GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

11,140 replies to this topic
Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

Still waiting for a police DLC where you could add any police lights to any car, maybe even a police siren? The front bar can be attached on the smart car so that's in the game already.

Hopes for DLC otherwise modding will be nessesary on PC
  • FATMANYOU2, SocalZHP and matajuegos01 like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

None of the other cop cars seem to have this logo on any part of the car.

-Snip-

-Snip-

All part of Rockstar's inconsistency. The Police Buffalo is a fantastic car but is unfortunately ruined by the poor livery design, in my opinion. The generic and poorly applied "POLICE" logo on the doors and hood look like rubbish, and they topped it off with a giant LSPD badge slapped onto the hood. It looks like something a five year old child would design. 

It would look a lot better in the CVPI design (which is how all LSPD cruisers should have looked anyway). 

-Snip-

-Snip-

Cheers!

I have said it once (well multiple times) but I'll say it again, the Vapid Stanier Police Cruiser was/is the only police vehicle that wasn't fu*cked over! Officer620, I will add that the Bravado Buffalo Police Cruiser lacks roof numbers unlike all other marked police vehicles in the game.

Cheers.

• Officer620 likes this

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV
  • L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

"Hell yeah!"

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

-Snip-

-Snip-

All part of Rockstar's inconsistency. The Police Buffalo is a fantastic car but is unfortunately ruined by the poor livery design, in my opinion. The generic and poorly applied "POLICE" logo on the doors and hood look like rubbish, and they topped it off with a giant LSPD badge slapped onto the hood. It looks like something a five year old child would design. 

It would look a lot better in the CVPI design (which is how all LSPD cruisers should have looked anyway). 

-Snip-

-Snip-

Cheers!

I have said it once (well multiple times) but I'll say it again, the Vapid Stanier Police Cruiser was/is the only police vehicle that wasn't fu*cked over! Officer620, I will add that the Bravado Buffalo Police Cruiser lacks roof numbers unlike all other marked police vehicles in the game.

Cheers.

They must have used a 5 years old children to design it actually, who knows! The only emergency vehicle that is pissing me off atm is the Hydra, not because it's bad but because they removed it from the game even being better than the Lazer >:(

vozi45
  • vozi45

dead acc

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:49 AM

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Ajmlspdstanierfrot.jpg

Real.jpg

Cheers!

I agree, it should have been put in a livery similar to the Stanier Cruiser's. It looks strange this way.

Sanchez14
  • Sanchez14

Special Purpose Force (SFU-1)

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

So me and a fellow GTA Online player were out patrolling when, surprisingly, a police interceptor spawned at the loop. I haven't seen it done in online before, but it happened just like it does in SP.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:56 AM

The only real reason I can think of why the vehicles have so different liveries yet they all say manage to have LSPD decals is due to the team wanting them to be different or the fact that the interceptor was ment to be a moddable vehicle. If they did wanted to be accurate they could in a matter of seconds, there's a texture file that is shared amongst all police vehicles that has the LSPD and ''POLICE'' livery.

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

Los Santos Fire Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Hey, Check out my Police Thread in the GTA Online Forum.

http://gtaforums.com...cussion-thread/

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

So why does the new Liberator monster truck get a decent airhorn, but the fire engine is stuck with the generic "truck" horn?

• Janky likes this

Janky
  • Janky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:24 PM Edited by Limitless, 02 July 2014 - 12:46 AM.

So why does the new Liberator monster truck get a decent airhorn, but the fire engine is stuck with the generic "truck" horn?

Dude, I wish they would use a good Pierce style air horn. I haven't heard the Liberator horn yet, but the generic truck horn sucks. If you've heard a Pierce before you know what I'm talking about.

Edit: Alright, the Liberator horn sounds like the truck from Jeepers Creepers. No joke!

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:15 AM Edited by Ragref, 02 July 2014 - 03:02 PM.

I love how people constantly complain about the police and emergency vehicles and no matter how much Rockstar improves them, either way they're getting real life vehicle mods to replace them.

• Shao Kahn and Sanchez14 like this

Fireman Sam
  • Fireman Sam

Los Santos Fire Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

It needs the Air-horn that's all

Sanchez14
  • Sanchez14

Special Purpose Force (SFU-1)

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:37 AM Edited by Sanchez14, 03 July 2014 - 07:37 AM.

Haven't noticed any slick tops since the new update, but the siren glitch still works.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:19 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 06 July 2014 - 07:45 PM.

Haven't been on here for awhile, wanted to check in & see if anybody managed to get ahold of the FIB/Police/Civilian crossbreed White Frogger yet? To clarify, the one in the Mission: The Bureua Raid. It appears immediatly after the first rappel event. It's a White Civilian Frogger Helicopter, an FIB agent is piloting it, & it has an operational Police Maverick spotlight.

