Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

9,470 replies to this topic
Yorpie
  • Yorpie

I fought the law, and the law lost.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

I'm really surprised, but really happy that the police van is still in the game. We only saw it in one screenshot before.

http://www.youtube.c...1BZLU7D5J26cZed

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

Check this out

As to the guy who commented on my YT video and said he wasn't a member - I've been trying to find the Buffalo but some have mentioned that it may only be online or it may be unlocked at a later stage. I'll keep my eyes peeled

Well done, I really hope are own mechanic can fix these vehicles.

Think it is time you do some missions and make some $$$

I know haha, just finished my first heist, will let you know how much I got in a bit and will maybe buy that garage

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Jdowning this is the last thing I want to see and I'll be set, you've been awesome taking requests and actually showing us what we'll be getting on Tuesday and we really appreciate it.  

Can you show the ambulance at night? 

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Has there been a cheat code to repair damage? We should be able to take the cars to the shop. It's a game, not real life.

• CCarvalho224 likes this

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Yes, I will - just doing some missions! Trevor's life is awful like the Breaking Bad TV show

Njale
  • Njale

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Are the lights on side mirrors still there? i haven't seen them.

Sanchez14
  • Sanchez14

Special Purpose Force (SFU-1)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

While there are disappointments, I like most of what I'm seeing, the vehicles and their lighting look nice (minus the stupid generic POLICE on the Buffalo and Interceptor sides), I really love the world and how diverse it is even if it has hardly any fun enter-able buildings, I'm very excited for this game.

So am I. Despite all the complaints - it is a HUGE step up from IV. I don't know what anyone else prefers, but I'd take V's emergency vehicles over IV's any day. 

I do think they should have kept the new Interceptor out of the game. It should be scrapped completely. It's ugly and doesn't have the proper livery either. It's just inconsistency in an attempt to be cool on Rockstar's part. Still - I won't be driving the ugly piece of garbage. The Buffalo is a bit of a mystery too - seeing as it is even further from the other police vehicles with the strange badge decal on the hood and only showing up in online gameplay and a couple of other places. 

Like ceejayy123 said, we can't fully judge until we have played the game ourselves. We are still in the baby-step phase of the game. 

Cheers!

I disagree. Had Rockstar not included the interceptor, it would have been disappointing, as we would have been left with the Crown Vic, which, despite being a legend, is a dinosaur of a police car and will be dead from the majority of US fleets in less than 2 years, by which Rockstar expects GTA:O to still be alive and kicking, so it'd be unrealistic (Somewhat.)

I don't know about you, but I like up-to-date stuff. I wouldn't want to play the game if they were using 96 caprices in a modern setting, would you?
Well, if that were the case they should have replaced the Interceptor with the Buffalo, as from what we know is only part of the GTA:Online portion of the game.  This would also more accurately portray the LAPD fleet with Crown Vics and Chargers.  The Interceptor can be used for GTA:Online for the 'future'.  Whoever is the vehicle art director for GTA:V needs to be fired and replaced with someone with more competency.  Especially with what they did with the Buffalo and Interceptor livery.
Fired? This is R*s game, they can do whatever they want with it. Everyone is disappointed because they got their hopes up. You should be thankful for what they've already given us. Fact of the matter is, this game is never going to be 100% accurate. I'm also beginning to be annoyed by everyone complain for small, day one "fixes". I'm not trying to stir up a huge argument or anything, but think about some of the things you're asking for (that definitely aren't necessary).

You are telling me to be thankful for what they've given us?  Are you f*cking serious?  Listen, kid, you're 16, I don't expect you to understand.  You have a lot to learn, young grasshopper. ;)

Don't even go there! They could have easily copy and pasted the police cars form 4! You just like to express your dissatisfaction with everything, don't you? I'd also like to say that you have a reputation of being a pretentious @$$hole. I won't argue any further with some obnoxious know it all.

Sanchez14
  • Sanchez14

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Has there been a cheat code to repair damage? We should be able to take the cars to the shop. It's a game, not real life.

The "restore health" cheat repaired your car in IV, so maybe that'll work in V.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

To be honest, even after all of this time waiting for and anticipating the LED's, I actually like the older style Rotators much, much better. Pretty ironic, I think. 

:cookie: 

The way they reflect on the ground and their surroundings is just awesome. They look badass on the ambulances as well. 

Kinda wish the fire engine had two separate lightbars, just for some variety. 

