Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

8,309 replies to this topic
TheTerminatorNY
  • TheTerminatorNY

Saxon = Joke Account

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

I've been a long time loiterer on these forums and have followed this thread for a good long time. Just curious as, despite my best attempts, I've watched some of the gameplay and I have only seen the new style cruisers. I have yet to see any of the old style CVPI based LSPD cars. I'm just curious if I'm alone in that, as I hope I am, or if those are now the default for the LSPD.

http://instagram.com/p/eNk5R6L-X1/#

I would guess it is a 50/50 split in Los Santos, like how GTA IV had the CVPI and Impala pretty much split 50/50.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

I've been a long time loiterer on these forums and have followed this thread for a good long time. Just curious as, despite my best attempts, I've watched some of the gameplay and I have only seen the new style cruisers. I have yet to see any of the old style CVPI based LSPD cars. I'm just curious if I'm alone in that, as I hope I am, or if those are now the default for the LSPD.

You should scroll up a bit  ;)

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

There is only one model of the Crown Victoria but it has two variants, one with an LED Lightbar and one with rotators. The original one that was shown in the first trailer was extremely outdated and isn't used by LAPD anymore so I'm glad R* got rid of it completely.

mosmatt14
  • mosmatt14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

"Long time loiterer", but clearly not an attentive one. Ta! 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

http://instagram.com/p/eNk5R6L-X1/#

I would guess it is a 50/50 split in Los Santos, like how GTA IV had the CVPI and Impala pretty much split 50/50.

He's referring to the Crown Vic in the first trailer thats based off a Crown Vic from around 1997

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

There is only one model of the Crown Victoria but it has two variants, one with an LED Lightbar and one with rotators. The original one that was shown in the first trailer was extremely outdated and isn't used by LAPD anymore so I'm glad R* got rid of it completely.

You forgot the unmarked cruiser.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

You forgot the unmarked cruiser.

*Three Variants, my bad.

mosmatt14
  • mosmatt14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

Should clarify, meant the later version from recent trailers (Same with the buffalo). As a Brit I likely got my CVPIs confused. Anyhow, was just curious as I hadn't seen the older style cruiser with the more realistic LSPD livery that we'd seen in the TV slots on the R* site in any of the gameplay I'd seen.

As I saw above though, I must have been better at avoiding some gameplay than I thought. Anyhow, shan't derail this anymore with my own worries. Only a few more days!

LionheartJ
  • LionheartJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Is it just me or are their no police buffalos to be seen around?

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Should clarify, meant the later version from recent trailers (Same with the buffalo). As a Brit I likely got my CVPIs confused. Anyhow, was just curious as I hadn't seen the older style cruiser with the more realistic LSPD livery that we'd seen in the TV slots on the R* site in any of the gameplay I'd seen.

As I saw above though, I must have been better at avoiding some gameplay than I thought. Anyhow, shan't derail this anymore with my own worries. Only a few more days!

He's right. I haven't seen a Buffalo either. 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

I have seen multiple Buffalos. Their was even one in the first gameplay leak with Franklin jumping out of the white sports car.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

I have seen multiple Buffalos. Their was even one in the first gameplay leak with Franklin jumping out of the white sports car.

Would mind trying to get a screenshot the next time you encounter one, good sir?

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

I just witnessed this guy in a pursuit drive through the open space of a sheriff roadblock and what did I see? 

A spike strip. 

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

I just witnessed this guy in a pursuit drive through the open space of a sheriff roadblock and what did I see? 

A spike strip. 

the one on youtube? that was f*cking amazing. the way the police stop around and surround you instead of just all ramming you in GTA IV. Alot of roleplay this time.

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

A spike strip. 

wouldnt happen to be on  a russian website would it?  i saw it too

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

A spike strip. 

wouldnt happen to be on  a russian website would it?  i saw it too

That's the one. 

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Lifeguards have SUV's and Trucks. Not sure if they're emergency vehicles yet because nobody's cool enough to get inside one. 

Officer620
  • Officer620

FIB Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:35 AM Edited by Officer620, 14 September 2013 - 02:45 AM.

