Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,068 replies to this topic
hinti21
  • hinti21

~~<====3

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (doubled @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 12:32)
I think nortex10 is right with his claim about the mountains (the red, green and blue flashing lines).
I also think mickawas could be right with his claim that the sea/lake can be seen in that vinewood sign screenshot.

It's all about perspective, some objects may appear very close to eachother in some screenshot while they are actually very far away from eachother.
user posted image

It moves to fast, I can't follow your argument notify.gif

doubled
  • doubled

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (mickawes @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 13:31)
user posted image

Could be ?

I definitely believe the mountains in the upper part of your screenshot are the same mountains as in this screenshot below. I might be seeing ghosts but i even think i see that building that looks like a church (in front of the mountain, left side of Trevors head) can be seen in your screenshot above that thing that looks like a cactus.

user posted image

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I figured out the map of the Alamo Sea and hills!

I'm creating the map right now, won't look too pretty, but it will clearly show you how everything is located!

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

http://oi35.tinypic.com/x6ejyf.jpg

Is this correct?

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by DS 17, 21 April 2013 - 01:45 PM.

QUOTE (hinti21 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 13:39)
I think nortex10 is right with his claim about the mountains (the red, green and blue flashing lines).
I also think mickawas could be right with his claim that the sea/lake can be seen in that vinewood sign screenshot.

It's all about perspective, some objects may appear very close to eachother in some screenshot while they are actually very far away from eachother.
user posted image

It moves to fast, I can't follow your argument notify.gif

He just wants to point out that it's up to the perspective how the mountains are located or seem being located.
So he showed you the animation in which the stone seems being far away from the building in the back first, in the other perspective it seems being right in front of the building.

initium > Doesn't your map say that LS is located in the North of the sea according to CDE and the heli screen in the top right? The Vinewood sign is heading to the city.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Do we know what's on the upper left corner of this image?
Oh, and is Mt. Chilliad on the top right, somewhere in the distance?

user posted image

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Here's an update on my map!
http://oi35.tinypic.com/dgpl4.jpg

It shows roughly where everything is, and I'm pretty sure everything is right!

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 13:44)

user posted image

I would say that Grapeseed is located at the upper left, on the far west of the map, as IGN said that the 'Zancudo River' snakes through the mountains and vineyards' or words to that effect. Also, I doubt that is Chiliad as it doesn't look as tall as the triangular mountain in the center of the image.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (initium @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:47)
Here's an update on my map!
http://oi35.tinypic.com/dgpl4.jpg

It shows roughly where everything is, and I'm pretty sure everything is right!

Yeah, it seems about right once you figure out that the south is up and the north is down.
It fits with what we have on Kiwi's & Choco's maps wink.gif

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

user posted image

Send this to GKP

koeklin
  • koeklin

- - - - cut here - - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (doubled @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:32)
user posted image

[off topic]
I know this beach, it's where I spend my holidays every years.
The building was a sanatorium, now it's an hospital: http://goo.gl/maps/SyeMW
the concrete block is nearly 350m (0.2 miles) from there
[off topic]

mickawes
  • mickawes

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Does anyone know what is it ?

user posted image

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 13:53)

user posted image

I would say that Grapeseed is located at the upper left, on the far west of the map, as IGN said that the 'Zancudo River' snakes through the mountains and vineyards' or words to that effect. Also, I doubt that is Chiliad as it doesn't look as tall as the triangular mountain in the center of the image.

Yeah, I think you are right. The triangular mountain, Mountain E visible in the center of this picture, seems to be Chilliad as it's the largest mountain around and visible from everywhere (as R* have stated), including LS.

InternetKillTV
  • InternetKillTV

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:39)
QUOTE (kesta195 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 13:53)

user posted image

Yeah, I think you are right. The triangular mountain, Mountain E visible in the center of this picture, seems to be Chilliad as it's the largest mountain around and visible from everywhere (as R* have stated), including LS.

We had this discussion about 100 pages ago, maybe even further. Zancudo is NOT Chilliad. It is far far too small, it is certainly not the mountain rage visible from the alamo sea. Kiwi's map shows us where Zancudo is, accurately too I believe. But one thing is for sure and that Zancudo is too small to be Chilliad. It just isn't xD

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (InternetKillTV @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:43)
We had this discussion about 100 pages ago, maybe even further. Zancudo is NOT Chilliad. It is far far too small, it is certainly not the mountain rage visible from the alamo sea. Kiwi's map shows us where Zancudo is, accurately too I believe. But one thing is for sure and that Zancudo is too small to be Chilliad. It just isn't xD

Well the motorcycle racing event seems to be located on Zancudo, that's why I assumed it was Chilliad (since it had the bike course).
Could Mountain H be Chilliad? Seems to be about as big as Zancudo, though that might be because of the perspective.
user posted image

mickawes
  • mickawes

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

I just noticed this. Sorry if it has been mentionned before

user posted image

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

A Baseball field is more likely wink.gif

mickawes
  • mickawes

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 16:56)
A Baseball field is more likely wink.gif

Well, it looks much more like a bunker.

