Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

9,316 replies to this topic
Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

Have you got to the level required Sims?

A few people have said they have unlocked it, including one guy i saw unlock it on a stream.

And they havent screwed anyone..no promises were made. 

In response however to you all..please remember this too was true of base GTA IV. Just because some modders went out their way to do the mod doesnt meant the game itself was roleplay friendly.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Have you got to the level required Sims?

A few people have said they have unlocked it, including one guy i saw unlock it on a stream.

And they havent screwed anyone..no promises were made. 

In response however to you all..please remember this too was true of base GTA IV. Just because some modders went out their way to do the mod doesnt meant the game itself was roleplay friendly.

Unlocked cops n crooks? Game modes don't unlock, the only thing that police related for the missions is some dirty cop mission which is kinda stupid.

Also, modding isn't what brought role-playing to GTA IV, it was player creativity. We were able to use our creativity by setting up a friends only match with certain settings edited like disabling AI Police. These things are no longer in GTA. 

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

Cops and crooks unlocks.

Was watching an xbox stream yesterday, he got a rank and then got a message on screen saying that it was now available.

The reason you cannot turn off police AI is there is no peer to peer system for free roam now. As such the free roams you are in are hosted on Rockstar's servers. This ofcourse means that if everyone could change the settings to that degree they would have a load of server space dedicated to very few players.

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

I'm completely disappointed, my follow up statement will be made in the following days but as it stands Rock * put no effort into cops n crooks. They have made it harder for the whole online role playing community. This thread has grown over the years and it's clear we not only wanted more detail shown in police vehicles but a different outlook on cops n crooks and why it would be fun to have all those extra small details for the online community. It's a beautiful game, awesome missions, but now that I've beat it, I cant enjoy it because I have been limited to what GTA developers have offered me and none of it helps me or the thousands of other emergency role playing players. I understand fully this game is not complete and there is still unknown DL content. I know this is not a police simulation game, but in previous GTA titles they had police vigilant missions, and thus being GTA 5, a predecessor to previous GTA titles I expected exactly that from it's sides missions. But... we get this... Are you happy with the online? or simply waiting for PC LSFR mods? I think it's sh*tty that we have to ask a modder making nothing $ to fill in for Rock * to make a mod and gameplay for something thousands of people are asking for and will play. LSFR 

• doutee8 likes this

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Rockstar takes vigilante missions out and puts yoga in.

Yeah, nah.

Cheers!

• xRescue2x and zakir2 like this

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Cops and crooks unlocks.

Was watching an xbox stream yesterday, he got a rank and then got a message on screen saying that it was now available.

The reason you cannot turn off police AI is there is no peer to peer system for free roam now. As such the free roams you are in are hosted on Rockstar's servers. This ofcourse means that if everyone could change the settings to that degree they would have a load of server space dedicated to very few players.

They've always been hosted on dedicated servers - no different this time.

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

To anyone that has unlocked Cops n Crooks, can you explain how the game mode works? Or is it the same as GTA IV? At what level does this mode unlock?

Also, for anyone who doesn't know, doesn't have a clue, and hasn't unlocked the mode yet, don't answer!! We have people claiming the mode doesn't exist and spreading misinformation.

Chris223
  • Chris223

The Simple Gamer

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

I finally did it!  I got the Granger Sheriff SUV!!!

In case anyone is interested here's how I did it and it was relatively easy (I died 3 times before finally doing it)

It requires you to dump some money, as the way I did it I had to armor and bulletproof tires on a car I knew I would leave behind. 

Anyway, get the best bulletproof vest from Ammu (obviously) and I go to the train tracks just outside Sandy Shore, get a 4 star wanted level right near the tracks (I did this as Michael BTW, so I did not use Trevors rage mode).  I drove around as Sheriff cruisers started showing up killing as many of them as possible, when a Sheriff SUV shows up with SWAT - drive around the SUV killing the SWAT dudes (Also make sure you WAIT for the driver to get out to kill him, I headshotted him once while he was still in the vehicle and then died because Michael took his sweet ass time yanking the body out of the seat when I went to get it) then, drive up next to the drivers door, get out and don't even use the special ability or shoot anything... just GET IT and DRIVE LIKE HELL to the train tracks and don't look back until you reach the tunnel (head towards Paleto Bay, you'll go over a few bridges on the tracks and then reach the tunnel).  Stop in the tunnel and wait for your wanted level to disappear!  Drive back to the garage of your choice (his safehouse or vinewood garage) and enjoy your Sheriff SUV in the future! 