I have plenty of info on it & pictures of successfully getting inside it, but it's incredibly tricky & has some issues that I still can't get passed yet in order to save it. As well, unfortunatly part of aquiring it so far requires a few of the regular cheat codes active to get to it. Considering making a topic about it & the progress so far if nobody else has worked on it yet.

0_0.jpg

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

It is actually a normal Pilot that's inside of it, plus almost every single helicopter is equipped with a spotlight and NPC occupants are able to turn them on. Notice how alot of them also have two winches in both sides for fast-roping, however the frogger only has one.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:06 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 06 July 2014 - 09:13 PM.

It is actually a normal Pilot that's inside of it, plus almost every single helicopter is equipped with a spotlight and NPC occupants are able to turn them on. Notice how alot of them also have two winches in both sides for fast-roping, however the frogger only has one.

I'll snap a photo when I get on the mission again this weekend.

Maybe for a replay (after completing it once) the pilot is a civilian, but for an uncompleted playthrough I've always seen a FIB agent flying it.

On the 360 if that makes any difference.

For the spotlight, I've never seen any other standard Froggers in singleplayer (Under AI control) actually use a spotlight.

Since the Police Maverick's spotlight (not the dual landing lights) can be used if stolen correctly, I figured this odd Frogger should be no different.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

You know, its kind of this topics fault we have those f*cking interceptors chasing us now

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:04 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 06 July 2014 - 11:05 PM.

I made one too, it's pretty awesome.

0_0.jpg

Now it would be awesome to have the interior lightbar juste like the unmarked. :D

Took a break from GTA5 for awhile, but now that's my next goal alongside aquiring the unique Frogger.

I have a checklist somewhere which has all the number options that I tried so far before.

However it's only for the Sherriff Cruiser currently, once I figure it out I'll test it on the standard cruiser as well.

TheExcapeArtist
  • TheExcapeArtist

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

If there was (and that is a pretty big if) police DLC what would you want in the update? For me i would want: more police vehicles maybe ( Radius,Rancher XL ,Bobcat XL, Mesa, 1st generation Stanier,Fugitive,), flashlight, handcuffs, pepper spray, an emergency wheel like more customization options for light patterns, siren sounds, traffic advisers, and spotlight.And can Rockstar fix the ugly POLICE text on the Police Interceptor and Buffalo

• Yan2295 likes this

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

If there was (and that is a pretty big if) police DLC what would you want in the update? For me i would want: more police vehicles maybe ( Radius,Rancher XL ,Bobcat XL, Mesa, 1st generation Stanier,Fugitive,), flashlight, handcuffs, pepper spray, an emergency wheel like more customization options for light patterns, siren sounds, traffic advisers, and spotlight.And can Rockstar fix the ugly POLICE text on the Police Interceptor and Buffalo

I wish they re-added the ability to use a police computer when stationary in a police vehicle exactly how it was in IV, like being able to look up random people and their crimes, most wanted or current crimes even. The "Call for Police Backup" seems a little useless though when you can just call them from your phone.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:48 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 07 July 2014 - 12:57 AM.

- As weird as it sounds, I think some form of Police owned airplane would be sweet.

Similar to the real life military AWACKS, but for LSPD in this game.

Whenever players entered/were flying it, they'd get additional bonus police chatter on the radio.

Maybe simple shoutouts stating when actual situations are happening like random chases.

Not specific details, but simply roads/highway names are annouced when a chase is occuring.

Or even the radio system allows you to hear *distress calls* from uncompleted "random encounters."

People calling out for a ride or a mugging in process, which are actual random encounters.

Thus it's not just a cool feature, but helpful for those still seeking completion.

As well flying that plane could offer some form of clearance to safely pass over all areas, even the military airspace.

- Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a Police Helicopter with some fancy LEDs on them, like the light systems on the FIB Buffalo.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:22 AM

I'd want San Andreas Highway Patrol to be sorted out with their own patrol cars that come in standard and slick top, BMW/Ubermacht motorcycles and maybe a SUV.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

You know, its kind of this topics fault we have those f*cking interceptors chasing us now

Strictly speaking there is nothing wrong with the Vapid Torero Police Interceptor per se. I feel that it is a very good fictionilisation of the Ford Taurus Police Interceptor. What we do have, is problems with the fugly POLICE livery that has also afflicted the Bravado Buffalo PPV. Both vehicles would look so much better if they had proper police liveries like the Torero's older counterpart the Stanier.

