Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

8,591 replies to this topic
SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 14 September 2013 - 07:01 PM.

Just went Los Santos Customs with the Ambulance, says 'This vehicle cannot be modified'. 

If you turn on the sirens and quickly honk the horn afterwards, the horn can be heard alongside the sirens.

If you tap the sirens just quickly, a 'whirl' or something can be heard, not sure what the technical language is.

Left an ambulance in the safehouse for a few mins, went back and was still there. 

LS Fire Department Paramedic

Can you go to the FIB Building and see if there is an FIB vehicle in the parking lot? Have you seen the FIB at all yet?

Do you've any idea where it is on the map?

If you can get me a location, I'll go no probs.

Also - does anyone know if I unlock the map eventually? It seems the map is completely invisible in some parts and when I drive on the road that's invisible it 'unlocks' it on my map? 

I'll check the other tips re the sirens and lights in a min.

It's downtown Los Santos. It is a tall skyscraper and it had FIB glowing on the side of the building.

http://www.rockstarg...ot/361-1280.jpg

Also, you don't unlock the map until you have traveled throughout all of it. Lots of people are just flying planes all over the map to quickly unlock it on the map.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Just went Los Santos Customs with the Ambulance, says 'This vehicle cannot be modified'. 

If you turn on the sirens and quickly honk the horn afterwards, the horn can be heard alongside the sirens.

If you tap the sirens just quickly, a 'whirl' or something can be heard, not sure what the technical language is.

Left an ambulance in the safehouse for a few mins, went back and was still there. 

Can you go to the FIB Building and see if there is an FIB vehicle in the parking lot? Have you seen the FIB at all yet?

Do you've any idea where it is on the map?

If you can get me a location, I'll go no probs.

Also - does anyone know if I unlock the map eventually? It seems the map is completely invisible in some parts and when I drive on the road that's invisible it 'unlocks' it on my map? 

I'll check the other tips re the sirens and lights in a min.

It's downtown Los Santos. It is a tall skyscraper and it had FIB glowing on the side of the building.

http://www.rockstarg...ot/361-1280.jpg

There's also a NOOSE government office on the Eastern coast of the state if you take the I-4 (Palomino Freeway) and take the first exit off US Route 15 (wow, I sound like I live in Los Santos). Go see what's there! 

363409.gif

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Ok, just got to 'Vinewood Police Department'

Quite a big police station, as soon as I arrived there was around 5 police cars out the front, not too sure of the name of them, a few police officers out front, didn't want to get caught.

A police car then pulled up into one of the empty parking spaces and got out and joined the other officers

Had a look around the back, nothing really, jumped up on top and there was a police maverick. Hijacked with no alarm, but very very different flying technique compared to GTA IV. Much more difficult I thought, the whole screen tilted and you could kind of hover in GTA IV by pushing no controls, whereas this one will bring the chopper down. 

I'll get more on the other info as soon as I find this FIB building!

whl753.jpg28iyypd.jpg14bqjon.jpg

• CCarvalho224 likes this

chief685533
  • chief685533

Cheif, Los Santos Police Dept.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Quite a big police station, as soon as I arrived there was around 5 police cars out the front, not too sure of the name of them, a few police officers out front, didn't want to get caught.

A police car then pulled up into one of the empty parking spaces and got out and joined the other officers

Had a look around the back, nothing really, jumped up on top and there was a police maverick. Hijacked with no alarm, but very very different flying technique compared to GTA IV. Much more difficult I thought, the whole screen tilted and you could kind of hover in GTA IV by pushing no controls, whereas this one will bring the chopper down. 

whl753.jpg28iyypd.jpg14bqjon.jpg

Can you turn on/off the spotlight and move it around?

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Not really. There is an option if you press the Right D-Pad in once/twice, it'll create a little bit of light but I'm not sure where the light source is from. It's a bright white light, possibly for landing and taking off but definitely not controllable and isn't coming from the spotlight thing on the front.

