26,185 replies to this topic
Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 00:16)
QUOTE (JStarr31 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:59)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:49)
Looks a little too big to me. I think LS is just a little smaller than Dukes and Algonquin together.

all i did was fill in the water of LC and added a little to the south confused.gif

honestly saying Algonquin+Dukes is a laughable... Rockstar wouldn't dream of daring to do something so stupid. Worst case scenerio LS=LC, best (at this point) LS>LC not by much

[IMG]http://img163.images...vfullmap223.png

Pretty sure they said in an interview that the city part was smaller than GTAIV's.

Pretty sure you're bullsh*tting.

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 23:18)
QUOTE (zombie elvis @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 00:16)
QUOTE (JStarr31 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 20:59)
Looks a little too big to me. I think LS is just a little smaller than Dukes and Algonquin together.

all i did was fill in the water of LC and added a little to the south confused.gif

honestly saying Algonquin+Dukes is a laughable... Rockstar wouldn't dream of daring to do something so stupid. Worst case scenerio LS=LC, best (at this point) LS>LC not by much

user posted image

Pretty sure they said in an interview that the city part was smaller than GTAIV's.

Pretty sure you're bullsh*tting.

He must be because its been confirmed that Los Santos (the city) covers more square mileage then Liberty City, meaning, LS is bigger than LC.

Another thing i noticed is that everyone is only comparing the urban epicenter of LS forgetting that the hills and mountain-living also counts as LS (Vinewood Hills, Observatory, etc.) It seems you guys only count the city up until the feet of the mountains/hills

LS is bigger - LC is more concentrated

From what you saw, did Los Santos, the city itself (not including mountains/countryside/etc.) appear bigger than GTA IVís Liberty City?

Los Santos definitely covers more square footage, just as the sprawling Los Angeles metro area does compared to New York City. But just like the real cities, if youíre wondering about the density of the downtown area, Los Santos proper is smaller than Liberty City.

[SOURCE]

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (JStarr31 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 17:15)
QUOTE (sibs44 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 23:02)
QUOTE (JStarr31 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 14:59)

Woahh. I think LS will be a bit bigger though. turn.gif

I agree, but dudes on this forum act like it's the impossible to make a city larger than LC.

Oh well.... since everyone insisted that LS=LC, i decided to make a map that's shows this to remind people that even that is HUGE! Remember some of the city is literally ON the mountains so the urban center isn't where it stops.

Honestly it's just for size comparison of LS vs. LC. Streets/placement/orientations are not to scale, only the overall outline/circumference is.

And besides, It was confirmed by GI (or IGN, dont remember) that LS is bigger than LC area wise. It's only the downtown area that is smaller (not as many skyscrapers as LC).

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

They did say DOWNTOWN is smaller than DOWNTOWN in LC, not the whole city itself. So basically, it's pretty much guaranteed LS is going to be way bigger than LC.

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 23:27)
They did say DOWNTOWN is smaller than DOWNTOWN in LC, not the whole city itself. So basically, it's pretty much guaranteed LS is going to be way bigger than LC.

From what you saw, did Los Santos, the city itself (not including mountains/countryside/etc.) appear bigger than GTA IVís Liberty City?

Los Santos definitely covers more square footage, just as the sprawling Los Angeles metro area does compared to New York City. But just like the real cities, if youíre wondering about the density of the downtown area, Los Santos proper is smaller than Liberty City.

[SOURCE]

@sibz44 & GTAfan786: exactly cookie.gif cookie.gif

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (KidAmnesiac42 @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 07:24)
Ok so I live in California and today I took a train ride from San Diego to LA then a bus ride from LA to Bakersfield and into Fresno... After taking the 5 Freeway North, I think I know where Grapeseed got its inspiration from and where it will be in the game.

Here is Grapevine, a small town area nestled in the mountains (elevation is 1499): http://s15.postimg.o...d975876d26f.png All of this land is FLAT, elevated FLAT LAND that is all farm land... Everything to the right of the road is either a crop or a wine field.

