Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

11,153 replies to this topic
Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 06:21 AM.

If a Police Maverick lands to drop off the officers (instead of them rapelling down), the rappelling ropes still appear.

Stealing the Police Maverick at that moment allows you to fly it with the rappelling ropes still attached.

Also the two landing lights AND the front spotlight are on at night.

Both light systems remain on even if you steal it & take off.

I haven't managed to save one after aquiring it, the helicopter gets shot up too quickly by police.

So I can't say if the spotlight & rapelling ropes stay after saving & loading.

0_0.jpg

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

KingMidget145
  • KingMidget145

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

*Derp Question* - Any vehicles with lights/sirens that are moddable or at least storeable on online play (GTA V)  Can't beat hitting the left stick in and getting all those annoying NPC drivers outta the way - I wish you could make your siren: # MOVE B*TCH, GET OUT THE WAY! GET OUT THE WAY B*TCH! GET OUT THE WAY! #

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:11 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.

Using the good ol' save editor to remove the lightbars makes the standard police cruiser look alot better.

Front & rear police lights on the bumper & windshields still active!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:14 AM Edited by Militia, 19 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.

*Derp Question* - Any vehicles with lights/sirens that are moddable or at least storeable on online play (GTA V)  Can't beat hitting the left stick in and getting all those annoying NPC drivers outta the way - I wish you could make your siren: # MOVE B*TCH, GET OUT THE WAY! GET OUT THE WAY B*TCH! GET OUT THE WAY! #

Online modding is a big no no...

Nobody likes that sh*t.  And no save editor works for Online...And I hope it stays like that.

If you want to use one, SP only.

Using the good ol' save editor to remove the lightbars makes the standard police cruiser look alot better.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Have you found a way to remove the light bar on the Police Buffalo by any chance?  I own that, as I do the FIB Buffalo, Police Riot, and Unmarked Cruiser.  But I always wanted to remove the Police Buffalo's light bar on the top.  Want to try and let me know?  :p lol

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:18 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 11:23 AM.

Have you found a way to remove the light bar on the Police Buffalo by any chance?  I own that, as I do the FIB Buffalo, Police Riot, and Unmarked Cruiser.  But I always wanted to remove the Police Buffalo's light bar on the top.  Want to try and let me know?  :p lol

That's actually what I'm working on at this very moment, the Police Buffalo!

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

That's actually what I'm working on at this very moment!

Thanks, man.  Let me know.

Also, did you see my list on the previous page?  Only 5/14 police vehicles can be fully modded.  The other 9/14 (of which I listed on the previous page) only allows for color changes, armor upgrades, and bulletproof tires.  Also license plate changes if they have one on the vehicle like the FIB Buffalo has.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Also, did you see my list on the previous page?  Only 5/14 police vehicles can be fully modded.  The other 9/14 (of which I listed on the previous page) only allows for color changes, armor upgrades, and bulletproof tires.  Also license plate changes if they have one on the vehicle like the FIB Buffalo has.

The standard police cruiser is weird though, it can be fully modded in everything EXCEPT I can't change the tires.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

The standard police cruiser is weird though, it can be fully modded in everything EXCEPT I can't change the tires.

Yeah?  Well, they can be BP, but you can't change the tire type or make them Custom.  For instance, I have my FIB Buffalo and Police Buffalo with STOCK TIRES.  Which are Type (Sport), Front Wheels (Stock), Rear Wheels (Stock) and by doing that, you can NOT make them say "Atomic" for Custom tires.  In general, the tires won't change on the FIB Buffalo, but they CAN be changed on the Police Buffalo (Different coding I guess).  But if you have the stock tires also on the Police Buffalo and don't change them, you won't see "Atomic" written on the tires, either.  BUT both can have bulletproof tires.  The Unmarked Cruiser is the same way.  If you have them stock (which are Type (Muscle), Front Wheels (Stock), Rear Wheels (Stock)) you can't put Custom tires on it, but again, they can be made to bulletproof.  The Police Riot is one of those vehicles which can't do ANYTHING to it besides change the color, give it an armor upgrade, and give it BP tires.  The tires won't change at all besides from normal tires to BP tires...

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:55 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 11:58 AM.

Well the Police Buffalo has a different coding setup to remove the lightbar.

