Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

8,646 replies to this topic
JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (ZeeKid2k10 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 00:35)
user posted image

user posted image

So beautiful :')

UP9390
  • UP9390

Railfan, Sheriff of Los Santos County - PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Love the LED's and the brakelight flashers! Look at how detailed the uniforms on the officers are too! biggrin.gif

mmmfloorpie
  • mmmfloorpie

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

I know I've been waiting for this since GTA 3, and I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but does anyone else think all the emergency lighting might be TOO much?

On the "Interceptor" type car seen in Franklin's video, the car has: LED bar on top, LED flashers on the ram bar, LED flashers on the side mirrors and wig-wag flashing head lights. The rear has the LED light bar, LED flashers on the inside of the rear window, reverse light flashers and tail light flashers.

Is this too much? Does it make the cars look a bit tacky? I always thought the Saints Row cars looked lame because of all the emergency lighting. It was too much, whereas GTA was always never enough.

I don't know, maybe I'm crazy.

jordanj56
  • jordanj56

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 02:47)
I know I've been waiting for this since GTA 3, and I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but does anyone else think all the emergency lighting might be TOO much?

On the "Interceptor" type car seen in Franklin's video, the car has: LED bar on top, LED flashers on the ram bar, LED flashers on the side mirrors and wig-wag flashing head lights. The rear has the LED light bar, LED flashers on the inside of the rear window, reverse light flashers and tail light flashers.

Is this too much? Does it make the cars look a bit tacky? I always thought the Saints Row cars looked lame because of all the emergency lighting. It was too much, whereas GTA was always never enough.

Yeah I think you're crazy .. biggrin.gif

I see what you're saying, but I think these are far more realistic!

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

Us right now:
user posted image

Jamezz
  • Jamezz

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

People are crying about there being too many lights on the police cars? you guys are crazy.

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:46 AM Edited by SMG, 01 May 2013 - 03:48 AM.

QUOTE (ZeeKid2k10 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 11:21)
user posted image

Notice the Bull Bar in this pic.
Matches Bull Bar in this pic:
user posted image

Driving a Police Car in a mission confirmed?

Do you think that they would they use gameplay-style footage just for cinematic effect even though this is not part of the gameplay experience?

Playing some missions as a Cop/Impostor-Vigilante? ... It appears to be driving in formation with the Cop car.

It seemed strange to me in the video that the Police Car was driving AWAY from the players perspective. I'm used to the Police Cars coming AT me.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

Ok I think this MAY have been said earlier but I think they still do have the CVPI type car. I noticed that the car in this picture:
user posted image
Has white going up from the top of the door on that bar to the roof. It connects.

As for this car:
user posted image
user posted image
The white door is separated by a black bar. That should pretty much be enough to prove that there are, in fact, at least a different kind of cruiser (but most likely the CVPI model as they probably wouldn't have just completely ditched it when they worked hard to remodel it and make it look nice). I'm excited. Also, I do think that they either made the new cars with that generic "POLICE" decal because they were either tying to show their new vehicle almost like a demonstration version (like the Taurus, etc) or they just didn't have the decal for LSPD yet. I know this has all been said already, but I was just stating what I think, at this moment, is going on. I expect to see more cool stuff later and probably a more finished version (with correct decal and stuff) soon. But so farc the lighting is incredible and everything just looks amazing. I'm super excited. smile.gif

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

It is confirmed that there are several police interceptors based on the Ford CVPI, Dodge Charger, Suburbn SUV and the latest one. Police Stinger? reminds me of the 2013 Ford Interceptor. Cream at the lights. XD

Apollo_33
  • Apollo_33

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

Yeah, the decals will come back I'm sure.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (FEDE_snma_ITA @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 13:46)
I think the CVIs have been scrapped, two interceptors don't make sense and the difference of style between the two means that they hardly could co-exist...
Maybe, if they improve the CVI making it look much like the real one and add the circular badge to the Taurus they could get along well, otherwise i say it's unlikely we will see them together in the final game.

Franklin Trailer shows at least 3 Interceptors. The top of a CV and front of a Dodge Charger (Recognized the headlights) and the newest one, Stinger? New Ford Model?

Antoni.
  • Antoni.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

Two cruisers in IV was satisfactory, but it would be nice to see more.

Caleb_SA
  • Caleb_SA

✅ Verified account

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

Wishlist.

Undercover FIB crown vic and suburban.

I also hope that you can turn off the siren when driving while leaving the lights turned on.

I also think it would be cool to be able to point the police spotlights on the helicopters and patrol cars at objects.

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (jordanj56 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 15:35)
HELL YEAHHHHH !!!! I've been following this thread for a long time, and I think you guys nailed it!

Rockstar listened to YOU GUYS!

These cars look amazing !!

Same here been watching from the outside and those who were saying R* don't listen to fans are all wrong !!! But nonetheless nice job overall with persistence & dedication anything can happen

Sheriff Mallory
  • Sheriff Mallory

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

I hope R* gives some kind of recognition to LoneWolfATL. If it wasn't for him and this thread we would be stuck with crappy cop cars.

