Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:14 PM

yeah, they sent me a similar reply hours later so. I think they do get read

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

Email sent!

Adding working searchlights couldn't be simpler; when you trigger high-beams the searchlight illuminates instead, and turning/tilting the camera turns/tilts the light with it. Would it really be so tough to program? Lighting is already coded into the game for headlights, and helicopters carry searchlights too...

Sixta
  • Sixta

AMERIKEE IZ WATCHIN'

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Wouldn't it be better to start a petition on here, and have those who support it sign it. That way it could be seen and garner more support than individual people sending out emails.

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Sixta @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:40)
Wouldn't it be better to start a petition on here, and have those who support it sign it. That way it could be seen and garner more support than individual people sending out emails.

It sounds crazy enough to work!

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

You know what, I'm in shock.

I replied back to the email i got because I wasn't sure if it was automated or not. I said:

------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Not sure if that's an automated email or not, but if not, then fair play to you, gentlemen.

To have a human actually read and respond to a fanbase amidst what is no doubt an extremely busy time, is a fantastic feat in today's 'autoreply' world.

I do hope my comments are considered and taken on board (obviously), but I want to thank you for your time.

Best wishes,

Shane

-------------------------------------------------

Then I got a reply back just a moment ago saying:

-----------------------------------------------

Hey Shane,

Nope Ė no automated emails here. We arenít really able to answer certain questions sometimes, and in this case itís because weíve just released the trailer yesterday. Hope you can understand.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I find that incredible. My hat is firmly off to them. Rockstar certainly don't need to be actually reading stuff (let's face it, how many companies the size of theirs actually reads individual emails and writes lengthy replies). Fair dues to them.

ClareXoBearrx3
  • ClareXoBearrx3

Chief Technology Officer, NTWT

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

Ok, I read the first page of comments, and I don't have time to read the other 5 pages, so here we go.

I know quite a bit about the Ford Crown Victoria, so here's what I have to say.

1. The Police Cruiser in GTA IV and GTA 5 is not based off of the Crown Victoria; based on my analysis. It's more-so based on the '99/04 Mercury Grand Marquis. The modeling and such resembles more of the Marquis than it does the Crown Victoria. This is interesting, since modern-day law enforcement agencies heavily use the Crown Victoria (never the Grand Marquis). Just for the record, as of February of 2011, the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor has been permanently discontinued by the Ford Motor Company. Starting 2011 onward, the Police Interceptor is based off of a Ford Taurus. I personally love the Crown Victoria, but that's just me.

2. It makes sense for GTA 5 to use the Crown Victoria, since the game setting appears to be taking place some time in 2011 - 2012 (present time). Although Ford is using the Ford Taurus as the new Police Interceptor, most law enforcement agencies in the U.S. have not yet completely transitioned...for good reason. They will transition when necessary, most likely when the Crown Victoria's are heavily outdated.

3. The Chevrolet Caprice was discontinued back in 1996. The nameplate, however, was re-introduced in 2011, and the police version is known as the Chevrolet Caprice PPV. Most agencies in the U.S., however, still don't use this. I'm not saying it's a vehicle that shouldn't be included; it's just not one of the common ones.

4. All this being said, it is definitely possible for Rockstar to improve the model of the Police Cruiser to bear more of a resemblance of the Crown Victoria. It reminds me of it vaguely, however the model is not of a Crown Vic, instead a Grand Marquis. I really hope they can do this; this would make me quite happy. And, don't tell me they can't --- they did a decent job on the front of the Police Patrol (Merit) in GTA IV which was a resemblance to the Chevrolet Impala. I know they can't do an exact resemblance, but at least make the front look better.

Hope that clears things up a bit. biggrin.gif

I personally dislike the Impala, but that's just me tounge.gif

ClareXoBearrx3
  • ClareXoBearrx3

Chief Technology Officer, NTWT

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (visionist @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 17:18)
Email sent!

Adding working searchlights couldn't be simpler; when you trigger high-beams the searchlight illuminates instead, and turning/tilting the camera turns/tilts the light with it. Would it really be so tough to program? Lighting is already coded into the game for headlights, and helicopters carry searchlights too...

