Photo

GTA V Trailer 1

10,248 replies to this topic
CarnivorousPope
  • CarnivorousPope

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Buffaloro @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 00:06)
QUOTE (CarnivorousPope @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:55)
QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:52)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:45)
QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:39)
The image is pretty blurry and it's nearly impossible to make out if he even is bald as our view of him is being blocked by the two men exiting the vehicle. I think it's a fairly long stretch in all honesty.

He isn't bald.. he has kind of a buzz cut.

Also, don't be ridiculous, he wouldn't just wear a white tank top on a heist, even if he is only the getaway driver

Yet there he is... wearing a white tank top on a heist.

Man, you must have some pretty amazing vision. It's great that you can make out that he is only wearing a tank top by looking at a couple of blurry pixels, really.

Hey I don't think you would do a heist in a tank top either and it seems strange to me but I do see him as the same guy in a white tank top.

I think we are talking about the guy in the red car, not the one running in the alley. wink.gif
EDIT: Forget about that, thought you typed 'I don't see him as the same guy in a white tank top.' Sorry. My eyes are sleepy, I'll go to sleep now.

user posted image

what? We're talking about the guy in the car being the same as the guy in the van yes?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

I wonder if its possible to pop the trunk. I mean. We've seen the top that can go down.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:16 AM Edited by zzcool, 04 November 2011 - 12:20 AM.

i posted about this already but in text so im posting it in picture form to be more clear instead (same atmosphere so it is most likely not the sf bridge)

user posted image

user posted image

Buffaloro
  • Buffaloro

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (CarnivorousPope @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 00:09)
-snip-

what? We're talking about the guy in the car being the same as the guy in the van yes?

Yeah, sorry about that, I edited the post. But keep up the good work people, I enjoy reading this stuff. smile.gif

bucsfan
  • bucsfan

I'm the voice of the people, like Moses, only keepin it real

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:19 AM

Anybody else notice when there's the 3 hikers by the huge mountain that the clouds are moving? Maybe we'll see a cloud generator (or whatever you would call it) like in FarCry 2

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

if yo ulook in the back of the work out location you can see a guy lifting weights in the back

mooby346
  • mooby346

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

Has anybody actually considered the possibly that GTA V might have a new protagonist never before seen in other games (not counting games like VCS, LCS, TBOGT, TLAD)? Crazy, I know, considering they've only done it in every other GTA 3 dimensional game ever created, but it's definitely doable imo.

ZiukoT
  • ZiukoT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

Bradley Cooper casting in GTA Five?

They do look alike, it could be some funny night clubbing character like Brucie Kibutz was bacn in IV.

Guy being thrown out of Te Qui La La night club?

user posted image

And him in real life?

user posted image

What do you think?

Guys in The Hangover went to LV from LA.

So he could possibly be in GTA Five.

Pleasure_Pier
  • Pleasure_Pier

Cult Member

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

For anyone who likes the music track from the trailer: smile.gif

http://dl.dropbox.co.....one Flake.mp3

the sean
  • the sean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

user posted image

Is it just me or does this sorta look like a train?

beggin
  • beggin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:51 AM Edited by beggin, 04 November 2011 - 12:58 AM.

Claude in GTA V?

user posted image

user posted image

Halo_Override
  • Halo_Override

Dilettante

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (mooby346 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 17:25)
Has anybody actually considered the possibly that GTA V might have a new protagonist never before seen in other games (not counting games like VCS, LCS, TBOGT, TLAD)? Crazy, I know, considering they've only done it in every other GTA 3 dimensional game ever created, but it's definitely doable imo.

What is that, some kind of crazy lunatic talk? I don't understand, it's like you're not even using real words! SOMEONE RELEASE ME FROM THIS MADNESS!

ťaťa
  • ťaťa

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

^^^^^ Interesting. I can't say it doesn't look like him.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

I kind of think the Claude theory is more likely... eventhough my gut feelings say it's a totally new character.

It'd be a daring move of them. From a mute f*ck to a talking person. It's like making Gordon Freeman suddenly talk...

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:59 AM

The elderly man might ble claude or perhaps Tommy, if so, you'll probably be working for that person.

The main person is probably someone new.

mute!
  • mute!

