Photo

GTA V Trailer 1

10,248 replies to this topic
Bruceafc
  • Bruceafc

UbeenFrimponed

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Kubalamix @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:16)
QUOTE (hobodealerr @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:01)

As our narrator says: You know how it goes.  wink.gif

0:25 - You know how it is..

Awesome find

hobodealerr
  • hobodealerr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (STR33TDR1FT3R @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:26)
@hobodealerr - Reading your post again, I think there could be a possibility. The way you've connected the lines between the franchise has struck me to believe/speculate that Tommy could just star in GTA V. It is evident that Tommy might no be in, but personally, I think the whole thing about them saying "its the biggest and most ambitious" could be relevent to the whole thing about Tommy. Even about playing as different characters, we could even play as Tommy.

What strikes me the most is how you stated that the narrator sounds like "a Tommy" who has lived a rich life and is back from the bad weather.

Overall, great job on the analysis Det. Hobodealerr

Thank you!

Yes, it's very possible. Me personally, I would prefer playing as a single character, and a brand new one to boot.

cf9
  • cf9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

Guys, although I would love for Tommy to be in the game... he'd be at least 60 by now. How would you like to play, realistically, as a 60 year old?

hobodealerr
  • hobodealerr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:38)
QUOTE (hobodealerr @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:33)
QUOTE (Kubalamix @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:16)
QUOTE (hobodealerr @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:01)

As our narrator says: You know how it goes.  wink.gif

0:25 - You know how it is..

Nice find! I actually misheard what the narrator says in the trailer, at the end he doesn't say: "You know how it goes".

He says: "You know how it is."

In the video you posted, the ending of Vice City, he also says "You know how it is." Just like you pointed out.

Too many coincidences, eh?

That's pretty interesting. The narrator in the trailer might definitely be Tommy, along with the older man looking over the city. The only thing that still bothers me is how he claims to have moved to LS for the weather, the 'not being able to leave VC because of bad weather' theory is a bit too incomplete to regard it as a fact or even a plausible theory.

It would make more sense if the older man were Claude, as LC doesn't have the best weather and it does seem closer to his age. We're just gonna have to wait.

Ooooo, well, I hope it's not Claude. He's a mute!

dudesimple
  • dudesimple

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (LVOE @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:33)
QUOTE (dudesimple @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:26)
This is hilarious!!!!!!!!

Absolutely incredible!!!!!!!

I'd bet Rockstar did each and every one of 'their' GTA series, independently, with almost no relation of one GTA game to the upcoming one! I bet they enjoined programming it, designing it, and laughed at analyzers that make theories about each and every piece of dust found in the previous versions.

The game isn't finished yet, it's in full development meaning a lot has to be modified and added, revised and created, BUT INCREDIBLY, almost all of you act as if ROCKSTAR has already written the game in stone and all we need to do is to discover the mystery already determined.

Very funny , indeed! Very funny!!!

PS: It's like the Zelda franchise !!! Everybody's trying to find connections  where there aren't any! Just enjoy each game as it's delivered... there needn't be any connection with any of the previous versions.

Chill out. What we do here isn't dead serious, entertainment mostly. This makes it easier to wait for new trailers and the game itself

I know man, i enjoy it also! But too many get this too serious... that's no pb. either, i find that funny also!

There's a place for everyone in this forum! I just wanted to emphasize that expecting too much from reality might be disappointing if you don't dross you knobs the right way. f*ck, i would love San Francisco, Las Vegas, and all the other in GTA V also, but it's a hard thing to achieve!

First of all Rockstar must achieve better graphics, game mechanics than in GTA IV, and other interesting stuff on one city to begin with : Los Santos . Isn't that enough ?
+ We get beaches and country-side with the latest todays technology can deploy. But no, we want 3 x times that!!!! That's hard to achieve man . It would need 3 times the team that worked on GTA IV and we all know that even though Rockstar can afford it this doesn't justify the action yet because it leaves so much uncharted territories for the future !

GTA5RULESALL
  • GTA5RULESALL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

Hi all, I am new to this forum and what I am writing here is not to spam/troll, etc. I work for a Playstation magazine in the UK ( I will not be disclosing any further details....) and a select few of our team have seen via video links with Rockstar in Scotland 30 minutes of in-game footage. I have not, personally, been privy to this unfortunately but I will relay to you what I have heard so far and I promise you that none of this is BS but that is down to the lot of you fans to judge. Ok, here goes:

1: The game world is absolutely massive and will push both xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character ( an African/American, early 30's) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wildnerness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.

