Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

10,079 replies to this topic
TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

I just went back to my safehouse garage and the FIB SUV and Sheriff SUV were gone :(

Are you sure you saved after putting them in there? Why would they just vanish!? It's total silliness if we can't keep emergency vehicles.

Drewster327
  • Drewster327

Copper

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

Did you save the game, or just put it in there and go off and do something else?

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by CCarvalho224, 17 September 2013 - 03:58 AM.

I am blown away. That was incredible. The paramedics even documented on their PCR's! (Something most people don't know is the great amount of paperwork that comes with emergency medical care). 

I'm gonna make my own car accidents and see how they behave then, and then set multiple car fires and observe that, also I'm really going to enjoy observing and maybe participating in the random emergencies that apparently occur throughout the world. 

I believe DLC will be the opening of the floodgates for us, however

God, I can't wait. I'm leaving for Gamestop in 3 hours with a bunch of friends.

• LawEnforcer99 likes this

LawEnforcer99
  • LawEnforcer99

Ex Command Sheriff LCLE

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

I am blown away. That was incredible. The paramedics even documented on their PCR's! (Something most civilians don't know is the great amount of paperwork that comes with emergency medical care). 

I'm gonna make my own car accidents and see how they behave then, and then set multiple car fires and observe that, also I'm really going to enjoy observing and maybe participating in the random emergencies that apparently occur throughout the world. 

I believe DLC will be the opening of the floodgates for us, however

God, I can't wait. I'm leaving for Gamestop in 3 hours with a bunch of friends.

Glad Your Happy! When they first didnt put out the fires you were bummed lol but now you saw the complete outcome and everything is good for you, happy playing my friend.

• CCarvalho224 likes this

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Any idea where I'd go to get the park ranger SUV? Or the van

LawEnforcer99
  • LawEnforcer99

Ex Command Sheriff LCLE

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

I havent played the game yet but from the gameplays I have watched im sure the park ranger vehicle would be found in the mountains maybe? As for the van I have seen it being used as a pursuit vehicle. He stole it when it was being used to block the lane the player was traveling on.

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

I guess it's confirmed about vigilante missions, even though I have not played the game:-(. Hopefully that's something they will consider adding on to single player mode.

I will begin my emails again after the release of the game. It worked on this thread. :-)

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:25 AM Edited by jdowning, 17 September 2013 - 02:26 AM.

Wow - just driving on the highway and a truck blew up right in front of me, police responded, got out, looked at scene. A car blew up as well. The truckers behind the police car waited patiently for the police to go away but the fire went out itself so couldn't see fire service responding.

And seen a truck with a trailer carrying big load of wooden logs - hijacked it and was able to detach it, pretty cool.

Is it sad I've completed 48/69 missions and played 26 hours altogether over 4 days? When you think about it, that's 6 hours a day. It sounds bad with the total of 24 hours but 6 hours isn't that much :(, actually yes it is

Drewster327
  • Drewster327

Copper

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

69 mission only? That doesn't seem like much, must be a lot of on the side little missions to keep you busy

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Yeah there's around 3/4 other categories with yoga and a load of other crap which I couldn't be bothered doing. Yoga is a way to waste controller batteries as all it does is constantly vibrate.

I can't wait until people get the game tomorrow. Means we'll all have a better chance of finding new things! Apologies if any of my information up to date has been incorrect. Things can fluctuate a lot from situation to situation!

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

Commission of End of Watch Clan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

I'm drooling at the possibility of light bars and sirens for compatible vehicles from future DLC.

Sanchez14
  • Sanchez14

Special Purpose Force (SFU-1)

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:49 AM Edited by Sanchez14, 17 September 2013 - 02:49 AM.

I just went back to my safehouse garage and the FIB SUV and Sheriff SUV were gone :(

Are you sure you saved after putting them in there? Why would they just vanish!? It's total silliness if we can't keep emergency vehicles.
That's unfortunate. I remember that in IV, random officers on foot patrol would steal your saved cruiser. Hopefully that isn't the case, and they can be saved.

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:49 AM Edited by xIIxFLAMERxIIx, 17 September 2013 - 03:53 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv...63008?t=377m01s

Click that video for an epic police chase. literally felt like a movie. You guys will like when the firetruck comes :)

EDIT: Also that firetruck has no Firefighters on the back of it! They are in the back seats this time

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

On my way to go wait in a 3 hour line. Can't wait to hunt down the FIB Baffalo & the Unmarked Crown Vic when I get back. Hopefully the Limited Edition strategy guide I'm getting sheds light on how to obtain these vehicles.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

There's usually one behind the Vinewood sign next to what would be the Los Angeles Central Communications Facility

• Sanchez14 likes this

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

Well, I've got it! Almost a full 2 years after starting this thread, almost done downloading, then go time!

