Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Good email keep em comin !!! bring up about the spotlight too we need that

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:33 PM Edited by SmC12, 03 November 2011 - 04:37 PM.

If I remember correctly the NOOSE cruisers in GTA IV had LED lightbars, as well as the Patriots and the Enforcer. So it's not like they haven't used them before. I'm really not bothered how the police cars look to be honest. I would like to control the sirens/lights and have that modern look, but I also don't care if they don't include it. I mean we're assuming it's present-day but really you see about 2 police cars so I'm sure there are different versions just like in GTA IV, only the lightbars were based on the classic NYPD version because it added to the whole atmosphere and environment that was based on new york, it's like a sort of trademark.

And also this really isn't the purpose mouthoff@rockstar is meant for. Giving suggestions for the next game - which is most likely only going to be polished up and tweaked, not adding new features - is pretty pointless at the moment. And if you think R* admin staff are going to go through youtube videos then you're definately wasting your time. They get like millions of emails a day, they use them to make improvements to their customer support, website and very rarely use it for the actual game.

It's not Dan Houser sitting reading those emails, it won't even be R* North. It will be some people at a desk who have no idea what GTA V will include or if there is any space in the development cycle for things like this to be added. I'm not trying to be a dick but it's really not worth it. You'll probably get the standard automated R* reply, if you even get one at all.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Keep in mind, the video we watched was more likely the beta version of the game.

Stinky12
  • Stinky12

No title

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Some other ideas, it's from NYPD, but can still be added to GTA V

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

Remember guys, that ain't the only police vehicle in the game. The one in the trailer was the Police Crusier, there is still the Police Patrol, which has to be seen, others. Who knows, maybe there are newer Police Crusiers. Don't worry, R* always surprises us, and the game is probably only 70% done. Enviorments are still being added, and details are still being adapted to vehicles. Trust me. wink.gif

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

Personally, I think the cars look fine (I'm from Ireland and never actually seen a Crown Vic in person, but i do think they're pretty cool looking cars). My ssue is with the p*ss poor lightbar animation/detail.

Conal123
  • Conal123

The Irish Brigade

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

I emailed em.

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:30 PM

Those undercover police-taxi's are the best invention since sliced-bread. colgate.gif
  • Big Danny K likes this

cvpi
  • cvpi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Need for speed hot pursuit, Driver San Francisco, Saints Row 2,

these games had great police cars and light bars,

I'll post some pics from them later on, If you haven't played those games, google it.

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

Honestly, all I want are cruisers that actually look like Crown Vics and not the the lame 1990s Mercury Grand Marquis they've been using. Is there some licensing issue that prevents them from using the Ford CV design or something? Other games like Driver San Fran, as was pointed out, seem to have no problem using the CV design.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

@ SmC12 what you said is partially true, but you are wrong about it being a waste of time. If enough emails about the same thing come through that email than those desk workers are going to tell whoever is over them that it is probably something that should be brought to R* North's attention, that person will then contact R* North which is what we are trying to accomplish here. Also, now several hours later I received an email reply from R*. It may have been partially automated, but it replied specifically about GTA V and they said "thanks for the email, keep up to date with GTA V on newswire." I assume that it wasn't fully automated because they replied specifically about GTA V and it was far from an immediate response.

Also I agree with what has been said here recently, NFS: HP, Driver, Saints Row, and PC modders don't seem to have that much trouble with making these vehicles properly. GTA V is a present day game that should make us feel like we are playing in a real life present day world. It makes the game far more enjoyable. They need to quit being slack with the flickering spots of light on the screen. Considering the game is titled Grand Theft Auto, police are one of the most important parts of the game, as important as having cars in the game at all. So they should put some more work into them. Even new procedures like proper arrests and not just trying to kill the players by running and gunning, or even a real traffic stop with tickets instead of an automatic arrest or shooting would be very nice as well. Maybe even some L.A. Noire type interactions where you could sweet talk your way out of trouble. Just a few ideas to start.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Darlyn @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 19:01)
Honestly, all I want are cruisers that actually look like Crown Vics and not the the lame 1990s Mercury Grand Marquis they've been using. Is there some licensing issue that prevents them from using the Ford CV design or something? Other games like Driver San Fran, as was pointed out, seem to have no problem using the CV design.

I think that the main licensing issue is when the developers put Ford or the Crown Vic's actual name into the game. It may also be an issue if the vehicle is an exact match, but I don't think that it's an issue for them to be similar. Cause seriously, the cars they have now are already pretty close to the old Crown Vics. Another point is that even if they need licensing most vehicle manufacturers would throw it at R* for free if it meant marketing of their vehicles in one of the world's biggest video game titles.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Darlyn @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 12:01)

R* just want to be different, and GTA takes place in a universe that is not in anyway related to ours. So in GTA, that model of the CV may be new, while our current model may not exist. Get it? Kind of? Slightly? No?

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Conal123 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 17:28)
I emailed em.

Thank you so much!! You guys don't understand that email you send to them really makes a difference. DO NOT LET THIS POST DIE.......

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 08:43)
they have new gay light bars and are a different color.

