GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

8,767 replies to this topic
UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (LSSDLSPD @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 23:36)
QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 21:29)
Guys I think the POLICE decal is only for the Taurus type Cruiser

This car's confirmed.(correct me if i'm wrong)
user posted image

That screen has been up forever on Rockstar's website, it was one of the initial improved cars.

LSSDLSPD
  • LSSDLSPD

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:43)

user posted image

That screen has been up forever on Rockstar's website, it was one of the initial improved cars.

Well they could use the decals even if not the car.

upyoustolemylungs
  • upyoustolemylungs

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 15:58)
Is it just me, or did they redesign the Vapid again?

The front now looks like a 98'-11' CVPI, rather than the Caprice headlights from the previous screenshots...

http://farm4.staticf...1a449e579_b.jpg

It almost looks like a Lincoln Town Car's headlights, since they look a bit more rounded than the CVPI.

I think if it is changed it looks so much better. I hope it's not the angle playing tricks. I think it being rounded makes it look waaay more modern and realistic.

lance22
  • lance22

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Officer620 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 06:41)
QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 09:04)
And once they did that, you would find several other things that need changing too. There's no pleasing some people.

Cheers!

It's this mindset that is hurting innovation.

Ever heard of the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

To quote yourself:

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 15:12)

Give R* a break

It seems to me that people think these screenshots are displaying the be all and end all of police vehicles in GTA V. There is still a few months to go until the game is even released! Things can and will be changed between now and then. I remember this screenshot from before GTA IV's release:

user posted image

That was meant to be the SWAT van. A simple Boxville with a lightbar. Was it in the final game? No. I'm just saying it doesn't pay to worry too much about what the police vehicles look like in the screenshots - Rockstar will touch them before the game's release.

Just my own opinion.

Cheers!

you can clearly see the swat truck behind the box truck, its so obvious and the lights arent even even looking on the box truck idiot

BattleExel
  • BattleExel

New account: Valwin

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (lance22 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:03)
And once they did that, you would find several other things that need changing too. There's no pleasing some people.

Cheers!

To quote yourself:

Give R* a break

It seems to me that people think these screenshots are displaying the be all and end all of police vehicles in GTA V. There is still a few months to go until the game is even released! Things can and will be changed between now and then. I remember this screenshot from before GTA IV's release:

user posted image

That was meant to be the SWAT van. A simple Boxville with a lightbar. Was it in the final game? No. I'm just saying it doesn't pay to worry too much about what the police vehicles look like in the screenshots - Rockstar will touch them before the game's release.

Just my own opinion.

Cheers!

you can clearly see the swat truck behind the box truck, its so obvious and the lights arent even even looking on the box truck idiot

Was wrong at something, get's immediately called for an idiot.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (renourish @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:11)

Cheers!

To quote yourself:

Give R* a break

user posted image

Just my own opinion.

Cheers!

I don't see a SWAT truck behind the box truck.... Would someone be so kind to point me to it? Because either I'm blind or there's no SWAT truck lol

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Anyone know the areas where the LAPD and LASD uses the Dirtbikes they use for off-road patrol? This would be fun in-game biggrin.gif

chief685533
  • chief685533

Cheif, Los Santos Police Dept.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:17)
QUOTE (renourish @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 15:11)

Cheers!

To quote yourself:

Give R* a break

user posted image

Just my own opinion.

Cheers!

I don't see a SWAT truck behind the box truck.... Would someone be so kind to point me to it? Because either I'm blind or there's no SWAT truck lol

I dont think theres a truck behind it, because the NOoSE Enforcer doesnt have the big roating lights it has the thin LED like bar. And i think the NOoSE truck is shorter than the Boxville.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by LAPD 85, 14 June 2013 - 01:51 AM.

QUOTE (Officer620 @ Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 23:41)

Cheers!

To quote yourself:

Give R* a break

user posted image

Just my own opinion.

Cheers!

