» «
Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

9,481 replies to this topic
MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:14 PM Edited by MulleDK19, 18 January 2014 - 10:15 PM.

Rockstar need a option to turn on the Emergency lights without the sirens and drive around

And that's why some of us are waiting for the PC version http://www.youtube.c...Dr0M7J9TLA#t=18 (Well, that, and then the infinitly better graphics).

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but R* could have utilized the radio station wheel for different sirens/light flashes/etc since we can't use the radio in emergency vehicles anyways ... :sarcasm:

Wow, I never thought about that. 

Could you imagine how awesome that would've been? That would've given us 17 different siren/flash pattern combinations for each vehicle. 

*creys* 

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

Just discovered a glitch to keep the lights on without the siren

Do you mind sharing with us? It would be handy to know.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

A way I think they could have achieved better Emergency Lights & Siren Control would be to get rid of one of the handbrakes, and use the now unoccupied X Button (PS3) to turn the Siren sound off but still have your Code 3 Lights running. Pressing X when none of your Code 3 Equipment is running could activate your Code 3 lights. You would need to press X when getting out of your cruiser if you don't want the siren to continue running after you exit the car.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, I'm not a video game dev, nor am I a coder. But, I just don't understand how hard it would be to have 2 different functions for the lights and siren.

I feel they could have done a better job with the cops & robbers game mode this go-around. Let alone not even have the mode in Online anymore. Hopefully they have a DLC down the road. It seems like the emergency/roleplay aspect of the game has a huge following, I don't know why they overlooked it.

MulleDK19
  • MulleDK19

1337 Programmer

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

A way I think they could have achieved better Emergency Lights & Siren Control would be to get rid of one of the handbrakes, and use the now unoccupied X Button (PS3) to turn the Siren sound off but still have your Code 3 Lights running. Pressing X when none of your Code 3 Equipment is running could activate your Code 3 lights. You would need to press X when getting out of your cruiser if you don't want the siren to continue running after you exit the car.

Eeh, what? One of the handbrakes? X is THE handbrake. L2 is the regular brake. If this had to be implemented, removing the crappy special abilities would be a lot better.

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Eeh, what? One of the handbrakes? X is THE handbrake. L2 is the regular brake. If this had to be implemented, removing the crappy special abilities would be a lot better.

X is a handbrake. X and R2 are both handbrakes so it wouldn't do harm to remove one. I prefer the R2 handbrake because I don't need to move my fingers as awkwardly.

Quarterback9
  • Quarterback9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Just discovered a glitch to keep the lights on without the siren

Do you mind sharing with us? It would be handy to know.
Well it would be really hard to recreate, unfortunately. I had just spawned outside the sandy shores hospital. Right as I spawned, a random pursuit drove by me. Still standing out front of the hospital, I scoped in and sniped the 2 deputy's right as they passed in front of the gas station in front of Trevor's place. The car came to a rest and I could only see the lights in the distance. I ran from the hospital to the car and got in and poof, no siren. Got out and back in, still no siren. Like I said, this would be really hard to do again lol.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

X is a handbrake. X and R2 are both handbrakes so it wouldn't do harm to remove one. I prefer the R2 handbrake because I don't need to move my fingers as awkwardly.

No, using X (the HANDBRAKE) makes you drift.  Using R2 is REVERSE.  So you're using the REVERSE as the "brake."  It's not the ACTUAL handbrake.  Handbrakes in real life and in the game make the car turn 90 degrees much easier, therefore allowing you to drift well.  X is the only handbrake in the game, R2 is reverse (and can be used to break as well)

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:58 PM Edited by Militia, 19 January 2014 - 06:58 PM.

Last time I used a save editor it froze my game and would not let me play the game until I cleared my system cache so i had to start the game over.

HAHA, well, that is why you make a backup.

I modded my Police Riot giving it BP tires.  100% armor upgrade, engine/brakes upgrades, and changed it's color to Matte Black.