2: The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less static.

3: There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.

4: There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.

5: There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....

6: Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)

7: The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc.

REAL JUICY INFO:

1: Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.

2: The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.

3: Weapons include the usual arsenal you'd aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/buidling to use as a weapon. There is also a museam where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.

4: it is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.

5: mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.

6: Character customisation is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can't be altered by race, age, height, etc.

7: Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neigbourhood houses.

8: No children NPC at all. Ever.

9: There is now an ability to grab people and use as sheilds or in "hostage" situations.

10: The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.

11: You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.

12: You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.

13: Certain weapons can be customisable and some even home-made.

14: One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...

15: Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.

Hope you enjoy smile.gif

hobodealerr
  • hobodealerr

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (cf9 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:45)
Guys, although I would love for Tommy to be in the game... he'd be at least 60 by now. How would you like to play, realistically, as a 60 year old?

Well, if it is Tommy, I doubt we'll play as him. I think the narrator/Tommy is a mission giver.

DarkEskimo
  • DarkEskimo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (cf9 @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:45)

yea, he would break a hip. lol

STR33TDR1FT3R
  • STR33TDR1FT3R

AMG Performance

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Hmm... Interesting... I hope this is legit.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:55 PM Edited by Dale Nixon, 03 November 2011 - 10:58 PM.

QUOTE (GTA5RULESALL @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 22:49)
Hi all, I am new to this forum and what I am writing here is not to spam/troll, etc. I work for a Playstation magazine in the UK ( I will not be disclosing any further details....) and a select few of our team have seen via video links with Rockstar in Scotland 30 minutes of in-game footage. I have not, personally, been privy to this unfortunately but I will relay... ...Hope you enjoy smile.gif

If this is true, and I am extremely skeptical, then that just sounds awesome. But if the cops would use dogs, wouldn't that mean that you are indeed able to harm the animals?

JasperHQ
  • JasperHQ

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (GTA5RULESALL @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:49)
Hi all, I am new to this forum and what I am writing here is not to spam/troll, etc. I work for a Playstation magazine in the UK ( I will not be disclosing any further details....) and a select few of our team have seen via video links with Rockstar in Scotland 30 minutes of in-game footage. I have not, personally, been privy to this unfortunately but I will relay to you what I have heard so far and I promise you that none of this is BS but that is down to the lot of you fans to judge.  Ok, here goes.....

Whoa if this is true that sounds AWESOME!!! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Has
  • Has

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

Come on guys. He works for Playstation magazine and can't type in proper grammar?
Either:
Playstation obviously doesn't know how to hire people right (unlikely)
or
This guy is a troll (Most probable)

Pleasure_Pier
  • Pleasure_Pier

Cult Member

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

Hi all, I am new to this forum and what I am writing here is not to spam/troll, etc. I work for a Playstation magazine in the UK ( I will not be disclosing any further details....) and a select few of our team have seen via video links with Rockstar in Scotland 30 minutes of in-game footage. I have not, personally, been privy to this unfortunately but I will relay to you what I have heard so far and I promise you that none of this is BS but that is down to the lot of you fans to judge. Ok, here goes:

OMG!!!!! AWESOME!!!! hope it's true sigh.gif

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:00 PM Edited by BrianJohnsonsBrotherCarl, 03 November 2011 - 11:03 PM.

I'll be really disappointed if the protag is that bald molatto guy. He just looks downright awful and nowhere as cool and the older dude. I really do think the older guy is the protag, simply because, if he was a NPC and you got missions from him, then why show him driving a vehicle in different sequences of the trailer? Of course we saw the black guy running from a chopper and also driving, but also why show an important NPC driving a vehicle by himself as if he was the protaganist? (Also implied by the looking over at the city shot). It's all up in the air for me right now, I'm not believing the 4chan stuff and whatever the hell that guy posing as a Playstation magazine editor or whatever just posted

GTA5RULESALL
  • GTA5RULESALL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

The mag I work for will be running a GTA 5 special in it's January issue. They saw this footage on Monday of this week before the trailer aired and are currently under a strict embargo but talk flowed out of the office and hence why I am posting here. Dale, you are quite correct in regards to the police using dogs. I am sure Rockstar will allow them to be injured and I am sure the PETA comment was simply sarcasm.

