» «
Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

9,314 replies to this topic
jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:49 PM Edited by jdowning, 14 September 2013 - 10:51 PM.

One of many ambulances, 2 helipads on roof, no choppers though

2hebyhg.jpg

Still looking for fire trucks, don't worry and sorry for delay

I noticed when I shot cops, they lay on the ground and returned fire

Intelligent, yes - but not very happy with police in general. Like if I stop the car after committing a crime, they'll continue shooting at me if I'm not shooting at them. Maybe a bit too reckless and maybe 'too computer' generated whenever they're pitting me etc. Whenever they shout through loudspeaker, it's too loud you can't really hear them, no cops on streets, rely on people calling 911.. very fast though and I think traffic responds a lot better to sirens

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Very, VERY disappointing to read that the police don't even patrol the streets anymore.  That's actually REALLY bad and stupid.  Every GTA has always had police patrolling the streets, this absolutely sucks.

matty746
  • matty746

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Are you happy with the game overall jdowning? Or a little disappointed? I'm still excited but it seems like they cut some corners. Thanks for all you're doing!

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

Commission of End of Watch Clan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Very, VERY disappointing to read that the police don't even patrol the streets anymore.  That's actually REALLY bad and stupid.  Every GTA has always had police patrolling the streets, this absolutely sucks.

This issue might be addressed later with an update, it could be a failure in the coding of the game.

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

This issue might be addressed later with an update, it could be a failure in the coding of the game.

I sure would hope so, that's a huge downfall imo.  It will definitely change the way we play, we always used to have to look for cops on the street before we did anything illegal, now you will just be able to do it and take off...  That's pretty lame.

• doutee8 likes this

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

I sure would hope so, that's a huge downfall imo.  It will definitely change the way we play, we always used to have to look for cops on the street before we did anything illegal, now you will just be able to do it and take off...  That's pretty lame.

In some parts of LA, that's literally the way it is.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:05 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 14 September 2013 - 11:05 PM.

In some parts of LA, that's literally the way it is.

But LAPD still patrols the streets. I have only been to LA once and as soon as I entered the city their were two Black & Whites patrolling.

Drewster327
  • Drewster327

Copper

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

are you sure they don't patrol, maybe they don't spawn as much as GTA IV because I was watching a live stream where a couple police cars pulled up to a stop light casually without any stars

LSPD_Dragon
  • LSPD_Dragon

Police Officer

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

As above, as far as I know that is how L.A. is like.. I've NEVER seen cops on foot in my times visiting there, they're always in patrol cars.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I've seen them patrolling. 

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

As above, as far as I know that is how L.A. is like.. I've NEVER seen cops on foot in my times visiting there, they're always in patrol cars.

I'm talking about patrolling in their cars...  Somebody said a couple of pages back that they haven't seen one actual cop car patrolling in V yet.  The only thing they've seen so far has been a chase and a traffic stop or something but not actually patrolling.

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

To answer the question am I happy with the game? I don't really know. I'm quite a big fan of police myself and roleplay quite a bit and from that perspective, not being able to drive the Escalade and other vehicles is a bit disappointing. I'd have hoped for an FIB facility. The only thing you can do to customise a car like a police car is to have a police horn lol. I'm more willing to see what cars they will put in for online, that will be the answer decider for that question. Cars in the game seem far too fast to be true. For example, I hijacked a Boxville earlier (a big truck) and it's simply so unrealistic how fast it was going. 

Here's a post I was going to make before seeing your question:

Ok - found a firestation. Don't think you you'll be too happy.

There's a pole, but you can't get upstairs. Pretty disappointing.

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

I went in and the firefighters, as you said, aren't too happy that I stepped into the place. They started saying:

"You worthless turd"

"You piece of sh*t"

"I'm putting these boots right up your ass"

..whilst all punching me to death. Climbed up onto the roof, no helis, no nothing. Boring.

nackatacka
  • nackatacka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

Link to the guide. Fib vehicles are in it. They said the guide doesn't have all of the vehicles in it.

http://www.se7ensins...ons-map.984641/

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

In reference to the boxville, they are based off of UPS trucks, and they do actually travel fairly fast.

KyleJfry
  • KyleJfry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:17 PM Edited by KyleJfry, 14 September 2013 - 11:21 PM.

Not getting my hopes up too high for anything other then a fire truck anymore, although I've only seen 2 fire stations it does seem all the gameplay and images are based around that 1 truck... Although I'm still wondering if there are any other fire vehicles, like an SUV or ladder... 

Although I find it weird they they've gone into detail with EMS, having hospital based ambulance companies and the Fire Department ambulance. Plus the paramedic and firefighter peds are incredibly detailed in terms of their real life counterparts, R* have obviously done some research which is still making me wonder if they even contemplated adding any tiller ladders or SUVs, squads or rescue trucks.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

To answer the question am I happy with the game? I don't really know. I'm quite a big fan of police myself and roleplay quite a bit and from that perspective, not being able to drive the Escalade and other vehicles is a bit disappointing. I'd have hoped for an FIB facility. The only thing you can do to customise a car like a police car is to have a police horn lol. I'm more willing to see what cars they will put in for online, that will be the answer decider for that question. Cars in the game seem far too fast to be true. For example, I hijacked a Boxville earlier (a big truck) and it's simply so unrealistic how fast it was going. 