Can you just clarify how they are 'gay'?

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:15 PM Edited by LoneWolfATL, 03 November 2011 - 07:21 PM.

QUOTE (Original Light @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 19:11)
QUOTE (Darlyn @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 12:01)

R* just want to be different, and GTA takes place in a universe that is not in anyway related to ours. So in GTA, that model of the CV may be new, while our current model may not exist. Get it? Kind of? Slightly? No?

That looks a lot like LA to me, a lot like it. I was just there last week and couldn't believe how closely they made this game look like the state of Cali. And many of the other civ vehicles look like present day vehicles as shown in the vehicles thread on this website, so sorry, but I have to disagree with you and stick to R* just slacking on the police vehicles.

@ GTASpotter, they are gay because they are light bars that were designed and largely used in the 1980's. By the mid 90's most of these bars were out of service replaced by strobe technology, by the middle of the first 2000 decade (2006) most of the strobes started to be replaced by LED technology and now today it is rare to find anything but LED's because they are far superior to past technology. They are far brighter, more reliable, and pull so little power that a vehicle could be shut off for hours without the lights killing the battery. If used on a vintage vehicle they may be considered cool, but on a new vehicle it is what I would call a "gay" or very cheap and ineffective lighting setup.

Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

Would'nt one of these be AWESOME? 1976 Ford LTD California Highway Patrol biggrin.gif
user posted image

Columbo
  • Columbo

SA+IV+RDR=V

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Illousion @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 20:17)
Would'nt one of these be AWESOME? 1976 Ford LTD California Highway Patrol biggrin.gif

I'm amazed that the one person on these forums with exactly the same taste in cars as me is also Swedish. icon14.gif

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 12:12)
I emailed em.

Thank you so much!! You guys don't understand that email you send to them really makes a difference. DO NOT LET THIS POST DIE.......

I just did myself. Get some more people, put it in your sigs if you have to.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (GTAspotter @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 19:14)
QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 08:43)
they have new gay light bars and are a different color.

Can you just clarify how they are 'gay'?

No going off topic. Were keeping this police car related. kthankbye. - SlickSpencer8

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 19:21)
QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 12:12)
I emailed em.

I just did myself. Get some more people, put it in your sigs if you have to.

your a good man! Thank you so much! Come on people send them these emails untill there ignored with it. WE WANT BETTER POLICE CARS!! and beter lights and just more realistic smile.gif

warriorofsanandreas
  • warriorofsanandreas

gta v

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:30 PM

I SAW A POLICE CAR IN THE TRAILR!1!!1!!!1

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (warriorofsanandreas @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 12:30)
I SAW A POLICE CAR IN THE TRAILR!1!!1!!!1

You're late to the party... rolleyes.gif

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Are the email replies written by humans? Or automated?

On the last page i copy/pasted what I emailed them, and this is the response I just got:

"Hey Shane,

Thanks for the email and for passing along your extensive thoughts. We hope you’re looking forward to the game, and suggest you follow all future news on Grand Theft Auto V at the Rockstar Newswire:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Cheers,

Rockstar Games"

Is it identical to your response, LoneWolf?

Also, LoneWolf, no company would ever get involved with GTA. It's not to do with popularity; it's an image thing. They can't be seen to be having their company name associated with murder, prostitution, etc. unfortunately.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

@ chokeslamcena, No that is not the response that I got. My response just said thanks for the email. It didn't say thank you for your extensive thoughts. So that leads me to believe that people are reading and replying to our emails.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:48 PM Edited by SmC12, 03 November 2011 - 07:51 PM.

The emails are usually automated, with filters that pick up your name and the topic you were discussing - 'tis all very advanced! tounge.gif

Though I would think in very busy times like this they'd try to respond to as many fans personally as possible, but then again that's really what the Newswire and Facebook pages are for..

I mean they read them, obviously. That would be pretty stupid telling you to email them just for it to be never read. But they have so many to reply to that it's alot easier to use automated software. Many businesses do the same thing.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 19:48)
The emails are usually automated, with filters that pick up your name and the topic you were discussing - 'tis all very advanced! tounge.gif

Though I would think in very busy times like this they'd try to respond to as many fans personally as possible, but then again that's really what the Newswire and Facebook pages are for..

That's certainly the way that Microsoft works where it picks words out of your email and sends an automated reply and I thought how maybe R* was, but now that I see that people are getting individual responses I don't think so anymore. I also don't think so because it took hours before I got my reply. I believe that R* was literal in saying if you have something that you want to bring to our attention then send us an email.

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

I just did my part and joined the good fight by sending them an email. Now we wait...

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

I know that on the newswire portion of their site they have a video of an online multiplayer race from IV. They ask you to send your videos to the mouthoff, so there must be someone looking at them, and picking out the video/s that they'll post and such.

I dunno. I'm curious. Hopeuflly they'll take the time to consider us (though my complaint is different to ye guys. I like the cars, just not happy with the poor lightbar effects, when fan-made versions are far superior).

trigorin88
  • trigorin88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

heu guys, do you think there will be a video editor as in GTA IV?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users