Idk. To be honest, in everything I've seen in the daytime, It doesn't look great. You can barely see them. At night they look insane, but I'm disappointed with daytime. Maybe it'll be better when I have the actual game so we'll see.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

While there are disappointments, I like most of what I'm seeing, the vehicles and their lighting look nice (minus the stupid generic POLICE on the Buffalo and Interceptor sides), I really love the world and how diverse it is even if it has hardly any fun enter-able buildings, I'm very excited for this game.

So am I. Despite all the complaints - it is a HUGE step up from IV. I don't know what anyone else prefers, but I'd take V's emergency vehicles over IV's any day. 

I do think they should have kept the new Interceptor out of the game. It should be scrapped completely. It's ugly and doesn't have the proper livery either. It's just inconsistency in an attempt to be cool on Rockstar's part. Still - I won't be driving the ugly piece of garbage. The Buffalo is a bit of a mystery too - seeing as it is even further from the other police vehicles with the strange badge decal on the hood and only showing up in online gameplay and a couple of other places. 

Like ceejayy123 said, we can't fully judge until we have played the game ourselves. We are still in the baby-step phase of the game. 

Cheers!

I disagree. Had Rockstar not included the interceptor, it would have been disappointing, as we would have been left with the Crown Vic, which, despite being a legend, is a dinosaur of a police car and will be dead from the majority of US fleets in less than 2 years, by which Rockstar expects GTA:O to still be alive and kicking, so it'd be unrealistic (Somewhat.)

I don't know about you, but I like up-to-date stuff. I wouldn't want to play the game if they were using 96 caprices in a modern setting, would you?
Well, if that were the case they should have replaced the Interceptor with the Buffalo, as from what we know is only part of the GTA:Online portion of the game.  This would also more accurately portray the LAPD fleet with Crown Vics and Chargers.  The Interceptor can be used for GTA:Online for the 'future'.  Whoever is the vehicle art director for GTA:V needs to be fired and replaced with someone with more competency.  Especially with what they did with the Buffalo and Interceptor livery.
Fired? This is R*s game, they can do whatever they want with it. Everyone is disappointed because they got their hopes up. You should be thankful for what they've already given us. Fact of the matter is, this game is never going to be 100% accurate. I'm also beginning to be annoyed by everyone complain for small, day one "fixes". I'm not trying to stir up a huge argument or anything, but think about some of the things you're asking for (that definitely aren't necessary).

You are telling me to be thankful for what they've given us?  Are you f*cking serious?  Listen, kid, you're 16, I don't expect you to understand.  You have a lot to learn, young grasshopper. ;)

Don't even go there! They could have easily copy and pasted the police cars form 4! You just like to express your dissatisfaction with everything, don't you? I'd also like to say that you have a reputation of being a pretentious @$$hole. I won't argue any further with some obnoxious know it all.

I really like how you are implying that I am dissatisfied with everything.  This proves even more that you don't know what you are talking about.  Furthermore, ad hom is not a great way to make your opinion be heard.  Have a great day!  ;)

chief685533
  • chief685533

Cheif, Los Santos Police Dept.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

Has anyone thought of the possibility that the Interceptor is still a test car to the LSPD. Maybe later in the game they see a need for it and the livery changes to the real LSPD livery and no the generic POLICE one.

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by American, 15 September 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Has anyone thought of the possibility that the Interceptor is still a test car to the LSPD. Maybe later in the game they see a need for it and the livery changes to the real LSPD livery and no the generic POLICE one.

Maybe later on the ability to have the lights without sirens magically appears, the rear LEDs on the interceptors magically expand, and the tail lights don't turn off when the emergency lights are on. Just sayin'....

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Maybe later on the ability to have the lights without sirens magically appears, the rear LEDs on the interceptors magically expand, and the tail lights down't turn off when the emergency lights are on. Just sayin'....

No, no, no.  You got it all wrong.  You have to play the game to unlock the new liveries, better rear deck lights for the Interceptor, and better siren tones.

Or

Spoiler
!

Drunkpolice
  • Drunkpolice

Los Santos City Police Sergeant

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Watching a live stream right now of a bank mission. Main characters are wearing armor guards uniforms,

K9xZhDN.png

Hopefully we can keep them if mission goes right. I'll confirm once the player completes the mission.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:40 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 15 September 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Watching a live stream right now of a bank mission. Main characters are wearing armor guards uniforms,

Image Removed

Hopefully we can keep them if mission goes right. I'll confirm once the player completes the mission.

