Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

11,148 replies to this topic
_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (FATMANYOU2 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 00:34)
QUOTE (Ragref @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 23:44)
Asking for new police vehicles and lightbars are OK, but damn police clothes? Go play LCPDFR if you want to do that stuff and play cop. It's sad how most of GTA IV's PC sales were modded to be LCPDFR ever since the first mission. People don't even want to enjoy the storyline, they just want to play "COP SIMULATOR 2008" forever. I played LCPDFR, it was fun but I completed the game first before playing it.

Why not have police clothing? I believe playing as a cop would be a great side mission to earn money. We had it but it was not the greatest, other cops would shoot at you and it did not seem realistic. I say go for the uniform! icon14.gif

Suddenly being a official cop just because you put on an uniform sounds much more unrealistic, no GTA protagonist is going to join the force, the Vigilante missions are exactly what their name implies, the only unrealistic part about them were the money bounties out of nowhere after you eliminated a target, it was totally justified to get a wanted level for taking the law in your own hands. A police uniform for disguising and etc. sounds fine to me though.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 01:15)
Asking for new police vehicles and lightbars are OK, but damn police clothes? Go play LCPDFR if you want to do that stuff and play cop. It's sad how most of GTA IV's PC sales were modded to be LCPDFR ever since the first mission. People don't even want to enjoy the storyline, they just want to play "COP SIMULATOR 2008" forever. I played LCPDFR, it was fun but I completed the game first before playing it.

Why not have police clothing? I believe playing as a cop would be a great side mission to earn money. We had it but it was not the greatest, other cops would shoot at you and it did not seem realistic. I say go for the uniform! icon14.gif

Suddenly being a official cop just because you put on an uniform sounds much more unrealistic, no GTA protagonist is going to join the force, the Vigilante missions are exactly what their name implies, the only unrealistic part about them were the money bounties out of nowhere after you eliminated a target, it was totally justified to get a wanted level for taking the law in your own hands. A police uniform for disguising and etc. sounds fine to me though.

*FACEPALM* What about Tenpenny? Having a GTA storyline where you play as a corrupt cop doing contract work for crime bosses and other individuals (if the pay is good of course). Hell, you wouldn't even have to be a Patrolman, be a Detective or an Undercover agent gone corrupt, turning the blind eye, doing dark deeds for others.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

Speaking of the Vigilante missions I'd love to see the Ambulance & Fire side missions from the PS2 era games make a return.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 03:22)

*FACEPALM* What about Tenpenny? Having a GTA storyline where you play as a corrupt cop doing contract work for crime bosses and other individuals (if the pay is good of course). Hell, you wouldn't even have to be a Patrolman, be a Detective or an Undercover agent gone corrupt, turning the blind eye, doing dark deeds for others.

Tenpenny wasn't a protagonist, and I honestly doubt we will ever play as a corrupt cop just for the sake of being a cop, being a standard criminal sounds much more unrestricted, the only way I see it happening is if the police part of the story is very short lived, like with Vic Vance and the Army (although Vic wasn't really a corrupt soldier).

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 01:32)

Tenpenny wasn't a protagonist, and I honestly doubt we will ever play as a corrupt cop just for the sake of being a cop, being a standard criminal sounds much more unrestricted, the only way I see it happening is if the police part of the story is very short lived, like with Vic Vance and the Army (although Vic wasn't really a corrupt soldier).

I didn't say anything about Tenpenny being a Protagainist, he's an antagonist.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 03:33)

Yes, but we were talking about protagonists and you mentioned Tenpenny like he had anything to do with it.

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 01:34)
QUOTE (UP9390 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 03:33)

Yes, but we were talking about protagonists and you mentioned Tenpenny like he had anything to do with it.

I was refering to Tenpenny's criminal acts of behavior and how he was still yet a cop.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

Ok here is a mindf*ck to think about as far as playing as a cop. What if you play the storymode & there are some cop type missions like in San Andreas, however at the end of the story it's revealed that you weren't really a criminal afterall but a deep-cover Vice/Gang Unit Cop?

Maybe that wouldn't work for a main game, but it could for an expansion pack.

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 07:05)
Ok here is a mindf*ck to think about as far as playing as a cop. What if you play the storymode & there are some cop type missions like in San Andreas, however at the end of the story it's revealed that you weren't really a criminal afterall but a deep-cover Vice/Gang Unit Cop?

icon14.gif

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 07:05)

IMO that's better for a new IP though, R* said they won't do any EFLC type addons and are working on smaller ones and your idea doesn't strike me as (that) small, sure if they could launch it as a new test IP a la RDR it could definitely work, though R* have enough on their plate to be working with.

Having said that, it doesn't really strike me as an amazing concept, okay you're an undercover cop doing illegal things, that's been done in a lot of games before (and done poorly as well), but it does sound more interesting than a dedicated police simulator, as the ones out now are dull and horrifically boring. Assuming a publisher did take up the IP I'd rather they take a few liberties to keep the game idea fun, raher than bogged down in dull and repetitive gameplay, which is something the simulators excel at.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

To he honest, I'm 100% satisfied with everything. The only thing I would love to have at this point are the police uniforms JUST BECAUSE they look cool and you feel badass when you're cruising in a cop car actually looking like a cop and not a regular guy. Idk I've always wanted a police uniform in GTA games; it would just be cool.

icandothisallday
  • icandothisallday

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

have all the guys hating on cop uniforms in single player not seen the town? the last heist is badass. they are all dressed like cops and paramedics. would make for amazing gameplay.