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Florin @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:54)
QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:52)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:45)
QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:39)
The image is pretty blurry and it's nearly impossible to make out if he even is bald as our view of him is being blocked by the two men exiting the vehicle. I think it's a fairly long stretch in all honesty.

He isn't bald.. he has kind of a buzz cut.

Also, don't be ridiculous, he wouldn't just wear a white tank top on a heist, even if he is only the getaway driver

Yet there he is... wearing a white tank top on a heist.

Man, you must have some pretty amazing vision. It's great that you can make out that he is only wearing a tank top by looking at a couple of blurry pixels, really.

user posted image

I think he is right!

interesting. So whos the white balding guy that gets out of the van? The black guy is the one running away from the cops, the old guy is the one seen driving the blue car and looking over the city, but that one white balding guy I dont think is seen anywhere else in the trailer.

James_4991
  • James_4991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (GTA5RULESALL @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:49)
Hi all, I am new to this forum and what I am writing here is not to spam/troll, etc. I work for a Playstation magazine in the UK ( I will not be disclosing any further details....) and a select few of our team have seen via video links with Rockstar in Scotland 30 minutes of in-game footage. I have not, personally, been privy to this unfortunately but I will relay to you what I have heard so far and I promise you that none of this is BS but that is down to the lot of you fans to judge.  Ok, here goes:

1: The game world is absolutely massive and will push both xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character ( an African/American, early 30's) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wildnerness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.

2: The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less static.

3: There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.

4: There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.

5: There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....

6: Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)

7: The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc.

REAL JUICY INFO:

1: Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel  forcing the player to fill her up.

2: The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.

3: Weapons include the usual arsenal you'd aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/buidling to use as a weapon. There is also a museam where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.

4: it is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.

5: mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.

6: Character customisation is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can't be altered by race, age, height, etc.

7: Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neigbourhood houses.

8: No children NPC at all. Ever.

9: There is now an ability to grab people and use as sheilds or in "hostage" situations.

10: The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4.  The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.

11: You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.

12: You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.

13: Certain weapons can be customisable and some even home-made.

14: One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...

15: Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.

Hope you enjoy smile.gif

I am VERY skeptical, but I'm also very desperate. If this is true then wow, everything I wanted is there! I wonder if that sign for a wig shop in the trailer means you can change hair realistically now? smile.gif

White Infernus
  • White Infernus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

They do look alike, but I mean even Tommy & Claude look alike.

I just can't see Claude going from Mute to a seemingly confident, straight talking guy. Plus the fact that Claude was already living in San Andreas in 1992, this guy sounds like he's totally new to the area.

Tommy also pulled off heists (Remember holding up the guys in the Donut stores etc, plus the bank heist mission). However the only niggling problem with it being Tommy is the fact he moves here for the weather...

But if I were to choose out of the two, I'd place my money on Vercetti.

The voice over sounds nothing like Claude wink.gif...

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

I'm still going to say it isn't any past protagonist. And if it is then that just proves that eras don't mean sh*t.
If I had to guess either Claude or Tommy, I'd say Claude, because we know he once lived in SA and even owned a garage in SF.

Also I think that the old guy and the black guy are BOTH player characters. Rumours have been going around suggestion we play as more than character,
and both of those guys show up throughout the trailer, even both together during the Jewelery store heist, it seems.
I also think that the guy we see running in the alleyway from the cops is the same black guy, just with tattoos. Maybe tattoo shops are back?
This is all speculation of course, but it sure seems that way.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

The Visionary

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

If rumours are to believed then we will be taking missions from a past character.. if this is true then the past character will be the guy pictured a few posts above.

The guy does look like both Tommy and Claude however there are a couple of things that are telling me he's not them.. Tommy would be in his 60s (which this guy is not, he's in his 50s at the very most) and Claude doesn't talk (although he would be the right age group).

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (James_4991 @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 01:05)
QUOTE (GTA5RULESALL @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:49)
Hi all, I am new to this forum and what I am writing here is not to spam/troll, etc. I work for a Playstation magazine in the UK ( I will not be disclosing any further details....) and a select few of our team have seen via video links with Rockstar in Scotland 30 minutes of in-game footage. I have not, personally, been privy to this unfortunately but I will relay to you what I have heard so far and I promise you that none of this is BS but that is down to the lot of you fans to judge.á Ok, here goes:

1: The game world is absolutely massive and will push both xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character ( an African/American, early 30's) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wildnerness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.