Doesnt look like this : user posted image

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hmmm, that would be weird having a golf course here.
I'm still going with baseball field even if it looks kinda like a bunker.
But it could be an optical glitch.

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

"The King Has Risen!" - MJ

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

whens your next map update fido. when we get more screens or what?

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Yeah. I've got nothing more to add to the map right now.
I could finish the countryside but I'm waiting for more screens.
Kiwi's map is absolutely great right now and mine would be a copy of it so...

mickawes
  • mickawes

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 17:03)
Hmmm, that would be weird having a golf course here.

Totally, that s why it catched my eyes.

Maybe a children's playground

InternetKillTV
  • InternetKillTV

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:51)

Well the motorcycle racing event seems to be located on Zancudo, that's why I assumed it was Chilliad (since it had the bike course).
Could Mountain H be Chilliad? Seems to be about as big as Zancudo, though that might be because of the perspective.
user posted image

I actually believe the bike race takes place on the mountain seen here: http://www.rockstarg.../screenshot/241

This definitely isn't Zancudo, it's part of the Mt range in front of Alamo with the valley we've been analysing recently.

The pic you also linked to being Zancudo I just can't agree with, the mountain with Trevor is much larger and is also the mountain infront of the Alamo sea that we've been analysing.

Jamie Smith
  • Jamie Smith

"The King Has Risen!" - MJ

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by Jamie Smith, 21 April 2013 - 04:29 PM.

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 15:09)
Yeah. I've got nothing more to add to the map right now.
I could finish the countryside but I'm waiting for more screens.
Kiwi's map is absolutely great right now and mine would be a copy of it so...

Awh Ok.
i know its just one building but i found Eastern Columbia Building on page 420.
Also that 'C' shape beside Echo Lake on your map is Piggyback Yard if you didn't know
http://maps.google.i...F-8&sa=N&tab=il

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

user posted image

Awh Ok.
i know its just one building but i found Eastern Columbia Building on page 420.

Yeah I noticed.
It could be it but it's really hard to see.
I'm keeping that in mind and I'll add it to the map when we have more screens to confirm it wink.gif

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

user posted image

The closer mountain in this pic is Chiliad without a doubt, as it is the larger of the two mountains that border the Alamo sea and we know Chiliad borders it because IGN said so (unless they made a mistake). Also, I brought this up a while ago, look to the far right of 'Chiliad' in this pic, you can see that there is a separate mountain/cliff a far way behind it as you can see the ridge of Chiliad and another mountain behind this, so there appears to be a valley of sorts behind Chiliad.

hinti21
  • hinti21

~~<====3

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

lol, good one lol.gif

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 15:28)

user posted image

The closer mountain in this pic is Chiliad without a doubt, as it is the larger of the two mountains that border the Alamo sea and we know Chiliad borders it because IGN said so (unless they made a mistake). Also, I brought this up a while ago, look to the far right of 'Chiliad' in this pic, you can see that there is a separate mountain/cliff a far way behind it as you can see the ridge of Chiliad and another mountain behind this, so there appears to be a valley of sorts behind Chiliad.

You really think that mountain behind Trevor's head is CHILIAD?!

Surely Chiliad is going to be the largest mountain in the game, and that mountain is way too small.

Look at the triangular mountain in the distance, it is further away and looks around the same size, so I imagine that mountain is way bigger up close.

I don't think the mountain behind Trevor's head is even in the top 5 when it comes to largest mountains, let alone being Chiliad

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 16:11)

user posted image

Surely Chiliad is going to be the largest mountain in the game, and that mountain is way too small.

Look at the triangular mountain in the distance, it is further away and looks around the same size, so I imagine that mountain is way bigger up close.

I don't think the mountain behind Trevor's head is even in the top 5 when it comes to largest mountains, let alone being Chiliad

Well we have seen the Alamo sea from every angle now more or less and these are the only two very large mountains near it. And I wouldn't get your hopes up for Chiliad. Personally I don't think it will top 1500m. Mountains in games are never that big as they would dominate too much of the map. Also, I would have to disagree in that I believe this mountain is larger than the triangular mountain, but it is hard to tell from this perspective.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by RockStarNiko, 21 April 2013 - 04:24 PM.

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 16:15)
QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 16:11)

user posted image

Well we have seen the Alamo sea from every angle now more or less and these are the only two very large mountains near it. And I wouldn't get your hopes up for Chiliad. Personally I don't think it will top 1500m. Mountains in games are never that big as they would dominate too much of the map. Also, I would have to disagree in that I believe this mountain is larger than the triangular mountain, but it is hard to tell from this perspective.

Personally I believe the mountains we see in trailer 1 is where Chiliad is located.

The 3 hikers are either looking at Chiliad or they are stood on Chiliad, halfway up looking across to another mountain in the Chiliad range.

The mountain behind Trevor's head is just a small mountain in the desert.

Look at the size of the buildings at the bottom, can see a building that looks like a church on left and a barn type building on the right.

Compare the height of those buildings to the height of the mountain.

Trevor is actually stood relatively close to the mountain and it is the same size as his head.

I believe if Trevor turned around ~120 degrees he would be looking across the Alamo Sea and see the Chiliad mountains

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users