» «
Photo

GTA V Police Cars & Emergency Vehicles

9,488 replies to this topic
LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:43 AM Edited by LoneWolfATL, 05 November 2011 - 03:09 AM.

Now that the new trailer has been released you can see that the cop cars have not changed one bit from GTA IV, well, I take that back, they have new gay light bars and are a different color. They still look similar to 92-97 Ford Crown Vics with fat rotator bars and no other equipment.

Quote from R* games GTA V trailer comment page:
"If you want our attention on something or if you have something unrelated you'd like to say, email us at [email protected]"

I say let's all email them and push for better in game police vehicles. I would personally love to see some cop cars that are highly similar to the newest Ford Crown Vic body style 98-11, the 2012 Chevy Caprice, the Dodge Chargers, Chevy Tahoe PPV's, or even Ford Expedition's or F-150's and of course LED lighting including in the grille, deck, reverse lights, taillights, headlights, windshield, etc. I equip police cars for a living and know for a fact that there are a whole lot of people who would buy the game just based on this. So far Saints Row has done the best when it comes to this, but even they're cars could be better.

I really am not trying to spam, but to give everyone an idea of the type of vehicles that I think would be awesome to see in the game, check out the pics of the cars on my website, www.martelevs.com or even type it into google to find some cool pics.

For those who would like to have a message to copy and paste in an email here is one that you could use:

Rockstar Games,
I saw the announcement trailer for GTA V and can't wait! I only saw one thing in the trailer that I believe needs to be changed before the final release however. The police cars are the same as GTA IV which is old looking and boring. A massive percentage of the GTA community is eager for a change in the emergency vehicle systems in the game. As you can see by the PC versions of your games the emergency vehicles are always the first thing that players mod. Not to mention that there are also huge numbers of online players that participate in "Public Safety Clans." The police vehicles, ambulances, etc should be based off of more recent vehicles and if possible made as similar to the real deal as possible to add to the realistic feeling. For example some 98-11 body style Crown Vics would be nice and definitely lots of LED lighting. Online public safety game modes where players could play out realistic scenarios as police officers, EMT's, and fire fighters would also be an incredible addition.

Thank you for your time spent reading this message out of your busy schedules.

Regards,
INSERT NAME

TO KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE PLEASE POST A REPLY THAT YOU EMAILED THEM.

THANKS!
  • smokey__, Apex Predator, PhillBellic and 3 others like this

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

Buffalo police car for sure. Maybe a Mesa Grande version for the country side and off road? Just my thoughts :-)
  • NecroNeedle likes this

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

Someone already explained this quite well and I quote:

QUOTE (Mr Black)

Posted: Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 02:52

QUOTE (Original Light @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 23:34)
Has anyone else noticed that the Police car is nearly the same as GTA IV? Just the lightbar and the color are diffrent. confused.gif

Makes sense, why would they change the model of the car? both the NYPD and the LAPD use Ford Crown Victorias
It's more realistic, but yes i do hope the cars from GTA IV are not just pasted into this game with no new additions..it is obviously good to keep some of them i mean, look at the III era...from III to SA many cars featured eachtime, granted they were often remoddled due to the times the games were set apart, this game is probably set in 2010-2012..a mere two year difference. i guess it's just realistic to have the same models around.

LAPD Crown Victoria

user posted image

NYPD Crown Victoria

user posted image

VIPERGTSR01
  • VIPERGTSR01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:01 AM Edited by VIPERGTSR01, 03 November 2011 - 09:03 AM.

The Australian designed/made 2012 Chevrolet Caprices would be a great car to include, isn't California one of the states that are using them?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:01 AM Edited by AceRay, 27 November 2012 - 01:14 AM.

I'd like one of those crazy Lamborghini police cars from italy as a bonus car.

user posted image
  • KingMidget145 likes this

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (VIPERGTSR01 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 09:01)
The Australian made 2012 Chevrolet Caprices would be a great car to include, isn't California one of the states that are using them?

Thought that thet stepped over on Crown Vics? Caprices where used till the late 90s by the FBI and CIA?

