Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

8,718 replies to this topic
LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 10:02)
A Buffalo police car is also something that Rockstar must take a look at. Those are nice handeling cars.

More than likely R* will have replaced the Impala from GTA IV with the buffalo as the Police Patrol because the LAPD doesn't really use Impalas (for a reason) and the buffalo (Charger) is a much more popular vehicle in reality and in the game. I have personally owned several Police Crown Vics, Chargers, and an Expedition and I love the Vics for holding equipment and cost, but the Chargers drive like sports cars and are tons of fun.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 10:08)
A Buffalo police car is also something that Rockstar must take a look at. Those are nice handeling cars.

More than likely R* will have replaced the Impala from GTA IV with the buffalo as the Police Patrol because the LAPD doesn't really use Impalas (for a reason) and the buffalo (Charger) is a much more popular vehicle in reality and in the game. I have personally owned several Police Crown Vics, Chargers, and an Expedition and I love the Vics for holding equipment and cost, but the Chargers drive like sports cars and are tons of fun.

You owned them? Dude that's sick! colgate.gif Here in Holland we unfortunately can not buy those cars due to the gasprices :-(

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 10:11)

You owned them? Dude that's sick! colgate.gif Here in Holland we unfortunately can not buy those cars due to the gasprices :-(

Yep, I'm in one right now on my laptop while I work. I'm security right now but training to be a police officer. I also sell them. I've had about 35 Crown Vics so far and 2 Chargers. I love the Chargers more but the Vics fit my budget better. As a matter of fact I sold one of the Chargers to a guy in the UK fully equipped.

mrmojo_prime
  • mrmojo_prime

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:20 AM Edited by mrmojo_prime, 04 November 2011 - 11:24 AM.

What would you guys think if Rockstar ran with these fugly look vehicles
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
They are the Carbon motor compenys E7 perpose built police cruisers they will be out in 2012 for the US markit.

personally I like the Ford Crown victoria and Dodge Charger Police unites more. does any one know if they will be used in California, cuase thats means they vary well may end up in GTA V if the game is set in 2012.

It is Shiny and has a shed load of lights on it you couldn't miss the thing comming down the road.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

I like the current police cars more than anything else ever suggested.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 10:23)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 10:11)

Yep, I'm in one right now on my laptop while I work. I'm security right now but training to be a police officer. I also sell them. I've had about 35 Crown Vics so far and 2 Chargers. I love the Chargers more but the Vics fit my budget better. As a matter of fact I sold one of the Chargers to a guy in the UK fully equipped.

Whoa dude! happy.gif

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:16 PM

I highly dislike The Carbon Motors E7. Carbon Motors jumped into the market with no idea what so ever about what police need in a vehicle and they were going around ignorantly stating that the Crown Vics and Chargers were regular civilian cars that weren't made for police which was a completely false statement. Not to mention that they are horribly ugly.

Also to those who are fine with the current police vehicles in GTA how could you possibly think that? They are so bland and old looking.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 05:00)
QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 04:54)
I just hope the online will be good for police clans. If it's good then I am happy and I will buy the game!  anuj_cop.gif

That's true. No matter what the game is going to be awesome, but if they make the changes that we are seeking than I would play it all the way up to the release of GTA VI without getting bored. I still think GTA IV is a great game, but I'm bored of it now because I have played it so much and it's difficult to use your imagination to keep the game fun with so little out of mission interactions.

Yea, that is very true. Are you a police officer? or...

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

I agree with this car.

user posted image

This car is cool but it's lights are annoying.

user posted image

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

I like the E7. It's a Spaceship next to the Vic. Lots of lights= Awesome. tounge.gif

I'd suggest unlocking one after completing all the Vigilante missions, but lose the goofy suicide doors and pathetic disease-al engine. Make it stonking fast. Supercharged. I want Police taxis aswell; in GTA this could give endless hilarious scope for side missions whereupon you jump in a police taxi and drive around, collecting and dropping off fares whilst at the same time listening to the police radio. Suddenly a dispatch comes in and you hit the lights and siren and go tearing off after the criminal with your fare SCREAMING IN TERROR!

Even more lights! Undercover cars should get flashing/sweeping underbody lights in red & blue. Unmistakable.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

That one looks EPIC:
user posted image

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 05:58)
It definitely seems that even just the addition of some good modern Crown Vics would satisfy a whole lot of people. I'm sitting in one right now on the job. They are awesome cars.

I miss working in Crown Vics so much! Such awesome and reliable cars. They have me in a Nissan Altima now....yuk.

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (ZeeKid2k10 @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 07:46)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I wish Rockstar will do these

I like!!

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (TheTerminatorNY @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 13:47)
QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 05:58)
It definitely seems that even just the addition of some good modern Crown Vics would satisfy a whole lot of people. I'm sitting in one right now on the job. They are awesome cars.

I miss working in Crown Vics so much! Such awesome and reliable cars. They have me in a Nissan Altima now....yuk.

The Nissan is not that bad. I'm in one myself, it's black. The Crown Vic does have power depending on the engine, it's just heavy. LOL!!