dudesimple
  • dudesimple

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

1: The game world is absolutely massive and will push both xbox and PS3 to the very limit in terms of what it has accomplished. Yes, the main city is simply Los Santos however is it AT LEAST 4 times bigger than Liberty City in GTA 4 and that is just Los Santos. The surrounding country side, beaches, etc are massive. For instance, we saw the main character ( an African/American, early 30's) travel by car from the center of Los Santos into the wildnerness and it took over 15 minutes. The views were incredible from farmhouses with cattle, huge wind farms, an oil refinery which appeared to be living and breathing with nearly 100 NPCs working on machinery, operating vehicles, lifting and loaded, etc, unlike the gas works in GTA 4 which seemed to only house a few NPC at a time. The forests are more beautiful than those in RDR and featured people camping, young NPC drinking and dancing around campfires, people riding dirt bikes and jumping over logs, streams, etc. The water effects, forna, plants, trees all looked beautiful.

2: The shooting mechanics have been greatly improved with animations for diving, climbing, rolling and crawling all added for better realism. The re-loading animations for new ammo also look cooler, less static.

3: There is much more climbable elements in the world such as ladders, overhand climbing, etc.

4: There are animals in the game from dogs to cattle but at this time it is not confirmed if you will be able to harm the animals. Rockstar were able to get away with it in RDR as it was a true depiction of the world in which the game was set. Allowing dogs/cattle to die in a game sent in current times may cause headaches with PETA. Its unclear if Rockstar were joking here.

5: There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....

6: Rockstar have included many, many more interior locations such as a shopping mall, college campus, police station, a huge hospital and there is also a vast underground sewer network which one mission later in the game involves a jet ski chase that culminates in a Fugitive-esque waterfall jump ( there are nods to the ridiculous but awesome Ballad Of Gay Tony missions)

7: The city is full of NPCs jogging, weight-lifting, hitting on women, being chased on foot by cops, shopping, washing cars, fixing fences, moving home, filling up their cars, etc.

REAL JUICY INFO:

1: Cars can be upgraded/repaired and it has been considered to have a car have fuel forcing the player to fill her up.

2: The dating aspect of the game is gone. You still have a cell-phone but only people you will meet in the game will call you to ask you to do a mission or to ask you to do something else before the mission.

3: Weapons include the usual arsenal you'd aspect but the flamethrowers, remote mines, laxer trip mines and claymores are included. It is possible now to pick up random objects in a street/buidling to use as a weapon. There is also a museam where it is possible to steal old age swords, axes, etc.

4: it is possible to rupture a fuel line and if you shot at the trail of gasoline it will lead straight back to the car blowing it up.

5: mini games such as bowling, darts, etc have all gone. You can play basketball, weight train, arm wrestle, gamble and cage fight, enter triatholons, water races, cannoing, ab-saling, rock climbing, base jumping, ski diving. More to be confirmed.

6: Character customisation is back but only in terms of clothing, body weight, etc. The player you start off which, much like CJ, can't be altered by race, age, height, etc.

7: Rockstar said burglary missions may return but only as part of missions and not on neigbourhood houses.

8: No children NPC at all. Ever.

9: There is now an ability to grab people and use as sheilds or in "hostage" situations.

10: The cops are much, much, much more realistic. If you kill somebody when you know there are no cops around you will not run the risk of a one star as often as you would in GTA4. The cops will use smoke and tear gas, dogs, riot gear and rams to knock down the doors of buildings you are hiding in.

11: You can enter some buildings and lock doors, push objects in the way to barricade.

12: You become better at things as the game progresses. If you only ride motorbikes then you will increase your skills, same as individual weapons.

13: Certain weapons can be customisable and some even home-made.

14: One mission involves breaking out a very familiar GTA icon from a previous game...

15: Torrential rain fall and sunshine and even tremors will appear in the game.

Hope you enjoy smile.gif

Yes, it sounds great!

We would all want to believe you, some of us surely will, but we need some proof! GTA III, IV, V pre-launching territory is full of spamming ,trolling and fakery ! BRING US SOME PICTURES! VIDEO? AUDIO? Come on man, if you got the text , you gotta have the video also? Bring it on!!!

yeahyeah
  • yeahyeah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

Not sure if anybody noticed or cares, but...

