» «
Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

8,591 replies to this topic
Grand Theft Auto TOM
  • Grand Theft Auto TOM

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:10 PM Edited by Grand Theft Auto TOM, 14 September 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Have seen some gameplay videos (thanks for those who shared them with us!) and I'm not disappointed. Everything looks great! Seems like there are different Fire Trucks and ambulances, according to from what I've seen so far! :D

Looking forward to drive them all. ^^

By the way, did anyone notice that they actually use the real life sirens (compared to some videos of respondings on YouTube)? I really like the new ones, especially if you look back on how bad it was in GTA IV. :p

Corinthians1996
  • Corinthians1996

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by Corinthians1996, 14 September 2013 - 04:39 PM.

LSPD Vapid Cruiser footage

mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

where are the crown vics? i aint seen any in all the leaked videos only the taurus

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

Kinda sucks that the yelp tone is the same one from IV. 

Grand Theft Auto TOM
  • Grand Theft Auto TOM

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Kinda sucks that the yelp tone is the same one from IV. 

Yelp tone? You mean siren? Sorry, English is not my native language, so... xD

If you mean that, I have to disagree with it. The new siren sound much better than in GTA IV. That's my opinion of course, but I'm not that deaf that I'm not able to hear the differences between two kinds of sound. :p

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

The new siren you're referring to is the wail tone. In GTA, sirens have three tones. 

I love the new wail, but the yelp sounds the same. 

Grand Theft Auto TOM
  • Grand Theft Auto TOM

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

The new siren you're referring to is the wail tone. In GTA, sirens have three tones. 

Oh, I see. Where can I hear the yelp sound by the way? Have watched (and listened) to the video on this page, but not everything of it). :p

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by CCarvalho224, 14 September 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Oh, I see. Where can I hear the yelp sound by the way? Have watched (and listened) to the video on this page, but not everything of it). :p

The video 6 posts above me uses the three tones very briefly. You'll know it when you hear it, though. 

He uses the two tones at about the 0:30 mark. 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

The Primary tone seams a lot shorter than the one in IV (Loops more) and the secondary tones sound the same. The new wail seams like it would get annoying since it loops so much.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

The Primary tone seams a lot shorter than the one in IV (Loops more) and the secondary tones sound the same. The new wail seams like it would get annoying since it loops so much.

Yeah. If you watch a bunch of livestreams where they commit the crime and you can hear the police responding they sometimes put out a different yelp tone that sounds really nice, which I was expecting to be in the default siren. 

Or at least a yelp similar to what we heard in all the trailers. That sounded cool too. 
Seems like Rockstar did a little bit of shortcutting. 

Grand Theft Auto TOM
  • Grand Theft Auto TOM

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

The video 6 posts above me uses the three tones very briefly. You'll know it when you hear it, though. 

Now I have watched it back at the time you've mentioned...

I have to say I like it better than from GTA V. But maybe that's because it has longer tones what fits better on the siren of Los Angeles. Or am I wrong about that? xD

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

I have to say I like it better than from GTA V. But maybe that's because it has longer tones what fits better on the siren of Los Angeles. Or am I wrong about that? xD

This is what the siren in GTA V is modeled off of as far as I can tell. A Motorola Spectra. It is currently used by the LAFD and I believe the LAPD has used it in the past but has now transitioned to the Federal Signal SmartSiren. 

The wail sounds almost identical in the game, which is amazing. But as you can see, the yelp and hyperyelp/pier tone has just been copy-pasted from IV. 

It's just a minor flaw, from what I've seen this game looks incredible just as expected and all these livestreams aren't making the wait any easier. I especially love how authentic the dispatcher and scanner chatter sounds. 

Drunkpolice
  • Drunkpolice

Los Santos City Police Sergeant

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

This is what the siren in GTA V is modeled off of as far as I can tell. A Motorola Spectra. It is currently used by the LAFD and I believe the LAPD has used it in the past but has now transitioned to the Federal Signal SmartSiren. 

The wail sounds almost identical in the game, which is amazing. But as you can see, the yelp and hyperyelp/pier tone has just been copy-pasted from IV. 

It's just a minor flaw, from what I've seen this game looks incredible just as expected and all these livestreams aren't making the wait any easier. I especially love how authentic the dispatcher and scanner chatter sounds. 

+1 I couldn't agree more.

gDRka.gif

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

Has anyone seen the Unmarked Cruiser yet? I haven't seen any videos of it on YouTube yet. Is the Police Motorcycle still in-game and who uses it?

littleBIGman
  • littleBIGman

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Guys it's confirmed, you CAN leave the lights flashing when you exit the cop cars!