OK, pal. Let's do this. It's quite obvious you don't live in the United States. Oh, wait, that's right! You live in Australia. The country that has the most generic and pathetic looking police cars known to mankind. It's no wonder you don't see anything wrong with POLICE just thrown on the side of the Vapid Interceptor because it's the only thing that is on your police cars where you live. Aside from some eye-hurting checkered theme thrown in just for fun. That's OK though, I won't blame you for not seeing part of the problem here.

One thing that Rockstar have stated numerous times is that they are trying to capture the feel and look of the area their games take place, going more for realism. They successfully captured the NYPD theme in IV with similar uniforms and cars. In V, they are failing to capture that realistic feel and look by having this terrible POLICE texture on the Vapid Interceptor. R* has successfully captured the LAPD theme though by having a LAPD theme for the Vapid CVPI Cruiser and the LSPD Buffalo, as seen in the trailers and screenshots. But they can certainly apply that to the Interceptor. So yes, it's 'broken'.

To quote yourself:

Give R* a break

This is a terrible argument and doesn't apply here. I am surprised you are bringing this up to back up your opinion. Shame on you.

user posted image

This is a terrible example to bring up to state your opinion. This was one of the first screenshots released for IV. In fact, this screenshot was released in July 2007. How long was that before release? Well, let's see. July 2007 to April 29, 2008. Nine months. R* had nine months to fix this 'issue'. 'Issue' you might say? What are you talking about? Well, if you actually take a close look at that screenshot and the original screenshot, you will see there is actually another vehicle behind it making it look like the Boxville look like a NOOSE Boxville. It is assumed that the vehicle behind it is a NOOSE Enforcer or LCPD Stockade. Looking even closer you will see that the lights are offset and don't even match the Boxville top at all. There isn't even a lightbar on the Boxville as you have stated.

Now back to your terrible example and how you are applying that to how R* is going to magically 'fix' everything. Let's look at something else. We were first revealed the Vapid Interceptor and the broken POLICE texture around a month ago. We were then revealed these new screenshots, which assuming is the latest updated build to the day that the screenshot was released as June 10, 2013, we can see that the texture has been altered and a new sticker is on the rear bumper of the Interceptor. Why didn't they change the texture to the Los Santos city seal with POLICE below it, like we see on the Vapid CVPI Cruiser and the LSPD Buffalo (seen in the trailers and screenshots)? If R* is so adamant on keeping the generic POLICE on the side, why don't they put Los Santos or San Andreas in the mix to identify what agency it belongs to?

Off that tangent, let's go back to dates and the release of V. Between the time that the screenshot was revealed with the updated texture to the date of release of V is three months and seven days. Let's make that into business days so we can count the time they can work on this issue and that's going to be 71 days. Since development needs to be complete soon for production let's cut that down by a quarter so that is going to be 58 days. I don't like that number so let's just say that there are 60 days left of development until the production cut off for V. R* is getting close to be in crunch time and the majority of those 60 days of development are going to be focused on ironing out bugs and tweaking. Since they have already touched the textures for the Interceptor once it is highly unlikely they are going to touch it again and turn it into the LAPD-LSPD style that we see in the CVPI and Buffalo. I hope I am wrong though. If they do leave it like it is, I really won't care. I will just make my own texture for it when the PC version comes out. In the meantime, I will enjoy the CE version of V on my PS3.

Just my own opinion.

Duly noted but your opinion has many holes in it like Swiss cheese.

Cheers!

Cheers right back at you, mate! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 11:47)

Cheers!

To quote yourself:

Give R* a break

user posted image

Just my own opinion.

Cheers!

OK, pal. Let's do this. It's quite obvious you don't live in the United States. Oh, wait, that's right! You live in Australia. The country that has the most generic and pathetic looking police cars known to mankind. It's no wonder you don't see anything wrong with POLICE just thrown on the side of the Vapid Interceptor because it's the only thing that is on your police cars where you live. Aside from some eye-hurting checkered theme thrown in just for fun. That's OK though, I won't blame you for not seeing part of the problem here.