VIPERGTSR01
  • VIPERGTSR01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 09:02)
QUOTE (VIPERGTSR01 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 09:01)
The Australian made 2012 Chevrolet Caprices would be a great car to include, isn't California one of the states that are using them?

Thought that thet stepped over on Crown Vics? Caprices where used till the late 90s by the FBI and CIA?

Here it is

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

Maybe it's because I'm from the UK and have a soft spot for Americana but I love Crown Victorias. I've never seen one in the flesh but they're cool.
  • Colognenigguh and Mr. Tibbs like this

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

Another cool modification would be the ability to control the lights like real police vehicles and individually from the siren like front, rear, direction left, etc. and even the ability to buy and modify any vehicle in the game with this type of equipment. Much like how people were modifying the police cars for GTA IV on the PC. And to respond to the earlier comment about keeping them the same since it's the same time period as GTA IV, that makes sense, but I still think that they should be changed even if it means making an update that upgrades the GTA IV police vehicles. That might even make other people who never owned GTA IV want to buy it.
  • smokey__ and BlakeAlv like this

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

I sent them an email, myself, actually, asking if they could take another look at the police/emergency vehicle lightbars.

The first thing the PC community do is change the police cars and fix the light bars, so it's not like Rockstar could've somehow missed that. There are thousands of youtube videos of people just showing off their Police cars or ambulances in action, all with proper lightbars that don't just have a graphically poor red/blue haze on top of the car that's supposed to be the lighting.

This guy has the right idea:

http://www.youtube.c...n_order&list=UL

Skip to 30 seconds and look at the fantastic detail in the lighting effects. Makes Rockstars' own efforts look embarrassing. They spend so much time adding details to the city that they completely overlook an easy and accurate update to the most common vehicle you'll see in the game sad.gif
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

Tipper
  • Tipper

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

I'm cool with the Crown Vics, it's one of the few american cars I like. That said, V will feature countryside so we can expect different police vehicles.

mmmfloorpie
  • mmmfloorpie

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

I've been waiting since GTA3 for the next big GTA game to have a more "comphrensive emergency lighting system" on vehicles... And every time I've been disappointed... 10 years of disappointment...

Atleast the bar in the trailer has the three red, white and blue lights...

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Is it the LSPD or SAPD?

ColeIsaac
  • ColeIsaac

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

Someone already explained this quite well and I quote?

Eh ... it's not really "realistic" at all. The Crown Victoria model the GTA IV Police Cruisers were based on ('92-'97) are a little old to still be in service as cop cars in a major city in 2012. Hell, they were even a bit to old when IV came out back in 2008. They should build an all-new model for the Cruiser based on the newer Crown Victoria ('98-'11) or the new Caprice.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

Am I correct in believing there are three kinds of police car used in US cities? Marked (black steel wheels, Police paintjob, searchlights, lightbar, rambars, dash computer, suspect partition, upgraded drivetrain, reinforced suspension), unmarked (same as marked except for flat black paint, no lightbar, perhaps black alloy wheels) & Undercover (all evidence it's a Police car, inside & out, removed, totally civilian look, but retained upgraded drivetrain & reinforced suspension, plus concealed lights & siren)?

All should be included, each with their own parameters of use.

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

This is what I said in the email:

Hello Rockstar,

I saw the trailer for GTA V and I was very impressed!! The graphics look amazing and the detail looks great but one issue I see in this trailer is the police cars. There basically are the same... The GTA community wants to see better and a little more realistic police cars. love to see some cop cars that are highly similar to the newest Ford Crown Vic body style 98-11, the 2012 Chevy Caprice, the Dodge Chargers, Chevy Tahoe PPV's, or even Ford Expedition's or F-150's and of course LED lighting including in the grille, deck, reverse lights, taillights, headlights, windshield, etc.