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Guys it's confirmed, you CAN leave the lights flashing when you exit the cop cars!

You've always been able to do that. 

We want to know if you can have the lights on without the siren while driving. 

• doutee8 likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

:sui:

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

Tried this a few minutes ago and I couldn't get that to work.

I tried a number of controls including holding down left stick while exiting the vehicle. Any other combinations I can try for you?

Jack

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I tried a number of controls including holding down left stick while exiting the vehicle. Any other combinations I can try for you?

Jack

A theory I had is that since the headlights have been moved to the D-Pad, try a couple different combinations of those? 

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by jdowning, 14 September 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Jack

A theory I had is that since the headlights have been moved to the D-Pad, try a couple different combinations of those? 

I'll try that once I finish dinner downstairs and get back to you. Just to let you guys know, went into LS Customs and they don't modify police cars. Sorry if that's known already! And went to the car wash to try repair my vehicle but that only gave it a 'gloss', no damage was fixed. I guess that's kinda' what happens in real life but not sure how to fix it except for getting a new one.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Jack

I'll try that once I finish dinner downstairs and get back to you. Just to let you guys know, went into LS Customs and they don't modify police cars. Sorry if that's known already! And went to the car wash to try repair my vehicle but that only gave it a 'gloss', no damage was fixed. I guess that's kinda' what happens in real life but not sure how to fix it except for getting a new one.

Yeah I know. :(  It was to be expected though. Could you try a fire engine and an ambulance in LS Customs? And whenever you get a garage, could you tell us if you could store emergency vehicles? 

Much appreciated. 

And you can repair your vehicles in LS Customs. 

izzystero
  • izzystero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

There are yellow lifeguard trucks on the beach as well. With fully working sirens. Parody of LA County Lifeguard Ford Hybrids. It even has a hybrid logo, haha

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

See, I couldn't even bring the car into LS Customs, wouldn't let me.

I'll check the FIre and Ambulance and Garage now.

Just tried all possible combinations, no siren can be kept on when you get out of the car.

Did see something cool though when driving up the highway, a sheriff's car with a pedestrian cop 'speed gunning' passerbys. Whenever someone did speed, they hit their sirens off and on and shouted 'a**hole'.

20g0heh.jpg

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

I just noticed that on the front doors of the fire engine it says "Los Santos Fire Department" then on the back doors it says "Los Santos County Fire Dept. Rescue Squad 36" and on the back of the engine the number is "32".

What the actual f**k....

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Just went Los Santos Customs with the Ambulance, says 'This vehicle cannot be modified'. 

If you turn on the sirens and quickly honk the horn afterwards, the horn can be heard alongside the sirens.

If you tap the sirens just quickly, a 'whirl' or something can be heard, not sure what the technical language is.

Left an ambulance in the safehouse for a few mins, went back and was still there. 

LS Fire Department Paramedic

xp80mc.jpg

• CCarvalho224 likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 14 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

Just went Los Santos Customs with the Ambulance, says 'This vehicle cannot be modified'. 

If you turn on the sirens and quickly honk the horn afterwards, the horn can be heard alongside the sirens.

If you tap the sirens just quickly, a 'whirl' or something can be heard, not sure what the technical language is.

Left an ambulance in the safehouse for a few mins, went back and was still there. 

xp80mc.jpg

Can you go to the FIB Building and see if there is an FIB vehicle in the parking lot? Have you seen the FIB at all yet?

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

That's some fairly decent news. I'll have to try that myself when I get the game. 

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'm assuming my headlight advice did nothing? 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

See, I couldn't even bring the car into LS Customs, wouldn't let me.

I'll check the FIre and Ambulance and Garage now.

Just tried all possible combinations, no siren can be kept on when you get out of the car.

Did see something cool though when driving up the highway, a sheriff's car with a pedestrian cop 'speed gunning' passerbys. Whenever someone did speed, they hit their sirens off and on and shouted 'a**hole'.

Maybe try holding/tapping X? 

jdowning
  • jdowning

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:55 PM Edited by jdowning, 14 September 2013 - 06:57 PM.

xp80mc.jpg

Can you go to the FIB Building and see if there is an FIB vehicle in the parking lot? Have you seen the FIB at all yet?

Do you've any idea where it is on the map?

If you can get me a location, I'll go no probs.

Also - does anyone know if I unlock the map eventually? It seems the map is completely invisible in some parts and when I drive on the road that's invisible it 'unlocks' it on my map? 

I'll check the other tips re the sirens and lights in a min.

also - haven't seen no FIB, but in the loading screen there's an FIB guy with a badge in a tan suit with a gun holster in his suit

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users