One thing that Rockstar have stated numerous times is that they are trying to capture the feel and look of the area their games take place, going more for realism. They successfully captured the NYPD theme in IV with similar uniforms and cars. In V, they are failing to capture that realistic feel and look by having this terrible POLICE texture on the Vapid Interceptor. R* has successfully captured the LAPD theme though by having a LAPD theme for the Vapid CVPI Cruiser and the LSPD Buffalo, as seen in the trailers and screenshots. But they can certainly apply that to the Interceptor. So yes, it's 'broken'.

To quote yourself:

Give R* a break

This is a terrible argument and doesn't apply here. I am surprised you are bringing this up to back up your opinion. Shame on you.

user posted image

This is a terrible example to bring up to state your opinion. This was one of the first screenshots released for IV. In fact, this screenshot was released in July 2007. How long was that before release? Well, let's see. July 2007 to April 29, 2008. Nine months. R* had nine months to fix this 'issue'. 'Issue' you might say? What are you talking about? Well, if you actually take a close look at that screenshot and the original screenshot, you will see there is actually another vehicle behind it making it look like the Boxville look like a NOOSE Boxville. It is assumed that the vehicle behind it is a NOOSE Enforcer or LCPD Stockade. Looking even closer you will see that the lights are offset and don't even match the Boxville top at all. There isn't even a lightbar on the Boxville as you have stated.

Now back to your terrible example and how you are applying that to how R* is going to magically 'fix' everything. Let's look at something else. We were first revealed the Vapid Interceptor and the broken POLICE texture around a month ago. We were then revealed these new screenshots, which assuming is the latest updated build to the day that the screenshot was released as June 10, 2013, we can see that the texture has been altered and a new sticker is on the rear bumper of the Interceptor. Why didn't they change the texture to the Los Santos city seal with POLICE below it, like we see on the Vapid CVPI Cruiser and the LSPD Buffalo (seen in the trailers and screenshots)? If R* is so adamant on keeping the generic POLICE on the side, why don't they put Los Santos or San Andreas in the mix to identify what agency it belongs to?

Off that tangent, let's go back to dates and the release of V. Between the time that the screenshot was revealed with the updated texture to the date of release of V is three months and seven days. Let's make that into business days so we can count the time they can work on this issue and that's going to be 71 days. Since development needs to be complete soon for production let's cut that down by a quarter so that is going to be 58 days. I don't like that number so let's just say that there are 60 days left of development until the production cut off for V. R* is getting close to be in crunch time and the majority of those 60 days of development are going to be focused on ironing out bugs and tweaking. Since they have already touched the textures for the Interceptor once it is highly unlikely they are going to touch it again and turn it into the LAPD-LSPD style that we see in the CVPI and Buffalo. I hope I am wrong though. If they do leave it like it is, I really won't care. I will just make my own texture for it when the PC version comes out. In the meantime, I will enjoy the CE version of V on my PS3.

Just my own opinion.

Duly noted but your opinion has many holes in it like Swiss cheese.

Cheers!

Cheers right back at you, mate! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

user posted image

Cheers!

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

But R* can only capture so much of the theme before they leave themselves open to trouble however. A black and white cruiser? Generic enough.

A black and white cruiser with POLICE on it? Again, generic enough to avoid trouble. The problem comes with people assuming they can just do 1:1 replicas of real liveries. Modders can on PC, since there's a general rule they can get away with it (unless they're stupid enough to either charge money....or pick on somebody who will care and stop them). Commercial game devs, be it indie or backed with millions of dollars of publisher's money or commercial mod groups can't. That's why game devs alter unlicensed content. That is why DVD releases or TV programs or Internet shows blur things out that they can't show for whatever reason. (Think Mythbusters, they often blur out things like license plates, or names on trucks or chemical labels) Yes, it's a cheap and nasty way of hiding stuff, but it works and isn't going away any time soon really. See, once money enters the equation, everything changes. If R* were a mod team working in secrecy on a free game, they could get away with putting in 1:1 CVPI replicas, but as they are a commercial dev, nope, no dice with car makers, no dice with gun makers at all. They have to come up with their own stuff....nd they do. R* do a brilliant job of making fictional stuff to replace the stuff that they can't get.

