Photo

'Los Santos Only' Discussion (Merged)

1,412 replies to this topic
vijay.genius1
  • vijay.genius1

GTA FTW

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (FCM @ Thursday, May 10 2012, 06:42)
QUOTE (canttakemyid @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 18:35)
QUOTE (Huntley_Sport @ Wednesday, May 9 2012, 14:29)
I blame xbox 360 with its limited disc storage capacity. PS3 ftw!!

I blame MP3.

WE blame MP3.

I want an official 'WE BLAME MP3' day

libertycityfilms
  • libertycityfilms

LCF

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (vijay.genius1 @ Friday, May 11 2012, 18:52)

I blame MP3.

WE blame MP3.

That's just stupid.Don't blame the game itself,blame the marketing department damn it!

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

Imagine:
Driving through Los Santos, then heading for the hills and countryside... Tree on your right, mountain on your left, and after a while your right back in Los Santos...
That doesn't sound logic, fun and real at all!
There has to be at least one more city on the other side of the countryside... why else would you go there?

I'm pretty sure it's a re-make of San Andreas, maybe not the same cities, but the same concept of countryside and cities.

[DOK]MAFIABOSS
  • [DOK]MAFIABOSS

GTA V Madness

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (initium @ Friday, May 11 2012, 20:19)
Imagine:
Driving through Los Santos, then heading for the hills and countryside... Tree on your right, mountain on your left, and after a while your right back in Los Santos...
That doesn't sound logic, fun and real at all!
There has to be at least one more city on the other side of the countryside... why else would you go there?

I'm pretty sure it's a re-make of San Andreas, maybe not the same cities, but the same concept of countryside and cities.

fact is very simple

This not JUST Cause Game where countryside, jungle and a tiny city naaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's GTA there are some new city might be found

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

I think It may have been said before, but if LS is going to the game's 'main' I think perhaps a compromise would be neat.

As in, the game starts in LA, but later has expies of Oxnard and San Diego (the biggest cities directly north and south of LA that aren't really just glorified suburbs (i.e. Malibu) and farmland, woods, and a big desert with some returning small towns:
Palomino Creek
Blueberry
Montgomery
Dillimore
Angel Pine
Bayside
El Quebrados
Las Barrancas
Fort Carson

vijay.genius1
  • vijay.genius1

GTA FTW

• Members

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (libertycityfilms @ Saturday, May 12 2012, 01:16)
QUOTE (vijay.genius1 @ Friday, May 11 2012, 18:52)

I blame MP3.

WE blame MP3.

That's just stupid.Don't blame the game itself,blame the marketing department damn it!

chill bro,take it in lighter vein

Melchior
  • Melchior

Anti-Complacency League, Baby!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (FCM @ Friday, May 11 2012, 22:47)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Friday, May 11 2012, 12:02)
Can someone explain to me why they would specify Southern California and LS with "surrounding countryside, hills and beaches" if it's going to include SF and LV? Honestly, why, in your minds, would they do that?

R* likes to surprise us. They like to make us disappointed and then make us happy with a nice surprise.

That would be like McDonald's advertising a burger but keeping some of the ingredients secret because they "like to surprise" their customers - that doesn't happen and doesn't really make much sense. What you're suggesting is that they explicitly stated it would only be Southern California, but were lying in order to surprise you. Does that really sound logical?

If San Fierro was in the game they would have said "a reimagined, present day West Coast".

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Saturday, May 12 2012, 06:24)
Can someone explain to me why they would specify Southern California and LS with "surrounding countryside, hills and beaches" if it's going to include SF and LV? Honestly, why, in your minds, would they do that?

R* likes to surprise us. They like to make us disappointed and then make us happy with a nice surprise.

That would be like McDonald's advertising a burger but keeping some of the ingredients secret because they "like to surprise" their customers - that doesn't happen and doesn't really make much sense. What you're suggesting is that they explicitly stated it would only be Southern California, but were lying in order to surprise you. Does that really sound logical?

If San Fierro was in the game they would have said "a reimagined, present day West Coast".

Yeah, but food and video games are different things. Let's say that TF3 decides to market the game originally with just the 2 teams, but later reveals a new team, it'd make sense.

Melchior
  • Melchior

Anti-Complacency League, Baby!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Nations

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 03:09)

Yeah, but food and video games are different things. Let's say that TF3 decides to market the game originally with just the 2 teams, but later reveals a new team, it'd make sense.

Not if they explicitly state that there will only be two teams. Just ask yourselves: do you really think they would lie in order to give you a nice surprise? If the answer is "yes" then you're living on another planet.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 04:15)
QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 03:09)

Not if they explicitly state that there will only be two teams. Just ask yourselves: do you really think they would lie in order to give you a nice surprise? If the answer is "yes" then you're living on another planet.