Police Esperantos and Ranchers (this is the first mission, so spoilers are present. Watch at your own risk!)

Cheers!

Normandin
  • Normandin

BCSO 425

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

Police Esperantos and Ranchers.

Cheers!

should note if you do not want to see the whole first mission dont watch this

matty746
  • matty746

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

I saw a pic of a lifeguard SUV. It looked like it had a lightbar on it. They have trucks also? What kind of truck?

Officer620
  • Officer620

FIB Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Very good point, apologies for not putting a spoiler alert on it.

Cheers!

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:47 AM

I saw a pic of a lifeguard SUV. It looked like it had a lightbar on it. They have trucks also? What kind of truck?

Not sure. All I saw was the bed and the surfboard on top (or whatever they use to rescue people) and I was like "Yup, that right there is a truck." 

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

Police Esperantos and Ranchers.

Cheers!

should note if you do not want to see the whole first mission dont watch this

Could you snap a screenshot of these or give the time when the new police vehicles are shown? I haven't watched any missions and am hoping I can keep it that way.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Not sure. All I saw was the bed and the surfboard on top (or whatever they use to rescue people) and I was like "Yup, that right there is a truck." 

Kinda looked like a Chevrolet Suburban. Either way it's awesome that we are getting Lifeguard vehicles. I wonder if there will be lifeguard/coastguard helicopters similar to the San Andreas one that oddly spawned in the middle of the beach.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

Kinda looked like a Chevrolet Suburban. Either way it's awesome that we are getting Lifeguard vehicles. I wonder if there will be lifeguard/coastguard helicopters similar to the San Andreas one that oddly spawned in the middle of the beach.

Yup there is a Suburban. But I'm saying I saw something similar to this: 

8993484964_136d03ae98.jpg

I wonder what it'll say on the side, too. Since all lifeguarding in LA County is handled by LA County Fire. 

eLdeLcabLe
  • eLdeLcabLe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

So there is just 1 fire truck until now? Hope to see a larger one, no an engine like always...

• CCarvalho224 likes this

Glenni91
  • Glenni91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

Is this the lifeguard you talk about? I snapped a pic of it from one of thoe videos, a little blurry, as it's passing ,but eh. =/

E7th3J4.jpg

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

Is this the lifeguard you talk about? I snapped a pic of it from one of thoe videos, a little blurry, as it's passing ,but eh. =/

E7th3J4.jpg

Yup, that a Suburban to. Awesome.

matty746
  • matty746

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

Ccarvalho224 I bet it's a utility truck reskinned to be a lifeguard truck. I saw a pic of the guide that was floating around and it had a large utility cherry picker type truck (white) and a small 2 door pickup with a utility body on it (also white). That opens up the possibility of fire department rescue squads also since LA county I believe still runs them (like squad 51 on emergency!)

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by CCarvalho224, 14 September 2013 - 03:37 AM.

Ccarvalho224 I bet it's a utility truck reskinned to be a lifeguard truck. I saw a pic of the guide that was floating around and it had a large utility cherry picker type truck (white) and a small 2 door pickup with a utility body on it (also white). That opens up the possibility of fire department rescue squads also since LA county I believe still runs them (like squad 51 on emergency!)

Could be. And that would be awesome to see. 

Unfortunately, I think your squad theory is unlikely because, you're correct; LA County does still run paramedic squads (I loved Emergency!), but LA City does not. LA County Fire only provides lifeguarding services to the city of Los Angeles, while LAFD handles everything else in their jurisdiction including EMS. And Santa Monica (Del Perro) has its own fire department (not in the game of course).  

I think all we'll have is the engine, and (I'm crossing my fingers, but anticipating the worst) hopefully a tiller truck. I mean, they brought back tractor trailers, this would be a perfect, new and unique addition to go along with the new car carriers, log trailers, tanker trucks, etc. It'd be kind of a let down if Rockstar didn't take advantage of such an opportunity. Or maybe there will be vehicle DLC? Who knows...

But we'll see when the game comes out because all these livestreamers are just doing whatever they feel like people want to see, which I'm enjoying so far. But first thing I'm doing when I get the game is calling 911 and see what shows up. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users