Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

8,644 replies to this topic
joyrider00
  • joyrider00

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

I think when certain people actually get to play the game, they will stop whining about "wrong" kind of lights or "generic" livery

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (joyrider00 @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 08:46)
I think when certain people actually get to play the game, they will stop whining about "wrong" kind of lights or "generic" livery

We can only hope, but somehow I think it's in their nature to complain about anything an everything. Levels of satisfaction = 0%.

On a lighter note (pun not intended) - has anybody seen any white police officers since the release of trailer 1? There were some in the foot pursuit scene in trailer 1, but all other trailers/screens the police officers show similar black males.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

Huge GTA V Law Enforcement updates! Check it out, it's on the last page! Post comments and discuss there! It talks about how we haven't seen Blaine County Sheriff cars yet in the game, and why Los Santos County Sheriff has different cars as well as the LSPD new and old units.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Cannot wait to drive those cruisers am RP in them

Check out this topic about Police Helis >>> http://www.gtaforums...ic=543644&st=40

jackjenkins
  • jackjenkins

Sheriff

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 06:06)
Huge GTA V Law Enforcement updates! Check it out, it's on the last page! Post comments and discuss there! It talks about how we haven't seen Blaine County Sheriff cars yet in the game, and why Los Santos County Sheriff has different cars as well as the LSPD new and old units.

There is about as much proof thats there is two sheriffs departments as there is for realistic steak!

For all we know it could well be the same as in GTA:SA, one sheriffs department for all the countryside, all we've seen is two sheriff vehicles. The white sedan and the black and white 4x4.

I'm willing to bet the white version of the 4x4 seen a long, long time ago next to the vinewood sign was only a beta of the black and white 4x4 seen more recently.

GTALE
  • GTALE

Law Enforcement Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (jackjenkins @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 18:04)
Huge GTA V Law Enforcement updates!  Check it out, it's on the last page!  Post comments and discuss there!  It talks about how we haven't seen Blaine County Sheriff cars yet in the game, and why Los Santos County Sheriff has different cars as well as the LSPD new and old units.

There is about as much proof thats there is two sheriffs departments as there is for realistic steak!

For all we know it could well be the same as in GTA:SA, one sheriffs department for all the countryside, all we've seen is two sheriff vehicles. The white sedan and the black and white 4x4.

I'm willing to bet the white version of the 4x4 seen a long, long time ago next to the vinewood sign was only a beta of the black and white 4x4 seen more recently.

Better actually read that thread again because you obviously didn't. There is clear photos showing different law enforcement agencies from municipal to county sheriff. Los Santos County Sheriff wouldn't be in Blaine County. There is also evidence for the San Andreas Highway Patrol. (Comment there, not here).

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi everyone. I've been curious about this for a while now, ever since the latest previews & 3 trailers were relesed, but I never asked or made a topic. Now, I think it's time I asked here.

Is the general consensus that the original police cars, the Crown Vics, the ones they used in GTA IV, have been replaced by the faster looking ones, or are they still in the game, but the faster looking ones will only be brought out when the player is in a faster car or for street races & such?

jackjenkins
  • jackjenkins

Sheriff

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (GTALE @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 18:09)
QUOTE (jackjenkins @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 18:04)
Huge GTA V Law Enforcement updates!  Check it out, it's on the last page!  Post comments and discuss there!  It talks about how we haven't seen Blaine County Sheriff cars yet in the game, and why Los Santos County Sheriff has different cars as well as the LSPD new and old units.

Better actually read that thread again because you obviously didn't. There is clear photos showing different law enforcement agencies from municipal to county sheriff. Los Santos County Sheriff wouldn't be in Blaine County. There is also evidence for the San Andreas Highway Patrol. (Comment there, not here).

Real sorry bro I misread blush.gif

how we haven't seen Blaine County Sheriff

as

how we have seen Blaine County Sheriff

And I have read through that thread a few times and I speculate that you cannot get many people to comment because the name makes it sound so damn boring, how many people who play gta wanna know what department the cop thats arresting them is from and under what jurisdiction?

Clueless115
  • Clueless115

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Len Lfc @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 18:25)
Hi everyone. I've been curious about this for a while now, ever since the latest previews & 3 trailers were relesed, but I never asked or made a topic. Now, I think it's time I asked here.