I also modded my Lazer for ALL THREE characters giving them 100% armor, engine/brakes upgrades, and changed the colors to Chrome, Metallic Black, and left one Stock Colored (Stone Silver)

I also have the Titan sitting on Trevor's helipad, Stinger GT in Trevor's Sandy Shores garage, Skylift on Michael's helipad and a Dominator sitting on Franklin's helipad.  You can also get the sh*tty Annihilator helicopter in SP, as well, with the editor of course.

Benefactor69
  • Benefactor69

The Truth Is Out There

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:39 PM Edited by Benefactor69, 19 January 2014 - 08:40 PM.

No, using X (the HANDBRAKE) makes you drift.  Using R2 is REVERSE.  So you're using the REVERSE as the "brake."  It's not the ACTUAL handbrake.  Handbrakes in real life and in the game make the car turn 90 degrees much easier, therefore allowing you to drift well.  X is the only handbrake in the game, R2 is reverse (and can be used to break as well)

L2 is brake and reverse, R2 is actually accelerate. I meant R1 was the other hand brake. Are you using the default controls?

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:01 PM Edited by UP9390, 19 January 2014 - 09:01 PM.

There are two handbrakes, PS3 Controls: R1 and X

Puppetmaster36
  • Puppetmaster36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

What color should I use to build a police f150?

jackmap
  • jackmap

#1 FCV hater and proud of it! :)

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

I don't know if this counts as an emergency vehicle or not but I just obtained a lifeguard frogger... :/

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zmvrCfMUzzM

• Militia likes this

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

On patrol: Vespucci Beach
0_0.jpg

Will post more soon :)
  • Puppetmaster36 likes this

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

Buffalo police car for sure. Maybe a Mesa Grande version for the country side and off road? Just my thoughts :-)

I don't think they had the buffalo police cars in GTA V.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:12 PM Edited by Raavi, 01 February 2014 - 06:18 PM.

It's a shame this thread isn't more active, it could serve as a hub for those whom love Police and EMS role-play in GTA. 

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

If GTA ever returned to a UK scenario, British police now have the cars to inspire!  

f33d64af-c900-4575-8283-77bc7d65b632.jpg

• Militia likes this

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Buffalo police car for sure. Maybe a Mesa Grande version for the country side and off road? Just my thoughts :-)

Yeah, there is a Police Buffalo.  It spawns only in one location though.  Under the bridge at night in Strawberry near the Police Impound.  There is a little loop for the bus transit at night.  It spawns there, along with the Unmarked Cruiser, Police Bike, and Police Transporter.

It's a shame this thread isn't more active, it could serve as a hub for those whom love Police and EMS role-play in GTA. 

I'd like it to be more active too.  I don't really role play.  But I do love the police vehicles.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

NSA Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:15 PM Edited by Officer Ronson, 01 February 2014 - 07:16 PM.

Lets talk about the jurisdiccion of the agencies and the ammount of pedestrian models that are intentended for law enforcement.

The Los Santos Police Department operates over the City of Los Santos and shares jurisdiccion with the LSCS in the City of Davis.

The Los Santos County Fire Company. operates in both Los Santos and Blaine County due to their poor goverment.

The Los Santos County Sheriff just like the LScFD operates both in Los Santos and Blaine County.

The US Coast Guard patrol the shores of Blaine county and the Los Santos International airport.

The Los Santos County Park Rangers have jurisdiccion over the parks of Los Santos and the Mt. Chilliad State Wilderness.

The San Andreas Department of Correctionals have jurisdiccion all over the prisions of San Andreas, Bolingbroke falls under it.

Now every agency in the game atleast has one model assigned to it.

LSPD - LSPD Navy blue uniform Male & Blue uniform Female, Special weapons and tactics.

LSCS - Male Deputy Sheriff & Female Deputy Sheriff

IAA - Plain clothes goverment agent.

FIB - Plain clothes goverment agent, G-man in suit & G-woman in suit, Special weapons and tactics.

SADOC - Correctionals Officer.

LSCPR - Male Park Ranger & Female Park Ranger

USCG - Coast Guard.

