GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

11,148 replies to this topic
jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 18:14)
QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 15:08)
I would like to take a moment to thank everyone involved in this topic for making it such a large movement. I feel that this forum topic and all of the users who, like myself, sent emails to R* are the reason that they took the time to improve the police vehicles. I am definitely glad at this point that R* delayed the game to listen to the community and refine their masterpiece to be one of the most epic video game creations of all time.

I agree with some of the comments about some changes that could still be made to further improve the vehicles, but even if they are just as we saw in the most recent trailers it is still a massive improvement over the junk they showed us from the earlier trailers.

My biggest comment to make here lately is that I can't figure why the newly designed GTA police cars look like the Ford Interceptors. Major thumbs up on the Tahoes, but why the Fords R*???? First of all, real life LAPD is changing over to the Chevy Caprice along with most other agencies across the country. Ford is dead in the police vehicle market. No cop wants to drive a front or all wheel drive V6 patrol vehicle! Imagine passing a perp on the opposite side of traffic, you have to pull a quick u turn right? try that in a non-RWD vehicle, not very easy. RWD vehicles use the rear thrusted torque to quickly maneuver the vehicle. Or are we not getting a good enough look, are these new vehicles in fact supposed to resemble Caprices? Or maybe they are meant to be a hybrid of the 2? Idk, but I hope we end up with some real looking Vics, Chargers, and Caprices in the game!

icon14.gif OVERALL 2 THUMBS UP FOR EFFORT AND ACCEPTANCE OF FEEDBACK R*!!! THE LIGHTS OVERALL LOOK AWESOME!!! icon14.gif

I doubt about a dozen or whatever number of impatient fans sending complaint e-mails about a not-so-important issue really made any difference, it's too little people for R* to care, you're giving yourselves too much credit.

And LSPD isn't supposed to be a 1:1 replica of LAPD.

Because they' would face lawsuits if they did.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 15:29)
Sure the interceptors are current, but not a true popular choice of law enforcement. Probably 90% of the market is going with vehicles other than the interceptor because of it's total impracticability. Either way it's still a huge improvement, but it would have been nice to see a cop car that wasn't an over seas tuner design.

And to the hater above I assure you R* has gotten most of their improvement ideas from this website. They even stated themselves that the reason for the delay was to listen to the community and make modifications which is what they did. They made the exact changes that most of us in this topic were asking for, it's not just a  convenient coincidence.

Assure whatever you want to assure, your argument holds no water still, also, I'm not a hater, I'm just telling how it is.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 13:14)
I would like to take a moment to thank everyone involved in this topic for making it such a large movement. I feel that this forum topic and all of the users who, like myself, sent emails to R* are the reason that they took the time to improve the police vehicles. I am definitely glad at this point that R* delayed the game to listen to the community and refine their masterpiece to be one of the most epic video game creations of all time.

I agree with some of the comments about some changes that could still be made to further improve the vehicles, but even if they are just as we saw in the most recent trailers it is still a massive improvement over the junk they showed us from the earlier trailers.

My biggest comment to make here lately is that I can't figure why the newly designed GTA police cars look like the Ford Interceptors. Major thumbs up on the Tahoes, but why the Fords R*???? First of all, real life LAPD is changing over to the Chevy Caprice along with most other agencies across the country. Ford is dead in the police vehicle market. No cop wants to drive a front or all wheel drive V6 patrol vehicle! Imagine passing a perp on the opposite side of traffic, you have to pull a quick u turn right? try that in a non-RWD vehicle, not very easy. RWD vehicles use the rear thrusted torque to quickly maneuver the vehicle. Or are we not getting a good enough look, are these new vehicles in fact supposed to resemble Caprices? Or maybe they are meant to be a hybrid of the 2? Idk, but I hope we end up with some real looking Vics, Chargers, and Caprices in the game!

icon14.gif OVERALL 2 THUMBS UP FOR EFFORT AND ACCEPTANCE OF FEEDBACK R*!!! THE LIGHTS OVERALL LOOK AWESOME!!! icon14.gif

I doubt about a dozen or whatever number of impatient fans sending complaint e-mails about a not-so-important issue really made any difference, it's too little people for R* to care, you're giving yourselves too much credit.

It likely did make a difference. I think you're overestimating the involvement of the GTA fan base via email. Most GTA fans beyond the forums and the R* social club couldn't care less about sending in an email to R*. In fact, you have to join the social club before you can even send one. Then out of the emails they do get, I bet about half of them can't be taken seriously. So when a topic blossoms to become one of the largest and most level headed ones for well over a year and a half on a forum that has been the largest and most prominent in the GTA fan base for over decade, R* might get wind of the realistic police hardware idea to say the least.