TL:DR There's a certain line that you can go up to when you are designing things for a game. You can do a blue and white NYPD-inspired cop livery. But you cannot copy the 1:1 real NYPD livery. You can do a LAPD inspired livery. You can't copy the livery exactly. There has to be a certain number of changes, the font or coloring or whatever R* decide to do

So how's that relate to GTA? Well, R* copied the NY style with the LCPD, however, they copied it up to a point and no further. As they should. Now R* has to get GTA ready to ship on Sept 17th, no later and every minute they spend tweaking the police stuff is a minute that they can spend on other things. Add that to the fact each change has to be bug tested and added in to a build, that build has to be tested and the bugs in that build logged and fixed, you see where I'm going with this?

You see that I'm making the point that R* don't have time to cater to everybody's wishes. Let's say they spend the next 100 or however many days before Sept 1st, let's say that's when the game goes gold, fixing up the game, they put together an amazing game, an amazing story and brilliant mechanics, but they leave in ugly cruisers with generic text because they chose to make GTA the best game they could?

Then would people STILL have the nerve to complain about what R* has done with GTA?

I'm sorry, but there's people who are coming off as totally ungrateful about R* daring to make GTA not about cops, but about criminals. That has been GTA from day one.

Lastly. Let's assume V is a 'bold new direction' to quote R* and ends up being console only. That means no mods. No repainting of vehicles, no fixing things. That is entirely plausible at the moment isn't it since there's been zero word on a PC version (or any other formats beside next gen). Will people still whine and bitch about it>

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Celticfang @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 08:23)
But R* can only capture so much of the theme before they leave themselves open to trouble however. A black and white cruiser? Generic enough.

A black and white cruiser with POLICE on it? Again, generic enough to avoid trouble. The problem comes with people assuming they can just do 1:1 replicas of real liveries. Modders can on PC, since there's a general rule they can get away with it (unless they're stupid enough to either charge money....or pick on somebody who will care and stop them). Commercial game devs, be it indie or backed with millions of dollars of publisher's money or commercial mod groups can't. That's why game devs alter unlicensed content. That is why DVD releases or TV programs or Internet shows blur things out that they can't show for whatever reason. (Think Mythbusters, they often blur out things like license plates, or names on trucks or chemical labels) Yes, it's a cheap and nasty way of hiding stuff, but it works and isn't going away any time soon really. See, once money enters the equation, everything changes. If R* were a mod team working in secrecy on a free game, they could get away with putting in 1:1 CVPI replicas, but as they are a commercial dev, nope, no dice with car makers, no dice with gun makers at all. They have to come up with their own stuff....nd they do. R* do a brilliant job of making fictional stuff to replace the stuff that they can't get.

TL:DR There's a certain line that you can go up to when you are designing things for a game. You can do a blue and white NYPD-inspired cop livery. But you cannot copy the 1:1 real NYPD livery. You can do a LAPD inspired livery. You can't copy the livery exactly. There has to be a certain number of changes, the font or coloring or whatever R* decide to do

So how's that relate to GTA? Well, R* copied the NY style with the LCPD, however, they copied it up to a point and no further. As they should. Now R* has to get GTA ready to ship on Sept 17th, no later and every minute they spend tweaking the police stuff is a minute that they can spend on other things. Add that to the fact each change has to be bug tested and added in to a build, that build has to be tested and the bugs in that build logged and fixed, you see where I'm going with this?

You see that I'm making the point that R* don't have time to cater to everybody's wishes. Let's say they spend the next 100 or however many days before Sept 1st, let's say that's when the game goes gold, fixing up the game, they put together an amazing game, an amazing story and brilliant mechanics, but they leave in ugly cruisers with generic text because they chose to make GTA the best game they could?

Then would people STILL have the nerve to complain about what R* has done with GTA?