Going a bit too far with the spoilers. 

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Maybe later on the ability to have the lights without sirens magically appears, the rear LEDs on the interceptors magically expand, and the tail lights down't turn off when the emergency lights are on. Just sayin'....

No, no, no.  You got it all wrong.  You have to play the game to unlock the new liveries, better rear deck lights for the Interceptor, and better siren tones.

Or

Spoiler
!

Is anyone else bothered by the way the tail lights completely turn off when the emergency lights are on? How didn't anyone at Rockstar point this out to be fixed? It'[s amazing really. Has anyone there actually thought this through?

chief685533
  • chief685533

Cheif, Los Santos Police Dept.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Maybe later on the ability to have the lights without sirens magically appears, the rear LEDs on the interceptors magically expand, and the tail lights don't turn off when the emergency lights are on. Just sayin'....

I get it is kind of outlandish but it is kind of a possibility. The buildings throughout the city get built,weather changes, police adopt new tools to kill the player.

Sanchez14
  • Sanchez14

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Cheers!

I really like how you are implying that I am dissatisfied with everything.  This proves even more that you don't know what you are talking about.  Furthermore, ad hom is not a great way to make your opinion be heard.  Have a great day!  ;)
Wrong again my friend! As always, you act as though I'm not as knowledgable as you, proving that you stick to your pretentious reputation. Way to stay on topic might I add. Thanks, have a wonderful day yourself!

Sanchez14
  • Sanchez14

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Or
Spoiler
!
Haha, everyone's wrong but yourself! Anyway, I'm thinking they could possibly get away with a similar "texture" pack that BF3 implemented into their game. This could fix some of these "issues" and make everyone happy.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Wrong again my friend! As always, you act as though I'm not as knowledgable as you, proving that you stick to your pretentious reputation. Way to stay on topic might I add. Thanks, have a wonderful day yourself!

Just ignore each other or take the arguing to messaging please.

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

Commission of End of Watch Clan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Or
Spoiler
!
Haha, everyone's wrong but yourself! Anyway, I'm thinking they could possibly get away with a similar "texture" pack that BF3 implemented into their game. This could fix some of these "issues" and make everyone happy.

This is highly plausible.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Just ignore each other or take the arguing to messaging please.

Yes this, and while I love all the info please don't post any more spoilers in the thread in regards to non-emergency vehicles please.

There are lots of other threads like that or make your own.

Thanks again.  And we will all have the game in 48hours.......

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

Commission of End of Watch Clan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Or
Spoiler
!

Is anyone else bothered by the way the tail lights completely turn off when the emergency lights are on? How didn't anyone at Rockstar point this out to be fixed? It'[s amazing really. Has anyone there actually thought this through?

Again, probably a glitch, that will probably be fixed day one.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

It does bother me but at the same time, I am not surprised in the least.  In EFLC, all the new vehicles didn't have textures on the headlights or taillights when they were on, they only had effects.  Once again, modders came to the rescue and fixed it so the headlights and taillights actually looked like they were on instead of emitted some ghostly effect.

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

Actually, that FIB SUV, after leaving it in Michael's garage and doing a mission, I came back and it was completely repaired. Nice ;)

• American, CCarvalho224 and Sanchez14 like this

Drunkpolice
  • Drunkpolice

Los Santos City Police Sergeant

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

Actually, that FIB SUV, after leaving it in Michael's garage and doing a mission, I came back and it was completely repaired. Nice ;)

Great! so this means we can keep it.

Now, have you found the unmarked CVPI yet?

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

As it should, good to see that feature still exists.

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Great! so this means we can keep it.

Now, have you found the unmarked CVPI yet?

Hi there, nope, no unmarked Crown Vics yet seen chasing me or at any police stations. That's what has got me thinking that maybe it'll be 'unlocked' at a later stage? Maybe not

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by jdowning, 15 September 2013 - 08:17 PM.

OK guys - just some news here. I'm on my way to a mission and there's a large 'B" on the map where I've to go to. On the legend thing, it says Federal Investigation Bureau. Will let you know when I'm there. Appears to be North of Los Santos in the hills somewhere though

matty746
  • matty746

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Jdowning where was that blaine county fire station? was it in a town or in the countryside somewhere? Thanks again man for all you are doing, i hope youre taking time for yourself to enjoy the game and not just being a puppet for us!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users