The cops will NEVER follow you ON the train tracks so long as you get on them without a cop already on your ass.  And you'll also notice them crashing all over the place behind you trying to get on them lol.  The tunnel will lose the choppers.

eric_21
  • eric_21

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by eric_21, 02 October 2013 - 02:54 PM.

I Hope for the next DLC i wish they put this in to go with the park ranger.

bdf1.JPG

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Rockstar takes vigilante missions out and puts yoga in.

Yeah, nah.

Cheers!

:lol:

iSpyMike
  • iSpyMike

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I had high hopes for roleplaying but alot of stuff isnt online... :/

Excolis
  • Excolis

Well,...

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Can anyone tell me how exactly the Cop's & Crook's-Mode in GTA O looks?

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Well one thing they fixed in SP is now the taxi cabs no longer say "Police Interceptor" on the back.

They now say "Taxi Car" or "Taxi Cab". I can't tell.

Why could they do this and not give us any other request is a strange thing.

iSpyMike
  • iSpyMike

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Well its not really a fix, if its a crown victoria, taxis use old police cars alot and they usually just keep the "police Interceptor" badge on it...

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'm completely disappointed, my follow up statement will be made in the following days but as it stands Rock * put no effort into cops n crooks. They have made it harder for the whole online role playing community. This thread has grown over the years and it's clear we not only wanted more detail shown in police vehicles but a different outlook on cops n crooks and why it would be fun to have all those extra small details for the online community. It's a beautiful game, awesome missions, but now that I've beat it, I cant enjoy it because I have been limited to what GTA developers have offered me and none of it helps me or the thousands of other emergency role playing players. I understand fully this game is not complete and there is still unknown DL content. I know this is not a police simulation game, but in previous GTA titles they had police vigilant missions, and thus being GTA 5, a predecessor to previous GTA titles I expected exactly that from it's sides missions. But... we get this... Are you happy with the online? or simply waiting for PC LSFR mods? I think it's sh*tty that we have to ask a modder making nothing $ to fill in for Rock * to make a mod and gameplay for something thousands of people are asking for and will play. LSFR 

No follow up yet :barf:

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

Well its not really a fix, if its a crown victoria, taxis use old police cars alot and they usually just keep the "police Interceptor" badge on it...

They fixed it anyway.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I was wondering if you guys could help me with something here.

We have all seen the random cops chasing bad guys that end in a shootout.

Sometimes we see cops patrolling around NOT in a chase. When we follow these patrolling cops they eventually go code 3 and take off. (When you are at the "U" rare cop car spawn area sometimes the unmarked will stop under the bridge for awhile and then take off code 3 like the others.)

My question is this: Do they go anywhere when they speed off code 3? I have chased them for 15 minutes before and they never arrive anywhere. They just seem to go random directions.

I doubt it but do you guys ever find that they go anywhere like a call or backup or anything?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Sometimes we see cops patrolling around NOT in a chase. When we follow these patrolling cops they eventually go code 3 and take off. (When you are at the "U" rare cop car spawn area sometimes the unmarked will stop under the bridge for awhile and then take off code 3 like the others.)

My question is this: Do they go anywhere when they speed off code 3? I have chased them for 15 minutes before and they never arrive anywhere. They just seem to go random directions.

I doubt it but do you guys ever find that they go anywhere like a call or backup or anything?

I've followed one doing the same thing.

Did so for about 10 full minutes.......no destination.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

I really wanted to follow them to a destination but no deal.

So many disappointments.

tomh78
  • tomh78

Just make the lights flash no sirens !!!

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

The big question is....................

Do the lights flash with no sirens lol :karmaeater:

iSpyMike
  • iSpyMike

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Nope. What happens on my game is i'll follow them for a while, and if THEY crash into anyone, they chase that car. It's really dumb, especially when someone commented earlier that they would go to car crashes and whatnot.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

Yeah that is why I asked because mine were not going to any crashes.

I guess someone lied or trolled or whatever.

I would pay so much $$$ to have to police simulator in GTAV that we all dream of.

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

Can anyone show proof that Cops n Crooks exists in GTA V?  Some people are saying it unlocks (yet, they don't say at what level) and others are saying that this mode is not in the game. Which is it?