Not unless it's Rockstar. They're unpredictable like North Korea is in the geopolitical world.

Tipper
  • Tipper

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

In the first weeks after the release of the trailer, I also thought they could surprise us with SF and LV later, but it's been so long since then that I don't see it happenning anymore. The main point of this surprise would be to keep the hype up in the following weeks after the trailer. But right now, the hype is kind of dead, I can't see the point.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

With the statement given by R*, it's incredibly unlikely that they will spring SF and LV on us and shout "SURPRISE!".

When they say Southern California, they almost certainly mean Southern California. LV isn't even in California, let alone SoCo.

However, it doesn't rule out other cities altogether. While R* clearly want people to not be expecting any other cities except Los Santos, they could include one or two other SoCo cities. This would still be a nice surprise, and at the same time would mean that R* haven't actually lied to us.

I wouldn't be surprised if R* have their very own GTA version of San Diego down at the bottom of the map. Other additional SoCo cities are a possibility, but If they only add one, I'd bet on SD.

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Will people stop the "Las Vegas isn't in California" argument? I'm no optimist in LV or SF, but just because Las Vegas isn't in California doesn't mean it won't be in the game. First, Rockstar can freely interpret the world in any way they want. If they want California and Nevada as one megastate called San Andreas (which they did in 2004), so be it. My second argument is that many miss the word "re-imagined". We're not in SoCal, we're in Southern San Andreas. Since LV is more closer to LA than SF, it makes PERFECT sense t for LV to be in this fictional region, thus, making this argument invalid.

hithere5
  • hithere5

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 17:19)
Will people stop the "Las Vegas isn't in California" argument? I'm no optimist in LV or SF, but just because Las Vegas isn't in California doesn't mean it won't be in the game. First, Rockstar can freely interpret the world in any way they want. If they want California and Nevada as one megastate called San Andreas (which they did in 2004), so be it. My second argument is that many miss the word "re-imagined". We're not in SoCal, we're in Southern San Andreas. Since LV is more closer to LA than SF, it makes PERFECT sense t for LV to be in this fictional region, thus, making this argument invalid.

True, true.

"That would be like McDonald's advertising a burger but keeping some of the ingredients secret because they "like to surprise" their customers - that doesn't happen and doesn't really make much sense. What you're suggesting is that they explicitly stated it would only be Southern California, but were lying in order to surprise you. Does that really sound logical?
If San Fierro was in the game they would have said "a reimagined, present day West Coast". "

Nope, thatīs a bad example. Look at this:

Itīs in german, so ignore the language. Skip to 7:49.

Ned Flanders could have just placed the "finished" chocolate on the sill. But he shows Bart first the "unfinished" version to get his attention. Then he continues to improve the chocolate more and more right before Bartīs eyes until he canīt stand it anymore.
I feel like R* is going to do the same with us. They show us only Los Santos, which looks good, but as time moves on they will show us more about the game/map which makes it even more perfect until everyone starts to pre-order.
This is marketing, my friend. Done right by Ned Flanders and perhaps done right by R*.

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 10:19)

If the game contained LV and/or SF it would be a re-imagined San Andreas not a re-imagined Southern California.

A re-imagined thing still fits the definition of the thing. A re-imagined Battlestar Galactica produced by a guy who produced Star Trek does not feature Klingons. Rockstar chose their words to keep expectations limited to what those words say.

RedRambo2
  • RedRambo2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

I will mainly stay in the ghetto area of the game committing murders,robberies,fights mainly murders.Sounds too fun all ready

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Los Santos the major city... Why does people think that the map will feature the entire San Andreas ? It's only Los Santos... -.-' . And stop with this bullsh*t with PS3... PS3 owners are all egoists... just want the games for their consoles... Wtf...

Kevert
  • Kevert

The Godfather

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 18:36)
QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 10:19)

If the game contained LV and/or SF it would be a re-imagined San Andreas not a re-imagined Southern California.

A re-imagined thing still fits the definition of the thing. A re-imagined Battlestar Galactica produced by a guy who produced Star Trek does not feature Klingons. Rockstar chose their words to keep expectations limited to what those words say.

No, if they had said re-imagined San Andreas that would have given it away. Personally I think re-imagined means it could be anything in the general area of West America merged together and could well be a hint that SF and LV may return. Also imagine the hype that would come if in the next trailer BAM! Two more cities people look at this. Also remember that for San Andreas they only revealed Los Santos in the first trailer and the other two in the second trailer so this wouldn't be a new move for R*. Most people would have themselves believe that LS is the only city so they won't be disappointed but I cannot deny that I will be if LS is the only city. I want at least one more city like San Diego for example. Also, R* argued that planes weren't in IV because there was nowhere to fly to yet they are in V so again maybe a hint that there is another city.