Well done sir.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (LAPD 85 @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 14:21)
I think the Crown Vic is still in.

Notice the doors and how it is painted.  The doors are much rounder and more pronounced than the new car they are showing.  The paint around the door and the roof is all white too while the new car they are showing has a black gap between the doors and the roof.

Do I see that they are copying California's emergency light law of having amber and blue lights flashing in the rear of the vehicle?  It looks that way or the red is way off color.

Wow, good eye. I hope you're right.

Again, good eye. You think they'll also follow California's ridiculous "red steady burn" law? Haha wink.gif

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 03:15)

Us right now:
user posted image

NO! I'm from a decent size city in Wichita ks. Our city police alone have rear and front lights, along with the top led lights. It's not 2 much at all, top collage graduates came together to study the led light bar and its effects on oncoming drivers. They found that with rear window lights and top led's flashing DRUNK drivers pull away from a police cruiser rather then aim towards it with previous light bars. Ford's new Police interceptor has implemented these studies hugely and made it standard for police departments when buying. It's 2013, even Rock * knows what's up, I wasn't worried at all if they would update the police cruisers, they were sh*t, in a beautiful game. Rock * needed time to top itself and that's exactly what they've done. We can only hope to rock * that we can turn sirens off with lights on, have sheriff departments, dedicated police missions with a sorta free roam. Las Santos and its surrounding areas are huge, once we beat the game, would it not be cool to be a Los Santos cop and deal with all the crazy sh*t LA, LS has to deal with as a cop? A police buffalo CHP or Sheriff would be sweet for country side, I cant ask for you guys to have different police departments for every town, that would be A LOT, however if you could just have different LSPD police cars, as in the police cruiser, the new buffalo, crown vic and ford's sho for town and country police, LSPD SHERIFF and CHP, I think everybody would be happy because everybody is able 2 get what they want in some way... When you get that involved in the police aspect of the game everybody can grasp that intense chase or getaway they've always wanted but lacked from other games due to lack of world, freedom or mission, all of which GTA has and can have but has lacked in every other game to date... to me GTA 5 is where its at when it comes to implementing different agencies and police forces, even rock * has shown they created different agencies but in previous titles never really grew on it. I'm hoping you guys have realized your own ideas and our own ambitions and completely grew on it since GTA IV. We all know you guys fu*ked that one up when it came to the police cars having different emblems. The police uniforms were different but not the cars? All I can say is the new cars are beautiful, now what are we going to do with them? and did we f*ck ourselves out of the sheriff cars with the new police cruisers?

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (SMG @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 04:46)
user posted image

user posted image

Do you think that they would they use gameplay-style footage just for cinematic effect even though this is not part of the gameplay experience?

Playing some missions as a Cop/Impostor-Vigilante? ... It appears to be driving in formation with the Cop car.

It seemed strange to me in the video that the Police Car was driving AWAY from the players perspective. I'm used to the Police Cars coming AT me.

When you used the cinematic view in IV while you were chased by.cops, the view sometimes changed to the hood cam of a pursuing unit, same as here. Considering we saw the start of the race, etc, I don't think we will.drive that police car in the mission. But perhaps in other missions, to sneak into.some Policestations or something like that biggrin.gif

lSSDJackson
  • lSSDJackson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

NO! I'm from a decent size city in Wichita ks. Our city police alone have rear and front lights, along with the top led lights. It's not 2 much at all, top collage graduates came together to study the led light bar and its effects on oncoming drivers. They found that with rear window lights and top led's flashing DRUNK drivers pull away from a police cruiser rather then aim towards it with previous light bars. Ford's new Police interceptor has implemented these studies hugely and made it standard for police departments when buying. It's 2013, even Rock * knows what's up, I wasn't worried at all if they would update the police cruisers, they were sh*t, in a beautiful game. Rock * needed time to top itself and that's exactly what they've done. We can only hope to rock * that we can turn sirens off with lights on, have sheriff departments, dedicated police missions with a sorta free roam. Las Santos and its surrounding areas are huge, once we beat the game, would it not be cool to be a Los Santos cop and deal with all the crazy sh*t LA, LS has to deal with as a cop? A police buffalo CHP or Sheriff would be sweet for country side, I cant ask for you guys to have different police departments for every town, that would be A LOT, however if you could just have different LSPD police cars, as in the police cruiser, the new buffalo, crown vic and ford's sho for town and country police, LSPD SHERIFF and CHP, I think everybody would be happy because everybody is able 2 get what they want in some way... When you get that involved in the police aspect of the game everybody can grasp that intense chase or getaway they've always wanted but lacked from other games due to lack of world, freedom or mission, all of which GTA has and can have but has lacked in every other game to date... to me GTA 5 is where its at when it comes to implementing different agencies and police forces, even rock * has shown they created different agencies but in previous titles never really grew on it. I'm hoping you guys have realized your own ideas and our own ambitions and completely grew on it since GTA IV. We all know you guys fu*ked that one up when it came to the police cars having different emblems. The police uniforms were different but not the cars? All I can say is the new cars are beautiful, now what are we going to do with them? and did we f*ck ourselves out of the sheriff cars with the new police cruisers? mercie_blink.gif