Besides, the whole point of R* mouth-off is to create this dialogue between R* and the fans. They won't add every little suggestion. But when R* obviously drops the ball on something and those who aren't too submissive to speak up, do so in a respectful manner time and time again, R* mouth-off flags the issue and notifies the proper authorities. You also have to consider that the emails people on this thread have sent look pretty respectful an professional (judging from the screenshots). It's not some pipe dream that the fans of R* might actually have a voice.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:02)

It likely did make a difference. I think you're overestimating the involvement of the GTA fan base via email. Most GTA fans beyond the forums and the R* social club couldn't care less about sending in an email to R*. In fact, you have to join the social club before you can even send one. Then out of the emails they do get, I bet about half of them can't be taken seriously. So when a topic blossoms to become one of the largest and most level headed ones for well over a year and a half on a forum that has been the largest and most prominent in the GTA fan base for over decade, R* might get wind of the realistic police hardware idea to say the least.

Besides, the whole point of R* mouth-off is to create this dialogue between R* and the fans. They won't add every little suggestion. But when R* obviously drops the ball on something and those who aren't too submissive to speak up, do so in a respectful manner time and time again, R* mouth-off flags the issue and notifies the proper authorities. You also have to consider that the emails people on this thread have sent look pretty respectful an professional (judging from the screenshots). It's not some pipe dream that the fans of R* might actually have a voice.

You do have a point, still considering how small this issue is I feel like the effort could have been better spent with much more important things than the lights on emergency vehicles, but it's good this improvement happened either way, any improvement is good regardless of how small it may be.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Don't mind _L1pE_, he's just jealous he can't be a part of something like this.

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:17)
Don't mind _L1pE_, he's just jealous he can't be a part of something like this.

dozingoff.gif

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

I wonder if the LSSD will be programmed to ride on the LS Metro? In real life the LASD provides contract services with LA Metro and Metrolink in LA County.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 14:15)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:02)

You do have a point, still considering how small this issue is I feel like the effort could have been better spent with much more important things than the lights on emergency vehicles, but it's good this improvement happened either way, any improvement is good regardless of how small it may be.

The effort wouldn't have been too taxing though. That was one of the reasons we made such a big deal out of it. If a prominent crime game series (of all genres) is developed by a company that prides itself on detail, there would be no basis for that company to argue for a lack of time and necessity for the details of law enforcement while putting development resources into yoga, golf, and tennis.

Police seem to be a larger element in GTA and crime in general than sports.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Cant wait to drive the new police cruisers!

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:31 PM Edited by LAPD 85, 22 May 2013 - 08:34 PM.

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 11:08)
First of all, real life LAPD is changing over to the Chevy Caprice along with most other agencies across the country. Ford is dead in the police vehicle market.

You couldn't be more wrong in both of those statements. Shame on you.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:22 PM Edited by LoneWolfATL, 22 May 2013 - 09:24 PM.

@ LAPD 85, I can't speak with certainty about the LAPD, I based that statement on the fact that all of the pictures of new LAPD vehicles are pretty much of the Caprice, I have yet to see a new Ford LAPD vehicle.

On the second statement I am right because I not only work in law enforcement but also sell and equip police vehicles and the Chargers and Caprices have the market down pat with no debate what so ever. In the state that I live in the only departments buying the new Ford's are small towns that used to run Impalas which were also miserable police vehicles. All the big departments are changing to Chargers and Caprices. My department chose the Charger, GSP - Charger, PCSO - Caprice, CCPD - Caprice, CCSO - Caprice, FCSO - Charger, I could go on for days, I can't count the departments that have the Fords even on one of my hands.... because they suck. Maybe okay for a family sedan, but not for cops.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:31)
First of all, real life LAPD is changing over to the Chevy Caprice along with most other agencies across the country. Ford is dead in the police vehicle market.

I have to agree with him on the second part, Ford didn't do themselves any favours by getting rid of the Crown Vic and replacing it with the Taurus piece of garbage. It's no wonder why so many departments are switching to the Caprice and Charger.

Cheers!

chief685533
  • chief685533

Cheif, Los Santos Police Dept.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

I still really like the Crown Vic over other cars, but after seeing the AZ DPS new interceptor it is starting to grow on me.
user posted image

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (Officer620 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:19)
QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:31)

I have to agree with him on the second part, Ford didn't do themselves any favours by getting rid of the Crown Vic and replacing it with the Taurus piece of garbage. It's no wonder why so many departments are switching to the Caprice and Charger.

Cheers!

One could make an argument that Ford has significantly lost ground in the market; which is a great thing from a competition and quality perspective. However, they are far from dead. I've seen several Taurus, F-150, and Explorer units used by the the state police when traveling, local departments, and even my university's campus police. They are also firmly rooted in the van market in larger cities. I think federal authorities (field agents and such) still use a lot of their models too.

annie_himself
  • annie_himself

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

The two most popular new models in Louisiana are the Taurus, Expedition, and Charger. East Baton Rouge parish only has 3 Caprice's. I hate Ford but they still have a stronghold on the market, much more than Dodge.

LSSDLSPD
  • LSSDLSPD

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 20:31)

LoneWolfATL,Your right LAPD's next patrol cars arnt Ford interceptor they're transitioning
to the 2012 Dodge Charger PPV.As i said before those interceptors may be from a separate agency(since we've seen the LSPD cvpi's).
LAPD's next patrol car POLICE magazine story.....LAPD Next-gen
LAPD's next cop car.........
user posted image

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 23 May 2013 - 09:32 PM.