Is the general consensus that the original police cars, the Crown Vics, the ones they used in GTA IV, have been replaced by the faster looking ones, or are they still in the game, but the faster looking ones will only be brought out when the player is in a faster car or for street races & such?

The way I understand it, the ones from IV have been replaced with the ones seen in the second trailer, but have again since been updated to have led light bars. There is another new model, seen properly for the first time in Franklin's trailer, which resembles a Ford police interceptor.
I could be wrong, but i'd imagine it will be similar to IV, where both will spawn as normal cruisers during free roam.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'm sure that the new ones are the main ones that replaced the trailer 1 police car. It wouldn't make sense to go for a "bold new direction" and such changes, just to have copy and paste cop cars from IV.

Len Lfc
  • Len Lfc

N7

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 23:42)
I'm sure that the new ones are the main ones that replaced the trailer 1 police car. It wouldn't make sense to go for a "bold new direction" and such changes, just to have copy and paste cop cars from IV.

That doesn't really make sense. It can still be a bold new direction, as Cars are based of real life Cars, so they don't HAVE to change them just because it's a bold new direction.

wellstacked
  • wellstacked

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by wellstacked, 17 June 2013 - 11:36 PM.

This may be the wrong place to ask but can someone tell me how clans work? I've never done gta multiplayer and I'm interested in doing some sort of police mp.

chief685533
  • chief685533

Cheif, Los Santos Police Dept.

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (wellstacked @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 23:31)
This may be the wrong place to ask but can someone tell me how clans work? I've never done gta multiplayer and I'm interested in doing some sort of police mp.

First off, i'm Deputy Commissioner of a Police Clan called Liberty City Police Department of Joint Operations(LCPD J.O.) soon to be Los Santos Police Department of Joint Operations, and we use a more Role playing approach. We use radio codes which, are based of several different sources, to communicate. We train recruits on basic Pursuit Procedures, How to handle a suspect, shooting, etc. We follow a ranking structure which ties to what vehicles and weapons your permitted to use while on Patrol.

Patrols will be either a Public or Private Match. On a Private match we will use for more training, Briefing, and for Videos. Public is when a group of Officers go into a random Public match and we take necessary action to Enforce Laws.

Our website is: Liberty City Police Department of Joint Operations

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (chief685533 @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 03:16)
QUOTE (wellstacked @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 23:31)

First off, i'm Deputy Commissioner of a Police Clan called Liberty City Police Department of Joint Operations(LCPD J.O.) soon to be Los Santos Police Department of Joint Operations, and we use a more Role playing approach. We use radio codes which, are based of several different sources, to communicate. We train recruits on basic Pursuit Procedures, How to handle a suspect, shooting, etc. We follow a ranking structure which ties to what vehicles and weapons your permitted to use while on Patrol.

Patrols will be either a Public or Private Match. On a Private match we will use for more training, Briefing, and for Videos. Public is when a group of Officers go into a random Public match and we take necessary action to Enforce Laws.

recruiting for GTA5

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Officer620 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 10:07)
People are still behaving like these cars in the screenshots are the final product and end result... Come on! They will exceed expectations when the game is released - I am sure of it. Things can always change - and they will.

QUOTE (Ragref @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 03:52)
QUOTE (lSSDJackson @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:50)
Seriously wtf rockstar switch the colors around on the other police cars so the reds on the driver side... you got it right with the SHO...did u suddenly have a brain fart or what lol u know we notice details like this so wtf went wrong here. I'm thankful for all the updates but this issue needs to be fixed and not half assed.

Are you seriously being a whiny bitch about switching the light bars to Rockstar? You could have asked nicer, you know.

I think I'll have to agree with Ragref on that one... There is a difference between pushing to improve the police vehicles and being plain picky about the reds being on the wrong side.

user posted image

Cheers!

Both of you can eat a dick...hows that for being nice... It's Rock* we are talking about... I have every right to be pissed they f*cked up the colors on the light bars, its just retarded. I'm not being a whiney bitch I'm calling them out for a stupid f*ck up that needs corrected, now agree and stfu.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Oh no! They have the lights in the wrong position. Lets all have a heart attack and demand they change it. suicidal.gif

Who the hell cares if the lights are in different positions?

Geez, you people are ungrateful.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

I actually wonder if the lights being on the "wrong" side was a delibertate act. R* are no stranger from altering small mundane details just to make their work feel different.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Wow 210 pages about cop cars. Are people really that fussy over them.