Under advance settings, I tried the same that worked for the standard cruiser, no luck.

I'm going to try out some different things though, not giving up.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:58 AM Edited by Militia, 19 March 2014 - 12:04 PM.

Yeah.  Keep trying.  Let me know what that Police Buffalo can do and if the lightbar gets removed.

Btw, this is from xenorama in my PM box talking about the Police Interceptor:

The Interceptor can definitely be fully modded, it also has body modifications. It has two hoods (a scoop and a vented version), two levels of custom bumpers for both the front and the back bumpers, skirts, and two types of spoilers.

It also does nitrous. It's a badass little police car.

Front Bumper 001 = Custom Front Bumper 1
Front Bumper 002 = Custom Front Bumper 2
Rear Bumper 001 = Custom Rear Bumper 1
Rear Bumper 002 = Custom Rear Bumper 2
Skirts 001 = Custom Side Skirt 1
Skirts 002 = Custom Side Skirts 2
Hood 001 = Custom Hood 1 (hood with intake scoop)
Hood 002 = Custom Hood 2 (hood with dual Triple-Intakes)
Spoiler 001 = Low Level Spoiler
Spoiler 002 = High Level Spoiler

Edit:  Also, on the Police Buffalo, there is a version with a wing and one without a wing...I know how to take it off if you want to know.

Edit 2: NOS doesn't work anymore due to Patch 1.11.  You gotta be on Patch 1.10 or lower for NOS to work in vehicles.  It also doesn't work in ALL police vehicles, only a few, and the Police Interceptor and Police Buffalo were two of which it worked for.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:51 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 12:53 PM.

I'm starting to think that only the Police Cruiser can have it's light bar removed.

Since it's essentially the same vehicle as it's unmarked variant, it might use the same base model.

So removing the light bar literally (model wise) makes it a crossbreed between the marked & unmarked versions.

Now on the other hand, the Police Buffalo is similar to the FIB buffalo, so it'd make sense that it's light bar could be removed as well.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

I'm starting to think that only the Police Cruiser can have it's light bar removed.

Since it's essentially the same vehicle as it's unmarked variant, it might use the same base model.

So removing the light bar literally (model wise) makes it a crossbreed between the marked & unmarked versions.

Now on the other hand, the Police Buffalo is similar to the FIB buffalo, so it'd make sense that it's light bar could be removed as well.

I totally agree.  I said the same to my friend.  Why can the Police Buffalo get NOS, and engine level 4, turbo, and race transmission upgrades, but the FIB Buffalo can NOT?  It just doesn't make sense to me, tbh...

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:26 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 01:48 PM.

I just tested out removing the lightbar on the Sheriff Cruiser, it works.

Same exact changes in the advance settings that I had done to the regular Marked Cruiser.

My guess:

The Unmarked Cruiser was created first & was the base model, so the Standard Marked Cruiser & Sheriff Cruiser still have the "no light bar" option.

The Police Buffalo was created first, then altered for the FIB version. So the Police Buffalo doesn't have the option to revert to a "no light bar" model.

**** I could be wrong though, but that's my guess on it currently.

Unless the fact that the Buffalos are under two different "factions" is somehow the reason.

Picture of the Sheriff Cruiser with it's light bar removed:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:48 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 02:51 PM.

Perhaps the Police Buffalo & FIB Buffalo aren't based from the same model.

There's the regular civilian version, & then Franklin's version. (1st & 2nd generation)

In that case it's simply figuring out which generation model that each of the two law enforcement variants are based from.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

🧀

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

How does one have a save editor?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:43 PM Edited by Militia, 19 March 2014 - 03:45 PM.

There's the regular civilian version, & then Franklin's version. (1st & 2nd generation)

In that case it's simply figuring out which generation model that each of the two law enforcement variants are based from.

Well, the Civilian Buffalo doesn't really look like Franklin's, imo.  And Franklin's doesn't look like the Police Buffalo or the FIB Buffalo, either.  BUT, the FIB Buffalo and Police Buffalo are identical bodies of the vehicle just with different "paintjobs" and LED lights.

Youtube Tutorials out there and links to save editors all over.  We are using XB36 Hazard Save Editor, though.  Been around since September when the game was released.  Hazard also has editors for other video games, too.  So he knows his stuff and computer programming/coding...