I'm sorry, but there's people who are coming off as totally ungrateful about R* daring to make GTA not about cops, but about criminals. That has been GTA from day one.

Lastly. Let's assume V is a 'bold new direction' to quote R* and ends up being console only. That means no mods. No repainting of vehicles, no fixing things. That is entirely plausible at the moment isn't it since there's been zero word on a PC version (or any other formats beside next gen). Will people still whine and bitch about it>

I mean... all they have to do is copy and paste the small texture onto the interceptors... We're talking about like, 10 minutes, not days worth of work. If its suck a time waster, then they can stay 10 minutes later one night. I just feel like its not as big a deal as you and others are making it. Its a simple task. Wouldn't you say it is odd to have police in the same exact district with different decal? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not ungrateful or unhappy in any way, and I appreciate every single thing R* has done to make this game amazing, I'm just saying that it would make more sense for them to have the two cars match in decal. I don't understand why they didn't make them that way in the first place...

King16
  • King16

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 14:50)

I mean... all they have to do is copy and paste the small texture onto the interceptors... We're talking about like, 10 minutes, not days worth of work. If its suck a time waster, then they can stay 10 minutes later one night. I just feel like its not as big a deal as you and others are making it. Its a simple task. Wouldn't you say it is odd to have police in the same exact district with different decal? Now don't get me wrong, I'm not ungrateful or unhappy in any way, and I appreciate every single thing R* has done to make this game amazing, I'm just saying that it would make more sense for them to have the two cars match in decal. I don't understand why they didn't make them that way in the first place...

So maybe its not a high priority right now? Maybe they are focusing on fine tuning multiplayer and have a list of small tweaks to do when the important stuff is polished off. And with the LCPD example, they all had the same livery except Noose, V will be no different.

KingGTAV
  • KingGTAV

New-Gen Grand Theft Auto: V Pre-order Confirmed! :D

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Do you think that all of the emergency apparatus will showcase headlight flashers, as they do taillight wig-wags. There is a glimpse of this indicated in the Franklin trailer. However, when Franklin and his posse are fleeing in the Declasse SUV, the headlights of the pursuing units are stationary. There would be a slight void if only the taillights flashed. smile.gif It would be awesome to witness those illuminations at night. The front / rear strobes and push bar strobes on the Taurus interceptor also add a beautiful touch. biggrin.gif

nathan456
  • nathan456

Cant Be Touched

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by nathan456, 14 June 2013 - 09:08 PM.

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:43)

user posted image

I hope to god that they have the original vapid cruiser like that one, or with led then the car with police on the side as a unit specialized in car chases?

And a gang unit! That would be amazing, seeing gang members get ruffed up, awesome.

Anyway there is a thread that has all the different agencies that have been accumulated, cant remember what its called.

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

For all those complaining: Deal with it. This is a game, not a police simulator; the cars that are in there now are a close enough match to the real thing for them to be acceptable to the wider audience. Work on putting in models and textures will have finished by now, bug fixing is all that will be left.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 20:58)
For all those complaining: Deal with it. This is a game, not a police simulator; the cars that are in there now are a close enough match to the real thing for them to be acceptable to the wider audience. Work on putting in models and textures will have finished by now, bug fixing is all that will be left.

You really felt the need to come in here and say that?

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 22:04)
QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 20:58)

You really felt the need to come in here and say that?

i was just gonna say that,

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

I did, considering the focus of this topic now seems to be how people don't like the word police on the side of a car.. in a game.

USAPatriot
  • USAPatriot

Media News Writer

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (nathan456 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 20:57)
[QUOTE=UP9390,Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 04:43] [QUOTE=LSSDLSPD,Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 23:36] [QUOTE=gtavpoliceimprovements,Tuesday, Jun 11 2013, 21:29] Guys I think the POLICE decal is only for the Taurus type Cruiser [/QUOTE]

Anyway there is a thread that has all the different agencies that have been accumulated, cant remember what its called.

