Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

8,591 replies to this topic
CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

The fire department is such a clusterf**k. The only thing that they did a good job with was the LSFD ambulance.

But godd**n, I was never expecting this. 

What do you mean? Is the engine the only Firetruck in the game? I hope not sh*t

I'm pretty sure if you have a fire station big enough to house 6 vehicles and all 3 vehicles in the station are the same vehicle; Yes, that's the only fire apparatus in the game. 

Lets not forget that there are going to updates and plenty of DLC guys. I mean seriously.

I realize that, and that's what I'm still holding my breath for. Do you think vehicle DLC will be a thing? 

The realist in me says "no", but the other part of me says "yes".

• CTUDirector likes this

LSPD_Dragon
  • LSPD_Dragon

Police Officer

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

jdowning, do they at least actually fight fire? Like car fires or patches of grass that you light up with the jerry can? 

Could you try that? 

They do, IGN's interview/demo said that when they left a burning building or car or such after they did a mission, they saw two firetrucks code 3'ing to where they were.

nackatacka
  • nackatacka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

The fire department is such a clusterf**k. The only thing that they did a good job with was the LSFD ambulance.

But godd**n, I was never expecting this. 

What do you mean? Is the engine the only Firetruck in the game? I hope not sh*t

I'm pretty sure if you have a fire station big enough to house 6 vehicles and all 3 vehicles in the station are the same vehicle; Yes, that's the only fire apparatus in the game. 

Lets not forget that there are going to updates and plenty of DLC guys. I mean seriously.

how about we look at the brightside of the game lol. I knew from the start that rockstar would do something like this. not a surprise. ambulance looks great and police look good.

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

jdowning, do they at least actually fight fire? Like car fires or patches of grass that you light up with the jerry can? 

Could you try that? 

They do, IGN's interview/demo said that when they left a burning building or car or such after they did a mission, they saw two firetrucks code 3'ing to where they were.

Yeah, that part excites me. I think the leakers don't know how to trigger that kind of stuff. Ill be testing the sh*t out of the fire mechanics on launch day

• CTUDirector and CCarvalho224 like this

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

Could you try that? 

Yes, but I have a feeling that that was just scripted for that mission only. I've seen plenty of livestreams where cars caught fire and nothing happened. 

• CTUDirector likes this

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

Director of the Counter Terrorist Unit

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Could you try that? 

Yes, but I have a feeling that that was just scripted for that mission only. I've seen plenty of livestreams where cars caught fire and nothing happened. 

Cars "catching" fire and houses/property being lit on fire are very different.

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Could you try that? 

They did a good job on the ambulance response though. Everytime a streamer kills someone, 1 or 2 ambulances race to the scene.

• CCarvalho224 likes this

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Could you try that? 

They did a good job on the ambulance response though. Everytime a streamer kills someone, 1 or 2 ambulances race to the scene.

Has anyone seen what the paramedics do when they arrive? Probably not, because every stream I've seen the streamer kills them or drives away. 

• CTUDirector likes this

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

Could you try that? 

Has anyone seen what the paramedics do when they arrive? Probably not, because every stream I've seen the streamer kills them or drives away. 

I have not but I saw a glimpse once, they just heal him on scene and drive off. It could just be depending on injuries. im not sure

LionheartJ
  • LionheartJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

The new siren you're referring to is the wail tone. In GTA, sirens have three tones. 

I love the new wail, but the yelp sounds the same. 

why did they change the yelp tone? if you watch the trailers the yelp tone is different and new, but they changed it back to gta iv's.. why?

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

sorry about sound etc.. better be quick before R* takes it down

Was this on 360 or PS3?

Yeah I don't have it yet, are the Blaine County cruisers identical to the LSSD Cruisers except with the Blaine County lettering, or is it an entirely different paint scheme? Off topic question: How long will it take for shipping for preorders from Rockstar Warehouse? Also who uses the Unmarked Vapid Cruiser, just the LSPD?

Totally different paint scheme. The Blaine County cruisers are all white.

Are you sure you aren't referring to the Los Santos County Sheriff?  They have white cruisers.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

The new siren you're referring to is the wail tone. In GTA, sirens have three tones. 

why did they change the yelp tone? if you watch the trailers the yelp tone is different and new, but they changed it back to gta iv's.. why?

Right?!