Silvermaan
  • Silvermaan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

I don't want the to change. Those cars are the 97-11 Crown Vics for the GTA World. They may be based on the 91-97 model but I don't see any reason to change them. Maybe as second/third cruiser

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

To answer spencers question I'm a police trainee at the moment and also work security, but I own an emergency vehicle solutions company as well. So I know all there is to know about police cars and the equipment that they use.

Also Nissans are good civilian vehicles, but horrible for security and police work.

xUSMC SSGTx
  • xUSMC SSGTx

United States Marine Treadhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

Well it looks like this is the thread to be in. I've been a cop for almost 10 years and I've used crown vics almost the entire time. There were brief times i had to use impalas and once i got saddled with a durango, but crown vics always win my vote. I sent the email to rockstar but i added a line about them putting police uniforms as a clothing option in multiplayer.

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 10:32)
Also Nissans are good civilian vehicles, but horrible for security and police work.

Exactly. I'm 6'4" and 215 pounds, add in a vest and duty belt and the Altima is not the best fit!

Anyway to get back on topic, I agree I would love to see Rockstar make better looking police cars, especially the emergency lights. Headlights should also flash.

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (TheTerminatorNY @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 15:33)
QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 10:32)

Exactly. I'm 6'4" and 215 pounds, add in a vest and duty belt and the Altima is not the best fit!

Anyway to get back on topic, I agree I would love to see Rockstar make better looking police cars, especially the emergency lights. Headlights should also flash.

You think that's bad? Some of our unmarked vehicles were 2005' Ford Fiesta's over here. wink.gif

PTY997
  • PTY997

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

Im up for supporting this idea, As long as it accommodates the Xbox and PS3 community as long as we can still use proximity chat, and turn police off but still obtain there vehicles as well as a larger mulitplayer ability from 16 to maybe 22 or 24 would be nice.

Millionsofdeadcops
  • Millionsofdeadcops

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

As long as we can shoot at them and blow them up, I'll be happy ^^

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Also got a short personalized message back from the folks at Rockstar. Whether they do something with it or not, the fact they took the time to reply back (non-automated) really says something about them. I like that.

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

yeah keep the emails going to them!!! this thread got over 3000 views if only 30% of those viewers emailed them they would atleast consider it

GTA C13
  • GTA C13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:49 AM

Hopefully I didn't misinterpret your main post, but I don't want the cars to be Christmas Trees. LAPD uses virtually no lights on their cars(main lightbar, brake light strobes, and hideaways in the turn signal), besides some additional ones in the grille and on the back on some chargers and SUVs. Also, I would like them to keep this current light effect and put the MX7000 knockoff on a more modern looking crown vic like the older LAPD cars, but have a majority of them using Arjent knockoffs with an LED style light effect. Here's an example of the current LAPD cvpis:CVPI

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (GTA C13 @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 01:49)
Hopefully I didn't misinterpret your main post, but I don't want the cars to be Christmas Trees. LAPD uses virtually no lights on their cars(main lightbar, brake light strobes, and hideaways in the turn signal), besides some additional ones in the grille and on the back on some chargers and SUVs. Also, I would like them to keep this current light effect and put the MX7000 knockoff on a more modern looking crown vic like the older LAPD cars, but have a majority of them using Arjent knockoffs with an LED style light effect. Here's an example of the current LAPD cvpis:CVPI

What I think most people in the thread are asking for is that the actual car itself, the body style of it, be revamped and based closer on the Crown Victoria Police car that is so common and heavily associated with the USA.

Personally, I think that's asking quite a lot of Rockstar considering the game is obviously in the later stages of development.

What I'm personally looking for, is for Rockstar to scrap the lighting effect of the light bar, and replace it with a lighting effect similar to what the PC modders do (like at the start of this video; ).

I don't know much about videogames' inner workings, but i am under the impression that if some Joe Soap sitting at home can make the police lights look so much better and more realistic, then it shouldn't be too difficult for Rockstar themselves to incorporate it into the game.

Sixta
  • Sixta

AMERIKEE IZ WATCHIN'

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:05 AM Edited by Sixta, 05 November 2011 - 02:12 AM.

nvm found it

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

To clarify for some people none of the modifications that we are suggesting are too difficult or time consuming for R* to use despite how far they may already be along with the production of the game and especially considering the size of they're organization. It takes at home PC modders only days to do some of these mods so R* should be able to do it even quicker.

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (chokeslamcena @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 01:59)
What I think most people in the thread are asking for is that the actual car itself, the body style of it, be revamped and based closer on the Crown Victoria Police car that is so common and heavily associated with the USA.

My main worries are with the effects of the light bar too. Can't say I am really impressed with the police car itself but it'll do.

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (VIPERGTSR01 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 20:01)
The Australian designed/made 2012 Chevrolet Caprices would be a great car to include, isn't California one of the states that are using them?

I'd think they would be called the "Hardon Commode" or something like that if they were included in GTA V, because they're based off of the Holden Commodore in Australia.

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

This is something I just noticed, if you take a good look at this little gif here, you can clearly see the reflection of the red/blue flashing lights on the road, and even in the license plate of the red sports car. In the next scene of the three cops chasing a suspect in a foot chase, you can clearly see those red/blue flashing lights flaring up the environment. That's a really nice effect which I can assume will only look awesome at night-time.

Gif courtesy of a member here who has it in his sig.

user posted image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users