Yes, this is the thread you are looking for. It would be great to have some conversation in it sometimes. It also has full vehicle renderings and a lot of other stuff to sink your teeth into. smile.gif

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 14:50)

But that's not just 'a simple task', a ctrl+C and ctrl+V task at all when you're working with complex code however.

It doesn't just get pasted on and slapped into the next build. It gets pasted, bug checked, sent to management...then if management approve, it is tested. Even something as simple as changing a texture may break other things or reveal new bugs. Or it may get rejected by the suits, remember they hold the key (suits being both senior devs and publishers)

For instance, let's say they change a texture on a car, but they send that to the management in NYC and they like it, howeer when they start testing it the texture gets corrupted when damaged, that's work or the texture artists.

As for the staying 10 minutes later thing...

http://www.operation...ndustry-part-i/

http://www.operation...dustry-part-ii/

http://www.operation...ustry-part-iii/

Those three blogs are (as OS says) verified proof that the writer worked for a big publisher (there's no definite proof but it is rumoured to be Take2/2K hinted at), that is an insight into games development, not just in a sports genre, but across the board.

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Seriously wtf rockstar switch the colors around on the other police cars so the reds on the driver side... you got it right with the SHO...did u suddenly have a brain fart or what lol u know we notice details like this so wtf went wrong here. I'm thankful for all the updates but this issue needs to be fixed and not half assed.

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (lSSDJackson @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:50)
Seriously wtf rockstar switch the colors around on the other police cars so the reds on the driver side... you got it right with the SHO...did u suddenly have a brain fart or what lol u know we notice details like this so wtf went wrong here. I'm thankful for all the updates but this issue needs to be fixed and not half assed.

Are you seriously being a whiny bitch about switching the light bars to Rockstar? You could have asked nicer, you know.

UNIT-344
  • UNIT-344

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Rockstar needs to thicken up the sideview of the lightsbars! They are way to thin from the side view! Plus all the LAPD cars should resemble the symbol they have. The prototype police logo is just to show off the new cars. They are never gonna use that on actual cars

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (UNIT-344 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 19:55)
Rockstar needs to thicken up the sideview of the lightsbars! They are way to thin from the side view! Plus all the LAPD cars should resemble the symbol they have. The prototype police logo is just to show off the new cars. They are never gonna use that on actual cars

Agreed! icon14.gif

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Officer620 @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 22:59)

user posted image

Cheers!

Just a coincidence. lol

user posted image

Just my own opinion.

Cheers!

Anyways officer620 has a point. the Taurus like interceptor may just have a quick skin so that it stands out. I am sure it will be reskinned.

Spaceman Spiff
  • Spaceman Spiff

Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Just a thought, but have we seen the new taurus based interceptor in the city of los santos for sure? I just looked through the screenshots and the only cruisers I saw that were definitely in los santos were the buffalos and the crown vic based ones. I'm not saying theres another city, but maybe another major suburb like Pasadena. The taurus cruisers could be sporting the generic police to hide where they're from. Just a thought.

Tobias_Rieper
  • Tobias_Rieper

Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (wellstacked @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 22:30)
Just a thought, but have we seen the new taurus based interceptor in the city of los santos for sure? I just looked through the screenshots and the only cruisers I saw that were definitely in los santos were the buffalos and the crown vic based ones. I'm not saying theres another city, but maybe another major suburb like Pasadena. The taurus cruisers could be sporting the generic police to hide where they're from. Just a thought.

Very good point. I can't see Rockstar leaving it that generic in the final game.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (wellstacked @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:30)

Yes.
user posted image
This is in Vinewood too. I think they will eventually add LSPD decals though.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

People are still behaving like these cars in the screenshots are the final product and end result... Come on! They will exceed expectations when the game is released - I am sure of it. Things can always change - and they will.

QUOTE (Ragref @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 03:52)
QUOTE (lSSDJackson @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:50)

Are you seriously being a whiny bitch about switching the light bars to Rockstar? You could have asked nicer, you know.

I think I'll have to agree with Ragref on that one... There is a difference between pushing to improve the police vehicles and being plain picky about the reds being on the wrong side.

user posted image

Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users