BEACHFRONT
RECREATION AREA
welcome

Counteract
  • Counteract

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Was just browsing through the pages, could the crane in this picture be the same one you can see behind Michael's house in the second trailer? Just wondering.

user posted image

Tradan
  • Tradan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Just curious. Is this what we think the layout will look like for the map?

Map

Just SA's Map of LS and surrounding area rotated?

Excluding SF of course.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (Counteract @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 18:15)
Was just browsing through the pages, could the crane in this picture be the same one you can see behind Michael's house in the second trailer? Just wondering.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mc5YL.jpg[IMG]

There are two cranes in the picture you posted.

http://i.imgur.com/k1o5Y.jpg

QUOTE (Tradan @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 18:50)
Just curious. Is this what we think the layout will look like for the map?

Map

Just SA's Map of LS and surrounding area rotated?

Excluding SF of course.

I think it's like this - http://i.imgur.com/dEbOO.jpg

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

The map size is definitely a little disappointing, but so was it in gtaiv but i still can play that game all day everyday so Im sure i wont mind.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (Ne0nLiteZ @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 06:24)
The map size is definitely a little disappointing, but so was it in gtaiv but i still can play that game all day everyday so Im sure i wont mind.

Are You serious!!! that map is 100% fake! The map of GTA 5 is RDR, GTA 4 and GTA San Andreas combined!! that is like 3 times bigger then RDR! if u wanna include the under water spaces its 5 times bigger then RDR!!! If u ever played Far Cry 3 the map is massive! the GTA 5 map is about a little bit bigger then that!!! wink.gif

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (dyz @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 07:54)

Are You serious!!! that map is 100% fake! The map of GTA 5 is RDR, GTA 4 and GTA San Andreas combined!! that is like 3 times bigger then RDR! if u wanna include the under water spaces its 5 times bigger then RDR!!! If u ever played Far Cry 3 the map is massive! the GTA 5 map is about a little bit bigger then that!!! wink.gif

What map? Im talking about generally from the trailers, not a specific fan made map on here. And it just will seem dull with only one city. Yeah theyll have little towns, but so did SA. I think over 5 even. 3 cities and many little towns, desert, and country side, and mountain. This will have underwater, mountains, city, few towns, country side, desert. Seems like there is a little too much of nothing this time, but we wont know until we play. Either way ill be buying it and playing it nonstop for months tounge.gif

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Ne0nLiteZ @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 08:00)
QUOTE (dyz @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 07:54)

What map? Im talking about generally from the trailers, not a specific fan made map on here. And it just will seem dull with only one city. Yeah theyll have little towns, but so did SA. I think over 5 even. 3 cities and many little towns, desert, and country side, and mountain. This will have underwater, mountains, city, few towns, country side, desert. Seems like there is a little too much of nothing this time, but we wont know until we play. Either way ill be buying it and playing it nonstop for months tounge.gif

Yeah i know what you mean but it seems small because of the draw distance its is so good, GTA SA was very short draw distance witch makes you feel the map is very big i am not saying its small though! The screens and trailers of gta 5 haven't really shod off the country that much, for example grapeseed is a country town but we only have seen it once witch was on that photo viewer thing if you pre-orded the game! I am sure there is as much little towns then GTA SA!! Rockstar said that they wold rather do one big city and really detailed towns then do 3 small city's!! if you know what i mean! What i think the map would be is the city would be the size of gta 4's city or bigger and the country side would be RDR's map and half of GTA SA's map but with a huge fully explorable detailed Lake in the middle of the country side! And don't forget Rockstar said that this was going to be the biggest game they have ever made!!! biggrin.gif

gim stl
  • gim stl

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

New Screens! xmas.gif Merry Christmas!!!!

leyja
  • leyja

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

you can see the lax tower in the new screenshot with the submarine

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Quick Christmas update :

user posted image
user posted image

And the map :

user posted image

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

The map should be updated to have water all around. I really don't think there would be a plausible way to have mountain boundarys, because as people have stated, fighter jets can easily get over them.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (gtamad8 @ Tuesday, Dec 25 2012, 05:13)
The map should be updated to have water all around. I really don't think there would be a plausible way to have mountain boundarys, because as people have stated, fighter jets can easily get over them.

We will have endless ocean on one side and endless desert on the other side. No endless mountains.

Paul Diaz
  • Paul Diaz

The Don.

• Members

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

user posted image

Could the plane that Trevor is flying be the one he was jumping out of in the second trailer?

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Paul Diaz @ Tuesday, Dec 25 2012, 14:21)
user posted image

Could the plane that Trevor is flying be the one he was jumping out of in the second trailer?