• CTUDirector likes this

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'm hoping that they change it back to the trailer version in an update.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

The trailers used stock sound effects, not actual ingame sounds.

Drunkpolice
  • Drunkpolice

Los Santos City Police Sergeant

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

If only we knew the answers and reasoning behind Rockstar's changes, we'd tell you why.

I just don't understand why they've done a half-ass job with the Fire Department and did great for EMS and PD. What went wrong there? Why only Engine?

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

If only we knew the answers and reasoning behind Rockstar's changes, we'd tell you why.

I just don't understand why they've done a half-ass job with the Fire Department and did great for EMS and PD. What went wrong there? Why only Engine?

There could be another fire apparatus later in the game, after you progress. I have no answer otherwise.

LionheartJ
  • LionheartJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by LionheartJ, 15 September 2013 - 01:07 AM.

• We cant access the prison from the inside
  • We cant access the noose building or the fib building, totally non enterable
  • They changed the yelp tone back to gta iv's
  • We cant turn on the lights with no siren sounding
  • We cant turn on spot light in police helicopter
  • All sirens are the same for every emergency vehicle
  • No air horn for the fire truck
  • No vigilante mission or on board computer on the police car
  • Police do not patrol the streets

* Double facepalm* how disappointing... you guys must be disappointed reading this because i am.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

There could be another fire apparatus later in the game, after you progress. I have no answer otherwise.

Maybe some Online exclusives like with the police? Wouldn't make sense, but hey, I'd take it. 

• CTUDirector likes this

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

* Double facepalm* how disappointing... you guys must be disappointed reading this because i am.</p>

I had no expectations, every game is different and could potentially change in the future with DLC.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

We cant access the prison from the inside

We cant access the noose building or the fib building, totally non enterable

* Double facepalm* how disappointing... you guys must be disappointed reading this because i am.

You can also add:

• No LSPD liveries for Vapid Interceptor and Bravado Buffalo
  • No actual Blane County Sheriff
  • CTUDirector and CCarvalho224 like this

LionheartJ
  • LionheartJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

No the trailers used the real sirens, if you listen to the wail tone in the trailer, it is exactly the same as the one in the game. But for some reason they took the yelp out and replaced it with the old gta iv's.

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

<p>

You can also add:

They did give us additional vehicles though that weren't even thought of, aka Park Ranger and Lifeguard.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

<p>

You can also add:

They did give us additional vehicles though that weren't even thought of, aka Park Ranger and Lifeguard.

Yeah...

Which I haven't even gotten a good look at because streamers are lame. 

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

<p>

You can also add:

I called the Park Ranger out when they were first revealed in that Vinewood sign picture.  Lifeguard was a nice addition though.

OT:  Drunkpolice, I really like your avatar.  Too bad avatar size limits don't do the image justice.

1000w_q75.jpg

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

No the trailers used the real sirens, if you listen to the wail tone in the trailer, it is exactly the same as the one in the game. But for some reason they took the yelp out and replaced it with the old gta iv's.

R.I.P badass yelp tone. We hardly knew ya. 

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

So much this.  GTA IV's pierce and yelp tone sound so generic and make my ears bleed.  I can't believe they're leaving them in there in V while only giving the wail an update.  Whenever a leaker has switched from the "wail" to a secondary tone, it sounds really bad because one has been made within the last year or so and sounds more advanced while IV's is very bleh if that makes any sense.  The tones just sound wayyy too different between wail and secondary tones to sound normal if this makes any sense at all.

kmanmx
  • kmanmx

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

And this is why we await the PC version :D though I figure not everyone on here is a PC gamer. 

It's a bit of a shame - but at the end of the day, the game is so big, so complicated, compromises HAVE to be made. And from their point of view, we are a minority and so it's fair enough to not spend an absolute tonne of time on. Atleast the lights are much better and the police AI is much better too.

There is always the chance of DLC for more vehicles, etc. 

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

There are black and white sheriff vehicles, those are representative of Los Angeles county, and those are Los Santos County Sheriff. Then are the white cars, those I'd assume are Blaine County.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Yeah... no.  If you are talking about the Franklin trailer, those sounds were added to the trailer.

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

R.I.P badass yelp tone. We hardly knew ya. 

Is it bad I haven't seen this video yet somehow? lol.  That yelp tone is WOW, why the hell did they get rid of it?!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users