It is miles and miles of crops, wineries, oranges, etc... http://s24.postimg.o..._a3171475e3.jpg

This pic might sway more people: http://s8.postimg.or...ip_02p_farm.jpg

One more pic:
http://s15.postimg.o...yzv/display.jpg

If this is indeed the place where Rockstar got their inspiration for Grapeseed then this could possibly means two things:

1. Grapeseed is NOT near malibu, it will be way way way north, and it won't be near the ocean.

2. San Francisco IS in the game and that is Rockstar's big big big surprise. Could GTA V possible be R* version of ALL of California?

Sorry folks, but I can't let go of the Bay Area just yet....

We have wineries way way way north in the Central California area and a lighthouse that belongs near the bay area. Too many coincidences imo.

Thoughts?

Grapevine wiki: http://en.wikipedia....ine,_California

Good stuff. The Zancudo River runs through Grapeseed in V.

hulkhogan1
  • hulkhogan1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (ChillyPhilly @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 00:08)
QUOTE (KidAmnesiac42 @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 07:24)
Ok so I live in California and today I took a train ride from San Diego to LA then a bus ride from LA to Bakersfield and into Fresno... After taking the 5 Freeway North, I think I know where Grapeseed got its inspiration from and where it will be in the game.

Here is Grapevine, a small town area nestled in the mountains (elevation is 1499): http://s15.postimg.o...d975876d26f.png All of this land is FLAT, elevated FLAT LAND that is all farm land... Everything to the right of the road is either a crop or a wine field.

It is miles and miles of crops, wineries, oranges, etc... http://s24.postimg.o..._a3171475e3.jpg

This pic might sway more people: http://s8.postimg.or...ip_02p_farm.jpg

One more pic:
http://s15.postimg.o...yzv/display.jpg

If this is indeed the place where Rockstar got their inspiration for Grapeseed then this could possibly means two things:

1. Grapeseed is NOT near malibu, it will be way way way north, and it won't be near the ocean.

2. San Francisco IS in the game and that is Rockstar's big big big surprise. Could GTA V possible be R* version of ALL of California?

Sorry folks, but I can't let go of the Bay Area just yet....

We have wineries way way way north in the Central California area and a lighthouse that belongs near the bay area. Too many coincidences imo.

Thoughts?

Grapevine wiki: http://en.wikipedia....ine,_California

Good stuff. The Zancudo River runs through Grapeseed in V.

Another strong possibility for Grapeseed is the Temecula area, which is another area that has miles of vineyards and farmland. In real life it's located a bit southeast of where the wind farms are. Based on not having seen much of what could be in that area of the game, I think it's pretty likely that could be where it's located in the game. Somewhere more up north is possible too though.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

It still seems to me like the city is roughly the size of New Austin and West Elizabeth combined.

FJT2123
  • FJT2123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

user posted image
in this screen it says "NUTSAK" yup.

hulkhogan1
  • hulkhogan1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (FJT2123 @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 03:39)
user posted image
in this screen it says "NUTSAK" yup.

I think it says "Nutsaki" actually.

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (USAPatriot @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 03:00)
The light house is all on it's own right now. We really don't know where or even if it is part of GTA V. It could just be a simple scene they made for the teaser, because it was pretty barren, no trees, etc. But it did have a road.... hmmmm. On my map I just stuck it far to the northwest for now.

user posted image

thats good

AnthonyPrincess
  • AnthonyPrincess

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hello biggrin.gif
I am new here since yesterday lol
And I wanted to say, that I respect you a lot, because you work so hard to make an accurate looking map! :3
Keep that good work biggrin.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 21:00)

Very stupid comment. You'll also look even more stupid when the game comes out. People are already thinking LS is smaller than LC. Get a grip and wait till the game comes out.

