Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

9,692 replies to this topic
PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

I agree completely, but I am quite certain that the police liveries will not be altered by Rockstar - as much as I'd like to see them in proper LSPD markings. 

We can only wait for the PC version to be released and have all of the many inconsistencies with GTA V corrected using mods. 

I think the best police vehicles to date are the LCPD cruisers from GTA IV. Why didn't the same amount of detail and accuracy go into the LSPD fleet? 

Cheers!

You are right in that regard with the LCPD cruisers except when they cross the Humboldt into New Alderney, but that is another discussion. If we are taking purely about liveries they are miles better then the LSPD police vehicles (bar the Vapid Stanier 2nd generation). After seeing the new trailer it seems that the hideous livery is here to stay. :(

Cheers.

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

I noticed that nobody else has noticed that the gauges on the dashboard work in the new trailer in the car... does this mean that Rock* might actually bring in car view into game play for the first time in GTA history now that they have more powerful concols to work with?

This would change the whole feeling of driving around while on patrol and give it a sense of realism. 

mmmfloorpie
  • mmmfloorpie

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:50 AM

So another update and still no Cops N Crooks.

What the hell R*?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:03 AM

Anyone else coming across lots of slick top Sheriff's Cruisers? This is a bug I hope never gets fixed.

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:59 AM

are these slick tops only online? or single player 2 after the update?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:07 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 18 June 2014 - 02:08 AM.

are these slick tops only online? or single player 2 after the update?

Haven't tried looking in Single Player but I'm finding them Online.

0_0.jpg

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:28 AM

k thx if somebody could do some digging and find out if they are in single player i will start a new game and update GTA 5... i have yet 2 update it because of the garage glitches that were going on when trying to store police cars in garages for single player after the first update. 

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

Anyone else coming across lots of slick top Sheriff's Cruisers? This is a bug I hope never gets fixed.

The only thing about it that needs to be fixed is where it may appear as a slicktop to some, but as a regular cruiser to another player. I wonder why they didn't add the Dash Light from the LSPD Stanier to the LSSD Stanier? Then it would look better as a slicktop.

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:23 AM

Also: They made an option to attach a Pushbar to the Benefactor Panto that looks just like the one the Cruiser's use. I wonder if they will eventually let us attach it to other vehicles?

Yan22
  • Yan22

Bounty hunter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

Hey guys,

I found something new with the 1.14 update. It's a bug letting you have the lights on with no sirens in emergency vehicles while you're driving. When your lights are off, click 5 times real fast on the left joystick. Your lights will be on, with no sirens, and the npcs will still get out of the way.

The only problem with it is that you can't use the sirens again with this vehicle after you did that.

It's nothing that big, but it can be nice for roleplaying. Enjoy. :)

• FATMANYOU2 likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:29 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 19 June 2014 - 06:30 AM.

After eight months, they finally fixed the glitch were Police Cruiser would remain Code 3 when empty but as Yan22 stated, another glitch with the Code 3 system. Don't see how hard it can be for the double click option (were the sirens make a quick little sound) to go code 2.

One standard click: Horn

One short click: Activate Code 3

Double Click: Activate Code 2

This would be simple and shouldn't be difficult to develop. 

• Yan22 and KingGTAV like this

dc1999
  • dc1999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

^^^
I sent them a suggestion and said they should Make it like the convertible Car system

When the siren is on hold down the right d-pad to make it code 2 then hold down the right d-pad again to make it code 3
  • Yan22 likes this

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

The other day I was driving the unmarked cruiser and while I had my sirens on I came across a random event (red dot on the map) and the NPC's dialogue glitched with the siren and from that point on, I could only turn on the lights without the siren and use the horn. Never had this glitch happen before and thought it was cool. 

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:11 AM

This was probably mentioned but at 0:47 in the new trailer there is an LSPD cruiser performing a traffic stop. I've seen plenty of pursuits but I've never noticed traffic stops in the current game... kinda cool. 

• Yan22 and CCarvalho224 like this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:33 AM

This was probably mentioned but at 0:47 in the new trailer there is an LSPD cruiser performing a traffic stop. I've seen plenty of pursuits but I've never noticed traffic stops in the current game... kinda cool. 

???

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by SocalZHP, 20 June 2014 - 02:53 AM.

???

I mean the cop had a car pulled over on the side of the road. Nice little detail... Sorry if I pointed out the obvious lol, I was excited when I saw it.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:00 AM

???

I mean the cop had a car pulled over on the side of the road. Nice little detail... Sorry if I pointed out the obvious lol, I was excited when I saw it.

Oh cool! I didn't notice that!
  • Excolis likes this

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

I noticed that. The little telltale signs of the city being so much more alive that Rockstar managed to squeeze into that trailer are amazing. 