Could be right. R* is trying to show only the same missions for not revealing that much.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:32 PM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 25 December 2012 - 01:45 PM.

Wow, even if the city is only as large as the HD Liberty City, and even if the map above isn't exactly accurate, I must say that the game-world is going to be humongous!

Going from end-to-end in LC felt large enough. Now, imagine going past the limits of a city that's at least as big a LC, only to find that that's only, from the looks of it, a quarter of the map!- That's exactly what GTA:V is going to be

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Dec 25 2012, 12:29)

We will have endless ocean on one side and endless desert on the other side. No endless mountains.

And how exactly would you come to that conclusion?

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Yeah, I don't see endless desert happening. Would be too weird and hard to implement.
There are only two choices :
- surrounded by water
- one side of the map blocked by very high mountains which means a limit in altitude for planes and heli.

But honestly, I really think it's gonna be water all around the map. It's the best choice.
And they should do like in GTA SA, big mountains along the coast to the north of San Fierro and to the East of Las Venturas.
That was a pratical solution as it felt like we were on the continent and not on an island.

sats
  • sats

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 09:40)
Yeah, I don't see endless desert happening. Would be too weird and hard to implement.
- surrounded by water
- one side of the map blocked by very high mountains which means a limit in altitude for planes and heli.

But honestly, I really think it's gonna be water all around the map. It's the best choice.
And they should do like in GTA SA, big mountains along the coast to the north of San Fierro and to the East of Las Venturas.
That was a pratical solution as it felt like we were on the continent and not on an island.

what you felt you were like in continent?lol. lol.gif san andreas area is only 13 sq miles.while los angels city is alone 503 sq miles.

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

Mapper

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

What I mean is that there were lots of places on the sides of the map where you couldn't see the ocean and that was good.
Having beaches everywhere ruins it for me.
That's what I meant wink.gif

The_Majestic
  • The_Majestic

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Dec 25 2012, 12:29)

This.

It's rather obvious.

Njale
  • Njale

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

So there would be infinite coastline as well? That doesn't sound plausible for me. It's easy to create endless water but with land it would create so much problems that i don't see why would they want to have them.

The Unknown Man
  • The Unknown Man

All you maggots smoking fags out there on Hollywood Boulevard

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Njale @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 19:21)
So there would be infinite coastline as well? That doesn't sound plausible for me. It's easy to create endless water but with land it would create so much problems that i don't see why would they want to have them.

This, it's just impossible, and would be incredibly stupid.

PostMeridian
  • PostMeridian

Seo a Aistriú

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Exactly, and the same goes for the use of impassable mountains. The ability to explore water dictates that the game world will have to be an island. Unless there are invisible walls blocking the player's way along coastlines, of course, but that seems contrary to Rockstar's principles.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (The Unknown Man @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 14:46)

This, it's just impossible, and would be incredibly stupid.

Infinite coast is not impossible.

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

But what about multiplayer? The land would have to load the same for each player if it's procedurally generated. That'd be pretty difficult with the speeds we'd be able to achieve.

wojas
  • wojas

A Lannister always pays his debts

• Members

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (sats @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 12:07)
QUOTE (Fido_le_muet @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 09:40)
- surrounded by water

what you felt you were like in continent?lol. lol.gif san andreas area is only 13 sq miles.while los angels city is alone 503 sq miles.

If los santos will be a 50x times smaller version of los angeles it will be still bigger than LA noire Los Angeles and i hope it is bigger cool.gif

Bluepolitician
  • Bluepolitician

FPSPolitician

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

San Andreas felt a lot bigger than 13 sq miles. The thing about the new game that it's size will also come from Ocean depths and sky limits. Los Santos will be really big but nothing near real L.A.. An in terms of a boarder. Hopefully the northern most part of the map will be mountains which you can't fully climb. And the southern part could just have a massive expanse of water but that would mean that you can you underwater. Which seems like a very large waste of detail but Rockstar always got something up their sleeve.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

I will go for endless water, but it will take a lot of space as the ocean floors are fully detailed and the fact that the water contains fish, sharks and maybe more animals.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Wednesday, Dec 26 2012, 21:06)
But what about multiplayer? The land would have to load the same for each player if it's procedurally generated. That'd be pretty difficult with the speeds we'd be able to achieve.

I'm not expert on this stuff, but I would believe a similar algorithm as to the endless sea might be used.

Also, deserts in California aren't that filled with that much stuff. They're pretty much just plants, rocks, and maybe some joshua trees.

user posted image

An algorithm (once again, not an expert) of generating low quality plants and perhaps Joshua trees is perfectly possible.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users