Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

9,465 replies to this topic
lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 13:21)
QUOTE (Officer620 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 05:12)
Roger, missed a month of posts so I wasn't sure if it had been mentioned.

Cheers!

Well if it took you "1000s" of views to notice that, maybe you don't have the best eyesight...

Makes sense you missed a month of posts too...

Ok, that was sarcastic but this is sincere: I cannot stand the sheer HUBRIS that some people have on here to believe that they would be the only person in the world to notice something a MONTH after it's been released.

Did you seriously think you'd be the first person to post about that here? If you really are familiar with this thread like you imply that you are, how could you possibly think that wouldn't be all we've been talking about for the past month?

LoL, this sh*t had me rolling

JuanCortez
  • JuanCortez

Vice City

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (FATMANYOU2 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 14:20)
QUOTE (ZeeKid2k10 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 04:56)
I hope *R put more realistic police radio in the game like real time

That would be nice, in GTA 4 you could barely hear what dispatch was saying. icon14.gif

Would be cool if you could just have a LS police scanner in your car (like when you're preparing a heist or just wanna hear what's going on)

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

Rockstar needs to give us a more in-depth view into the multiplayer, I want to be able to figure put which uniforms for which departments their will be. Also, Rockstar needs to get better with the voice chat, private channels for comms, PTT, and a "shout" feature where your voice is heard by those nearby.

Fatty Roman
  • Fatty Roman

(Jordan_Philip) GTA fan since '99

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the police cars from IV. They should just use the same models. Asking for better ones is selfish

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Monday, May 20 2013, 20:48)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the police cars from IV. They should just use the same models. Asking for better ones is selfish

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're joking.

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 01:56)
QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Monday, May 20 2013, 20:48)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with  the police cars from IV. They should just use the same models. Asking for better ones is selfish

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're joking.

LOL!!!! Really dude, those cars in GTA4 sucked!!

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (Fatty Roman @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 01:48)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with  the police cars from IV. They should just use the same models. Asking for better ones is selfish

user posted image

On a serious note, do you really want crappy generic emergency vehicles? With outdated 90s light bars? We certainly don't.

Los Santos Fire
  • Los Santos Fire

LSFD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

I keep seeing people mention park rangers. I dont believe R* would put this level of law enforcement in the game. Can someone please provide proof (again, I said PROOF - not speculation based on fuzzy pics).

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Fire @ Monday, May 20 2013, 21:31)
I keep seeing people mention park rangers. I dont believe R* would put this level of law enforcement in the game. Can someone please provide proof (again, I said PROOF - not speculation based on fuzzy pics).

One of the previews said that they saw a 'park ranger' driving on a dirt road as they were parachuting down. My guess was that the previewers assumption was that any law enforcement vehicle driving offroad automatically equals a park ranger. I don't see how there are any in the game either as it doesn't make much sense as the sheriff department/office would really be covering offroad sections unless R* actually did implement national forests/parks in V. There is this as well.

user posted image
user posted image
Note the SUV with green line and decal on the door. They look very similar. But it doesn't make sense that it's a park ranger because there is no reason for one to be at the Vinewood sign.

Los Santos Fire
  • Los Santos Fire

LSFD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 04:46)
QUOTE (Los Santos Fire @ Monday, May 20 2013, 21:31)

One of the previews said that they saw a 'park ranger' driving on a dirt road as they were parachuting down. My guess was that the previewers assumption was that any law enforcement vehicle driving offroad automatically equals a park ranger. I don't see how there are any in the game either as it doesn't make much sense as the sheriff department/office would really be covering offroad sections unless R* actually did implement national forests/parks in V. There is this as well.

user posted image
user posted image
Note the SUV with green line and decal on the door. They look very similar. But it doesn't make sense that it's a park ranger because there is no reason for one to be at the Vinewood sign.

So it IS all about speculation and fuzzy pics. I really doubt there will be park rangers.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 04:46)
[QUOTE=Los Santos Fire,Monday, May 20 2013, 21:31]But it doesn't make sense that it's a park ranger because there is no reason for one to be at the Vinewood sign.

In real life (according to Google) the Hollywood sign is in Griffith Park & Griffith Park has Park Rangers, though their vehicles are just white with a door logo.
user posted image

It could also be Border Patrol as their vehicles are White with the Green Stripe, or it could just be based on the US Ranger vehicles instead of the Griffith Park ones just because more people would be able to generically recognize it as a Park Ranger.