Lil.Scooter24
  • Lil.Scooter24

BrolyGTA5

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

seems legit

gtav nut
  • gtav nut

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

i think S.F and L.V will be in GTAV,

heres why: That plane ticket of Nikos says flying to SAN ANDREAS, NOT LOS SANTOS.

i don't know what way american tickets work, but i would say if he was flying from L.C til L.S then it would just say the city he was going to on the ticket and not the state.

anyone agree??

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

I think Los Santos wont be the only city. Why would R* reveal so much in the first trailer. They're of course saving some information that can take over the whole E3. At leased I would've done that.
I don't think we will see San Francisco. Not interesting enough. My guess is Los Santos, Las Vegas and San Diego. Since the attention of the Mexican cartels is so high these years I think we will see some kinda drug activities in San Diego / Tijuana.

gtav nut
  • gtav nut

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (HOAXi @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 10:44)
I think Los Santos wont be the only city. Why would R* reveal so much in the first trailer. They're of course saving some information that can take over the whole E3. At leased I would've done that.
I don't think we will see San Francisco. Not interesting enough. My guess is Los Santos, Las Vegas and San Diego. Since the attention of the Mexican cartels is so high these years I think we will see some kinda drug activities in San Diego / Tijuana.

thats plausible.

either way, ther is going to be more than 1 main city.

the clue is in the san andreas trailers.

and before people start saying R* said this and R* said that!!, f*ck you, if R* said this will be the last GTA would you believe them, probably would gullible c*nts.

Zulu2065
  • Zulu2065

I'm Dat banned nigga' yo mamma warned you about

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

I think that this will be just Los Santos, but you have to be crazy to say it's also not San Andreas, there is countryside, and that is San Andreas, not Los Santos.

Los Santos looks like the size of LC or a bit bigger from the trailer.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm okay with only Los Santos, as long as it's a big map with variety. Don't need Fierro and Venturas.

GamingPledge
  • GamingPledge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

There Must Be Well Atleast I Hope It's San Andreas But If It Was Only Los Santos Whats The Point In Having Airplanes If There's Only One Airport Not Unless There's One In The Country Like Outside Las Venturas.

ThisThatSwag
  • ThisThatSwag

Jordan's on my feet. GTA in my Xbox. Only the best.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (GamingPledge @ Saturday, Jun 16 2012, 18:55)
There Must Be Well Atleast I Hope It's San Andreas But If It Was Only Los Santos Whats The Point In Having Airplanes If There's Only One Airport Not Unless There's One In The Country Like Outside Las Venturas.

Right? Planes wouldn't make sense for only one city.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:00 PM Edited by poklane, 16 June 2012 - 07:04 PM.

I think Rockstar said it would be Los Santos only, with surrounding hills, beaches and landscapes, I'll try to find.
UPDATE: This is quoted from the newswire: 'Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.'
I wouldn't be surprised if we would get a city almost the size GTA: SA, so that Los Santos has 'eaten' the other cities that are in San Andreas.

RockstarRocksLOL
  • RockstarRocksLOL

Top notch player

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

It's based on SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, folks!!!!

Main city = Los Santos = Los Angeles. ŋThe only city? Surely not, but the biggest with difference, yes.

Countryside = yes, confirmed by R*

The whole San Andreas state reinvented = no, only L.S. and countryside. The map we'll be able to play in, is not the whole San Andreas, but it is a PART of it in the GTA universe. If not, we'd have SF and LV.

PPL seem to be forgetting this.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (ThisThatSwag @ Saturday, Jun 16 2012, 18:58)

Yes it does.

-> Fans were very dissapointed cause there werent any planes IV.
-> It's not cause we can only see and play in Los Santos that the rest of the world is gone..
-> The army, cropdusters, private planes, ..

Planes = more cities is a very very weak argument people.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (chuckberry04 @ Saturday, Jun 16 2012, 19:22)
QUOTE (ThisThatSwag @ Saturday, Jun 16 2012, 18:58)

Yes it does.

-> Fans were very dissapointed cause there werent any planes IV.
-> It's not cause we can only see and play in Los Santos that the rest of the world is gone..
-> The army, cropdusters, private planes, ..

Planes = more cities is a very very weak argument people.

Fans were disappointed with IV because of that ? The city was too small for a Plane... And is awesome to get your car and take a ride in Broker Bridge, Steinway.../ GTA V will be different... I'm expecting i big and detailed map. Los Santos and Countrysides... A perfect place for planes and helicopters already confirmed in the trailer...
As rockstar did with Liberty City and New York... Rockstar will do it againg with Los Santos and Los Angeles. Let's just wait

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users