be ОСІГЗБИАѴ (russian for diamond), situated in Little Moscow, where everything is mirrored (and everyone is left-handed) wink.gif

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

user posted image

Questions:

It might be reversed, why would you read it from the inside? Also the stickers on the two pictures are reversed too. Rockstar used the same texture for them but on one of the pictures it's reversed, also the door gets kicked with different legs, but in the background on the seconds picture there are two L's on the top left which aren't flipped.

bysztel
  • bysztel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Wow, I'm really impressed with your maps, it must have taken crazy amount of time to put it all together. Still, Mt Chilliad remains as much of a mystery as it was when the first trailer was released and I personally am in two minds when it comes to this. Since I find it pretty fun to speculate, let me provide some of my thoughts and please point out if I'm mistaken.

I don't think Chilliad is Alamo Mt. The shape and the size just don't match. The hikers are pretty close to the mountain and are standing on an elevated area themselves which can make the mountain look more massive. Still I'll be surprised if Mt Alamo turned out to be Mt Chilliad. More likely scenario is that Mt Chilliad is what we call Mt Zancudo. In this case the hikers may look:
N - no way, if that was the case, the mountain would be much wider when looking from the city
W - no way, the pictures of Alamo Sea rule that out
S - no way, picture 4 on Kiwi's map clearly shows that the northern slope looks completely different
E - possible since we know nothing about the area W of the mountain, but that would mean the map reaches much further W that we assume

What I find most surprising it that R* don't seem to focus on Mt Chilliad (whatever and wherever it might be) at all. Think about it, in early previews they revealed the existence of Mt Chilliad and stressed how explorable it would be. For me that means there are much more things to do at and near the mountain than in SA. I imagine there being some kind of a ski resort at the top, possible viewing spots, maybe a cable cars going up and down and much more fun stuff to do, but so far R* has shown us literally nothing. The pictures they released (though beautiful) show nothing more than deserted woods and hills with nothing to do or attend. To be clear, I am 100% sure there will be many interesting thing to do and exploration will be great fun, I just don't understand why they won't show us anything, and by 'anything' I mean Mt Chilliad in the first place. Honestly, if I wasn't a GTA and R* fan, I'd be seriously concerned with the lack of variety in the countryside and I don't think that's the vibe they're aiming for with their campaign.
What do you guys think? Do you still expect upcoming screens or trailers to reveal some unknown areas and Mt Chilliad or are you leaning towards the idea Mt Chilliad is one of the mountains we've been shown from the beginning?

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Then it is different store or do doors spawn differently?

user posted image

Bars for doors are on other side and stickers also. Also "VANGELICO" should be mirrored from inside the store. You read text from left to right, not vice versa.

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Different store, no wall.

lxr
  • lxr

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (bysztel @ Saturday, May 4 2013, 13:10)
What do you guys think? Do you still expect upcoming screens or trailers to reveal some unknown areas and Mt Chilliad or are you leaning towards the idea Mt Chilliad is one of the mountains we've been shown from the beginning?

I'd say Mt. Zancudo looking south or Mt. Alamo looking south are the most likely options.

There's still a slice of the map that we haven't seen at all, looking from the city towards the reservoir (and of course there may be a far north and a far east), but the chances of finding such a big mountain in a still unknown part of the map are getting slimmer.

62 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 60 guests, 0 anonymous users