• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

user posted image

I guess it is based on the touristic town of Big Bear Lake. There is:

- An airport
- A lake
- Mountains and vegetation (coniferous)
- Ski resorts -> Snow -> It is believed that GTA V will have 4 seasons
- "Bay Drive" makes me think there's water close - the town is related to water.

adrian949
  • adrian949

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

to FCM ^^^

This looks like nothing like big bear (been snowboarding there since I was a little grom). For one there is nothing but pine trees there (there are some regular trees in the screenshot ) and it looks like this is at the foot of the mount chiliad.

FCM
  • FCM

Toreno

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Big mountain =/= Mount Chiliad necessairly.

stayupthere
  • stayupthere

CJ

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

With all these new images coming about, I'm starting to think the map that was leaked nearly a year ago might've been 100% legit at the time it was leaked.
(This is not the only image I see similarities in) ph34r.gif
user posted image
user posted image
What do you guys think?

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

you might be on to something
  • dice likes this

RipGore
  • RipGore

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (stayupthere @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 23:17)
With all these new images coming about, I'm starting to think the map that was leaked nearly a year ago might've been 100% legit at the time it was leaked.
user posted image
user posted image
What do you guys think?

Show us more proof. I think this is a fairly decent discovery.

RiccardoPatrese
  • RiccardoPatrese

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:35 AM Edited by RiccardoPatrese, 13 November 2012 - 07:37 AM.

Is the bridge on the first pic (top left) the same as on the second pic (bottom right)?

user posted image

user posted image

Besides that, in real life the Salton Sea is behind the Liquor Store (on the right side of the picture), that should give us a idea of the position of the Liquor Store.

user posted image

ministryman
  • ministryman

GTA: Vice City!!!

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

You know as nauseating as it is to look at that map, I gotta say it might be legit.......

One city, three smaller towns and countryside surrounding it...

RiccardoPatrese
  • RiccardoPatrese

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (stayupthere @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 07:17)
What do you guys think?

That was proven to be a fake, Mount Chilliad (bottom left) is exact the same as in GTA SA.

stayupthere
  • stayupthere

CJ

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

More proof? monocle.gif
Same land forms separated by water:
user posted image
user posted image

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:07 AM Edited by Racecarlock, 13 November 2012 - 08:10 AM.

QUOTE (stayupthere @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 01:01)
More proof?  monocle.gif
(two big ass maps that you can just scroll up to look at)

Oh sh*t. Focus on the purple area with the vinewood sign. The roads have the same curves.

Edit: Hey stayupthere, do you have a link to that leaked map?

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:12 AM Edited by philley, 13 November 2012 - 08:16 AM.

It can not be this map as someone posted that behind the Chiliad the map does continue,...

IF SO, this is the leaked full map:

user posted image

Also it is surrounded by water = Will not happen!

stayupthere
  • stayupthere

CJ

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 08:07)
QUOTE (stayupthere @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 01:01)
More proof?  monocle.gif
(two big ass maps that you can just scroll up to look at)

Oh sh*t. Focus on the purple area with the vinewood sign. The roads have the same curves.

Edit: Hey stayupthere, do you have a link to that leaked map?

Map:
http://postimage.org/image/5n4ms88et/

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (stayupthere @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 01:17)
user posted image
user posted image
What do you guys think?

Long time lurker and have been following this thread since day 1. From someone who's payed very close attention to every detail posted here and appreciates the efforts, I believe this could be a possibility but question the following:

- 1 screenshot shows a railroad bridge with another bridge visible in the background, but the map doesn't.

- In the trailer, the highway interchange from the scene that shows "Koreatown" is not visible in that layout on this map at all.

- In one screenshot you can see what's more than likely the airport terminal in the distance behind a bridge, but that's not possible from any angle on this map.

- The layout of the roads including the bridge in the desert skydiving pic isn't on this map. No similar fork in the road.

- Grapeseed doesn't seem to be in the desert, but no abundance of green or countryside farmland is present.

***This map does however have some similarities and doesn't show the pier, so it's a possibility that maybe it was unfinished and has been modified since it was leaked?

RiccardoPatrese
  • RiccardoPatrese

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (stayupthere @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 08:01)
More proof? monocle.gif

Stop this thing, that map is FAKE, the guy himself who made that map said on GTAForums that it was made by him and it is fake: Here!

stayupthere
  • stayupthere

CJ

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (JuankAirPilot @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 08:21)
QUOTE (stayupthere @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 01:17)
(This is not the only image I see similarities in)  ph34r.gif
user posted image
user posted image
What do you guys think?

Long time lurker and have been following this thread since day 1. From someone who's payed very close attention to every detail posted here and appreciates the efforts, I believe this could be a possibility but question the following:

- 1 screenshot shows a railroad bridge with another bridge visible in the background, but the map doesn't.