Los Santos Fire
  • Los Santos Fire

LSFD

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Fisha695 @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 05:49)
It could also be Border Patrol

I really dont understand why you people have such a hard-on for f*ckin border patrol! V is set on an ISLAND! There IS no border!

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

cop cars like this.

user posted image

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Fire @ Monday, May 20 2013, 23:56)

I really dont understand why you people have such a hard-on for f*ckin border patrol! V is set on an ISLAND! There IS no border!

Neither do I. Besides the Border Patrol has changed their cars look a long time ago. This is the Border Patrol new look. They are the same as CBP except for color.
user posted image
user posted image

In real life (according to Google) the Hollywood sign is in Griffith Park & Griffith Park has Park Rangers, though their vehicles are just white with a door logo.

Los Angeles Park Rangers are nothing but glorified security guards with minimal police training. LAPD does the majority of the enforcement in Griffith Park (this where the the LAPD Mounted Division comes to play). The LAPD Air Unit Division does a majority of the Hollywood sign enforcement doing flybys consistently to ensure there are no trespassers in the area. If one is spotted, they call it in to the Central or West Bureau (Hollywood or Northeast Division) depending on where extract they are spotted.

user posted image
user posted image

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

The only thing left to see is the FIB. Border Patrol and noose won't be in the game... Its pretty common sense. There's no need for that type of law enforcement. Just be happy we have the sheriff's department... we could of got stuck with some kind of knock off.

Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:37 PM Edited by Darlyn, 21 May 2013 - 02:40 PM.

The new police cars and lights are fantastic but they have one shortfall...the lightbar is still the wrong shape. It's a little too tall and doesn't extend back far enough, giving it a box-shape from the side rather than a rectangular one. Every modern agency that uses a low-profile lightbar (which is virtually all of them) uses the Whelen Liberty-type one, not the boxy old-style Federal Signal non-LED one.

Compare this:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

To this:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I'm surprised R* missed this given the attention to detail they gave to the Ford Taurus Police Interceptor and the Tahoe. This might be seen as nitpicky but they've shown that they now care about authentic emergency lighting, so why not go all the way? They fix that and the police cars will be pretty much perfect (a 1:1 CVPI would be nice, but the current one is fine).

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

You have to take in consideration that the trailer uses different builts eh? So maybe they're not done editing yet.

Biggie Deaf
  • Biggie Deaf

Google me, baby...seriously.

• Members

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Someone on this topic also stated that there can be copyright issues if the lightbars were identical and used exact light/strobe patterns.

I personally think that R* did a great job with the change from before. Besides, we all know R* doesn't do repicas, just alterations.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Los Santos Fire @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 06:56)

Actually being an island means it's entire perimeter is a border.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Biggie Deaf @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 08:04)
Someone on this topic also stated that there can be copyright issues if the lightbars were identical and used exact light/strobe patterns.

I personally think that R* did a great job with the change from before. Besides, we all know R* doesn't do repicas, just alterations.

And whoever that 'someone' is, is an idiot. There are many different games out there that feature the Whelen Liberty and others without permission from the manufacturers.

Officer620
  • Officer620

Federal Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

Even when Rockstar all out re-designs and overhauls the entire police fleet, introducing LED lighting in the process, people are STILL complaining and having a whinge. The lightbars and cruisers are a damn good effort from Rockstar. It seems that whatever they do, certain people will always be left unsatisfied.

Cheers!

Tobias_Rieper
  • Tobias_Rieper

Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (Officer620 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 05:50)
Even when Rockstar all out re-designs and overhauls the entire police fleet, introducing LED lighting in the process, people are STILL complaining and having a whinge. The lightbars and cruisers are a damn good effort from Rockstar. It seems that whatever they do, certain people will always be left unsatisfied.

Cheers!

Soon as I saw them in Franklin's trailer I was more than satisfied. Only gripe I could have about the police cars is that they add the finalized Los Santos Police emblem on the doors instead of the generic police font. But I'm sure they will, or even already have.

Excolis
  • Excolis

Well,...

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Los Santos Fire @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 06:56)

Sure, technicaly the map is an island, but it's not meant to be an island. Equally Vice City, Liberty City, San Andreas and the most other maps weren't meant to be an island. The games are indicating that often.

sddales
  • sddales

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Officer620 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 05:50)

Cheers!

I was thinking the same thing as I read this. We all have the things we want in the game, but we should all keep some perspective. The game is amazing, the police cars look great. And you guys absolutely pushed for better police cars and got them. You should be happy. They gave you an inch, don't take a mile.