All you do is download the editor, take your PS3 or Xbox save to a USB.  Put the USB with the save on your computer and load up the editor and edit the save.  Then save it inside the editor, and put your USB back into PS3/Xbox and copy it to your console, and you got yourself a save with the edited stuff you did.  It's not very complicated...

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:57 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 04:03 PM.

the FIB Buffalo and Police Buffalo are identical bodies of the vehicle just with different "paintjobs" and LED lights.

FIB & Police Buffalo have different exhausts.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

FIB & Police Buffalo have different exahausts.

Good eye.  I didn't realize that, actually.  Well, if you figure some stuff out with the light bar on the Police Buffalo or any other cool things keep us update.  More so me, as I don't care about 90% of the topics on this forum, only a handful of topics that really interest me and I check numerous times per day!

Not counting exhausts, though, they are the exact same shape, the exact same front end and back end.  Except the Police Buffalo has a small spoiler, but it can be removed and you can steal one that does NOT have the spoiler.  The LED lights are significantly different in the back and front, too.  Like, I think they are the same on the FIB Buffalo, except the FIB Buffalo doesn't seem to light up like the Police Buffalo.  There is more lights on the Police Buffalo than the FIB Buffalo and that is one thing I really like about the Police Buffalo.  I just hate that blasted light bar lol

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 19 March 2014 - 04:25 PM.

Well for the removal of the light bar on the Marked & Sheriff cruiser, I had to change the "Hood" number.

Weird for the "Roof" lightbar to be effected by the "Hood" number.

If the Police Buffalo works the same way, it's a different number, I'll keep testing options.

So far the only body changes I've been able to do to the Police Buffalo is remove the small excess front & rear bumpers & side skirts.

Sometime down the road I'll see if the Police Interceptor can lose it's lightbar, & also the Police Van/Transporter.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by Militia, 19 March 2014 - 05:24 PM.

Well for the removal of the light bar on the Marked & Sheriff cruiser, I had to change the "Hood" number.

Weird for the "Roof" lightbar to be effected by the "Hood" number.

If the Police Buffalo works the same way, it's a different number, I'll keep testing options.

So far the only body changes I've been able to do to the Police Buffalo is remove the small excess front & rear bumpers & side skirts.

Sometime down the road I'll see if the Police Interceptor can lose it's lightbar, & also the Police Van/Transporter.

Haha, don't be surprised.  For me to get "Bodywork," one of the 17 total mod options for the Comet, I need to put a "1" in "roof/roll cage/truck bed."

You may then ask why on earth would I need to mod the Comet on the editor and not inside LSC in-game?  Well because ever since 1.11, Rockstar created a duplication glitch of any quicksaved vehicle to be put into the impound.  I am someone who uses the impounds per character as an actual two car garage for 2 fully modded vehicles per all three characters.  And everywhere is filled up with vehicles already and I have no other room to "store" a Comet.  So I have my Comet "stored" as a quicksaved vehicle.  But everytime I do a quicksave it'll duplicate into the impound, overwriting my Elegy RH8 and Alpha which I certainly want to keep.  So the only way to not get the duplication glitch is by doing all the modding on the editor for that vehicle and saving on the editor.  So when I load my game now, I am inside that fully modded Comet and the vehicles I want remain in the impound.

So yeah, don't be surprised that in the editor you need to be 0, 1, 2 etc in wacky areas to get things to be added or removed from vehicles which can't be modded like police vehicles, etc...

Also, good idea on the Police Transporter and Police Riot.  I'd love to know if that light bar can also be removed from the Riot, although, it doesn't really bother me to have it on my Police Riot.  But it does bother me that the light bar is on my Police Buffalo...

KingMidget145
  • KingMidget145

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

@Militia   *Facepalm* I didn't mean modding the game mate I meant modding the car. Like at the customs car shops.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

🧀

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Well, the Civilian Buffalo doesn't really look like Franklin's, imo.  And Franklin's doesn't look like the Police Buffalo or the FIB Buffalo, either.  BUT, the FIB Buffalo and Police Buffalo are identical bodies of the vehicle just with different "paintjobs" and LED lights.