This scene:

user posted image

...is the same place as this scene, except on the opposite directions:

user posted image

Proof:

user posted image

With GTA's version of the Sunset Tower and the Standard Hotel, we can assume that this GTA's version of Sunset Blvd.

Japepe
  • Japepe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:03 PM

Think about his nick and that he's working for ps magazine. "GTA5RULESALL" sounds like troll to me but it can be true.

cf9
  • cf9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Hey "magazine guy".

Do you know if the environment is destructible? Can you ride a bike? What are some other cities (if not the name than just a description), and the thing that you thought was the coolest?

I mean, if you're real.

Has
  • Has

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (yeahyeah @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:02)
Not sure if anybody noticed or cares, but...

This scene:

...is the same place as this scene, except on the opposite directions:

Proof:

user posted image

With GTA's version of the Sunset Tower and the Standard Hotel, we can assume that this GTA's version of Sunset Blvd.

Nice man!
Never would've noticed.

GTAlove
  • GTAlove

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:05 PM Edited by GTAlove, 03 November 2011 - 11:11 PM.

What about R o d e o Drive?!

dudesimple
  • dudesimple

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

Yeah he's real! He's in high talks with Rockstar in order to publish top-notch info that would SUPER SELL his magazine, but no .... he's an ALTRUIST!!! He wants to spread the word before any selfish person gets to make any real money of it! pffffffff!

We want pictures, leaked trailers, etc! Bring it on!

PS: That's what will make the whole GTA V game so freaking awesome: IT WILL BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT from all the stories spawned by trolls right here! .... and elsewhere.

GTA5RULESALL
  • GTA5RULESALL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

GTA5RULESALL was just a random name I picked. It doesn't mean I am bullsh*tting. I am one of THE biggest GTA fans out there and if someone came onto a message board and posted a bunch of info I'd be sceptical too but I really have nothing but respect for rockstar and the fans of the series. Naturally, everyone wants official confirmation of what is happening in the game, etc and come 2012 everyone will get that information. For now, read my post, like it, hate it, etc. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I haven't seen the footage personally so I can't comment on my own personal favourite part. However, people commented on how much more realistic the city was in terms of NCP interaction. I don't know, at this stage, if the environment is destructible as coding that on-top of everything else would comprimise the efforts by rocksteady to try new things. I'd imagine the level of destruction is slightly more than that of GTA 4.

Has
  • Has

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Somebody reminds me of RockstarLeaks from about eight months ago.

Do we all remember what happened to him?

dozingoff.gif

STR33TDR1FT3R
  • STR33TDR1FT3R

AMG Performance

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Has @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:12)

dozingoff.gif

What happened ? Lol.

dudesimple
  • dudesimple

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (GTA5RULESALL @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:11)
GTA5RULESALL was just a random name I picked. It doesn't mean I am bullsh*tting. I am one of THE biggest GTA fans out there and if someone came onto a message board and posted a bunch of info I'd be sceptical too but I really have nothing but respect for rockstar and the fans of the series. Naturally, everyone wants official confirmation of what is happening in the game, etc and come 2012 everyone will get that information. For now, read my post, like it, hate it, etc. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I haven't seen the footage personally so I can't comment on my own personal favourite part. However, people commented on how much more realistic the city was in terms of NCP interaction. I don't know, at this stage, if the environment is destructible as coding that on-top of everything else would comprimise the efforts by rocksteady to try new things. I'd imagine the level of destruction is slightly more than that of GTA 4.

Come on man! DON'T GET EMOTIONAL! Bring the DOE! Feed us the meat! THAT's what we need!

If you cannot provide, ... !

Has
  • Has

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (STR33TDR1FT3R @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:15)
QUOTE (Has @ Thursday, Nov 3 2011, 23:12)

dozingoff.gif

What happened ? Lol.

After fooling half the forum into believing him he admitted that he was just trolling everybody.

Don't believe anything you hear. Just wait for official confirmation from Rockstar.

ko3219
  • ko3219

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

Thats What She Said

Florin
  • Florin

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

In case you're not bluffing, is the old guy Vercetti/Claude? or just some important character?

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

. . . would comprimise the efforts by rocksteady to try new things.

I hope you're not editorial staff. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users