This is great. I would love to have searchlights. And, no. It's not difficult to program. (I'm a programmer myself). smile.gif

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

Done. Everyone go to the petition and sign it please. EVERYONE. We must show rockstart that we want better police cars. http://www.gtaforums...entry1060830030

mooby346
  • mooby346

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Sent that copy/paste email in the first post to the R* email address, and I got a personalized response to, where they thanked me for my thoughts on the vehicles. Not gonna copy and paste it here but they definitely do take the time to at least open the emails, even if they got the point from my header lol.

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 00:06)
Done. Everyone go to the petition and sign it please. EVERYONE. We must show rockstart that we want better police cars. http://www.gtaforums...entry1060830030

Was it deleted or something? I can't see the topic.

DJ-PRIME90
  • DJ-PRIME90

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:27 AM Edited by DJ-PRIME90, 04 November 2011 - 12:29 AM.

Ya I'm a little disappointed with the cop cars. They look like the same ones from SA, same with the ambulance.
R* should have taken note on how SR did their emergency vehicle lights.

They shouldn't use actual crown vics, but at least design a decent looking cop car. Like OP said, LED light bar. I'd like to see wig-wag's on the headlights + strobes together. Add a push bumper. LED hide-away's in the tail lights and reverse.

Ambulances, all the outside lights around the roof of the ambulance should have red LED's.

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Well this is great.. now that we know it's a real person reading these emails hopefully they can forward them to the correct people at rockstar... I think more people should write them about this.... and yea search lights shouldn't be hard at all for them to do since lights and reflections is already implemented in the game engine just like GTA SA and GTA IV everythings there just needs to be coded

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

We've just seen the first trailer of GTA V and you guys are already not satisfied with how the police car looks? Wow!

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 00:32)
We've just seen the first trailer of GTA V and you guys are already not satisfied with how the police car looks? Wow!

That's exactly what this topic is about. Good observation! In all seriousness, what's wrong with providing constructive criticism on a topic we think could use improvement?

Patrick McReary
  • Patrick McReary

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:41 AM

E-mail sent. Also asked them if they could make multiplayer similar to SAMP.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

5 star wanted level:
Cops use South-African Marauder modeled vehicle to ram you.

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

And also i was thinking that they should add working flashlights for cops and tazers how cool would that be

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Gravedigger69 @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 00:52)
And also i was thinking that they should add working flashlights for cops and tazers how cool would that be

That'd be very cool, but it won't happen. At least not in time for V.

If people are going to email about the ES vehicles, or the lightbars or whatever, if you're going to throw a bunch of other suggestions into the email, too, can you stop and think for a minute about the ideas and how feasible they are?

I think we could potentially be onto a winner here with getting a small change done (well, i think i'm laughing by just asking them to copy the pc modders lighting effects, as that seems a fairly painless change to make, but i don't see them re-doing complete cars, so i'd say ye guys are screwed, haha).

However, if we bloat our emails with lots of ideas, the impact of them and the chance of them being used or thought about, becomes fairly minimal.

Try and remain focused on what it is you want, people smile.gif (and the petition seems like a cool idea, but I've never heard of an online petition making a difference in any situations, so I wouldn't pester R* too much with it. I'm sure they'd appreciate a well-written email a lot more than a petition with a hundred usernames on it. Again, all about the impact. One person making a genuine suggestion and following up with why they think it's a valuable contribution will far outweight a petition with one hundred Luke Skywalkers). tounge.gif

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (chokeslamcena @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 01:09)
QUOTE (Gravedigger69 @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 00:52)

That'd be very cool, but it won't happen. At least not in time for V.

If people are going to email about the ES vehicles, or the lightbars or whatever, if you're going to throw a bunch of other suggestions into the email, too, can you stop and think for a minute about the ideas and how feasible they are?

I think we could potentially be onto a winner here with getting a small change done (well, i think i'm laughing by just asking them to copy the pc modders lighting effects, as that seems a fairly painless change to make, but i don't see them re-doing complete cars, so i'd say ye guys are screwed, haha).

However, if we bloat our emails with lots of ideas, the impact of them and the chance of them being used or thought about, becomes fairly minimal.