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 02:42)
To he honest, I'm 100% satisfied with everything. The only thing I would love to have at this point are the police uniforms JUST BECAUSE they look cool and you feel badass when you're cruising in a cop car actually looking like a cop and not a regular guy. Idk I've always wanted a police uniform in GTA games; it would just be cool.

franklin and mike actually look like they could be police smh.. not trevor though.. hell no

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Getzmunney @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 22:27)

franklin and mike actually look like they could be police smh.. not trevor though.. hell no

Yeah definatly could be convinced that Franklin or Michael were cops if they had uniforms on. Perhaps we could have them impersonate cops for a heist? Trevor robs a place, Franklin and Michael fake arresting him, confiscate the loot, then drive off with the loot after notifying the Police dispatcher via radio that the incident is Code 4 so no other cops come.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 06:33)

Yeah definatly could be convinced that Franklin or Michael were cops if they had uniforms on. Perhaps we could have them impersonate cops for a heist? Trevor robs a place, Franklin and Michael fake arresting him, confiscate the loot, then drive off with the loot after notifying the Police dispatcher via radio that the incident is Code 4 so no other cops come.

Beautiful. Then after the mission is complete, you have a new outfit in your wardrobe! biggrin.gif

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

VC did that in the mission where you had to go to the mall, which was the sole time it showed up in that game (the uniform stealing idea, not the mall)

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

Awaiting the affirmation of Grand Theft Auto: VI.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Praise Rockstar North, for incorporating the impeccable element of LED flickers. No longer will we witness a haze of red and blue hovering atop the light bars. ♥ smile.gif

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 06:33)

That would be fun as f*ck

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (KingGTAV @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:02)
Praise Rockstar North, for incorporating the impeccable element of LED flickers. No longer will we witness a haze of red and blue hovering atop the light bars. ♥ smile.gif

Driver: San Francisco did a nice job of that, but that game will be hated on here!

CrazyWare
  • CrazyWare

The taste of gaming. Respect!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Ah Thank God. It was horrid seeing that. Rockstar, you've finally come to your senses about the police. (No, not poles or the ice)

LSSDLSPD
  • LSSDLSPD

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by LSSDLSPD, 01 June 2013 - 05:21 AM.

Do you think R* will use these sirens?
LAPD code3
Code 3

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (Arcade-kids @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 00:21)

Ah Thank God. It was horrid seeing that. Rockstar, you've finally come to your senses about the police. (No, not poles or the ice)

Indeed, it certainly was.

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (LSSDLSPD @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 04:54)
LAPD code3
Code 3

Ahh, I must say that those beautiful tones are music to my ears. It would surely be ideal. smile.gif

jdm4life92
  • jdm4life92

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (MikeWh @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:43)

Driver: San Francisco did a nice job of that, but that game will be hated on here!

i kinda wish gta would include the police location on the map when not having a wanted level like the driver series

it was always nice to know where the cops were

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (KingGTAV @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 06:04)
LAPD code3
Code 3

Ahh, I must say that those beautiful tones are music to my ears. It would surely be ideal. smile.gif

Sounds good! I hope we have the air horn again and the option of running lights only if you wish.

AgentGTAVI
  • AgentGTAVI

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (FATMANYOU2 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 16:03)
LAPD code3
Code 3

Sounds good! I hope we have the air horn again and the option of running lights only if you wish.

I concur 110%. I personally love the high-lo phaser and priority tones, both of which are incorporated into the Federal Signal, Unitrol Touchmaster Delta sirens. smile.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (jdm4life92 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 06:15)
QUOTE (MikeWh @ Friday, May 31 2013, 21:43)

i kinda wish gta would include the police location on the map when not having a wanted level like the driver series

it was always nice to know where the cops were

Something like that yes. Or like an indicator where the police stations are. Would be fun to check out what they do when not on duty.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

Crew: High Caliber LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (FATMANYOU2 @ Saturday, Jun 1 2013, 08:03)
LAPD code3
Code 3

Hold Vehicle function button, AKA (IV High Beam / Lo Beam). D-pad Up activates Highbeams, D-pad Down, Emergency vehicle lights, (If applicable) Left & Right, Turn signals. XD

Siren sound functions the same. only makes sound when LED lights are on.

UP9390
  • UP9390

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (icandothisallday @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 22:04)
have all the guys hating on cop uniforms in single player not seen the town? the last heist is badass. they are all dressed like cops and paramedics. would make for amazing gameplay.

Where was this seen?

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (UP9390 @ Sunday, Jun 2 2013, 06:41)
QUOTE (icandothisallday @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 22:04)

Where was this seen?

In the movie The Town. They dress up as Boston Police and EMS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users