And if you can I do run a GTA IV police clan and so many others aswell. Hundred if not thousands of people are in them. Were not asking for alot. And if you are having mulitplayer please still have the basic settings in the GTA IV lobby so I can still run my police clan. Thanks R* and I can't wait for this game to come out

-Spencer

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (SlickSpencer8 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 04:50)
This is what I said in the email:

Hello Rockstar,

I saw the trailer for GTA V and I was very impressed!! The graphics look amazing and the detail looks great but one issue I see in this trailer is the police cars. There basically are the same... The GTA community wants to see better and a little more realistic police cars. love to see some cop cars that are highly similar to the newest Ford Crown Vic body style 98-11, the 2012 Chevy Caprice, the Dodge Chargers, Chevy Tahoe PPV's, or even Ford Expedition's or F-150's and of course LED lighting including in the grille, deck, reverse lights, taillights, headlights, windshield, etc.

And if you can I do run a GTA IV police clan and so many others aswell. Hundred if not thousands of people are in them. Were not asking for alot. And if you are having mulitplayer please still have the basic settings in the GTA IV lobby so I can still run my police clan. Thanks R* and I can't wait for this game to come out

-Spencer

I'm going to copy and paste that in my email, but I don't run a police clan, so i'm going to take that part out.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for supporting my thread to those who already have. It's true that there are thousands of players that look forward to better emergency vehicles every time a new game comes out, and we are always disappointed. Hopefully if enough of us send emails we will get a response and change not only the way emergency vehicles are made in GTA, but other future games as well since GTA is known by everyone. Also @ SlickSpecncer8 I thought I was reading my own email quoted for a second biggrin.gif .

SlickSpencer8
  • SlickSpencer8

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (LoneWolfATL @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 12:03)
@ SlickSpecncer8 I thought I was reading my own email quoted for a second biggrin.gif .

Yeah, I got very lazy so I just decided to copy and paste some parts you had!!

Please everyone that has read this please send this email to them. Even though you may not like "POLICE" we do and it would be greatly appreciated if you did this for us! - Spencer

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

To make it even easier I added an email that can be copied, pasted, and emailed to R*. And to add to Spencer's latest post it's true that R* already has the criminal playing audience in their pocket, but now can be the time to get the emergency service lovers in their pocket as well. There are two types of people in this world, those who are or support cops, and those who hate them, AKA Cops and Robbers.

LoneWolfATL
  • LoneWolfATL

Deputy

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

Let's not let this posting die. What type of specific vehicles and equipment setups would you like to see? I personally would like to see Expeditions or Tahoes in the countryside, F-150s on the beaches, newer Crown Vics as the Marked LSPD cars, PPV Tahoes as a State police vehicle, and I suppose Chargers as the FBI or FIB cars. And of course LED light bars on the marked cars, strobes, headlight flashers, and interior lighting for the unmarked vehicles.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

How about telling them to add controllable searchlight on the police cars like in real life that's been something I wanted to see added for years, would be great for multiplayer and shouldn't be hard to add since there's already a spotlight mounted on the cars just doesn't do anything

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Gravedigger69 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 07:24)
How about telling them to add controllable searchlight on the police cars like in real life that's been something I wanted to see added for years, would be great for multiplayer and shouldn't be hard to add since there's already a spotlight mounted on the cars just doesn't do anything

That would be hard, as you have to have a script, animation, alot of coding, and texturing the reflections. So no, it would not be easy.

Mr. Mysterious
  • Mr. Mysterious

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Gravedigger69 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 14:24)

Ideas like this are simply asking too much. You forget that this is a GTA game, not a police simulation. Sure, it would be nice to have a working spotlight, individually controllable lights and siren amongst other things, but really, you have to take things into perspective and realise that the vast majority of GTA players really wouldn't give a damn about it. Instead, I think that something which genuinely is important is giving the cop cars some love and making them look less like 1997 stock cars that belong in some scrapyard, but you do this by introducing more accurate representations of their real life counterparts, rather than spending a lot of unnecessary development time working on features that only 2% of GTA players would use.

What we really need is better cars, unmarked and marked, like the Buffalo and Sultan, with credible emergency lighting that really gives you the thrill of the police chase, similar to the effects in games like NFS: HP.

