» «
Photo

'Los Santos Only' Discussion (Merged)

1,412 replies to this topic
NickA92
  • NickA92

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:26 PM Edited by NickA92, 03 November 2011 - 12:17 PM.

As of yet Rockstar have NOT confirmed the entirety of San Andreas. That IGN article only refers to the trailer, they haven't got any insider knowledge from R*.
And before everyone states that "The licence plates confirm everything",
the licence plates in GTA IV said the words "Liberty City State", but yet we only had one city. Not multiple cities and/or countryside.

What we saw in the trailer confirms LS and what seems like a decent chuck of countryside and mountainous regions.
As much as that I hope there is more to this game than just Los Santos, we have no confirmation that we will have any more.
But at the same time we have no confirmation that we wont!

Just don't get carried away before you know the full details, because being calm about it now, is nothing compared to how rage-worthy everyone will be if it does turn out to be only Los Santos.

Rockstar Anouncment

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:28 PM Edited by Long_Haired_Boy, 03 November 2011 - 03:04 PM.

They really are. Im doubt it will be worth it to do all the cities again.

UPDATE

Well, here’s the word from Rockstar themselves:

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

It's almost definitely focused on the Vinewood area. But it looks much bigger than the old Los Santos.

dre1218us
  • dre1218us

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

Yeah it's crazy how people are running with this.

IGN was basing that article based off the trailer, not a real R* source.

But by the next trailer we'll know what's up

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

Im sorry bro I did not actually read your post as im too excited right now to read but judging from your title im going to say this:

There is alot of evidence saying it is the whole of Sanandreas like the fact that there is country side you can also see portions of what look like Las Venturas and San Fierro and even if it is just a small portion of Sanandreas this game is going to be epic just look at the trailer bro its AMAZING icon14.gif .

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

Ummm hello it is whavever you want to call it , SA, SA mommy, Los Santos V, it has jets so it is a big city remember why R* didnt have planes in IV, bc the city was small. Why cant people understand this, it will be SA or whatever they call it, but it will NOT NOT NOT be one city or town or whatever you want to call it, it WILL be multiple settings that are huge.

gtatheory
  • gtatheory

Another topic--- trolls in coming!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

if not have the 3 cities, will be catastrophic
imagine another gta4 now in Los Santos?
I dont think so if exists airplanes in trailer its t mean to have a lot of ground to overfly

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

It's definitely only Los Santos and surrounding areas - if you look at how detailed the city is, you'll know that to be true. They wouldn't be able to fit both cities on a disc.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Why would they merely focus on one city?

Next trailer will show the next city, for sure.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

We've seen nothing so far that suggests the whole of San Andreas will be available and quite honestly, I'd rather just have a big detailed Los Santos.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Alderney was a state (based off New Jersey).

I don't know if it will be the entire San Andreas yet, but I'm really hoping for it. GTA SA was awesome with all of its variety in locations!

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

yes but country was shown, LS was shown, desert was shown and mountains where shown. Plus the licence plate said SA.

remember the original SA trailer only showed Los Santos and we were all suprised to see it have was more then LS. Remember that...

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 19:34)
yes but country was shown, LS was shown, desert was shown and mountains where shown. Plus the licence plate said SA.

All of which can be found near Los Angeles. It doesn't mean there will be other cities. And of course the licence plate said SA, LS is in SA. It's the name of the state that goes on the plate. Doesn't mean anything.

GrandTheftDildo
  • GrandTheftDildo

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

LV, SF & Vice will be DLC I reckon. I'm sure RS will wanna start fresh for the next gen.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 18:37)

All of which can be found near Los Angeles. It doesn't mean there will be other cities. And of course the licence plate said SA, LS is in SA. It's the name of the state that goes on the plate. Doesn't mean anything.

What about the extremely fast jets? I doubt they'd have them in only to be able to fly them for one minute...

Look at the signs. Look for the blurry "san fierro highway".

mantis117
  • mantis117

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Good article. it's nice to see a measured response to the trailer unlike the "OMGZ SAN ANDREAS CONFIRMED!" responses which have cluttered the internet so far. Even if it is more or less the whole state of SA i don't think it will have much resemblance to the San Andreas we all know and love.
Just be thankful we have this much info pick apart from a first trailer, Iv's trailer showed nothing apart from Niko and bits of liberty city.

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (GrandTheftDildo @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 18:38)
LV, SF & Vice will be DLC I reckon. I'm sure RS will wanna start fresh for the next gen.

Entire cities for DLC? Are you crazy? Do you know how much work it takes Rockstar to create such intricately detailed cities? There is no way they would add an entire new city in DLC, not even the slightest chance.

sf15
  • sf15

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Remix @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 18:40)

What about the extremely fast jets? I doubt they'd have them in only to be able to fly them for one minute...