Looks like they fixed the lights

And does it look like the new cruiser is higher off the ground now?

user posted image

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 21:07)
QUOTE (Biggie Deaf @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 08:04)
Someone on this topic also stated that there can be copyright issues if the lightbars were identical and used exact light/strobe patterns.

I personally think that R* did a great job with the change from before. Besides, we all know R* doesn't do repicas, just alterations.

And whoever that 'someone' is, is an idiot. There are many different games out there that feature the Whelen Liberty and others without permission from the manufacturers.

Exactly. There is no magical blanket patent on the Liberty design, and you don't need permission to add them into your game/movie/show. Especially when you use madeup brands like Vapid. People really shouldn't talk when they have so little understanding of patent law, because it spreads dumb rumors like this one.

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 16:31)

Agreed again. The LAPD is not focusing on the Caprice.

punta_gorda
  • punta_gorda

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (LSSDLSPD @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 07:01)
QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 20:31)

LoneWolfATL,Your right LAPD's next patrol cars arnt Ford interceptor they're transitioning
to the 2012 Dodge Charger PPV.As i said before those interceptors may be from a separate agency(since we've seen the LSPD cvpi's).
LAPD's next patrol car POLICE magazine story.....LAPD Next-gen
LAPD's next cop car.........
user posted image

I was speaking to an LAPD officer and he confirmed a couple hundred Chargers have been ordered and also a few Ford police Interceptors to try.

jordanj56
  • jordanj56

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

From the Russian preview that took place a day or so ago:

"Airliner flies, and we are gradually getting closer to the ground. The eyes are opened vast mountain ranges, which are scattered on the slopes of the steep mountain road (some of them we have already seen in the earlier screenshot with mountain bikes). Truly admire the picturesque scenery, flies to the ground and notice the small river on the left somewhere which holds its way police jeep. And then, finally, we landed."

Hmmm.. A "police jeep"??? Any thoughts on this?!

Heres the link: http://www.gameru.net/?a=50901 (Will have to translate it)

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (jordanj56 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 01:36)
From the Russian preview that took place a day or so ago:

"Airliner flies, and we are gradually getting closer to the ground. The eyes are opened vast mountain ranges, which are scattered on the slopes of the steep mountain road (some of them we have already seen in the earlier screenshot with mountain bikes). Truly admire the picturesque scenery, flies to the ground and notice the small river on the left somewhere which holds its way police jeep. And then, finally, we landed."

Hmmm.. A "police jeep"??? Any thoughts on this?!

Heres the link: http://www.gameru.net/?a=50901 (Will have to translate it)

If there is a Police Jeep I will quite literally sh*t myself.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Did you use Google Translate? the words could simply be scrambled.

roofgoof
  • roofgoof

The Voice

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

Jeep, although now an actual vehicle Brand name, used to and is still commonly used to describe all SUV's particularly overseas. It was started back in WWII when GI's nicknamed the new 4WD utility vehicle that we have all come to love as a "Jeep."

So by someone stating "Police Jeep" they can just mean a Police SUV

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (roofgoof @ Friday, May 24 2013, 00:41)
Jeep, although now an actual vehicle Brand name, used to and is still commonly used to describe all SUV's particularly overseas. It was started back in WWII when GI's nicknamed the new 4WD utility vehicle that we have all come to love as a "Jeep."

So by someone stating "Police Jeep" they can just mean a Police SUV

That seems to makes more sense.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:56)

user posted image

Where did you get that screenshot? And are there any more of them?

jackjenkins
  • jackjenkins

Sheriff

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (CCarvalho224 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 06:21)
QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 06:56)

user posted image

Where did you get that screenshot? And are there any more of them?

It's on the collectors edition preorder poster, there's a wider one on the special edition where you can see that the car on the left is also a police cruiser biggrin.gif

Drunkpolice
  • Drunkpolice

Los Santos City Police Sergeant

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

I don't know if it's just me seeing this, but in that collector photo, the squad car looks like it has a federal signal vision/SLR mounted instea of the flatbed LED model shown in previous photos. It appears to have red, blue an amber light domes.

Thoughts on this?

And I seriously hope they invest in quality work on the sirens and perhaps ground light reflections emitting from the LEDS.

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (Drunkpolice @ Friday, May 24 2013, 12:42)
I don't know if it's just me seeing this, but in that collector photo, the squad car looks like it has a federal signal vision/SLR mounted instea of the flatbed LED model shown in previous photos. It appears to have red, blue an amber light domes.

Thoughts on this?

And I seriously hope they invest in quality work on the sirens and perhaps ground light reflections emitting from the LEDS.

Nah, that red you see is in the background. The blue doesn't stick up at all. The white on the left is actually the red LEDs lighting up, because that's actually what they look like in real life in most cameras. Here are some photos I've taken myself that show this effect:

user posted image

R* modeled the emergency lighting effects pretty damn well this time around.

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

I wonder if the Police Vehicles can be customized? When they announced the pre-order for the special and collectors edition, the collectors edition has "a garage to store custom vehicles". Also, to the regulars on this topic: who is getting it on the PS3?

piper5by5
  • piper5by5

Pull that sh*t heap over!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I am

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users