JWitfield
  • JWitfield

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:19 AM Edited by JWitfield, 03 October 2013 - 01:19 AM.

Can anyone show proof that Cops n Crooks exists in GTA V?  Some people are saying it unlocks (yet, they don't say at what level) and others are saying that this mode is not in the game. Which is it?

I was watching a streamer last night and came up a cops n crooks mission..

The idea is one side is cops(not really) and the other side is crooks, the crooks have to get some package to a lock up somewhere and that's the end..

From what i can tell both sides get taken out by the police it seemed... So there is not actual police police game its just don't let the other side get this package to their destination.

Puppetmaster36
  • Puppetmaster36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

I know it's a little off topic but which uniform would you guys use to role play as the Los Santos Sheriff the security or highway patrol uniform?

TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

The idea is one side is cops(not really) and the other side is crooks, the crooks have to get some package to a lock up somewhere and that's the end..

That is not Cops n Crooks. That mode/job is called "Crooked Cop," two teams try to kill a crooked cop who is carrying a package (drugs, I assume). Once the cop is dead, the package needs to be picked up and dropped off at a location. Cops n Crooks is totally different and has one team playing the role of cops while the other team are criminals trying to escape. It's a shame this mode isn't in GTA V. It was one of the more popular modes in GTA IV and I have no idea why on earth they got rid of it.

Unless, of course, they plan on selling it to us in the future.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 03 October 2013 - 04:08 AM.

That is not Cops n Crooks. That mode/job is called "Crooked Cop," two teams try to kill a crooked cop who is carrying a package (drugs, I assume). Once the cop is dead, the package needs to be picked up and dropped off at a location. Cops n Crooks is totally different and has one team playing the role of cops while the other team are criminals trying to escape. It's a shame this mode isn't in GTA V. It was one of the more popular modes in GTA IV and I have no idea why on earth they got rid of it.

Unless, of course, they plan on selling it to us in the future.

Yah no offense to Tsori or JWitfield but I have said this twice now but people keep saying "oh but theirs cops n crooks". There is no Cops N Crooks and there is nothing role-play compatible in GTA Online.

For the role-play community, our only chance is of the content but with how disappointing GTA Online is I'm not holding my breath on Rockstar anymore.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:14 AM

For some reason in Online, the siren stays on in the cruiser whenever I get out of the car. I go code 3 somewhere, get out, and the siren stays on. What?

I also haven't found any CVPIs or Chargers. It's just been the Taurus Interceptors. I haven't seen any cruisers spawning at stations either. Most of the time if you hang around a single officer will pull up in a Taurus and park.

Not a fan of Online so far...

Cheers!

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

For some reason in Online, the siren stays on in the cruiser whenever I get out of the car. I go code 3 somewhere, get out, and the siren stays on. What?

I also haven't found any CVPIs or Chargers. It's just been the Taurus Interceptors. I haven't seen any cruisers spawning at stations either. Most of the time if you hang around a single officer will pull up in a Taurus and park.

Not a fan of Online so far...

Cheers!

Yup even happens when police AI get out of their interceptor. I don't even bother with emergency vehicles in Online since I can't store them in my garage and police chase you if they see you in one.

Even though the Buffalo was in both the Online gameplay video and multiple screenshots it is nowhere to be found. Somewhat false advertising by rockstar which again led to disappointment. Also, my two favorite vehicles; the Unmarked Buffalo and Cruiser are not in GTA Online. I was seriously looking forward to rolling out in those with friends but nope. 

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:00 AM Edited by Tsori, 03 October 2013 - 07:01 AM.

Right ive pinned it down to what was unlocked.

There is a mission called cops and crooks (star icon on the map) where you have to scan various cars, in which sit the other team. you cant see their blip until you scan them. Its set in a small area of the city, and is like a TDM but with car's.

I got it around lvl 10 but from talking to my guild, they didnt get it so it might be based on story missions (since ive been grinding them out). 

SO as mentioned above, its NOT cops and crooks mode, but instead a mission called cops and crooks. 

Now, as for the buffalo, not seen the marked car. But the FBI cars still spawn at 11am on a monday at the satellites however they too cannot be saved in the garage. But if you want the unmarked buffalo, you can get it there. 

As it is,ive given up trying to do any form of cop RP, since i cant be bothered with the wanted level everytime someone see's me in the car. Especially since it takes ages to get anything but the interceptor. Its just not worth the time.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users