It says DEL PERRO fwy not San Fierro.

Officer Tenpenny is a bad man
  • Officer Tenpenny is a bad man

OG

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (NickA92 @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 18:26)
As of yet Rockstar have NOT confirmed the entirety of San Andreas. That IGN article only refers to the trailer, they haven't got any insider knowledge from R*.
And before everyone states that "The licence plates confirm everything",
the licence plates in GTA IV said the words "Liberty City State", but yet we only had one city. Not multiple cities and/or countryside.

What we saw in the trailer confirms LS and what seems like a decent chuck of countryside and mountainous regions.
As much as that I hope there is more to this game than just Los Santos, we have no confirmation that we will have any more.
But at the same time we have no confirmation that we wont!

Just don't get carried away before you know the full details, because being calm about it now, is nothing compared to how rage-worthy everyone will be if it does turn out to be only Los Santos.

IGN are idiots I dont care if its just LS it looks to have enough variety so it'll be great!

Jorei
  • Jorei

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

If i remember right the first trailer of SA focused on Los santos too.But as we all know SA isnt only Los santos and we saw a little desert in the V trailer which suggests that there may be Las Venturas too.

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

Remember what one of the Houser brothers (I don't know who exactly) told about the missing planes in IV?

"There are no planes because there is nothing to fly to."

Since we now know that there will be planes in V, you know where that quite obviously leads to...

wink.gif

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

QUOTE (Remix @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 19:40)

I'll admit the jets are the best argument for a whole state, but i'm still not convinced. This version of LS could be the size of the old SA.

I never saw a sign saying San Fierro.

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

QUOTE (Jorei @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 18:43)
If i remember right the first trailer of SA focused on Los santos too.But as we all know SA isnt only Los santos and we saw a little desert in the V trailer which suggests that there may be Las Venturas too.

There was no desert in the trailer...

thundercrack
  • thundercrack

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

If they went back to san andreas and said ok let only do one city though we had three city's last gen and we only took up 2.5 gb on a 3.5gb disc they would be crazy they have 9 gb to work with on a xbox 360 disc and 50 gb on a blu ray i think they can build the state of san andreas and have citys 3x as big as in the frist game.

EiNoRiUkS
  • EiNoRiUkS

Player Hater

• Members

Did anyone notice a dog on the beach?

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

QUOTE (Mr. Cozzarelli @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 18:44)

Remember what one of the Houser brothers (I don't know who exactly) told about the missing planes in IV?

Since we now know that there will be planes in V, you know where that quite obviously leads to...

wink.gif

Exactly!

The first trailer of SA only showed one city too.

At the moment, there's no real solid proof besides speculation. They haven't shown other cities, just given big hints towards them. It's just common sense to me that they'd have more than one city, especially when they know how varied the environments were in SA.

RDR was HUGE. Why would they take a step back and only have one mainland? Heck, even GTA IV had distinct areas.

lord sh...t-head
  • lord sh...t-head

Lord

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

People keep forgetting why there are no airplanes in gta IV
This trailer shows that there is flyable airplanes (if not its going to suck)
so i'm guessing its going to be full San Andreas.
EDIT:DERP somebody already said this

crapmadgig
  • crapmadgig

Ruthless Criminal

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

The fast jets, countryside, "Fierro" highway in the trailer, plus the dirt road that resembles the one which led to Las Venturas in the original SA show it's going to be set in the entire San andreas.

Rockstar wouldn't disappoint its fans by teasing San Andreas with the license plates and stuff and then leaving out two of the most iconic cities in GTA franchise (especially Las Venturas, which was EPIC)

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

I'm confused now.

We need more informations. Let's wait for further update. At least we know it's going to be Los Santos with countryside. For now.
I'm happy.

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Cozzarelli @ Wednesday, Nov 2 2011, 18:44)

wink.gif

And they got nothing but sh*t from the so-called fans for that. They pretty much had to add planes into this game no matter what. But there appears to be a much larger area to fly over. Just seeing how vast Los Santos looks at certain points in the trailer, it is pretty clear that there is no possible way they could have San Fierro or Las Venturas as well. It doesn't seem like it would even be technically possible. Los Santos and its surrounding countryside and mountains will make for the biggest and most detailed GTA map yet. Expecting 3 cities is completely unrealistic.

With cities as large as GTA V's Los Santos, they would need to have a much larger countryside in between multiple cities, otherwise it would seem unrealistic and you could see one city's skyline in the distance from another. At that point, it becomes pretty clear that it's not going to happen. There are going to be a ton of sorely disappointed people when (not if) it is revealed that Los Santos is the only city.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users