MizzouRah16
  • MizzouRah16

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Here's to hoping that police pursuit AI is just as improved as the aesthetics.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (MizzouRah16 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 17:09)
Here's to hoping that police pursuit AI is just as improved as the aesthetics.

They'd better be. But judging by the chase scene. All good.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone involved in this topic for making it such a large movement. I feel that this forum topic and all of the users who, like myself, sent emails to R* are the reason that they took the time to improve the police vehicles. I am definitely glad at this point that R* delayed the game to listen to the community and refine their masterpiece to be one of the most epic video game creations of all time.

I agree with some of the comments about some changes that could still be made to further improve the vehicles, but even if they are just as we saw in the most recent trailers it is still a massive improvement over the junk they showed us from the earlier trailers.

My biggest comment to make here lately is that I can't figure why the newly designed GTA police cars look like the Ford Interceptors. Major thumbs up on the Tahoes, but why the Fords R*???? First of all, real life LAPD is changing over to the Chevy Caprice along with most other agencies across the country. Ford is dead in the police vehicle market. No cop wants to drive a front or all wheel drive V6 patrol vehicle! Imagine passing a perp on the opposite side of traffic, you have to pull a quick u turn right? try that in a non-RWD vehicle, not very easy. RWD vehicles use the rear thrusted torque to quickly maneuver the vehicle. Or are we not getting a good enough look, are these new vehicles in fact supposed to resemble Caprices? Or maybe they are meant to be a hybrid of the 2? Idk, but I hope we end up with some real looking Vics, Chargers, and Caprices in the game!

icon14.gif OVERALL 2 THUMBS UP FOR EFFORT AND ACCEPTANCE OF FEEDBACK R*!!! THE LIGHTS OVERALL LOOK AWESOME!!! icon14.gif

_L1pE_
  • _L1pE_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 15:08)
I would like to take a moment to thank everyone involved in this topic for making it such a large movement. I feel that this forum topic and all of the users who, like myself, sent emails to R* are the reason that they took the time to improve the police vehicles. I am definitely glad at this point that R* delayed the game to listen to the community and refine their masterpiece to be one of the most epic video game creations of all time.

I agree with some of the comments about some changes that could still be made to further improve the vehicles, but even if they are just as we saw in the most recent trailers it is still a massive improvement over the junk they showed us from the earlier trailers.

My biggest comment to make here lately is that I can't figure why the newly designed GTA police cars look like the Ford Interceptors. Major thumbs up on the Tahoes, but why the Fords R*???? First of all, real life LAPD is changing over to the Chevy Caprice along with most other agencies across the country. Ford is dead in the police vehicle market. No cop wants to drive a front or all wheel drive V6 patrol vehicle! Imagine passing a perp on the opposite side of traffic, you have to pull a quick u turn right? try that in a non-RWD vehicle, not very easy. RWD vehicles use the rear thrusted torque to quickly maneuver the vehicle. Or are we not getting a good enough look, are these new vehicles in fact supposed to resemble Caprices? Or maybe they are meant to be a hybrid of the 2? Idk, but I hope we end up with some real looking Vics, Chargers, and Caprices in the game!

icon14.gif OVERALL 2 THUMBS UP FOR EFFORT AND ACCEPTANCE OF FEEDBACK R*!!! THE LIGHTS OVERALL LOOK AWESOME!!! icon14.gif

I doubt about a dozen or whatever number of impatient fans sending complaint e-mails about a not-so-important issue really made any difference, it's too little people for R* to care, you're giving yourselves too much credit.

And LSPD isn't supposed to be a 1:1 replica of LAPD.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 18:08)

Many departments/agencies have already began using the The new interceptor and LAPD has shown interest in them. I'm glad their using this interceptor since it will stay current in GTA for many years unlike IV where the cruisers were already outdated as soon as the game released.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:29 PM Edited by LoneWolfATL, 22 May 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Sure the interceptors are current, but not a true popular choice of law enforcement. Probably 90% of the market is going with vehicles other than the interceptor because of it's total impracticability. Either way it's still a huge improvement, but it would have been nice to see a cop car that wasn't an over seas tuner design.

And to the hater above I assure you R* has gotten most of their improvement ideas from this website. They even stated themselves that the reason for the delay was to listen to the community and make modifications which is what they did. They made the exact changes that most of us in this topic were asking for, it's not just a convenient coincidence.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users