LSCFD - Firefighter, LSMD/Mt. Zonah Emergency Medical Technician.

• Excolis and Militia like this

Puppetmaster36
  • Puppetmaster36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Just realized a good way to set up a DUI check point. First get 3 stars then get to a road block and use cheat to get rid of stars. This will leave you with cones and other road block material. That is if the ai police don't kill you or wreck everything.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:05 AM

Lets talk about the jurisdiccion of the agencies and the ammount of pedestrian models that are intentended for law enforcement.

The Los Santos Police Department operates over the City of Los Santos and shares jurisdiccion with the LSCS in the City of Davis.

The Los Santos County Fire Company. operates in both Los Santos and Blaine County due to their poor goverment.

The Los Santos County Sheriff just like the LScFD operates both in Los Santos and Blaine County.

The US Coast Guard patrol the shores of Blaine county and the Los Santos International airport.

The Los Santos County Park Rangers have jurisdiccion over the parks of Los Santos and the Mt. Chilliad State Wilderness.

The San Andreas Department of Correctionals have jurisdiccion all over the prisions of San Andreas, Bolingbroke falls under it.

Now every agency in the game atleast has one model assigned to it.

LSPD - LSPD Navy blue uniform Male & Blue uniform Female, Special weapons and tactics.

LSCS - Male Deputy Sheriff & Female Deputy Sheriff

IAA - Plain clothes goverment agent.

FIB - Plain clothes goverment agent, G-man in suit & G-woman in suit, Special weapons and tactics.

SADOC - Correctionals Officer.

LSCPR - Male Park Ranger & Female Park Ranger

USCG - Coast Guard.

LSCFD - Firefighter, LSMD/Mt. Zonah Emergency Medical Technician.

I believe there is a topic exclusively talking about Counties and Jurisdictions.

Here's the link, http://gtaforums.com...-jurisdictions/

Cheers.

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

Emperor of The Grand Ole Republic of Texas

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

Yes it does and here it is, it is 1 of the 4 buffalos that appear in this game.

policebuffalo.jpg

chief685533
  • chief685533

Cheif, Los Santos Police Dept.

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Has anyone else noticed that the badge on the Female LSPD officers are more properly colored like the LAPD ones. They are gold with silver rays and have Blue writing. While the males officers have just plain silver.

Yan22
  • Yan22

Bounty hunter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Hello everyone !

Just a quick post to share with you something I don't understand at all. 2 things actually.

1 - Why is the radio available in emergency vehicles in Online, but not in Story mode ? (Was the same thing in GTA 4);

2 - In Online, why are the sirens staying on even if there is nobody in the vehicle (and again, why not in Story mode) ?

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Yes it does and here it is, it is 1 of the 4 buffalos that appear in this game.

policebuffalo.jpg

What's the fourth Buffalo?

1. Standard Buffalo

2. Franklin's Buffalo

3. Police Interceptor Buffalo

4. ?

Yan22
  • Yan22

Bounty hunter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

1. Standard Buffalo

2. Franklin's Buffalo

4. ?

FIB Buffalo.

http://i1.ytimg.com/...xresdefault.jpg

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

1. Standard Buffalo

2. Franklin's Buffalo

4. ?

FIB Buffalo.

http://i1.ytimg.com/...xresdefault.jpg

Nice, never knew that still existed, I thought the undercover CVPI replaced it.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:55 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 03 February 2014 - 05:55 PM.

I really liked the police cars in V, but I think that the vapid ones should have had civilian versions. Anyone can see through the unmarked cruiser's disguise, as there is "police cruiser" written on the back, and also because only we are the only ones that have the 2nd and 3rd stanier generation vehicles.

This is why I use the unmarked buffalo or the granger instead of the unmarked vapid, as they are, shall I say, more incognito.

Yan22
  • Yan22

Bounty hunter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

My two favorite vehicles :

White FIB Buffalo

0_0.jpg

All black Police Buffalo

0_0.jpg

5 user(s) are reading this topic