Here's a post I was going to make before seeing your question:

Ok - found a firestation. Don't think you you'll be too happy.

There's a pole, but you can't get upstairs. Pretty disappointing.

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

I went in and the firefighters, as you said, aren't too happy that I stepped into the place. They started saying:

"You worthless turd"

"You piece of sh*t"

"I'm putting these boots right up your ass"

..whilst all punching me to death. Climbed up onto the roof, no helis, no nothing. Boring.

I'm surprised they got the helmet colors right. (Captain - Orange, Firefighter - Yellow). 

Wow, that's a bummer. And look how big that station is, they could've easily put a tiller in there!  :cry: 

5359631833_e122730348_z.jpg

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by jdowning, 14 September 2013 - 11:20 PM.

I shot around 30 people and actually had to call 911 myself to get them to respond. 

Would anyone think that the ability to get access to these cars could come later in the game? Like I haven't seen any female cops yet either

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

So glad that the FIB has two vehicles which is something that I have been hoping for since trailer one. Although, the FIB Baffalo looks 100% copy + paste from GTA IV. Looks like it even has the same crappy LED's.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

I've seen leaked gameplay videos and seen the cops patrolling, so that's not an issue. What is an issue tho, is the lack of the new generation of the Buffalo's. Anybody seen any new gen Buffalo cruisers?

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

I swear to God, I've been playing this game for hours now and haven't seen one cop patrolling. Maybe something wrong on my end?

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I've seen them patrolling.

So have I.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

I've seen leaked gameplay videos and seen the cops patrolling, so that's not an issue. What is an issue tho, is the lack of the new generation of the Buffalo's. Anybody seen any new gen Buffalo cruisers?

All law enforcement Baffalos including the FIB one are the same model from IV Copy & Pasted.  :/

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:27 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 14 September 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Looks like this is every emergency land vehicle in GTA V. Very impressive compared to what we had in IV.

*Edit* CallTheCoroner pointed out that the Crown Vic isn't on here so there is likely one more page of emergency vehicles!

Vehicles5_zps3cb3bdfa.jpg

bfrg8x.jpg

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:27 PM Edited by CallTheCoroner, 14 September 2013 - 11:28 PM.

All law enforcement Baffalos including the FIB one are the same model from IV Copy & Pasted.  :/

That's a bummer. I was sure they were gonna have new gen Buffalo cruisers before the leaks. I mean, they already have them in the game. I wonder why they didn't make any cruisers.

@SimsDaniel916

I don't see the Vapid cruiser, so that can't be all of the vehicles.

nackatacka
  • nackatacka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

There is an FIB suv though as well. I don't know about the lights though but they probably are the same leds on the police cruisers though. and I havnt seen any buffalo cruisers either.

LSPD_Dragon
  • LSPD_Dragon

Police Officer

• Members

I'm talking about patrolling in their cars...  Somebody said a couple of pages back that they haven't seen one actual cop car patrolling in V yet.  The only thing they've seen so far has been a chase and a traffic stop or something but not actually patrolling.

I swear to God, I've been playing this game for hours now and haven't seen one cop patrolling. Maybe something wrong on my end?

Aah, sorry flyer well hopefully it's different when the game is officially out, will admit haven't seen many police vehicles have been low though I have indeed seen a couple in the videos I watch, plus the cops sitting on the side of roads doing speed radar could count too.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members
  • United-States

If that Utility truck has a functioning cherry picker I'm gonna be pissed...

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Does anyone know why I wouldn't have seen any police cars patrolling (except when in pursuit with NPC) or a number of different cars including the Range Rover (forget the name, just Huntley)... not one of them have I seen. 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

I wonder when the unmarked cruiser is called in and how LSPD uses it? I'm hoping that you'll see detectives riding around in that investigating your murders/crimes.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Not getting my hopes up too high for anything other then a fire truck anymore, although I've only seen 2 fire stations it does seem all the gameplay and images are based around that 1 truck... Although I'm still wondering if there are any other fire vehicles, like an SUV or ladder... 

Although I find it weird they they've gone into detail with EMS, having hospital based ambulance companies and the Fire Department ambulance. Plus the paramedic and firefighter peds are incredibly detailed in terms of their real life counterparts, R* have obviously done some research which is still making me wonder if they even contemplated adding any tiller ladders or SUVs, squads or rescue trucks.

Yeah I agree, they definitely did some amount of research and I applaud them for that but then they pull s**t like this and it just confuses me so much...

I just noticed that on the front doors of the fire engine it says "Los Santos Fire Department" then on the back doors it says "Los Santos County Fire Dept. Rescue Squad 36" and on the back of the engine the number is "32".

What the actual f**k....

It's like...I don't even know what they were...why 2 different numbers on one vehicle? 

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users