Youtube Tutorials out there and links to save editors all over.  We are using XB36 Hazard Save Editor, though.  Been around since September when the game was released.  Hazard also has editors for other video games, too.  So he knows his stuff and computer programming/coding...

All you do is download the editor, take your PS3 or Xbox save to a USB.  Put the USB with the save on your computer and load up the editor and edit the save.  Then save it inside the editor, and put your USB back into PS3/Xbox and copy it to your console, and you got yourself a save with the edited stuff you did.  It's not very complicated...

Didn't know. Thanks. :cookie:

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

^^^ No problem, enjoy.  Hazard updates the editor every few weeks as well, so you'll be constantly getting new updates once you load it up (if there is an update) and he adds in nice features a lot of times, too.  It's only a matter of time until patches stop in GTA V and he makes the editor the best thing for GTA V console gaming.  I mean, PC modding will probably be a lot better, but for consoles, using a save editor is the best you're gonna come by.

@ForeverPast: Anymore things you experimented with for the police vehicles?  Also, care to give a picture of the Police Buffalo without skirts and front/back bumpers?  I want to compare that to the regular Police Buffalo.  I wasn't aware that you can do such things for the Police Buffalo - It's pretty cool to know you can also do that stuff to it!

• LightningLord likes this

Yan2295
  • Yan2295

Admin GTANF

• Members
  • Canada
  • Most Respected 2016

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Nice.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

But how do you remove the push bar ?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Probably with grille or bumpers with a 0 or a 1.  I know the Unmarked Cruiser I have that is in Franklin's hanger CAME WITH those metal bars NOT on the vehicle.  I'd imagine with putting a 0 or a 1 in Bumpers or Grille it's remove them.  Just experiment...

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:23 AM Edited by SocalZHP, 21 March 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Online modding is a big no no...

Nobody likes that sh*t.  And no save editor works for Online...And I hope it stays like that.

If you want to use one, SP only.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I love the way this looks, what do I set the "hood" number to achieve the slick-top look? 

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:06 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 21 March 2014 - 06:08 AM.

For those asking, to remove the lightbar from both the standard Marked Cruiser & Sheriff Cruiser:

rsZJDU2.png

All settings set to zero other than the "Hood".

Livery number doesn't seem to matter.

Also all 0's including the "Hood" seems to work.

Probably with grille or bumpers with a 0 or a 1.  I know the Unmarked Cruiser I have that is in Franklin's hanger CAME WITH those metal bars NOT on the vehicle.  I'd imagine with putting a 0 or a 1 in Bumpers or Grille it's remove them.  Just experiment...

I've tried that, 0 & 1 doesn't seem to work on removing it from the Marked & Sheriff.

• SocalZHP likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:12 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 21 March 2014 - 04:18 AM.

@ForeverPast: Anymore things you experimented with for the police vehicles?  Also, care to give a picture of the Police Buffalo without skirts and front/back bumpers?  I want to compare that to the regular Police Buffalo.  I wasn't aware that you can do such things for the Police Buffalo - It's pretty cool to know you can also do that stuff to it!

I'll get a picture up as soon as I'm done with my current project.

The Sheriff Cruiser lacks the small lightbar in the upper front windshield, the standard Marked Cruiser has them though.

Currently testing out options to see if the Sheriff Cruiser can be equipped with them.

Also testing to see if the Unmarked Cruiser's full length lightbar that's in it's front windshield can replace the small two piece lightbar in the standard Marked Cruiser's front windshield. It would look good, especially when the Marked Cruiser's roof lightbar is removed.

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:22 AM

So with this save editor, does it allow you to spawn cars? Or just edit the cars appearance?

And finally does it have cheats?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:40 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 21 March 2014 - 04:41 AM.

So with this save editor, does it allow you to spawn cars? Or just edit the cars appearance?

And finally does it have cheats?

Yes.

With the save editor, you can even have cars saved at helipads. If the vehicle is lost or abandoned, a new copy of it will spawn back at the helipad.

Also if you're currently in a vehicle, you can change what it is and/or it's stats.

Cheats, yes. Able to adjust your money, ammo, skill levels etc.

As well there is a god mode, but it shuts off when you switch characters & you can still die from high drops.

If you like invincibility, it's far better than the god mode code you enter in-game, the editor version doesn't have a time limit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users