Try and remain focused on what it is you want, people smile.gif (and the petition seems like a cool idea, but I've never heard of an online petition making a difference in any situations, so I wouldn't pester R* too much with it. I'm sure they'd appreciate a well-written email a lot more than a petition with a hundred usernames on it. Again, all about the impact. One person making a genuine suggestion and following up with why they think it's a valuable contribution will far outweight a petition with one hundred Luke Skywalkers). tounge.gif

Yeah your right was just an idea... I didn't email them about that just the cop car for now. But who knows maybe that stuff is already in the game? There's alot there not showing us on just 1 min trailer

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 09:11)
Another cool modification would be the ability to control the lights like real police vehicles and individually from the siren like front, rear, direction left, etc. and even the ability to buy and modify any vehicle in the game with this type of equipment. Much like how people were modifying the police cars for GTA IV on the PC. And to respond to the earlier comment about keeping them the same since it's the same time period as GTA IV, that makes sense, but I still think that they should be changed even if it means making an update that upgrades the GTA IV police vehicles. That might even make other people who never owned GTA IV want to buy it.

I so agree on that one. Have the ability to mod your police vehicle while playing police missions. Install led's or different types of sirens. The police cars need to look more like an crownvic. They may include suv's like in san andreas, you had state troopers if I'm not mistaken. I hope they beef the police car option up smile.gif

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Mysterious @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 14:44)
QUOTE (Gravedigger69 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 14:24)
How about telling them to add controllable searchlight on the police cars like in real life that's been something I wanted to see added for years, would be great for multiplayer and shouldn't be hard to add since there's already a spotlight mounted on the cars just doesn't do anything

Ideas like this are simply asking too much. You forget that this is a GTA game, not a police simulation. Sure, it would be nice to have a working spotlight, individually controllable lights and siren amongst other things, but really, you have to take things into perspective and realise that the vast majority of GTA players really wouldn't give a damn about it. Instead, I think that something which genuinely is important is giving the cop cars some love and making them look less like 1997 stock cars that belong in some scrapyard, but you do this by introducing more accurate representations of their real life counterparts, rather than spending a lot of unnecessary development time working on features that only 2% of GTA players would use.

What we really need is better cars, unmarked and marked, like the Buffalo and Sultan, with credible emergency lighting that really gives you the thrill of the police chase, similar to the effects in games like NFS: HP.

I like that idea, marked or unmarked would be nice. icon14.gif

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:37 AM Edited by LoneWolfATL, 04 November 2011 - 03:40 AM.

Some of you are suggesting that other ideas like tasers and flashlights for cops are far fetched, but how do you figure that? They had flashlights in L.A. Noire, and Saints Row already has a game with tasers. I think these are great ideas that should be easy to incorporate into the game, but to me the biggest thing that I suggested to R* is adding more realistic police procedures to the game. For example if they add tasers and manage to get you then throw the hand cuffs onto you right away as they would in real life, as opposed to how in SR the shoot you with a taser then try to beat or shoot you.

I also would suggest that they throw a bit of an L.A. Noire interaction in for the police as well. For example if your driving recklessly and pass a cop they fly up your tail and pull you over, if they run the tag and the car is stolen then they call for backup and perform a felony traffic stop, if not then they would approach the vehicle using the same techniques as a real life police officer (hand print on rear of the car and stand at the B-pillar behind the driver window) and then go into an interaction mode where you can deny knowing why the officer stopped you, make excuses, attempt to bribe the officer, or just straight out admit it. The officer would then return to his vehicle with your information and based on how you interacted with him he may or may not use officer discretion to or not to give you a citation. He may also return to his vehicle with your DL and find that you are wanted and again call for immediate back up for a felony traffic stop and once they fly up if you try to pull off you will likely be shot and killed for attempting to use your vehicle as a deadly weapon against a police officer. Other similar scenarios could be used on foot as well. They sort of started to do this with Midnight Club LA , but it needs to be improved.

I'm involved with law enforcement and about to try and get a state police officer job if anyone is wondering how I know so much about it.

Lastly for this posting we now know that R* is listening and perhaps their games have always been so good because they listen to the community and perhaps that is the reason why they read the emails with actual people. This IS worth a shot so everyone pitch in for a good cause. We are the players so we need to voice what we want.