All I need is the shotgun after stealing one

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (lSSDJackson @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:14)
I'm not being a whiney bitch I'm calling them out for a stupid f*ck up that needs corrected, now agree and stfu.

user posted image

Cheers!

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (lSSDJackson @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 14:14)
QUOTE (Officer620 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 10:07)
People are still behaving like these cars in the screenshots are the final product and end result... Come on! They will exceed expectations when the game is released - I am sure of it. Things can always change - and they will.

QUOTE (Ragref @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 03:52)
QUOTE (lSSDJackson @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:50)
Seriously wtf rockstar switch the colors around on the other police cars so the reds on the driver side... you got it right with the SHO...did u suddenly have a brain fart or what lol u know we notice details like this so wtf went wrong here. I'm thankful for all the updates but this issue needs to be fixed and not half assed.

Are you seriously being a whiny bitch about switching the light bars to Rockstar? You could have asked nicer, you know.

I think I'll have to agree with Ragref on that one... There is a difference between pushing to improve the police vehicles and being plain picky about the reds being on the wrong side.

user posted image

Cheers!

Both of you can eat a dick...hows that for being nice... It's Rock* we are talking about... I have every right to be pissed they f*cked up the colors on the light bars, its just retarded. I'm not being a whiney bitch I'm calling them out for a stupid f*ck up that needs corrected, now agree and stfu.

So wait....

Let's say you modelled a CVPI/Caprice mashup to stay within the law and decided to add more changes to make it different, then you got somebody coming along being all OMG WTF U f*ckIN SUCK U ASSHOLE FIX UR CAR ZOMGWTFRAGE...

Would you be okay with it? I wouldn't as that is insulting my work and being whiny and frankly, stupid.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (iiConTr0v3rSYx @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 07:29)
Oh no! They have the lights in the wrong position. Lets all have a heart attack and demand they change it. suicidal.gif

Who the hell cares if the lights are in different positions?

Geez, you people are ungrateful.

What the hell do you think this topic is about? It is quite clear you don't know what you are talking about or what this topic is about so why don't you run along to another thread and derail it while others actually add input to the discussion of improvements to law enforcement vehicles in Grand Theft Auto V.

So many incompetent people on here these days. suicidal.gif

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

http://jalopnik.com/...dium=socialflow

Hahahahaha, I laughed way too much at this lol.gif

Cheers!

LennonNL
  • LennonNL

English Rose

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Officer620 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 07:21)

Cheers!

I don't get it?
What are you laughing at lol.gif

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

Well, no C-12 then?

Bah

N0Xaeris
  • N0Xaeris

"Can Yoga be used as a form of self-defense?"

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Cheers!

Didn't need to be a psychic to see this coming.

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

What kind of info do you think we'll see in cop car computers, like in IV and SA? IMO it'll be much ore detailed and give better info.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (burner12 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 13:23)
What kind of info do you think we'll see in cop car computers, like in IV and SA? IMO it'll be much ore detailed and give better info.

Probably the location of the closest donut shop and the probable whereabouts of innocent law abiding citizens.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hahahahaha, I laughed way too much at this  lol.gif

Cheers!

biggrin.gif I saw this coming from the very start... Ever since they announced that car I knew that it would never work. They were always making ignorant statements about how CVPI's and other vehicles in use by police were just modified civilian cars which is far from true. The Crown Vic was designed from the ground up as a fleet sedan and out performed the competition for decades. This car was a hideous eye sore that would have cost way too much for departments. There is a reason police fleet vehicles come without equipment. It's because there are so many different uses for the vehicles that they can be customized to the specific needs of the agency and then stripped and sold to the general public when taken out of service.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:48 PM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 20 June 2013 - 09:04 PM.

I'm thinking since the Taurus Interceptor has mirror lights the CVPI will have 'em like this

user posted image

Check out my topic about Police Helis >>> http://www.gtaforums...pic=543644&st=0

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 13:48)
I'm thinking since the Taurus Interceptor has mirror lights the CVPI will have 'em like this

user posted image

Check out my topic about Police Helis >>> http://www.gtaforums...pic=543644&st=0

user posted image
I am not entirely sure on the mirror lights but you can see LED lights mounted on the grille. And I think in one of the newest screenshots, you can see an LED light on one of the mirrors of the Vapid CVPIs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users