LSPD_Dragon
  • LSPD_Dragon

Police Officer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Well, I've got it! Almost a full 2 years after starting this thread, almost done downloading, then go time!

Lucky, I won't have it till tomorrow morning...

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

Why didn't Rockstar include Tahoe like police and park ranger SUVs? They could have both Suburban and Tahoe but, if they only had one, a Tahoe would be better. Was there nobody at Rockstar who was aware that Tahoes are much more frequently used by police than Suburbans?

LSPD_Dragon
  • LSPD_Dragon

Police Officer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

Why didn't Rockstar include Tahoe like police and park ranger SUVs? They could have both Suburban and Tahoe but, if they only had one, a Tahoe would be better. Was there nobody at Rockstar who was aware that Tahoes are much more frequently used by police than Suburbans?

Actually alot of police and fire agencies DO use Suburban's too you know, Houston PD and FD used Suburban's, Texas DPS uses some and I've seen various other county and state department's with them.

Drewster327
  • Drewster327

Copper

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

who cares......? It's not even tahoe or suburban it's R*'s version of one, so it could be either, just another nickpicker I guess

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

I've actually seen suburbans used as police cars here in Norway too, oddly enough. =P

5625376000_688a83552b.jpg

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

who cares......? It's not even tahoe or suburban it's R*'s version of one, so it could be either, just another nickpicker I guess

Sure is. Check out his "finger pain" topic for a bit of a laugh.

http://gtaforums.com...like-in-gta-iv/

Cheers!

BirthOfMayhem
  • BirthOfMayhem

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:58 AM Edited by BirthOfMayhem, 17 September 2013 - 07:17 AM.

Does anyone know how to repair Police Vehicles?

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

The lights are downright sexy during the night, but during the day they're pretty hard to see.

• CCarvalho224 likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

After playing for an hour I have found two things that haven't been discussed

Note: These are on the interceptor as this is the only emergency vehicle I have played with.

If you go to mode three with the high beams the spotlight will turn on.

Double click the left stick for a "Special Sound" don't really know what to call it.

upyoustolemylungs
  • upyoustolemylungs

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

So just so I'm clear, no police mode found yet, no pulling cars over, and the siren has to go on with the lights...right?

(PS playing the game now......incredible)

LionheartJ
  • LionheartJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

The new siren you're referring to is the wail tone. In GTA, sirens have three tones. 

I love the new wail, but the yelp sounds the same.

Oh, I see. Where can I hear the yelp sound by the way? Have watched (and listened) to the video on this page, but not everything of it). :p

The video 6 posts above me uses the three tones very briefly. You'll know it when you hear it, though. 

He uses the two tones at about the 0:30 mark.

Now I have watched it back at the time you've mentioned...

I have to say I like it better than from GTA V. But maybe that's because it has longer tones what fits better on the siren of Los Angeles. Or am I wrong about that? xD

This is what the siren in GTA V is modeled off of as far as I can tell. A Motorola Spectra. It is currently used by the LAFD and I believe the LAPD has used it in the past but has now transitioned to the Federal Signal SmartSiren. 

The wail sounds almost identical in the game, which is amazing. But as you can see, the yelp and hyperyelp/pier tone has just been copy-pasted from IV. 

It's just a minor flaw, from what I've seen this game looks incredible just as expected and all these livestreams aren't making the wait any easier. I especially love how authentic the dispatcher and scanner chatter sounds. 

+1 I couldn't agree more.

gDRka.gif

No it is based on a federal signal unitrol omega which the lapd actually uses.

LionheartJ
  • LionheartJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

After playing for an hour I have found two things that haven't been discussed

Note: These are on the interceptor as this is the only emergency vehicle I have played with.

If you go to mode three with the high beams the spotlight will turn on.

Double click the left stick for a "Special Sound" don't really know what to call it.

Do you think you could take a picture or video of the spot light?

gtaadam81
  • gtaadam81

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:26 PM Edited by gtaadam81, 17 September 2013 - 12:39 PM.

Maybe we can email Rockstar (I did send a quick message to them via twitter) to have one button on the directional pad that allows to switch the siren off but leaves the flashing lights on. Should be easy to include in a small update.

Did try all buttons but been unable to just leave the flashing lights on. I have also managed to switch on the spotlight but can't remember which button.

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

One click on the thumb stick = just lights, click again =lights + siren, click again = turn everything off. That simple. Hold down for different siren tones

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users