I wonder if they changed Fire/EMS at all. Firefighters pulling preconnects instead of fire extinguishers to car fires, paramedics loading patients into the ambulance (or even treating them on scene a little), etc. 

Oh my God, will firefighters actually wear their helmets now?! 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

Wonder why the black & white is in front of the stopped vehicle?

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:13 AM

Good eye, i didn't even pay attention to that. I just assumed there was another car up front but the view is obstructed.

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

Unutterably Mesmerized by New-Gen GTA: V.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

:O :D Wow! That is cool, I just now detected that traffic stop, though it is temporarily obstructed by the woman and the Cavalcade as it drives by. This scene is absolutely rich with NPCs, vehicles with a glossy coat and glistening headlights.

The interceptor's light bar is crisp and luminescent and moreover, if you carefully examine the aforementioned light bar at approximately 48 seconds, it looks as if it is emitting a wig-wag flashing pattern, which is another element of realism. :D Yes, I would love to see greater interactivity and coordinating with the emergency services. :)       

3Vk4XfU.gif

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

Good eye, i didn't even pay attention to that. I just assumed there was another car up front but the view is obstructed.

Looking at it frame by frame, it unfortunately looks more like a random parked patrol car rather than a traffic stop.

RandomGamer67
  • RandomGamer67

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

I was playing online with my friend and I got this shot
SjO2wkL.jpg
  • Officer620, Yan22, SimsDaniel916 and 2 others like this

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

After eight months, they finally fixed the glitch were Police Cruiser would remain Code 3 when empty but as Yan22 stated, another glitch with the Code 3 system. Don't see how hard it can be for the double click option (were the sirens make a quick little sound) to go code 2.

One standard click: Horn

One short click: Activate Code 3

Double Click: Activate Code 2

This would be simple and shouldn't be difficult to develop. 

What about using X (PS3) for Lights only? And if the Siren is already running, hitting X would turn off the siren, but your Lights would still be running. When you have your lights only, the Air Horn could be activated by Holding X. I had a glitch one day (I think it was when I done the mission for Michael's Family Therapy Session). I pulled into the driveway, and the siren turned off, but the Lights were still running. When I pressed L3, it would run the Air Horn as long as I was holding L3. It was only a few days ago this happened. We don't need a Second Handbrake, the X could be for special features on other vehicles too. I wonder if they will make the FIB agents (Not the FIB SWAT) appear in the PS4/XB1/PC Version in the Buffalo? If we wanted to momentarily do the Wail Tone, just tap X, then Tap it again.

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread but R*'s problem with more siren/light combinations is really simple...they should just utilize the radio wheel interface. Since there is no radio present in emergency vehicles, just switch out each slot with a corresponding light/siren combo (for example, lights/no sirens; steady-on lights; warning siren; etc) 

• FATMANYOU2 likes this

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

:O :D Wow! That is cool, I just now detected that traffic stop, though it is temporarily obstructed by the woman and the Cavalcade as it drives by. This scene is absolutely rich with NPCs, vehicles with a glossy coat and glistening headlights.

The interceptor's light bar is crisp and luminescent and moreover, if you carefully examine the aforementioned light bar at approximately 48 seconds, it looks as if it is emitting a wig-wag flashing pattern, which is another element of realism. :D Yes, I would love to see greater interactivity and coordinating with the emergency services. :)       

3Vk4XfU.gif

Can anyone zoom in to the screen?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:46 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 20 June 2014 - 08:46 PM.

3Vk4XfU.gif

The Lincoln Towncar is in the back but the LED's above it from the cruiser in front make it look like a Police Cruiser. Not a traffic stop unfortunately.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:37 PM

What if the cruiser belongs to a couple of cops that are chasing someone?

• SocalZHP likes this

Sanchez14
  • Sanchez14

Special Purpose Force (SFU-1)

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by Sanchez14, 20 June 2014 - 11:41 PM.

3Vk4XfU.gif

The Lincoln Towncar is in the back but the LED's above it from the cruiser in front make it look like a Police Cruiser. Not a traffic stop unfortunately.
I'm beginning to think this is just the end of one of those frequent AI pursuits in SP. However, can anyone identify what type of unit that is? I'm assuming it's the Taurus Interceptor that we see all the time, which might explain the light bar wig-wagging.

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

3Vk4XfU.gif

I'm beginning to think this is just the end of one of those frequent AI pursuits in SP. However, can anyone identify what type of unit that is? I'm assuming it's the Taurus Interceptor that we see all the time, which might explain the light bar wig-wagging.

It looks white at the back to me? Yea, i'm pretty sure the light is going through it's different patters, which I always thought was nice.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users