Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,145 replies to this topic
JoanCrawford
  • JoanCrawford

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 00:58)
Has anyone discussed the sweat rings around the collar and under the arms in the Mountain clip?

user posted image

Aww, that is so cute. inlove.gif They are going on a couples workout!

BenDeR_
  • BenDeR_

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

What has any of this to do with building & landmark analysis? confused.gif

dc_ae
  • dc_ae

n/a

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Jamz88 @ Friday, Jan 13 2012, 16:26)
Anyone know what this structure might be? It looks a bit like the Vincent Thomas Bridge but i could be wrong.

user posted image

Well the right side of the red circle looks like a bridge but the left side clearly is a radio/tv/anything tower.
But the Vincent Thomas Bridge was already found. (scene of the speedophile)

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this before but:

user posted image

and

user posted image

In my opinion, those areas are obviously suburbs, and are probably meant to represent the San Gabriel Valley area. Obviously, Los Angeles is known to have extremely large suburban areas, and definitely, Los Santos will not just be urban big buildings and ghettos and Hollywood apartments. There obviously has to be some sort of "middle-class" area, and in real-life LA, those areas are the San Fernando and San Gabriel valleys. The suburbs of LA will obviously be done to a lesser extent, since it would be boring to play in just suburbs. If anyone has played TC: LA, the problem with the game was that the game was an almost perfect recreation of LA, maybe a little too perfect, because a majority of that game's LA, like in real-life, was suburban areas. But still, it's important not to leave these areas out, like they were in GTA: SA LS.

In my opinion, we'll have:

Center: Downtown and some surrounding financial areas. Includes a U.S. Bank Tower replica, other large buildings and some hotels. Near it will be the Staples Center and perhaps the Dodger Stadium.
South and Southeast of Downtown: Likely meant to represent SC and other ghettos, Long Beach, Compton, Watts and Inglewood likely. We might see the return of Grove Street and the Ballas. A lot of crime will take place here, and we'll probably have a large rap culture here. We might see the LS Forum and Jim's Sticky Ring again.
East of LS: Likely Orange County, which is mainly suburbs. Considering Orange County is home to the Anaheim Angels (which includes a large stadium), Disneyland, and Rebecca Black, it would definitely be a mistake to leave these areas out. Anaheim, Orange, Santa Ana and other areas are likely to be represented.
West: The rich side of LS. This includes Vinewood, Santa Maria and Vespucci Beach. We will have major shopping centers, a few affluent suburbs based on Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and possibly Pacific Palisades, and a lot of movie studios and beaches.
North: Includes the San Gabriel and San Fernando valleys, which are home to a large sprawl of middle-class suburban communities. On the hills will likely be a replica of the Hollywood Hills.

Therefore, Los Santos is a lot larger than it was in GTA: San Andreas and is likely larger than Liberty City, probably x3.

leyja
  • leyja

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (dc_ae @ Saturday, Jan 14 2012, 01:38)
QUOTE (Jamz88 @ Friday, Jan 13 2012, 16:26)
Anyone know what this structure might be? It looks a bit like the Vincent Thomas Bridge but i could be wrong.

user posted image

Well the right side of the red circle looks like a bridge but the left side clearly is a radio/tv/anything tower.
But the Vincent Thomas Bridge was already found. (scene of the speedophile)

it would seem out of place remember that this street with the black car is modeled from 4th street that connects downtown with east la and the car just crossed the bridge over the la aquaduct seen here
user posted image

that shot from gta v does look like a bridge but given that we have a pic of the real thing maybe its one of those transmission towers seen on the pic leading me to believe this shot is close by
user posted image

koeklin
  • koeklin

- - - - cut here - - - -

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:28 AM Edited by koeklin, 15 January 2012 - 10:31 AM.

Why not, Beaudry building

user posted image

Near Beaudry buiding (right part of the image above) :

user posted image

Daniel4
  • Daniel4

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

^^ Good finds!

NoxiousWR
  • NoxiousWR

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (koeklin @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 10:28)

user posted image

user posted image

They don't really look anything like the game does in comparison with other real buildings/places found so i'd say theyre wrong monocle.gif

Good try anyway smile.gif

JoanCrawford
  • JoanCrawford

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (NoxiousWR @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 12:19)
QUOTE (koeklin @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 10:28)

user posted image

user posted image

They don't really look anything like the game does in comparison with other real buildings/places found so i'd say theyre wrong monocle.gif

Good try anyway smile.gif

The first one is completely correct. The white pillars look exactly the same. So you are wrong.

bscutajar
  • bscutajar

San Andreas Pro

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

They are not exactly the same... in the game they are much longer.

Jamz88
  • Jamz88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

The second pic looks like the north side of the US Bank Tower.

user posted image

And across the road is the base of the Mile High Club

JoanCrawford
  • JoanCrawford

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Jamz88 @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 00:37)

user posted image

Aww, It's so cute. <3 Good find.

LaBrat
  • LaBrat

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (JoanCrawford @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 03:21)
Aww, It's so cute. <3 Good find.

...cute... mercie_blink.gif

Gifbrah
  • Gifbrah

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:43 AM

user posted image

You sir, have saved us a crap-load of heartache. I feel like this is a huge breakthrough as I've been wondering for a while now what the hell that building was.

I'm gonna go ahead and confirm this one- the similarities are way too much the same.

user posted image

Planters
Windows
Side doors
Structure

Gifbrah
  • Gifbrah

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Would it be a stretch to say that the building behind the US Bank tower in this scene is the ATT building?

It shares very similar characteristics.

user posted image

koeklin
  • koeklin

- - - - cut here - - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

No doubt, these two buildings are US Bank Tower and AT&T Building. Shame on me, US Bank tower is also the building that Fido_le_muet has noted in this place on his map. Thanks Gifbrah and Jamz88.