- In the trailer, the highway interchange from the scene that shows "Koreatown" is not visible in that layout on this map at all.

- In one screenshot you can see what's more than likely the airport terminal in the distance behind a bridge, but that's not possible from any angle on this map.

- The layout of the roads including the bridge in the desert skydiving pic isn't on this map. No similar fork in the road.

- Grapeseed doesn't seem to be in the desert, but no abundance of green or countryside farmland is present.

***This map does however have some similarities and doesn't show the pier, so it's a possibility that maybe it was unfinished and has been modified since it was leaked?

I agree with you, I believe this map was accurate at the time it was leaked. Since then they could have changed a few minor things on the map such as extending the top so that isn't as flat along the top edge as well as road paths and such.

AussieDude
  • AussieDude

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (philley @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 08:12)
It can not be this map as someone posted that behind the Chiliad the map does continue,...

picture

You DO realize that map was created by a user on GTAforums right?

RiccardoPatrese
  • RiccardoPatrese

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (stayupthere @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 08:28)
I agree with you, I believe this map was accurate at the time it was leaked. Since then they could have changed a few minor things on the map such as extending the top so that isn't as flat along the top edge as well as road paths and such.

Read!

Stop this thing, that map is FAKE, the guy himself who made that map said on GTAForums that it was made by him and it is fake: Here!

stayupthere
  • stayupthere

CJ

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:39 AM Edited by stayupthere, 13 November 2012 - 08:51 AM.

QUOTE (RiccardoPatrese @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 08:31)
QUOTE (stayupthere @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 08:28)

Read!

...Omg, if that post is 100% real then that is the most realistic fake map (with the most outrageous coincidences)! If that's the case.. FALSE ALARM guys confused.gif

Although it is interesting....

VincentPericant
  • VincentPericant

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

user posted image

Also it seems a bit too square to be real. SA was quite square and amateurish, whereas in the HD era the maps have been a bit more realistic in shape (think IV and RDR)

Theking79
  • Theking79

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

The map will be an island probably, they wouldn't put planes in if it has impassable mountains

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 21:20)
Actually, the industrial area in South Alderney (New Jersey) was quite big. But what amazes me is the increased drawing distance. There was no way in IV to see so much of the city in one shot, and the evening smog makes it all look really good.

See this for comparison (LC, looking west, rendered using elevation data, click for full size):

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ypP5b.png[IMG] [/QUOTE]
This is what the cities would look like together if the Bank Tower was right next to the Chrysler Building:

user posted image

Ok.. Only problem with this comparision is that in the GTA V pic, we are higer up from the sea level than in the GTA IV pic.
Thus -> The Chrysler building vs. Bank of America building comparison is off.

I think..

Boss7dm
  • Boss7dm

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

the city need to be 2x bigger than the city n that map cuz we ll have only one city

Warmaster666
  • Warmaster666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

user posted image
user posted image
What do you guys think?

But how fits the skydiver in this? It looks if the landmass is stretching further to the upper left, where there is water on your map.

user posted image

user posted image

VincentPericant
  • VincentPericant

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (VincentPericant @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 08:41)

user posted image

Also it seems a bit too square to be real. SA was quite square and amateurish, whereas in the HD era the maps have been a bit more realistic in shape (think IV and RDR)

This map also makes no sense in that there is a full channel of water in between the islands. If this were the case then all of that water would be at the same level, but we have seen waterfalls which suggest that water actually comes from down the mountains.

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.
  • SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

In that map, the river is too wide (~4-5 blocks of a small town) to be the Zancudo. Also, the curves on the river are too steep on the map compared to the screenshot.
The mountain ranges on either side of the river don't have enough space to expand, if that map is real. The small town in the middle of the map, above the river seems to be on flat land, where should be mountains, according to the screenies.
Finally, since the map is created in the beginning of the dev cycle, where is the reservoid and dam overlooking LS?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (VincentPericant @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 02:40)
QUOTE (VincentPericant @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 08:41)

user posted image

This map also makes no sense in that there is a full channel of water in between the islands. If this were the case then all of that water would be at the same level, but we have seen waterfalls which suggest that water actually comes from down the mountains.

I can debunk this map: No dam, no salton sea.

/Discussion

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Theking79 @ Tuesday, Nov 13 2012, 02:03)

The map will be an island probably, they wouldn't put planes in if it has impassable mountains

The desert/ocean/mountains will be endless not impassable

artificialguy
  • artificialguy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

This "leaked" map is obviously fake. There is no space for dam, Marina Del Ray looks different, LS Harbour is also nothing like in the screens.

gracz209
  • gracz209

Kurwa

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

(This is not the only image I see similarities in)  ph34r.gif
user posted image
user posted image
What do you guys think?

user posted image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users