Regarding the Interceptor being the only vehicle that pursues us that is a matter of improperly set spawn coding. I would rather have the Stanier being the lead/standard pursuit vehicle and have the Torero and Buffalo dispatched at higher wanted levels as required with the Stanier taking a back seat as the newer vehicles are used.

Cheers. :)

• Officer620 likes this

Camsterguy
  • Camsterguy

Emmett Brown

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

Do you guys really think R* read this thread and changed the Staniers to the interceptors because of us?

f*ck us, I like the Staniers.

JCFast
  • JCFast

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

Hate to go all necromancing, but why did they actually remove the Staniers from chases? Before the patches at launch, Staniers were almost half-and-half with the Interceptors chasing you. Same thing in "traffic" chasing others. Why did they decide to change that?

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Hate to go all necromancing, but why did they actually remove the Staniers from chases? Before the patches at launch, Staniers were almost half-and-half with the Interceptors chasing you. Same thing in "traffic" chasing others. Why did they decide to change that?

Nobody knows, we just wanted the newer Stanier, The Ford Interceptors IRL were just beginning to be tested by the LAPD. Had they not added the Vapid Interceptor, they could have done a few different things. (1) One option would have been the newer Buffalo being used by the LSPD and or LSSD. (2) They could have gave the LSSD their own marked Bravado Buffalo. (3) They could have gave Blaine County it's own Sheriff's Department (if Blaine County even exists, there are no in-game markings of the County Line between Los Santos County and Blaine County. The paper map you receive with the game indicates it cuts through the unincorporated area of Harmony, located south of Sandy Shores. The prison is within Los Santos County. Another thing is city boundaries, Davis is a separate city, but yet the LSPD patrols it. It has it's own Public Library, Courthouse, Fire Dept., and Sheriff's Station (LSSD). I don't see why they couldn't have had separate skins for the Fire Truck (LSFD, LS County FD (LSCFD, LSCoFD), Blaine County FD (BCFD), Davis FD (If it possesses it's own FD, some of the markings at the station suggest that it has it's own FD, while others suggest that it contracts with the LS County FD for Fire Services. IRL Compton (The City Davis is based on) has it's own Fire Department, and contracts with the LASD. Although it had it's own Police Department until 2000 when it was disbanded after a lot of allegations of corruption within the PD and the City. Blaine County could just simply request assistance from the FIB and NOOSE at 4 stars or more) (4) Give the SAHP it's own Cruiser. When they create a GTA VI Section on here, we should immediately move there and begin discussing for VI, and making recommendations to Rockstar regarding Emergency Services in that game. I think the main problem with V was designers and other members of the development team not communicating and planning properly.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

If it wasn't the Vapid Interceptor then it would be the Cheval Fugivitive. Also the Blaine County goverment is kind of poor because of the decline of tourism in the last years, the recession also hit Paleto Bay hard so some of its business haven't been doing well and there is some unfinished work up there. Being more realistic they wouldn't have an SD of their own nor the LSSD but instead they would have the SAHP up there. 

JCFast
  • JCFast

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

No no, I just meant the fact that the older generation Staniers, those that are parked at Davis Sheriff's Station, were actually chasing you in-game before the patches started rolling in. You had both of them in the game actively driving around. Now it's just 99,99% the newer Interceptors.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

If it wasn't the Vapid Interceptor then it would be the Cheval Fugivitive. Also the Blaine County goverment is kind of poor because of the decline of tourism in the last years, the recession also hit Paleto Bay hard so some of its business haven't been doing well and there is some unfinished work up there. Being more realistic they wouldn't have an SD of their own nor the LSSD but instead they would have the SAHP up there. 

The Cheval Fugitive was originally ment to be a police vehicle according to unused audio dialogs. The website The Cutting Room Floor has the audio file on it on the GTA V page.

Cheers.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

The Cheval Fugitive was originally ment to be a police vehicle according to unused audio dialogs. The website The Cutting Room Floor has the audio file on it on the GTA V page.

Cheers.

I remember that one of the patches changed the brand name to Vapid, then in a different patch, it was changed back to Cheval. Was the body style the same, or was it meant to be the civilian variant of the Vapid Interceptor? Hopefully they will add a civilian variant of the Interceptor with the next DLC or at some point.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

Cheers.

I remember that one of the patches changed the brand name to Vapid, then in a different patch, it was changed back to Cheval. Was the body style the same, or was it meant to be the civilian variant of the Vapid Interceptor? Hopefully they will add a civilian variant of the Interceptor with the next DLC or at some point.

Rockstar creating work for themselves. WOW!

The Cheval Fugitive is supposed to be a mash up of various Holden Commodore and Chevrolet Caprice/G8 stylings with hints of 10th generation Chevrolet Impala thrown in.

Cheers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users