The small windows outlined in red on AT&T building were not easy to find with Google earth/maps (good find Gifbrah!), this is a better view :

user posted image

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:56 PM Edited by boxmonster, 18 January 2012 - 02:58 PM.

QUOTE (Gifbrah @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 07:43)

You sir, have saved us a crap-load of heartache. I feel like this is a huge breakthrough as I've been wondering for a while now what the hell that building was.

I'm gonna go ahead and confirm this one- the similarities are way too much the same.

Planters
Windows
Side doors
Structure

Good observations it even says something above the garage entrance ("DELIVERIES?"). Anyone else notice that cube-shaped sculpture of an "E" inside the base of the building? Part of the bank's name maybe, still find it illegible though.
user posted image

koeklin
  • koeklin

- - - - cut here - - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:18 PM Edited by koeklin, 18 January 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Is It the SoCal Edison Building behind US Bank Tower in GTA trailer? The shape of the top seems similar.

user posted image

in L.A., this building is between AT&T Building (left) and US Bank Tower (right), nearly the same place...

Or it can be Los Angeles Public Library.

user posted image

I don't know but it's a old building.

koeklin
  • koeklin

- - - - cut here - - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Just an idea... Promenade Plaza near Walt Disney Concert Hall?

user posted image

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Gifbrah @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 03:43)

user posted image

user posted image

Planters
Windows
Side doors
Structure

I'd believe it except the one in game has columns infront of the building, black front exterior on bottom, an overhang, and no stairs and is also much bigger in general. BUT of course Rockstar has the freedom to make any building look how they want it to so....

Hy2RoGeN
  • Hy2RoGeN

Number 1 baby!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (koeklin @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 18:54)
Just an idea... Promenade Plaza near Walt Disney Concert Hall?

user posted image

seriously man, i need to get my eyes checked suicidal.gif never noticed that before.. i thought i had an eye for detail lol

Toml123
  • Toml123

King of all things GTA!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

Iv'e done you all a little present..... edited to show alot more detail!! Let me know if theres any other screenshots that are too blured/light to work details out.....

user posted image

hithere5
  • hithere5

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:49 PM Edited by hithere5, 18 January 2012 - 07:52 PM.

QUOTE (Toml123 @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 19:28)
Iv'e done you all a little present..... edited to show alot more detail!! Let me know if theres any other screenshots that are too blured/light to work details out.....

user posted image

Nice dude!
I´m wondering if there´s already the ocean behind the skyscrapers...

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:31 PM Edited by DS 17, 18 January 2012 - 08:57 PM.

QUOTE (hithere5 @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 20:49)

user posted image

Nice dude!

Very good work. Well done! So in this pic LS is looking smaller than ever. It seems there won't be lots of buildings behind the skyscrapers and from the left to the right the city doesn't seem very wide. And there seems to be a cloud directly under the plane. So this is not a mountain very far away. Haven't know that the blimp is in this pic, too. So I guess we can be sure it will only drive around Downtown Los Santos.

//E: The direction the plane is flying can NOT be North. The sun is definitely rising up there.

I ve edited the pic. So I think we know the flying route of the blimp and maybe the positon of the golf course.

user posted image

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

This screen too gives a decent representation of how big the main city will be itself. Though
there is SO much we don't know and haven't seen.

http://media.gtanet....reenshot-34.jpg

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:44 PM Edited by DS 17, 18 January 2012 - 08:50 PM.

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 21:39)
This screen too gives a decent representation of how big the main city will be itself. Though
there is SO much we don't know and haven't seen.

OK after seeing your posted screen I m sure the plane is flying to the East. So the sun is rising up and not going down. You can also see it if you compare the skyscraper.

I guess we will see in the next trailer the plane again and a city from the East. So this will be the "bridge" to the second trailer.

This should be after my opinion the West. So the sun should go down. If you compare both pics we have East and West, so the skyline in the second pic is in the North from this direction and behind the point where the pic was taken from is South.

//E: Editet the second, too.

user posted image

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (boxmonster @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 14:56)
QUOTE (Gifbrah @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 07:43)

Planters
Windows
Side doors
Structure

Good observations it even says something above the garage entrance ("DELIVERIES?"). Anyone else notice that cube-shaped sculpture of an "E" inside the base of the building? Part of the bank's name maybe, still find it illegible though.
user posted image

To Tom123, can you edit this pic of the Bank? We can't quite make out the lettering of the in-game version.

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (DS 17 @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 20:31)

user posted image

Nice dude!

Very good work. Well done! So in this pic LS is looking smaller than ever. It seems there won't be lots of buildings behind the skyscrapers and from the left to the right the city doesn't seem very wide. And there seems to be a cloud directly under the plane. So this is not a mountain very far away. Haven't know that the blimp is in this pic, too. So I guess we can be sure it will only drive around Downtown Los Santos.

//E: The direction the plane is flying can NOT be North. The sun is definitely rising up there.

I ve edited the pic. So I think we know the flying route of the blimp and maybe the positon of the golf course.

user posted image

What is to the East of SoCal? West?

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (SGT. Johnson @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 21:48)
QUOTE (DS 17 @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 20:31)

Nice dude!

What is to the East of SoCal? West?

Palm Springs is Southwest from Los Angeles.
And Las Vegas is in the West / Northwest from LA.

Malle324
  • Malle324

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (hithere5 @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 19:49)

user posted image

Nice dude!

I dont think so.. Look at my pic:
user posted image
Green: mountains
Red: Westin Bonaveture
Yell: beaches
Look at Westin Bonaveture on your picture and mine. I guess the background isnt sea.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users