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 03:37)
Some of you are suggesting that other ideas like tasers and flashlights for cops are far fetched, but how do you figure that? They had flashlights in L.A. Noire, and Saints Row already has a game with tasers. I think these are great ideas that should be easy to incorporate into the game, but to me the biggest thing that I suggested to R* is adding more realistic police procedures to the game. For example if they add tasers and manage to get you then throw the hand cuffs onto you right away as they would in real life, as opposed to how in SR the shoot you with a taser then try to beat or shoot you.

I also would suggest that they throw a bit of an L.A. Noire interaction in for the police as well. For example if your driving recklessly and pass a cop they fly up your tail and pull you over, if they run the tag and the car is stolen then they call for backup and perform a felony traffic stop, if not then they would approach the vehicle using the same techniques as a real life police officer (hand print on rear of the car and stand at the B-pillar behind the driver window) and then go into an interaction mode where you can deny knowing why the officer stopped you, make excuses, attempt to bribe the officer, or just straight out admit it. The officer would then return to his vehicle with your information and based on how you interacted with him he may or may not use officer discretion to or not to give you a citation. He may also return to his vehicle with your DL and find that you are wanted and again call for immediate back up for a felony traffic stop and once they fly up if you try to pull off you will likely be shot and killed for attempting to use your vehicle as a deadly weapon against a police officer. Other similar scenarios could be used on foot as well. They sort of started to do this with Midnight Club LA , but it needs to be improved.

I'm involved with law enforcement and about to try and get a state police officer job if anyone is wondering how I know so much about it.

Lastly for this posting we now know that R* is listening and perhaps their games have always been so good because they listen to the community and perhaps that is the reason why they read the emails with actual people. This IS worth a shot so everyone pitch in for a good cause. We are the players so we need to voice what we want.

I think that's taking it far too seriously though.

In Driver, if you ran a red light, you instantly became America's most wanted man. It was a nice novely and very arcadey (as Driver was), but it wore off after a little while. I think they have the balance just right in TBOGT. Cops wont bother you for doing your own thing, but once you start causing damage to people/Police cars, then they get annoyed and come after you.

Much like attending live comedy shows and watching TV within the game; having to wait for them to check your license, etc. would be fun the first time, but that's it. You'd never really stop and wait for them again after you've seen it once. The minute you hear the siren you'll end up just tearing off down the road.

That's my own opinion of course, but your suggestion falls under the same banner as needing to get petrol for your car and such; it's too sim-like.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:57 AM

@ chokeslamcena, I'm not suggesting that you get pulled over for doing 5 over the speed limit or running a red light because I agree that it does get very old, but I think that you should if you are going wild hitting cars and doing excessive speeds. Besides, like I said earlier, the game is called Grand Theft Auto and R* said that they wanted the GTA series to be realistic ever since GTA IV so what is realistic about stealing a car and never getting caught for it? Or hitting someone in the streets and getting shot to death for it with no gun in your hand? It would enable a whole new level of gameplay. Besides which most of this stuff already exists in other games. For example the wanted system in Red Dead, once you commit a crime they don't forget it until you pay the price. It would also make it to where you would have to steal and change license plates and such, maybe have shops where you can make a hot car your own.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:54 AM

I just hope the online will be good for police clans. If it's good then I am happy and I will buy the game! anuj_cop.gif

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 04:54)
I just hope the online will be good for police clans. If it's good then I am happy and I will buy the game! anuj_cop.gif

That's true. No matter what the game is going to be awesome, but if they make the changes that we are seeking than I would play it all the way up to the release of GTA VI without getting bored. I still think GTA IV is a great game, but I'm bored of it now because I have played it so much and it's difficult to use your imagination to keep the game fun with so little out of mission interactions.

MajorVienna
  • MajorVienna

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:38 AM

This is like sending an email to Santa Claus, I love it. Mine's in. Asked for a few certain gameplay/graphic tweaks and a SAA revolver.

Sorry, didn't ask for new emergency vehicles, but thanks for the email address LoneWolf.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I wish Rockstar will do these

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

It definitely seems that even just the addition of some good modern Crown Vics would satisfy a whole lot of people. I'm sitting in one right now on the job. They are awesome cars.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

A Buffalo police car is also something that Rockstar must take a look at. Those are nice handeling cars.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users