Zack91
  • Zack91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

After watching lots of gameplay (freeroam), i haven't seen much of the police actually patrolling the streets like in previous Gta's other than seeing police chasing after Peds. I may be wrong but can someone explain? Even when i saw the random events such as police chases, there was only one cruiser chasing after the ped.

chief685533
  • chief685533

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Not really. There is an option if you press the Right D-Pad in once/twice, it'll create a little bit of light but I'm not sure where the light source is from. It's a bright white light, possibly for landing and taking off but definitely not controllable and isn't coming from the spotlight thing on the front.

Do you think it could be like San Andreas where it only turns on between certain time period in the day. Thanks in advanced

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:31 PM Edited by jdowning, 14 September 2013 - 07:31 PM.

After watching lots of gameplay (freeroam), i haven't seen much of the police actually patrolling the streets like in previous Gta's other than seeing police chasing after Peds. I may be wrong but can someone explain? Even when i saw the random events such as police chases, there was only one cruiser chasing after the ped.

Forgot to mention this. When I'm out on the streets, I haven't seen one police car patrol normally, except for when in a pursuit or on the side of a highway / parked up in their car at the airport. Found it very weird.

Did have one experience earlier where the police was performing a traffic stop and the driver failed to stop. Police pit manoeuvred (perfectly, looked awesome) and the car stopped. A gang member (of 4 people) got out and started shooting at the cops, killed them but no backup arrived, only an ambulance.

Still looking for an FIB building. I did find another police station, quite big. Accessible. Went in, and there's locker rooms (no, unfortunately you can't get into them) but it had roof access. On top was a Buzzard with no missiles/guns. Because I accessed the locker room corridor, I got 3 stars.

Sorry for poor images, tryna' control with 1 hand. edit: check back in a sec, reuploading

Drunkpolice
  • Drunkpolice

Los Santos City Police Sergeant

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Forgot to mention this. When I'm out on the streets, I haven't seen one police car patrol normally, except for when in a pursuit or on the side of a highway / parked up in their car at the airport. Found it very weird.

Did have one experience earlier where the police was performing a traffic stop and the driver failed to stop. Police pit manoeuvred (perfectly, looked awesome) and the car stopped. A gang member (of 4 people) got out and started shooting at the cops, killed them but no backup arrived, only an ambulance.

Still looking for an FIB building. I did find another police station, quite big. Accessible. Went in, and there's locker rooms (no, unfortunately you can't get into them) but it had roof access. On top was a Buzzard with no missiles/guns. Because I accessed the locker room corridor, I got 3 stars.

Sorry for poor images, tryna' control with 1 hand. edit: check back in a sec, reuploading

When it's night time, you should see if you can turn the spotlight on.

Also, do the police crusiers have on-board computers, just like GTA IV? Are you able to play police vigiliance missions?

You should attempt to look for the unmarked crusier.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

I can see the FIB building in the Helicopter picture. It is the skyscraper all the way to the left.

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

http://www.imagebam....bf5e1c275970300

http://www.imagebam....280ec1275970408

http://www.imagebam....cbad80275970498

I'll check it out now Sims

I did try the heli during nighttime, spotlight didn't work. I'll check police vigilante and onboard comps in a sec

matty746
  • matty746

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

jdowning, how many fire stations have you seen? are any of them enterable?

chief685533
  • chief685533

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

I did try the heli during nighttime, spotlight didn't work. I'll check police vigilante and onboard comps in a sec

Are those ropes coming out of the helicopter on the first image?

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:42 PM Edited by jdowning, 14 September 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Hi matty, I've only seen one but I'm sure there are plenty more. They're not detailed on the big map you get the game, so you may have a hard time finding them.

Interesting find this, I went back to try and find the FIB building Sims seen and there's a red ambulance chopper on the top of the LCPD building on the pics I first showed you were there was a maverick.

This one's called a 'Police Maverick' as well

IMG_2296.JPG

norgeek
  • norgeek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm really sorry if I've missed this info, tried looking for it in several current threads..

It was said earlier that stealing any car (vehicle?) will get the police on your tail if and when they spot you, and you have to change licence plates to lose the heat.