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 14:27)
QUOTE (Gravedigger69 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 07:24)

That would be hard, as you have to have a script, animation, alot of coding, and texturing the reflections. So no, it would not be easy.

Yeah, maybe for someone who's modding the game... this is the game developers were talking about here.. I'm sure they can do that... Also in the trailer you see the spotlamp already mounted on the car like in GTA IV also so why can't players be able to use it? I don't know why rockstar adds things you can't use or interact with

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Mysterious @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 14:44)
QUOTE (Gravedigger69 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 14:24)

Ideas like this are simply asking too much. You forget that this is a GTA game, not a police simulation. Sure, it would be nice to have a working spotlight, individually controllable lights and siren amongst other things, but really, you have to take things into perspective and realise that the vast majority of GTA players really wouldn't give a damn about it. Instead, I think that something which genuinely is important is giving the cop cars some love and making them look less like 1997 stock cars that belong in some scrapyard, but you do this by introducing more accurate representations of their real life counterparts, rather than spending a lot of unnecessary development time working on features that only 2% of GTA players would use.

What we really need is better cars, unmarked and marked, like the Buffalo and Sultan, with credible emergency lighting that really gives you the thrill of the police chase, similar to the effects in games like NFS: HP.

Well yes I agree with that , but then why do they go and put one on the car already? just for looks? If they add it there we should be able to interact with it

DiepekeelGTA
  • DiepekeelGTA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Your cause is just and noble, good sir. I too, am a big supporter of realistic emergency vehicles. Driver San Francisco did it with ease as you can see below.

user posted image

This is exactly how I want police vehicles in GTA V to look, nothing too fancy, just straight up authentic police vehicles.

It is beyond me as to why Rockstar can't seem to get this thing right. They're one of the most creative and talented developers around. Just looking at the attention to detail they put in their environments is a sign of this. But yet, like said before, one of the most recurring and important vehicles of the game are over-looked.

Gravedigger69
  • Gravedigger69

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

Everyone should shoot them an email about this.... Rockstar gives fans what they want and they'll listen if enough people bring up the issue

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

If anyone cares, the following is a copy/paste of my email;

Dear Sir/Madam,

Seen as this email address is seemingly a general "moan at us" email, I just thought I'd write a quick email asking if it were possible for Rockstar to take a quick look at their design/use of emergency service vehicles in the upcoming GTA V videogame (which has no release date, so must still be getting tweaked).

The light effects, lightbars, etc. on the in-game Police cars, ambulances, etc. are always made to a scarily poor standard by rockstar, which is strange considering the amount of detail that gets put into other areas of the game, yet Police vehicles are so prevalent in the series (and as I'm sure the company have noticed, the first thing the PC modding community do with the game, is change the lightbars on the emergency vehicles).

A very quick Youtube search leads me to this video;

http://www.youtube.c...n_order&list=UL

(skip to 1.25 for the lighting effects)

and further, a random ambulance video:

(skip to 0.30 seconds)

Anyway, you get the idea. It's almost annoyning that these efforts, put together by a bunch of random people sitting around online can embarrass Rockstar's own efforts, when there's really no reason why this should be the case. Clearly Rockstar have spent time researching their locations and vehicles, and with such a highly detailed city being put together for the new videogame, it's just a shame that a small affect that could add a whole new layer of realism will, yet again, fall under the radar and go unnoticed.

Normally I wouldn't bother emailing or complaining about it, but I felt that seen as, as said above, the first thing any PC user ever does is change the police cars, that my argument might carry a bit of weight and Rockstar may spend a little bit of time tweaking their emergency service vehicles (an entire online community can't be wrong (a youtube search for "GTA IV Police mod" returns over 12,000 matches. If even only half of them are related to the search, then that's still 6,000 videos just showing off a new lightbar and police system).

I hope you will take my comments or opinion onboard to try and give the next GTA game an additional depth of reality.

Thanks for your time

Shane

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

This is R* - they will bring out a few various cop vehicles. They always have. Hopefully not online only ones this time tho.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users