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013
  • Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

After 21 years, it's time.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (lSSDJackson @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 06:27)
NO! I'm from a decent size city in Wichita ks. Our city police alone have rear and front lights, along with the top led lights. It's not 2 much at all, top collage graduates came together to study the led light bar and its effects on oncoming drivers. They found that with rear window lights and top led's flashing DRUNK drivers pull away from a police cruiser rather then aim towards it with previous light bars. Ford's new Police interceptor has implemented these studies hugely and made it standard for police departments when buying. It's 2013, even Rock * knows what's up, I wasn't worried at all if they would update the police cruisers, they were sh*t, in a beautiful game. Rock * needed time to top itself and that's exactly what they've done. We can only hope to rock * that we can turn sirens off with lights on, have sheriff departments, dedicated police missions with a sorta free roam. Las Santos and its surrounding areas are huge, once we beat the game, would it not be cool to be a Los Santos cop and deal with all the crazy sh*t LA, LS has to deal with as a cop? A police buffalo CHP or Sheriff would be sweet for country side, I cant ask for you guys to have different police departments for every town, that would be A LOT, however if you could just have different LSPD police cars, as in the police cruiser, the new buffalo, crown vic and ford's sho for town and country police, LSPD SHERIFF and CHP, I think everybody would be happy because everybody is able 2 get what they want in some way... When you get that involved in the police aspect of the game everybody can grasp that intense chase or getaway they've always wanted but lacked from other games due to lack of world, freedom or mission, all of which GTA has and can have but has lacked in every other game to date... to me GTA 5 is where its at when it comes to implementing different agencies and police forces, even rock * has shown they created different agencies but in previous titles never really grew on it. I'm hoping you guys have realized your own ideas and our own ambitions and completely grew on it since GTA IV. We all know you guys fu*ked that one up when it came to the police cars having different emblems. The police uniforms were different but not the cars? All I can say is the new cars are beautiful, now what are we going to do with them? and did we f*ck ourselves out of the sheriff cars with the new police cruisers? mercie_blink.gif

DON'T GO FULL RETARD MAN! dozingoff.gif

aleex96
  • aleex96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Maybe the patrol car livery is WIP, look at the helicopter.

Here have LSPD under it

user posted image

But here (probably an earlier version) it havenīt

user posted image

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (aleex96 @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 12:05)
Maybe the patrol car livery is WIP, look at the helicopter.

Here have LSPD under it

user posted image

But here (probably an earlier version) it havenīt

user posted image

Never noticed the bottom pic of the Chopper good find

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I love the latest police cars but I hope these ones are still in the game. When you have a good amount of emergency vehicles, it makes police chases more fun as it's not just the same old police car over and over again.
Sheriff's Patrol
user posted image

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 12:41)
I love the latest police cars but I hope these ones are still in the game. When you have a good amount of emergency vehicles, it makes police chases more fun as it's not just the same old police car over and over again.
Sheriff's Patrol
user posted image

I agree with you 100%

JasonStatham
  • JasonStatham

★★★ PC ★★★

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'm very disappointed in PD cars from GTA V, especially ford crown victorias... They are like from some old games, but yeah.. PD Cars from GTA IV were good.

P.S This is the one I like

user posted image

aleex96
  • aleex96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

At first, sorry for the size, but it's easier look it with this size.

Ford taurus

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Look this headlights, Crown Victoria?

user posted image

Also this lights are bigger than in the ford taurus, probably from CV

user posted image

And could this be the charger?

user posted image

Pd: the light in this cop car are kept on without flashing, different light patterns?

user posted image

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

I Just hope they keep the CVPI

mmmfloorpie
  • mmmfloorpie

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 08:22)
I Just hope they keep the CVPI

Me too. That's my favourite car to "tool" around in in IV.

But I don't know why everyone is so sure that they've seen a Taurus, a CVPI and a Charger in the Franklin video.

I only saw 1 police car. The Ford Taurus type one with the angular head lights and the bulbous rear end.

The old Vapid Cruiser we saw in the older trailers were probably just place holders. One of the later things to be designed so they used the models they had.

Shadewell
  • Shadewell

Pure awesomeness

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by Shadewell, 01 May 2013 - 02:35 PM.

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 06:24)
user posted image

user posted image

Crazy speculation mode:

Didn't we have rumours about a fourth character we could play that was not shown yet?
And according to Rockstar we will play protagonist and antagonist.

Maybe the fourth character is a policeman and none of our three known characters will have to be the antagonist... cool.gif

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by PSN-Blackhawk_1989, 01 May 2013 - 03:05 PM.

To all those asking about the Crown Vic, Please note the 2 (TWO) different interceptors from Michael's trailer. They also have different LED's
That red Sedan looks awfully suspicious... Cop?
user posted image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users