2: The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less static.

3: There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.

4: There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.

5: There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....

6: Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)

7: The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc.

REAL JUICY INFO:

1: Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuelá forcing the player to fill her up.

2: The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.

3: Weapons include the usual arsenal you'd aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/buidling to use as a weapon. There is also a museam where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.

4: it is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.

5: mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.

6: Character customisation is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can't be altered by race, age, height, etc.

7: Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neigbourhood houses.

8: No children NPC at all. Ever.

9: There is now an ability to grab people and use as sheilds or in "hostage" situations.

10: The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4.á The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.

11: You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.

12: You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.

13: Certain weapons can be customisable and some even home-made.

14: One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...

15: Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.

Hope you enjoy smile.gif

I am VERY skeptical, but I'm also very desperate. If this is true then wow, everything I wanted is there! I wonder if that sign for a wig shop in the trailer means you can change hair realistically now? smile.gif

That sounds really nice but we have to wait and see

theonlytobyever
  • theonlytobyever

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

I think the game will be phenomenal. I think they are taking the best from IV and San Andreas and
putting them together. Realistic environments mixed with customization and a fun atmosphere. The graphics look great.
The trailer showed just enough for us to scramble to the forums with ideas. R* knows what they're doing. Multiplayer will be
incredible and it will probably have some updates. Hopefully there will be enough customization for cars, guns, etc. Nothing
over board R* didn't reach their full potential on IV. I think this game will blow us away.

Halo_Override
  • Halo_Override

Dilettante

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (James_4991 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 18:05)
I am VERY skeptical, but I'm also very desperate. If this is true then wow, everything I wanted is there! I wonder if that sign for a wig shop in the trailer means you can change hair realistically now?  smile.gif

That new poster is also claiming to know that Rockstar considered a 70s San Fierro setting but rejected it, according to what was communicated in some sort of editorial conference call between R* and an unnamed gaming mag. So, big grain of salt recommended.

James_4991
  • James_4991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Halo_Override @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 01:21)
QUOTE (James_4991 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 18:05)
I am VERY skeptical, but I'm also very desperate. If this is true then wow, everything I wanted is there! I wonder if that sign for a wig shop in the trailer means you can change hair realistically now?á smile.gif

That new poster is also claiming to know that Rockstar considered a 70s San Fierro setting but rejected it, according to what was communicated in some sort of editorial conference call between R* and an unnamed gaming mag. So, big grain of salt recommended.

Yeah, to be honest I don't believe it. But then again who knows? I'm just going to imagine how amazing that game would be though :') (Even though GTA V is going to be the best! cool.gif )

JoeM
  • JoeM

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

Im sure Decmebers playstation magazine will be out in the next 2 weeks, so if there is a next month section saying GTA V exclusive info then the leak could be right.

R* sure know how to get people taking wink.gif

chokeslamcena
  • chokeslamcena

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (JoeM @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 01:27)
Im sure Decmebers playstation magazine will be out in the next 2 weeks, so if there is a next month section saying GTA V exclusive info then the leak could be right.

I'm sure Gaming magazines, which are on their knees these days due to the internet, will give away their exclusive stories for free to online forums alright.

Come on people... Common sense. smile.gif

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

One thing I notice is there may be more vehicle variants, such as the cognoscenti convertible, chances are theres also a soft top and also probably a full roof version, and it appears there is also a semi passing across the screen with an attached trailer!!

JoeM
  • JoeM

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (chokeslamcena @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 01:35)
QUOTE (JoeM @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 01:27)

I'm sure Gaming magazines, which are on their knees these days due to the internet, will give away their exclusive stories for free to online forums alright.

Come on people... Common sense. smile.gif

Yeah, ill believe it when I see it.

Until then, im going back to watching the trailer and being happy with that.

Rag
  • Rag

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (White Infernus @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 21:09)
However the only niggling problem with it being Tommy is the fact he moves here for the weather...

Maybe he means the constant hurricanes? confused.gif

Chewie
  • Chewie

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

Has anyone thought that the guy being pushed on the ground next to the club is Ken Rosenburg?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users