Come on now. Just from looking at this screenshot, you should be able to compare the size of LS to LC, and see that LS proper is not as big as Dukes, Algonqin and Alderney combined

user posted image

If Michael and Franklin were stood in a comparable place in Liberty City it would be somewhere around the Getalife building...

user posted image

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Half of that IV screenshot is just goddamn water.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

Hey guys, I was wondering where the FIB and IAA buildings are in this shot? Are they even in this shot?

user posted image

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

On a side note, isn't it amazing how much better GTA V looks in comparison to IV? It's hard to believe they're using the same engine.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 08:33)
Hey guys, I was wondering where the FIB and IAA buildings are in this shot? Are they even in this shot?

user posted image

The two buildings on the left of the Downtown cluster.
One is behind the other though so they look like a single building.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Oooh, awesome. Thanks! Makes sense. Tricky Rockstar, hiding skyscrapers. Starting to get a general orientation for the downtown area now. biggrin.gif

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Its clear the city is f*ckING TINY . I have reiterated this point many times. You will see.

VincentPericant
  • VincentPericant

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 07:24)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 21:00)

Very stupid comment. You'll also look even more stupid when the game comes out. People are already thinking LS is smaller than LC. Get a grip and wait till the game comes out.

Come on now. Just from looking at this screenshot, you should be able to compare the size of LS to LC, and see that LS proper is not as big as Dukes, Algonqin and Alderney combined

user posted image

If Michael and Franklin were stood in a comparable place in Liberty City it would be somewhere around the Getalife building...

user posted image

Whilst you're right about overall size, LS seems a lot more condensed than LC was.

Besides it's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it that counts. Well, that's what I have to keep telling myself sad.gif

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (GKP @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 08:56)
Its clear the city is f*ckING TINY . I have reiterated this point many times. You will see.

I'll bet that it isn't.

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Night Spectre - In that observatory shot you will be able to drive to the beach (in a straight line) to the camera POV in a minute.

Done so over a LONGER distance in IV - you will be able to cross the city very very fast. That is not immersive to me. R* fuc ked this up IMO.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (GKP @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 08:56)

You are getting on my tits now.

It's not tiny. Look how much water is between the islands of Gta IV. Take that out and Los santos is bigger in land mass. And it will be longer in length , you watch.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (GKP @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 00:56)

It doesn't seem tiny to me. Seems small enough that it won't occupy the majority of the map though.

ACUK82
  • ACUK82

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (GKP @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 09:56)

From looking at the screens we have been shown it is easy to assume that, but how can you be sure you have seen the whole city?

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Acuk - because unless LS has a very peculiar 'strip' shape that extends along the coast (which it doesnt, its hemmed in by mountains) ..one can see that the distance from the observatory to the beach will be somewhat near the west to east distance.

Use your eyes - stop being overly optimistic. From the minute I saw that shot I could tell the city is somewhat small. The countryside - fine ...is substantial.

koeklin
  • koeklin

- - - - cut here - - - -

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Saturday, Apr 27 2013, 09:33)

Two buildings in one block :
user posted image

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

The city is not small, at all. Look at this.

This image right here. You see the observatory to the right. but you cannot even see the vinewood hill. And to the left you cannot see all of the hills which end at the beach.

user posted image

Now this screen i captured showes that you can now see where the hills end to the left at the beach but the observatory is out of the frame.

user posted image

To me this shows a view close to street level gives us a better feel of how big the map is. You cannot even see the vinewood sign here or let alone all that space past the vinewood sign which you

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

Now tell me that downtown is very close to the beach.

You cant argue with what i have posted. The length of the map is much longer than it appears when viewed
close to ground.

GKP
  • GKP

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Darrel - yes - according different parts of the coastline it will be different distances.

However...the observatory shot shows the coastline on the right hand side of the screen to be close imo...as in within a mile.

Thats not acceptable for a 'metropolis' like LS.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users