Is this true? If that's the case, how does this work with stolen emergency vehicles that apparently cannot access the paintshop? 

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Are those ropes coming out of the helicopter on the first image?

They are indeed - they dropped 2/4 guys off on the LCPD building of the chopper I stole, and very precise aiming techniques when they took out my chopper from the heli

Zack91
  • Zack91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Yea thats really a bummer if its true. Was there only one cruiser chasing after the ped on the side of the highway or more? And have you tried to call 911on the in game phone and request police assistance maybe when following a pursuit or shootout? Wonder how that all plays out.

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

This is by no means a police vehicle, but I just thought I'd show the GTA IV police cruiser as a civvie in LS.

YMDwwrh.jpg

Drunkpolice
  • Drunkpolice

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ok. Thank you.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

This is by no means a police vehicle, but I just thought I'd show the GTA IV police cruiser as a civvie in LS.

YMDwwrh.jpg

Steal one and tell us what it's called, lol

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Ok, just went to FIB building. There's like a car park that runs through the building, but nothing in it whatsoever. It's open to public, no wanted stars.

At the top, no helipad. The building is basically useless. No entry, no FIB cars.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 14 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.

Ok, just went to FIB building. There's like a car park that runs through the building, but nothing in it whatsoever. It's open to public, no wanted stars.

At the top, no helipad. The building is basically useless. No entry, no FIB cars.

Wow... WTF Rockstar. Hugely disappointed.

Anyways, I'm a huge Federal Law Enforcement follower so the NOOSE area is my last hope. Think you can check that out some time?

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

The cruiser with the rotary lightbar looks absolutely great at night. Is there any vid of the LED lightbar at night? Because in the day time you barely see them flash, and it seems like a slow flash. I remember seeing pics where the LEDs flashed in different sequences but from what I've seen its just the whole red side flashes and then the blue flashes, theres no different flash patterns.

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:10 PM Edited by OD913, 14 September 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Double post.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:11 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 14 September 2013 - 08:14 PM.

The cruiser with the rotary lightbar looks absolutely great at night. Is there any vid of the LED lightbar at night? Because in the day time you barely see them flash, and it seems like a slow flash. I remember seeing pics where the LEDs flashed in different sequences but from what I've seen its just the whole red side flashes and then the blue flashes, theres no different flash patterns.

This Video here shows the LED's in day time and it shows a few different patterns. (HD Gameplay)

*EDIT* Scratch that, video taken down.

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by Glenni91, 14 September 2013 - 08:17 PM.

YMDwwrh.jpg

Steal one and tell us what it's called, lol

It was taken from a youtube vid, taken down now sadly, but it's called Vapid Stanier in the GTA V guidebook.

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

xp80mc.jpg

ahhhh... that looks nicee. Fully working LED'S with side panel and back lights. Although they used the same model from IV the paintjob looks a lot better than IV's. Thanks for the Pic.  :santa:

OD913
  • OD913

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

whl753.jpg

I don't remember ever seeing a black bar across the top of the LED lightbar, is this a different bar, or do they all have that on the top now?

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by jdowning, 14 September 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Ok guys, just went up to the far North near the mountains in a plane and must've entered a huge airforce base. I was told to leave the area now or they will shoot me down.. and they did, two missiles and I was taken down from some surface-to-air missile.

I'll check out NOOSE and the LED at night.

Also - just got 1* there and 3 cops chased me, it seemed like one of them was in a Red sports car.. no lights or anything, maybe he hijacked it but he chased me from the word go

Drunkpolice
  • Drunkpolice

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Ok guys, just went up to the far North near the mountains in a plane and must've entered a huge airforce base. I was told to leave the area now or they will shoot me down.. and they did, two missiles and I was taken down from some surface-to-air missile.

I'll check out NOOSE and the LED at night.

Also - just got 1* there and 3 cops chased me, it seemed like one of them was in a Red sports car.. no lights or anything, maybe he hijacked it but he chased me from the word go

Did you get the chance to check for on-board computers and police vigilance missions?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users